Campbell Barracks Heidelberg bombing
|Campbell Barracks Heidelberg bombing|
|Campbell Barracks, Heidelberg 1945|
|Official name||Campbell Barracks Heidelberg bombing|
|Story Perps/s||Red Army Faction|
It was the second bomb at tack on an Army compound in West Germany in the last two weeks. An American lieutenant colonel was killed and 13 persons were injured May 11 by three bombs that shattered the officers club of the Fifth Corps headquarters in Frankfurt. (See: U.S. headquarters Frankfurt bombing)
An Army spokesman said today that the almost simultaneous blasts in cars parked some 150 yards apart had blown a hole in a wall of a data processing building at the Heidelberg compound and had shattered glass in a movie theater and officers’ club at Heidelberg's Campbell Barracks. The post is headquarters for the European command's 190,000 men, most of them in Germany.
The three dead, an Army officer and two soldiers whose identities were not immediately released, were near the data processing center when the first bomb exploded. The Army said that three military personnel and two civilians had been treated for cuts.
The second blast went off 10 to 15 seconds later in a car parked on a large lot facing the officers club and theater.
Reports from the scene said United States military police men had seized three Germans in connection with the blasts. An Army spokesman could not confirm this report immediately.
In a filmed television inter view broadcast shortly after the blasts, Interior Minister Hans Dietrich Genscher said that those being sought in recent terrorist attacks were largely identifiable with what is called the Baader‐Meinhof gang.
- Wikipedia: Events attributed to the RAF [MSM 1]
- AP: 25-5-72 BOMB EXPLOSION AT US ARMY HEADQUARTERS IN HEIDELBERG - The aftermath scenes of a bomb explosion which killed three persons at an American Army headquarters in Heidelberg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5GoIKE5nXY
- "2 Americans killed by car bomb at USAF base in West Germany". Schenectady Gazette. 9 August 1985. Retrieved 8 February 2014 https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1917&dat=19850809&id=lRAhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mnIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2951,2106934
- Captain Clyde R. Bonner
- Spec. 6 Ronald A. Woodward und der 23 jährige
- Spec. 5 Charles L. Peck
- Main List of psyOps
- Death of Celebrity Person
- Space fakery
- Nuke Hoax
- Plane crashes
- Various events