Automated News

Fakeologist.com Forums Fakeologist Propaganda Automated News

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carys
    Participant

Automated News

In a recent audiochat some of the fakeologists discussed whether most of our news is automated, repurposed and periodically republished.

Their comments came to mind when a friend posted this newspaper headline on Fakebook:

Freezageddon: Britain could see worst winter in 50 years

I got a feeling of deja-vu as I’m sure she posted the same thing last year.

Anyway, I took a look back over five years and found these headlines:

Of course, in the great tradition of the Global Warming/Cooling psyop, we have this published in the same newspaper, a day after the Freezageddon headline above.

Forget freezageddon, now forecasters say we’re in for two hottest years on record

Just hours later another friend posted this.

The joke is on us. Our collective dementia means we can’t recall what headlines we have read from one year to the next!

The program is running.

Carys
    Participant

Curious repeating headlines in the Daily Express
    Curious repeating headlines in the Daily Express

Carys
    Participant

Meet the robots writing your news articles: The rise of automated journalism (July 2014)

Meet the robots writing your news articles: The rise of automated journalism

Carys
    Participant

Posted by @aralsea in fakeologist chat (Sat, 3rd Oct)

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/11/media/robots-journalists-media-jobs/

Webb believes the next big thing will be stories that are literally created for each individual reader. A technology known as algorithmic distribution uses predictive analysis to determine the way stories are delivered to readers based on personal preferences.

Participant

Yes, I noticed aral’s sympathetic-to-this-thread post in the chat, Carys.

Webb believes the next big thing will be stories that are literally created for each individual reader.

It does seem clearly the way things are headed in our relationships with these personal media feeds, our computers and smart phones. Our preferences are tirelessly stored and fed back to us by robots, anyway, we know.

These weird automated ‘News’ stories get me rolling my eyes… when Formula One Driver Jules Biachi {fake) crashed at the Japanese Grand Prix last year
    I found several of these weird robot-voiced items among the most prominent in my youtube search.

DalTampra

I saw the story by accident on Yahoo news. But it makes sense totally. If production of goods are being automated then why not written articles which all have a formula anyway.

…and I see stories repeated on Yahoo etc that I saw 6 months ago. Stories that are not time sensitive and can be published anytime to fill space.

Carys
    Participant

Facebook Trending Algorithm Has First Weekend Without Humans, Picks Fake Story
    The algorithm went rogue over the weekend…

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/facebook-trending-algorithm-has-gone-off-the-rails-without-humans-in-control_uk_57c5327be4b0cc2b92b124da

Facebook acknowledges teething problems with the system, saying it’s working to make the detection of hoax and satirical stories “quicker and more accurate.” 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This entry was posted on by .