The Aberfan Disaster- Wales – 1966.

Fakeologist.com Forums Suspicious Media Events The Aberfan Disaster- Wales – 1966.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant
    Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

This guy handles a ‘Mine slide press conference’ like he’s accepting an Oscar,
    making sure to thank the big boys and say what a tremendous outcome they’ve had.
    It makes me think that mine slides are maybe an old way to move fake mountains…

And then this Chinese one from last year…66 dead…it’s just a coincidence surely…
    Is a pattern emerging again? I look at the set-up with this major gold mining company and I have to wonder…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Gyama_Mine_landslide

DalTampra

Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

This link from the Durham Mining Museum has some good information from the enquiry.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/ukreport/553-51.htm

DalTampra

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Another photo: [on page with the Pathe newsreel]
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/on-this-day–116-schoolchildren-killed-after-slag-heap-collapses-in-aberfan-disaster-163449393.html

Apparently three teachers survived at the school, five died. Of the dead, Deputy Head David Bwynon 47 of Penydarren. Also Marjorie Ann Rees 22 of Nelson, where she is buried at St Mabon’s church [ref RHS R25b G30]
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Fjfh04gj_ZEJ:www.churchinwales.org.uk/~l079/Churchyard.doc+
    I am finding it difficult to find any other definite names of teachers who died or survived at Pant Glas school, which is curious.
    THe adult deaths which don’t fit in with the pattern are only Nancy WiIliams 44 of 17 Pleasant View and Margareta Bates 35 of nearby Nelson. Neither of these names generates any back story. I can find no names of the teachers who allegedly survived.
    However, at the inquiry, FOUR teachers were interviewed as witnesses [day 3]:
    Morgan, M. Miss
    Teacher at Pantglas Junior School

Williams, Mrs. R. L.

Taylor, Miss H.

Williams, Howell
    http://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/politics/aberfan/day.htm

I find no mention of the HEADMISTRESS of the junior school at the time, alive or dead. But reported as dead
    http://www.alangeorge.co.uk/aberfandisaster.htm
    which I find strange – the leader of the school, dead, and not named.

See also the Aberfan Study collection at the University of Swansea, with many audio records which will be of interest to academic students of this event…
    http://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/politics/aberfan/other.htm
    The new headmistress of the new school is interviewed – AUD/526 Mair Jones

From the BBC…

My cousin was a teacher at Pantglas Junior school.

We went home and waiting anxiously to hear if she had survived.

It was a day or two before we found out that her students’ bus was late so she was in the staff room and not her usual classroom.

The classroom was completely demolished and she survived but had spent the time helping with the rescue.

My aunt was district nurse and was on the frontline of recovery but said she had never experienced such heartbreaking sights in her entire career.

We cried a lot and today we’ve shed another tear. An entire generation wiped out in minutes. So sad.
    Gareth Williams, USA

Hmmmmmm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/witness/october/21/newsid_3194000/3194860.stm

Who was the headmistress??? Have I missed her name??

PS now I find that Mair Jones was indeed the headmistress and she didn’t die, in contrast to one of the links.

In 1966, it was led by Headmistress Miss Mair Jones and the 10 teachers… Five teachers were among the dead including the Deputy Headmaster, Mr. Beynon who was found clutching five children in his arms as if trying to protect them.

http://video.cars.aol.co.uk/the-aberfan-coal-disaster-119994624

the video is unavailable
    http://fmv-lm01.ehost.aol.com/the-aberfan-coal-disaster-119994624

Strange still that Mair Jones is such a silent person throughout.

Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

I found this on a thread on the DavidIcke forum. It’s a bit of a distraction maybe, but I have to look at those funny old traditions and wonder…those druid boys loved a good sacrifice…

Originally Posted by jkick
    Apologies if these pics have already been posted, but if anyone is still in doubt about global elite and speak of secret societies in modern times being still in action.

A lady, bearing a strong resemblance to Queen Elizabeth Meets the Druids…

This was the Caption to the photo in Life Magazine 1946:

Queen Elizabeth Meets the Druids
    Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth II) in a robe of green is led by an acolyte to Archdruid Crwys Williams, who will initiate her into the Mystic Circle of Bards at the national Eisteddfod, or festival, at Mountain Ash, Glamorgan, Wales, August 6, 1946. Men and women who have made a significant and lasting contribution to Welsh culture are sometimes initiated or ceremonially welcomed into Druidical mysteries. But again — there’s no certainty that these mysteries, so many hundreds of years after the original Druids thrived, are related in any way to the actual practices, beliefs, and rituals of the ancients themselves.

Greek and Roman writers frequently made reference to the druids as practitioners of human sacrifice, a trait they themselves reviled, believing it to be barbaric.

Aberfan is just over the mountain from this area where the queen stood in Eisteddfod
    Savile visited Aberfan

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1061344437

td

”Greek and Roman writers frequently made reference to the druids as practitioners of human sacrifice”

And our lovely Liz joined them. I thought it was quirky as much as anything.
    Aberfan as a mock sacrifice playing to an ancient play book?

well…maybe…

DalTampra

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

One of the teachers, Miss Hetty Taylor was interviewed in 2006, aged 63:
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/reliving-horror-40-years-2307449
    19 October 2006

Hetty Williams was 23 in 1966. She taught Standard One, a class of seven and eight year-olds, travelling across to Aberfan with Michael Davies, another young teacher who lived in Princetown.
    I’d come in with Michael that morning, we had all been standing in the hallway talking with Hywel Williams, who also taught there, about a staff do at Bindles in Barry the following day.

‘Then when the disaster happened, it all changed.

‘The walls of my classroom were bulging and cracking, Hywel helped me get the children out, but then while we were standing on the playground, I was asked to come and identify a body.

‘They thought it might have been a senior school pupil who had got caught up in the landslide. It was a young man wearing a blazer and flannels so they thought it was a pupil. But it was Michael Davis.’
    Her friend and former colleague Rennie Williams, now aged 73, remembers the day.
    ‘My room was right next to the hall,’ she explained. ‘We were just taking the register and carrying on like normal. Then I heard a terrible noise I thought must be the caretaker moving furniture around in the hall. Of course, it wasn’t.
    ‘Some of my children were injured by bricks and debris because they were in the hall paying their dinner money. But we managed to bring them out of the school safely and into the playground.
    ‘Even after we got our children to safety and sent them home, we had to stay. The doctors asked us to help identify the casualties.’
    Both of the women stayed in teaching. Hetty, now aged 63 and living in Princetown, said: ‘They asked us if we wanted to move, but we said we should stay for the children’s sake. I kept teaching, and moved over to the Rhymney valley after my daughter was born. She is named after two of the girls I taught, Julie and Lynne.
    ‘I worked in at Abertysswg, Phillipstown and Bargoed, teaching children of the same age.’
    Rennie stayed in the Merthyr area and never lost her love of teaching. She said: ‘I just like working with the children.’
    See the special supplement in today’s Express for more on the 40th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster.

So, that would be Mrs R.L.Williams who was interviewed by Swansea University in 1986.
    Scroll down here
    http://tvguide.lastown.com/bbc/preview/real-lives-reunited/episode-1.html
    for a transcript of the above radio programmee, 29 minutes.

From the Western Mail 10 May 2007:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Queen+meets+Aberfan+survivors.-a0163182589

It was the Queen’s third visit to Aberfan. She paid her respects just eight days after the disaster and returned to open the yellow-brick community centre in 1973.
    “The Queen asked to meet survivors and bereaved people, so I set about contacting as many as I could,” said Cliff Minett, chairman of the Aberfan Memorial Committee, who lost his son Carl, seven, and 10-year-old daughter Marylyn in the disaster.
    Some were in hospital when the Queen first came here and others were just too upset to meet her.
    Former PE teacher Howell Williams, 56, survived when children around him perished.

Would a junior school have had a PE teacher? Perhaps.

Unrelated – musician Thomas Fredrick Willetts:

his passion for his community was evident when on 21 October 1966 he was one of the first on the first on the scene, assisting in counselling family members from the Aberfan Disaster. Musicians from the church played under his direction at the funeral of those who perished in the disaster attended by Queen Elizabeth II. In 1973 Fred created the Aberfan Festival in memory of those who had passed away and who had suffered the tragic events of 1966. Fred sadly passed away in 2007.

National archives:
    http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/s/res?_q=ABERFAN

Short 1:48 clip from BBC Timewatch 1996
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0127wss
    “the blond haired boy photo-op” – Jeff Edwards from 0:45 onwards, followed by interesting footage showing digging inside the school.
    2:32 clip here with interviews with Jeff Edwards, Susan Robertson, another photo-op child with policeman from 1966. Unnfortunately the rest of the programme is not available, which is a shame, because PE teacher Howell Williams is interviewed, along with Gaynor Minett and others.

Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

“The Queen asked to meet survivors and bereaved people, so I set about contacting as many as I could,” said Cliff Minett, chairman of the Aberfan Memorial Committee, who lost his son Carl, seven, and 10-year-old daughter Marylyn in the disaster.
    Some were in hospital when the Queen first came here and others were just too upset to meet her.

Again and again with this case, we have excuses for the absence of real victims ie the survivors and the bereaved.
    Why does he even bother mentioning it? He ‘set about contacting as many’ as he could but he couldn’t find many. That’s what he’s saying.

1966 Wales. The young Queen visiting? There would be plenty of genuine, bereaved parents for the Queen to meet, I think, even eight days after the tragedy, if we are to believe the official story that 119 children perished.

So often excuses. We hear how many people didn’t want to talk about it for years and how some are reclusive and suffer from depression or have moved away.

This line too. Again here from the ‘former PE teacher’ ( yes, we didn’t have PE teachers until secondary school ) on the occasion of the Queen’s third visit in ’97.

Former PE teacher Howell Williams, 56, survived when children around him perished.

“I don’t think anyone has known how to cope with what happened,” he said. “There was no counselling or anything like that. Individuals or groups have gone their own way.”</em

No counselling…yeh, that’ll be it. You see in those days people didn’t know how to cope. No trained professionals to talk them through it…

Really you’d think that something like that would make a community very strong. That’s what these psyOps try and ape isn’t it? The tragedy and destruction and then the rebirth. It’s a natural human process. They know that makes us strong, ultimately.

I see perhaps here that the driving force for that process – to genuinely work – namely ‘the genuinely bereaved‘, are repeatedly excused in their absence and we’re left with a rather vague sad picture of them not ever really coming to terms with it. They’re not needed here. (Conveniently, within the psyOp scenario)

An early and often quoted, seemingly scripted line surrounding Aberfan, is ‘A generation wiped out’.

It strikes me that this was perhaps a broad message from Aberfan pointing to the end of mining. They didn’t seek a thriving town, post-disaster, they sought the end of an era.

In this way they could wipe out ‘a generation’ – 119 children – and not particularly need to account for them.

No counselling then, you see. Very unsophisticated…

DalTampra

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

What became of Mair Jones? Apart from the 1986 interview ,held by Swansea University, hardly anything survives.
    Three years later, a new school with a new name opened
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19690804&id=XtxVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8uADAAAAIBAJ&pg=4314,880540
    Ynysowen Infants and Junior School, with 90 survivors from Pantglass and 310 other pupils approximately.

They don’t talk about it much now” said Tudor Evans, the headmaster. Miss Mair Jones, headmistress of the infants school, said that in helping the children recover from shock “The only psychology we used was to let them talk about it without our bursting into tears. If they felt sad and wanted to cry, we understood.”

Mrs Beryl Williams….said that few families had moved away… [her] son Keith was 9 years old when he died in the avalanche..her daughter Ann, 8, is a pupil at the new school….

…Arguments over the use and division of the [£4.8 million Aberfan disaster fund]

money caused such discord in the village that many said that the fund had been a disaster in the village in itself. Most of the dissention has ended now. Geoffrey Morgan, a 31 year old accountant who is permanent secretary of the fund, said the major outlay had been $14,000 <span style=”color: red;”> [exchange rate 2.8 ie.GBP 5000]</span> grants to each of 107 families. Other grants have gone for cemetery markers, home repairs and disabled children. The fund will also bear part of the expense of removing the remaining tips.

I am astonished that Mair Jones just disappears withut trace.

Of the adults who are reported to have died, in their 20s and over, I counted 10 who were the subject of probate.
    Margaretta Bates of Nelson, agd 35 , probate to David Alvin Bates, schoolmaster GBP4167
    David Beynon Deputy head aged 47 GBP4636
    Gwyneth Collins, aged 34, 78 Moy Road, 34 GBP1583 to John Collins Engineering Inspector
    Marjorie Christine Evans, aged 26, 6 Moy Road GBP1061 to James Arnold Evans, Quality Engineer
    Frederick Richard Hanson,aged 78, 79 Moy Road, GBP3995 to Derek Jones, Grocer and Gaynor Jones
    Brian Elvet Harris,aged 24, 84 Moy Road, GBP4199 to Janet Harris.
    Glenys Gabriel Jones, aged 46 of 79 Moy Road probate as Hanson above.
    Catherine Jane Jones, aged 75, of 83 Moy Road, GBP4837 to Margaret Dilys Brunt
    Marjorie Ann Rees aged 22 [teacher] of Nelson GBP1692 to Thomas Clive Rees, solr.
    Nancy ,aka Annie Wiliams, aka Nansi O’Brien [sic] of 17 Pleasant View aged 44, GBP2172 to David Robert Williams, Lamp Room colliery foreman.

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Some photos from above an around the school:

Talking of photographs, let me introduce I. C. (I see!) Rapoport

Born May 13, 1937
    Bronx, New York
    Pen name Chuck
    Occupation Photojournalist, Screenwriter
    Nationality USA
    Citizenship USA
    Alma mater Ohio University
    Period 1955-57
    Genres Fine Arts
    Subjects Photography
    Notable work(s) Aberfan: The Days After & Jos. Pilates, Rare Photos
    Spouse(s) Mary J Feder

Book Description
    Publication Date: April 1, 2005
    Full of sensitive photographs that do not shock but seek to suggest lives beyond their representations, this pictorial journey commemorates figures with the dignity of being people rather than victims. As social history, they construct a narrative of development that is ultimately positive even though some of the individual images are so delicately, tragically moving. These pictures show the community not only in its devastation but also in its social and historical particularity. The interiors, the clothes, the miners going underground, the woman holding a baby in a shawl—all paint a portrait of something lost.

About the Author
    I. C. Rapoport studied at Ohio University under Clarence White and assisted fashion photographer Robert Randall and LIFE photographer Nina Leen. He was stationed in the Pentagon and White House as military photographer during the JFK administration and has worked for LIFE, National Geographic, Newsweek, and TIME.

Source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._C._Rapoport

I.C. Rapoport (Chuck Rapoport) is known both for his work as a photojournalist in the 1960s and more recently as a TV and film screenwriter. Rapoport’s photography career is noted for his Life Magazine photo essay on the aftermath of the tragic Aberfan, Wales disaster

From 1970 to 2004 Rapoport wrote a dozen Movies of the Week for TV and worked as a staff writer and producer for Law & Order.

Awards[edit]
    Edgar Allan Poe Mystery Writer’s Award 1997
    Nominated for Writers Guild Award 1997[2]
    Published[edit]
    Sixty Strange Days – U S Army Basic Training in Words & Pictures (1966). OCLC 10943268. (out of print)
    Aberfan: The Days After: A Journey in Pictures (regarding the aftermath of the Aberfan slag collapse of 1966), Parthian Books, Cardigan, Wales (2005).
    ISBN 978-1-902638-62-1 (in print)
    Selected filmography[edit]
    Law & Order
    Baywatch (2 episodes, 1991–1992)
    Street Justice (1991)
    Cook & Peary: The Race to the Pole (1983)
    Living Proof: The Hank Williams, Jr. Story (1983)
    Word of Honor (1981) (TV)
    ABC Weekend Specials
    Diary of the Dead (1976)
    To Kill a Clown

Rapoport’s photographs of Samuel Beckett were displayed in the Beckett Exposition at the Pompidou Center in Paris (Spring-2007). In the winter of 2007, a one-man showing of Rapoport’s work, titled: Rapoport-Icons (JFK, Jackie K, Truffaut, Fidel Castro, Becket, Aznavour, ( Marylyn Monroe, Tina Onassis, Eva Gabor)- from the days he worked for Paris Match)

During the Kennedy Administration he worked as a military photographer stationed at the White House and the Pentagon. he photographed the Special Warfare Center/Special Forces (Green Berets) as they were being created. his photos were also featured in the Time JFK funeral edition.

Click to access Rapoport-Icons-2010.pdf

http://www.speechlessthemagazine.org/brando_and_me_rapoport.htm

As the picture magazines began to die out he made an almost (emphasis on almost) seamless switch to writing scripts for movies-of-the-week and then worked several years as a Writer/Producer on hit series, “Law & Order,” “Profiler” and “Veritas: The Quest.” Rapoport was on the staff of “Law & Order” when it won the Emmy for Best Dramatic Series, he was nominated for a Writers Guild Outstanding Dramatic Writing Award and he received the 1997 Edgar Allen Poe Mystery Writers Award. Rapoport—who, during a dry period in his writing career, earned money as a Deputy Sheriff in Fairfield County, Connecticut—now makes his home in Pacific Palisades, California. When he is not working on his autobiography: ONE MORE TIME: My Life as a Photojournalist, he is preparing exhibitions of his photographs for galleries around the world.

Let’s take a brief at his mentor Clarence White

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Hudson_White

One of the reasons for its success was White’s approach to teaching. He emphasized personal vision and style over any particular school or movement. Students were assigned “problems” and asked to create images that evoked particular concepts or sentiments, such as “Innocence” or “Thanksgiving”

White’s photographs were not casually posed; he carefully controlled every detail in his scenes, sometimes even having special costumes created for his models.[54] He saw in his mind exactly what he wanted and then made it happen through his camera.

So I see:
    I See Rapoport’s mentor “made things happen through his camera”.
    I See Rapoport took photos of the rich and famous including JFK and Marylin Monroe.
    I See Rapoport had photos featured in LIFE and TIME magazines.
    I See Rapoport’s photos were featured in Life’s JFK funeral,issue.
    I See Rapoport worked as a deputy sheriff in Connecticut.
    I See Rapoport was a military photographer for the White House and the Pentagon.
    I See Rapoport is a script writer and has written for Law and Order.
    And I See Rapoport made his way to the remote Welsh village of Aberfan, hung out in the local pub and took photos of the aftermath.
    here is a selection.
    http://www.rapo.com/icrgallery/Aberfan.htm

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Whatever reality is, it's not that.

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Rapoport – safe pair of hands.
    Here’s one of the haulage companies from Barry involved – well, the tippers don’t contain any waste in the photo above:

The Leyland comes from Vaynor Quarries in Merthyr
    http://www.alangeorge.co.uk/vaynorquarries.htm

Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

Talking of photographs, let me introduce I. C. (I see!) Rapoport

Oh Carole (to borrow from Chuck Berry), it’s almost the clincher isn’t it? What a profile, what a ‘company’ tool.

rap1

With the caption: ”Coal and children. That’s what it boiled down to.”

Yes Chuck. A whole load of children were apparently buried by coal. That is what is supposed to have happened. What a genius you are.

bas

Here the Teddy Bear is waving at us. This is clearly contrived, I have to ask, simply ‘Why?’. And then the devil child…

dev

The caption with this one: I believe her name was Cheryl. Her brother was killed in the disaster. The trauma of the events left her speechless and she wouldn’t leave her father’s side. Not for a minute.

Speechless and demonic looking. Like all the images, it’s very dark. If some weird bloke from America shoved a camera in many a young child’s face at that age they would cling to their father and not say anything. I think this is closer to the truth Chuck, isn’t it?

bd

Caption: Man who lost everything: his wife, his child, and his home. Nothing was left.

Apart from the wedding photo, the bowl, the Welsh Doll tea cosy and the side-board, that is, yeh?

bride

Caption:

The first bride in Aberfan after the disaster

Well, I would think the bride was absolutely delighted with that one on her joyful day.

bds

Caption: Young lovers at the Macintosh. The trauma of the events of the past month has them clinging to each other.

Well, probably not. It’s probably more like what young people always did in the pub on a Friday night. Filth, if you ask me. ”Get a room”.

ab3

Aberfan 1966. You’ve gotta laugh ain’t ya?

DalTampra

Tom-DalpraTom Dalpra
    Participant

http://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2011/10/21/remembering-the-aberfan-disaster-45-years-ago-today/

However, conditions were exceptionally difficult – the landslide mass had drained almost as soon as movement ceased, leaving a dense, cohesive mass that was difficult to excavate.

bvc

bfd

I’ve made this point before but the more I look at it, the more I think I see what happened.
    When I look at these images it appears that there was a main bulk of sludge that penetrated the town. It looks, and indeed it was reported, to be quite fluid.

We hear how the ‘mass drained almost as soon as the movement ceased, leaving a dense cohesive mass which was difficult to excavate’.

It poured down the hill, but as soon as it stopped and drained (almost immediately) it was dense and immovable.

It looks in this video like there was a great deal of water in the sludge. A deluge I’d say. We’re not told how soon after the landslide this film was taken but presumably it would have taken some time for a BBC film camera to have arrived on the scene? How long was all this water pouring down and where did it come from? Was it all from the spring? That much water?
    Go to 18 seconds:

When was this footage taken I wonder?

When we look at the large colour image there seems to be a channel cut in the hillside coming from the place where the pile was. This channel seems to end and we see how the sludge perhaps slewed out of the groove, (to the right as we look on the photograph) as one might expect something fluid to react, and then carried on downwards with gravity.

There is a broad field of slurry across the whole mountain which you would expect from a normal landslide perhaps, but the destructive part of the slip looks like it was almost a fluid and has ‘set’ afterwards in a concentrated narrow mass – literally having been channeled down the groove.

In saying that the slurry was fluid, I’m not saying anything that hasn’t already been said. It was said to ‘well-up and come down the mountain in a wave’. I think though, that if it hadn’t been channeled in some way it would have spread out across the mountain and not done anything like the damage it did.

It looks obvious to me that something is clearly wrong with the pattern of the slurry field.

This ‘dense, cohesive’ stuff was not only turned liquid, it was directed down towards the school. That’s why the Aberfan disaster happened.

DalTampra

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Tom, did you ever see footage of the landslide at Maierato, Vibo Valentia in Southern Italy in early 2010? There are several Sept Clues videos; the news footage shows unconvincing land movement, which looks a bit like a film sequence, but the aerial view shows definite damage

vs

It’s a strange one. One clue: there are no uploaded photos on Twitter of the site. And only this analysis from flickr
    compared air photo with google map

a more recent article occurs in “Geomorphology” -2014

Some kind of artificial land clarance?
    240424_IKR-LSK-127

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Photo Feb 26 2010 [looks very dry there…]
    regole....(Maierato)

Who else has reported on it? The scientfic press, eager to study such a rare occurrence in a dry area? Nope, but NASA has…

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/view.php?id=43160

The slide occurred on February 15 and may have been caused by heavy rain…… the area did not appear to be populated

The comparison photo was taken 7 years previously.

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

The all-collaborating BBC also pushes the dodgy video
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8517378.stm

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

M’learned scientific friends have subsequently reported on the “landslide”
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10346-011-0296-2#page-1

seems like they all “knew” it was going to happen, but only one video was there to record itn [the usual pathetic quality, worse than anyone’s mobile phone could do] and no scientists. Total bullshit. There was a 50 pc increase in rain postulated over preceding months….

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

The analysis of the prelandslide event setting demonstrates that this mass movement is the reactivation of a preexisting landslide of alleged seismic origin, remaining at an incipient stage….
    ….The Maierato landslide occurred on a gentle slope made of late Miocene to Plio-Pleistocene clastic and evaporitic sedimentary rocks….This event is a rather frequent combination of mass movements made complicated and spectacular by the fluidization of the weak limestone that imparted great dynamics to the movements. Such fluidization is an infrequent phenomenon especially in this geological context.

all put to bed nicely

xileffilexxileffilex
    Participant

Abstract [2014] Geomorphology
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169555X13005916
    Volume 208, 1 March 2014, Pages 50–73

wow, 24 pages….

rgosrgos
    Participant

Good stuff, Tom. I’ve been too preoccupied with the Dutch hoaxes but this is a classic. It also shows that this shit has been going on for ages. It’s quite endearing to see, actually, this retro psyoppery – underneath the rrrubble.

Nice personal detail, your having done a gig there. That must have been some psyopped and psyopping town.

I’m gonna try my hand on a Dutch golden oldie, the 1977 train hijacking. That one stinks to high heaven.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

2 thoughts on “The Aberfan Disaster- Wales – 1966.

1. Pingback: ABERFAN DISASTER. Was It The UK’S 1st Televised PSYOP? | WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE??

2. Pingback: ABERFAN. WAS IT UK’S FIRST TELEVISED PSYOP?? | WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE??

Comments are closed.