Even though Tom mocks our research, I still enjoy his discussion of various topics. He mentions a term new to me: disaster capitalism. It seems our non essential needs economy is built on disasters, real and mostly fictive. War is the ultimate disaster capitalistic event.
In this episode I take a look at the alternative/conspiracy theories about the sinking of the Titanic, in the context of mass trauma events and disaster capitalism. I look at the theory that the Titanic was switched for its sister ship, the Olympic, and that it was the Olympic that actually sank in April 1912. […]Tags: alt mediaconspiracy theoriesfilm violenceWW1(Read more…)
* Duration: 45:20, Played: 43:18
* Published: 2015-01-04 11:58:26 AM
* Episode Download Link (42 MB): www.spyculture.com/podcasts/Cl…
* Show Notes: www.spyculture.com/clandestime…
* Episode Feed: ClandesTime – feeds.feedburner.com/clandesti…No tags for this post.