Minsk Metro bombings
|Minsk Metro bombings|
|Minsk Metro bombing - fire engines|
|Official name||2011 Minsk Metro bombings|
|Story Perps/s||Dzimitry Kanavalau,|
This psyop gained worldwide media attention and is one of a series of similar HRDPAR bombing psyops. In this specific psyop the perpetrators of the event are presented as lone wolfs and they are not presented presented as part of any grand narrative. Such differentiations happen often in case a psyop is going to be used for a political agenda which is not predefined by a major geopolitical narrative.
The 2011 Minsk Metro bombing occurred on 11 April 2011 when at least 15 people were killed and more than two hundred were injured in an explosion on the Minsk Metro, Belarus. The explosion happened at the central Kastryčnickaja station at 17:55 local time.
Initially the cause of the explosion was unclear, but was found to have been a bomb containing nails and ball bearings. President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko asserted that the explosion was aimed at undermining "peace and stability" and hinted at possible foreign involvement but also ordered an emergency investigation of domestic weapon storage facilities. The Prosecution Office launched a criminal investigation and classified the event as a terrorist attack.
Two suspects arrested on 13 April confessed to the bombing according to Belarus' deputy prosecutor general Andrei Shved. According to him they also pleaded guilty to Vitebsk cafe and Victory day bombings but the motives remain unclear. The investigation, which included law enforcement agencies from Russia, Israel and Interpol confirmed this view. Interpol stated that fingerprint evidence confirmed that the 2008 Victory day bombings and the 2011 Metro were committed by the same person. The trials attracted international political condemnation and the verdicts passed out have been questioned, primarily by the Belarusian opposition and the EU. The bombing came at a time of economic problems and protests against Lukashenko's government. Natalia Koliada of the Belarus Free Theatre believes that the national intelligence agency of Belarus planted the device, rigged a show trial and tortured confessions out of the two suspects. According to the investigation, the bomb was unique and the foreign investigators also expressed great interest in it. In March 2012 both men (Kanavalau and Kavalyou) were executed by shooting.
- BBC: Belarusians struggle to explain metro station blast https://web.archive.org/web/20110415095929/http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13057610
- Ria Novosti: Dead, wounded in Minsk metro blast - emergencies ministry https://web.archive.org/web/20110413172102/http://en.rian.ru/world/20110411/163476734.html
- ABC News: UN signals doubts over 'apparent' Minsk terrorist attack https://web.archive.org/web/20110418015022/http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/14/3191061.htm
- The Voice of Russia: Medvedev offers Lukashenko assistance in investigating metro blast https://web.archive.org/web/20110413063656/http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/04/11/48794434.html
- Telegraf.by: Europe Urges Lukashenko to Pardon Konovalov and Kovalev https://web.archive.org/web/20120320033402/http://telegraf.by/en/2012/03/evroparlament-prizivaet-lukashenko-pomilovat-konovalova-i-kovaleva
- Ria Novosti: EU Condemns Minsk Bomber Execution, Calls for Moratorium https://web.archive.org/web/20120319230226/http://en.rian.ru/world/20120318/172236723.html
Memorial Plaque to Victims of 11-04-2011 Terrorist Attack
Minsk Metro Bombing Memorial Plaque 2018
- Main List of psyOps
- Death of Celebrity Person
- Space fakery
- Nuke Hoax
- Plane crashes
- Various events