Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[]||year||date||description||[ACI 1]||[WP 1]|
|Tenerife airport disaster||1977||03/27||583||61||bombing same day at Tenerife airport||[ACI 2]
|Japan Airlines Flight 123||1985||08/12||520||4||Second-deadliest after Tenerife||[ACI 5]||[WP 3]|
|Ermenonville air disaster||1974||03/03||346||0||Team DCP crash. Among the passengers on board were 17 English rugby players who had attended a France–England match the previous day
6 British fashion models and 48 Japanese bank management trainees on their way to England.
|[ACI 2]||[WP 4]|
|Überlingen mid-air disaster||2002||07/01||mid-air collision
45 Russian school children, 11 year old boy. 3 calls to traffic control tower fail (no contact).
Father of dead child and wife kills air traffic controller Pieter Nielsen (36).
Perpetrator sentenced to 8 years, after appeal released.
|Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision||1996||11/12||349||0||mid-air collision of flights Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight 763 & Kazakhstan Airlines Flight 1907.
Captain Timothy J. Place, a pilot for the United States Air Force, was the sole eyewitness to the event.
|[ACI 2]||[WP 6]|
|Cerritos mid-air collision||1986||08/31||mid-air collision||[ACI 3]||[WP 7]|
|Zagreb mid-air collision||1976||09/10||176||0||mid-air collision of British Airways Flight 476 and Adria Flight 550, charter
Same day as TWA Flight 355
|[ACI 3]||[WP 8]|
|Hughes Airwest Flight 706||1971||06/06||1||mid-air collision at 18:11, WWII pilot, just pilot of F4 Phantom survives||[ACI 7]||[WP 9]|
|Grand Canyon mid-air collision||1956||06/30||128||0||mid-air collision||[ACI 8]
|Air France Flight 447||2009||06/01||228||0||Stalling near equator
"The pilot's actual voice", "actor's voices" at 26:30, 2nd ACI
Zal rule: Fatal Flight 447 (2012)
|9/11||2001||09/11||130||0||4 planes crashed; American Airlines Flight 11 (92), United Airlines Flight 175 (65), American Airlines Flight 77 (64), United Airlines Flight 93 (44).
War for terror, Zal rule: many
|[ACI 2]||[WP 12]|
|Pacific SW Flight 1771||1987||12/07||43||0||shooting
"gun found by FBI agent in a tree" !!
|[ACI 12]||[WP 17]|
|Lockerbie Bombing||1988||12/21||270||0||bombing||[ACI 12]
|Fedex Flight 705||1994||04/07||0||all (4)||hijacking cargo plane
"Navy trained hijacker, kept diary, Vietnam veteran pilot"
"hijacker smuggled speargun in guitar case"!!
"landed safely, none of crew flew again"
|[ACI 12]||[WP 19]|
|Miracle of the Andes||1972||10/13||Team DCP, rugby, cannibalism, charter
Wallace rule: Link
Zal rule: Alive (1993)
|Manchester United Munich plane crash||1958||02/06||23||15||Team DCP, soccer, charter||[ab 2][ab 3]||[ACI 15]
|Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash||2011||09/07||44||1||team DCP, lone survivor (crew), 37 ice hockey players (9 ex-NHL) died
"pilots falsified their documents"??
|[ACI 14]||[WP 22]|
|Hendrick Motorsports crash||2004||10/24||10||0||team DCP, NASCAR||[ACI 14]||[WP 23]|
|Zambia soccer plane crash||1993||04/27||30||0||team DCP, lone survivor (pilot), 18 soccer players died
"pilot accidentally shuts working engine down"??
"plane borrowed from Air Force!"
|[ACI 14]||[WP 24]|
|Alianza Lima plane crash||1987||12/08||43||1||team DCP, lone survivor (pilot), 29 soccer players died
"rescue boats out of fuel"??
|[ACI 14]||[WP 25]|
|Cubana de Aviación Flight 455||1976||10/06||73||0||team DCP, bombing, fencing||[ACI 14]||[WP 26]|
|Marshall Uni crash||1970||11/14||75||0||team DCP, football, 37 players died, charter
Zal rule: We Are Marshall (2006)
"originally planning to drive, not fly" !!
|[ACI 14]||[WP 27]|
|Wichita State Uni crash||1970||10/02||31||9||team DCP, football||[ACI 14]||[WP 28]|
|Air Florida Flight 90||1982||01/13||78||5||improper de-icing, pilot error
Programming for Hudson Hoax (2009) and TransAsia Flight 235 (2015)
|[ab 4][ab 5]||[ACI 16]||[WP 29]|
|Hudson Hoax||2009||01/15||0||all (155)||miracle||||[ACI 17]||[WP 30]|
|MH370||2014||03/07||mystery||[ab 6][CF 1]||[ACI 11]||[WP 31]|
|TWA Flight 800||1996||07/17||230||0||[ab 6]||[ACI 18]||[WP 33]|
|American Airlines Flight 587||2001||11/12||265||0||2 months after 9/11||[ACI 19]||[WP 34]|
|British Midland Flight 92||1989||01/08||47||79||IRA, 3 weeks after Lockerbie Bombing||[ACI 20]
|Empire State Building plane crash||1945||07/28||Plane flies into Empire State Building, prescriptive programming for 9/11||[ACI 22]||[WP 36]|
|Colgan Air Flight 3407||2009||02/12||50||0||Captain Marvin Renslow, 47, of Lutz, Florida, was the pilot in command
Captain Renslow was hired in September 2005 and had accumulated 3,379 [just??] flight hours, 111 hours as captain on the Q400.
Rebecca Lynne Shaw, 24 [???], of Maple Valley, Washington, served as the first officer.
First officer Shaw was hired in January 2008, and had 2,244 hours, 774 of them in turbine aircraft including the Q400.
|[ACI 23]||[WP 37]|
|SilkAir Flight 185||1997||12/19||97||0||pilot suicide||[ACI 24]||[WP 38]|
|China Airlines Flight 611||2002||05/25||225||0||target culprit: nicotine||[ACI 2]||[WP 39]|
|US Airways Flight 427||1994||09/08||132||0||"no aircraft left after vertical impact"||[ACI 25]||[WP 40]|
|Indian Airlines Flight 814||1999||12/24||1||190||hijacking, just hijacker was killed.||[ACI 26]||[WP 41]|
|Copa Flight 201||1992||06/07||47||0||65 minute flight with 47 people (40 passengers, 7 crew)
From Panama to Cali, Colombia, crash in Darien Gap, YEAR investigation
Clothes have been blown off at crash 29 min after take-off
|[ACI 27]||[WP 42]|
|New Zealand Airlines Flight 901||1979||11/28||257||0||charter: sightseeing flight Antarctica
In Justice Mahon's report, he accused Air New Zealand of presenting "an orchestrated litany of lies" and this led to changes in senior management at the airline.
|[ACI 28]||[WP 43]|
|American Airlines Flight 965||1995||12/20||159||4||Flight 965 crashes near Cali airport, Colombia
Guerillas destroyed Cali airport radar station, not replaced, 4 survivors
|United Airlines Flight 811||1989||02/24||9||346||Flight 811 was Cronin's penultimate scheduled flight before his mandatory retirement.||[ACI 30]
|Swissair Flight 111||1998||09/02||[ACI 32]||[WP 46]|
|American Airlines Flight 191||1979||05/25||"the crash of American Airlines 191 was not just another story", his own son says he had relatives about his father (then those are your relatives too) (ACI 1)
Flight 191, "in 1978 airlines deregulated", "pilot as a favor exchanged with a colleague, losing his holiday time with his son, no time to let him know (!)", "first time flying", more than a 1000 hours flying DC-10s [is nothing]. Witness Ray DeVito. (ACI 2)
Wallace rule: In Search Of... (1980)
|Arrow Air Flight 1285||1992||06/07||256||0||improper de-icing. On the day of the crash, responsibility was claimed by Islamic Jihad, a wing of Hezbollah.
The claim was dismissed by the Canadian and U.S. governments soon afterward.
|[ACI 35]||[WP 48]|
|Avianca Flight 52||1990||01/25||73||85||Crash only accessible to vehicles via a single residential street.
Roads leading to the site soon became choked with traffic. Emergency vehicle drivers abandoned their vehicles counter to established policy.
This prevented other vehicles from being able to access the crash area. The road was so impassible, many rescue workers left their vehicles miles away and made it to the scene on foot. Fog also grounded rescue helicopters for two hours. As a result, many critically injured survivors were not evacuated until 23:30.
|[ACI 36]||[WP 49]|
|C53 Alps disaster||1946||11/19||0||all (12)||On board were eight passengers (among them two high-ranking officers of the U.S. armed forces, four women and one 11-year-old girl) and four crew.||[ACI 37]||[WP 50]|
|United Airlines Flight 585||1991||03/03||25||0||Just 20 passengers on board [?]||[ACI 38]||[WP 51]|
|United Airlines Flight 232||1989||07/19||285||111||Fire trucks had been placed on Runway 22, anticipating a landing on nearby Runway 31, so all the vehicles were quickly moved out of the way before the plane touched down. Runway 22 had been permanently closed a year earlier in 1988.||[ACI 5]||[WP 52]|
|United Airlines Flight 173||1978||12/28||10||179||Flight 173. Diehl was familiar with the research being conducted at NASA's Ames Research Center and believed these training concepts could reduce the likelihood of human error.
Held responsible for the accident, Captain McBroom lost his pilot's license and retired shortly afterwards.
He spent his remaining years battling numerous health issues related to injuries sustained in the crash as well as lung and prostate cancer.
He died on October 9, 2004 at age 77.
|[ACI 39]||[WP 53]|
|Air Asia Flight 8501||2014||12/28||162||0||41 people who were on board the AirAsia flight were members of a single church congregation in Surabaya.
The official search for bodies ended on 17 March, after 106 bodies had been recovered. 56 bodies remained unaccounted for.
115 remains (including body parts) were recovered. 111 of them are believed to be from 99 passengers.
|[ACI 11]||[WP 54]|
|ValuJet Flight 592||1996||05/11||110||0||Crashed into the Everglades about 11 minutes after taking off from Miami as a result of a fire in the cargo compartment caused by improperly stored cargo. All 110 people on board perished.||[ACI 40]||[WP 55]|
Air Crash Investigation
- [ Air Crash Investigation - ]
- They Will Kill You - 7 worst plane crashes
- Air Crash Investigation - Plane collisions; Zagreb, Tenerife, Cerritos & Überlingen
- Air Crash Investigation - Tenerife disaster
- Air Crash Investigation - Japan Airlines Flight 123 & United Airlines Flight 232
- Seconds from Disaster - Überlingen mid-air disaster
- Air Crash Investigation - Hughes Airwest Flight 706 collision
- Air Crash Investigation - Grand Canyon mid-air collision - Part 1
- Air Crash Investigation - Grand Canyon mid-air collision - Part 2
- Air Crash Investigation - Grand Canyon mid-air collision - Part 3
- Air Crash Investigation - Air Asia Flight 8501, Air France 447 and MH370 - propaganda for trackers and human error
- Sky Crimes - Pacific SW Flight 1771, Lockerbie Bombing, Fedex 705
- They Will Kill You - Plane Crashes that Killed Entire Sports Teams
- Surviving Disaster - Manchester United Munich plane crash
- Air Crash Investigation - Air Florida 90
- Air Crash Investigation - Hudson Hoax
- Air Crash Investigation - TWA Flight 800
- Air Crash Investigation - American Airlines Flight 587
- Air Crash Investigation - British Midland Flight 92
- Air Crash Investigation S14E10 Death In The Arctic M1 Plane Crash
- Disasters of the Century - B-25 Empire State Building crash
- Air Crash Investigation - Colgan Air 3407 - Flying Cheap
- SilkAir Flight 185
- Why Planes Crash - Fatal Flaws
- Air Crash Investigation - Indian Airlines Flight 814
- NOVA - Copa Flight 201
- Why Planes Crash - New Zealand Airlines Flight 901 & The Weather Channel - American Airlines Flight 965
- Air Crash Investigation - American Airlines Flight 965
- Unlocking Disaster - United Airlines Flight 811
- Air Crash Investigation - United Airlines Flight 811
- Air Crash Investigation - Swissair Flight 111
- Air Crash Investigation - American Airlines Flight 191
- Air Crash Investigation - American Airlines Flight 191 - 2
- Mayday - Arrow Air Flight
- Air Crash Investigation - Avianca Flight 052
- Air Crash Investigation - C53 Alps disaster
- Air Crash Investigation - United Airlines Flight 585
- Air Crash Investigation - United Airlines Flight 173
- Seconds from Disaster - ValuJet Flight 592
- Naked Science - Aircraft Crashes and Hijackings
- Why Planes Crash - Human Error
- [ Wikipedia - ]
- Wikipedia - Tenerife airport disaster
- Wikipedia - Japan Airlines Flight 123
- Wikipedia - Ermenonville air disaster
- Wikipedia - Überlingen mid-air disaster
- Wikipedia - Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision
- Wikipedia - Cerritos mid-air collision
- Wikipedia - Zagreb mid-air collision
- Wikipedia - Hughes Airwest Flight 706
- Wikipedia - Grand Canyon mid-air collision
- Wikipedia - Air France Flight 447
- Wikipedia - 9/11
- Wikipedia - American Airlines Flight 11
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 175
- Wikipedia - American Airlines Flight 77
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 93
- Wikipedia - Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771
- Wikipedia - Lockerbie Bombing
- Wikipedia - Fedex Flight 705
- Wikipedia - Miracle of the Andes
- Wikipedia - Munich air disaster
- Wikipedia - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash
- Wikipedia - Hendrick Motorsports crash
- Wikipedia - Zambia soccer plane crash
- Wikipedia - Alianza Lima plane crash
- Wikipedia - Cubana de Aviación Flight 455
- Wikipedia - Marshall Uni crash
- Wikipedia - Wichita State Uni crash
- Wikipedia - Air Florida Flight 90
- Wikipedia - Miracle on the Hudson
- Wikipedia - MH370
- Wikipedia - MH17
- Wikipedia - TWA800
- Wikipedia - American Airlines Flight 587
- Wikipedia - Kegworth air disaster
- Wikipedia - Empire State Building B-25 crash
- Wikipedia - Colgan Air Flight 3407
- Wikipedia - SilkAir Flight 185
- Wikipedia - China Airlines Flight 611
- Wikipedia - US Airways Flight 427
- Wikipedia - Indian Airlines Flight 814
- Wikipedia - Copa Flight 201
- Wikipedia - New Zealand Airlines Flight 901
- Wikipedia - American Airlines Flight 965
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 811
- Wikipedia - Swissair Flight 111
- Wikipedia - American Airlines Flight 191
- Wikipedia - Arrow Air Flight 1285
- Wikipedia - Avianca Flight 52
- Wikipedia -C-53 Crash on the Gauli Glacier
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 585
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 232
- Wikipedia - United Airlines Flight 173
- Wikipedia - Air Asia Flight 8501
- Wikipedia - ValuJet Flight 592