Aha-moments – sowing the seeds of fakeology

Fakeologist.com Forums The Big Picture Aha-moments – sowing the seeds of fakeology

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Loving Ab’s, Dustban’s, Johnny Clues’ et alia podcasts but I think we fakeologists (sorry about the generalization but I think it’s valid here) all have a similar problem – how to alert the people we love/like/find simpatico to the ubiquitous trickery, equivocation and media hoaxes that abound.
    I have recently had a few successes in at least making people go “Mmm” ( that’s the height of my ambitions at the moment, as I have found it is futile to go full blast – either you are ready for this or you aren’t).
    I think it would be great to have a sort of Kindergarten area where we can pool resources that have proven successful in making people go “Mmm”, that’s all. Fairly modest. No blood and guts or vicsims’ fake blood and guts.
    I would like to start a thread about sowing seeds:
    here are some reactions you have had that I would like (you) to share
    I said this and that to X and she blinked…”( What did you say? how did you say it)
    I showed this to my Dear Other and he/she passed it on to a colleague… (Why did he/she share that particular gem with others?)
    I made an outrageous statement to a chance acquaintance and challenged him/her to look it up and prove otherwise. He/she blinked…. (What was that statement? how did it mesh/clash with that person’s view of the world?

Many of these examples will be mundane. In fact, I think it helps if they are mundane and not world-shattering. I think everyone who posts/comments/reads things here is very curious. I would like to awaken the curiosity of those around me in the hope that we can all become more critical thinkers.

Here is my first example.
    I have been hammering away sporadically about CGI and fake personas to my husband. Recently I said I believed Snowden was CGI. Raised eyebrows and a look that said ” Here we go again!”. A few days later I came across this imagery. I showed him the video, and was surprised to see that my BH passed this information on to a third party and insisted that the third party view the material. Wow! Have a look:

OK – I know it’s mundane but maybe mundane is the new black. Perhaps people can slowly get attuned to this via a series of baby steps. So does anyone have any more suggestions for baby steps (ie non threatening encounters with fakery) that have proven ( a bit) successful?

Whatever reality is, it's not that.

People sometimes can’t believe that we are ruled by psychopaths. That’s OK. I believe it takes a personal encounter with a flesh-and-blood psychopath to make one open to that. But the following video does a good show-rather-than-tell of the gross wealth inequality in the USA at least, which anyone would agree could make a good breeding ground for psychopathy. Many people are not aware of just how tiny the MINORITY is that controls the MAJORITY of the world’s wealth. I showed this video to my daughter and she showed it at her school. Success:-)

Disclaimer: I can’t vouch for the veracity of the claims in the video but it does seem to open people’s minds a crack.

fakeologistFakeologist
    Keymaster

Great video. 9 out of 10 people, or 92%, 9/11. Still, I think their version of wealth is probably quite accurate.

HenkusHenkus

The two things i always (try to) use to make people go hmmm are the pictures of no plane at the pentagon (9/11) and the video at the pentagon that says 10 september. Also the CNN broadcast ,supposedly in saudi arabia, where one guy puts on his gas mask and the other a helmet.
    These are in my opinion very clear signs of media fakery and great examples to make people aware.

Zzzz…Start counting sheep – it’s time for a bedtime story:-)

null

“Wacky conspiracy theories” put to bed by Larken Rose reading the Saga of Operation Northwoods.

Especially recommended for the fakeology-shy.

http://aanirfan.blogspot.de/2014/05/
    larken-rose-on-wacky-conspiracy-theories.html

^ Thanks Henkus
    CNN fake news broadcast

Robbie Parker, alleged father of alleged Sandy Hook
    victim grinning and smiling at press conference.

7 outrageous hoaxes that really worked

Fairies for Arthur Conan Doyle
    Magic wands for the military
    The Hitler Diaries
    Etc, etc

Via Cracked.com
    http://tinyurl.com/m9pkoug

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Most people have never seen a plane crash into a building and even though the gash left on 9/11 is clearly a total cartoon, the fact that this “event” is so far removed from normal every day experience doesn’t allow people to view it critically.
    Birds flying across the sky, however – that’s something everybody has seen.
    This clip from September Clues really did it for me personally.
    This is supposedly live footage.
    I have never seen birds in real life fly like this.
    I don’t think anyone else has either.

Thanks to Simon Shack for this clip.

CGI is coming along in leaps and bounds.
    As one person in the comments says the CGI skin actually looks more real than the real skin.
    Another says, goodbye uncanny valley*, hello creepy valley.

*Uncanny Valley
    The uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of human aesthetics which holds that when human features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among some human observers. The “valley” refers to the dip in a graph of the comfort level of humans as subjects move toward a healthy, natural human likeness described in a function of a subject’s aesthetic acceptability.

I recently met two people and got into a discussion about Edward Snowdon.
    One person, an avid fan of “Democracy Now” with Amy Goodman, thought Snowdon was a hero.
    The other was a bit more sceptical of his motives but was mostly in the same page.
    Neither even know that he had admitted to working for the CIA.
    Both assumed he was a real human being.
    One of them asked me for my opinion.
    I said I thought he was CGI.
    “What’s that?” they said.
    I explained.
    The Amy Goodman fan got up and walked off.
    The other guy said, “Interesting, but I don’t agree with you. i would have noticed.”
    Maybe I should send him these films?

It would be so great if a President admitted that the US government implants false stories into news reports. Maybe then people would be more open to the possibility of media fakery.
    Oh wait a moment, one US “misunderestimated” president did just that.

“I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake.” –on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

Psychopaths realize at an early age that they are different, and that they should act as everyone else does in order to be accepted into society. They learn to mimic what they see others do, but they can never understand why they should act this way.

When I talk about the hoaxes perpetrated on us on a daily basis, some of my friends just can’t believe people could be such blatant liars.
    Well some people are different to the rest of us ( think Jimmy Savile and his “charity work”, Rolf Harris and his “public service” film warning against child abuse, and Tony Blair with his Weapons of Mass Distraction – arghhhh)
    The bad news is that some people can pull off huge hoaxes glibly and show no remorse even when they are caught out.
    The good news is that if we know the signs to look out for we can spot them.
    They used to be termed the morally insane or the morally depraved. Today the are called sociopaths or psychopaths.

free PDF download of book

Click to access defenseagainstpsychopath.pdf

Author’s website
    http://www.chinastrategies.com/survivalexcerpt.htm

HenkusHenkus

Wow all these new videos will greatly increase my arsenal to convince others.
    Well at least my friends ,who i think are on the verge of accepting greater degrees of fakery than they accept now. Might even get a few of the older ones like parents/family doubting their ‘reality’.

However i think one of the best ways to get to others is what we do right now.
    Everyone has his/her own rabbit trail to this site or cluesforum.
    My way was mainly through reading other peoples opinions and links in comments to articles.

When I read what I consider to be far-out opinions/comments i wanted to pursue those links/ideas and find out why ‘they’ think that way.
    What really made me think there was more to everything i knew was the fact that others were so confident in saying what they believe.

So I think we have to at least try to make others see we REALLY think/believe(?) there is more to most things in life than we were taught and use language in post/articles that shows we are confident in what we say.

Yeah, that is what is being done here anyway.
    For me all the evidence there is something more (hidden?) out there came hand in hand with reading other people’s ,borderline emotional, comments that showed they really believed it.

-edit-
    Oh hey almost forgot what one of my friends gave me :

The Best of Bill Hicks: You Can’t Handle The Truth!

Comedy maybe a great way to convince others.

Psyops are not new inventions.
    If armies used them in the past, why disbelieve the fact that they are currently in use?

Perhaps one of the earliest examples of Psychological Warfare was attributed to “Alexander the Great of Macedonia. Alexander had conquered most of the known world during his reign. With each region he conquered he left behind soldiers to keep control of the newly conquered area. Eventually, there came a point when Alexander realized that he had stretched his army too thin and was now in danger of losing to a large opposing force. Alexander’s only option was to retreat and regroup forces with the armies he left behind. However, to do so would certainly incite the opposing force to pursue him and very possibly capture or defeat his now smaller army.

What now?
    Duh!
    Time for an eensy-weensy PSYOP.

Alexander knew that if he could intimidate the opposing force they would be scared to follow his army. Alexander instructed his armorers to make several oversized armor breastplates and helmets that would fit “giants”, men 7 to 8 feet tall. As Alexander and his forces withdrew during the night they left behind the oversized armor. The oversized armor was of course found by the opposing force who then believed that they had come close to engaging in a battle with giants. A battle that they surely would have lost. The oversized armor coupled with the stories they had heard from travelers of the savagery of Alexander’s army caused enough doubt and fear that they elected not to pursue Alexander’s army.

OK – maybe not so eensy-weensy after all!

This psyop contains all the ingredients of its modern mimics- a dash of fear, a hint of weirdness and a big dollop of BS.

The likely PSYOP star of all time was born in China in 500 BC.
    His name was Sun Tsu.

Sun Tsu, recognized as one of the greatest military tacticians of all times, strongly advocated the use of psychological warfare as a force multiplier. Sun Tsu wrote that:

To capture the enemy’s entire army is better than to destroy it; to take intact a regiment, a company, or a squad is better than to destroy them. For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy’s strategy. Next best is to disrupt his alliances by diplomacy. The next best is to attack his army. And the worst policy is to attack cities.

Sun Tzu understood that given the opportunity, an adversary will surrender to a superior commander prior to conflict. In order to have a chance to be that superior leader, PSYOP must be coordinated and included in initial planning and implemented prior to conflict. If hostilities begin, proper PSYOP implementation can end the conflict earlier than otherwise expected. PSYOP is a force multiplier and resource saver.

An expert on Sun Tzu reveals the strategies and gives examples from modern warfare. He mentions Operation Desert Storm as an example of how the USA used “The Art of War”.

This effort by The History Channel is one on which the speaker in the previous video collaborated.

CREEPY Creed of the Psyop warrior in their own words (I think they have drunk their own Kool-aid)

Throughout history, in war and peace, I have played many roles.
    I am inspiration.
    I am motivation.
    I am intimidation.
    I am deception.
    I am…PSYOP.

I was the inspiration for Hannibal to take his elephants over the Alps.
    I was the motivation in the words “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death” and “Remember the Alamo”.
    I was the intimidation of the sound of Gideon’s trumpets.
    I was the deception used against the Trojans.
    I was and I am…PSYOP.

I rode with Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan and Sun Tsu.
    I saw action in both World Wars and in Korea and Vietnam.
    I helped bring a speedy victory in Just Cause and Desert Storm.
    I brought the hope of peace to Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan
    I was and I am…PSYOP.

I was the “talking tanks” asking the Nazi soldiers, “why die for a lost cause?”
    I was the leaflet which told the Japanese to “Cease Resistance”.
    I was the Commando Solo broadcasts to the Taliban warning them that,
    “we will destroy those who harbor terrorism.
    I was and I am…PSYOP.

I bring the light of truth where before lay the darkness of lies.
    I deliver hope to those who are in despair.
    I bring fear to those who believe their actions are without consequence.
    I was and I am…PSYOP.

I am that voice that tells the enemy to surrender or die.
    I am the shadow of doubt that makes the enemy question their actions.
    I am that power of influence that despots despise.
    I was and I am…PSYOP

I am the broadcast of reason over radio, television and loudspeaker.
    I am the light of truth in print media, leaflet, newspaper, handbill or poster.
    I am the force multiplier that wins my country’s wars.
    I was, I am and I will forever remain…PSYOP.

Via
    http://psywarrior.com/creed.html

Nice illustration of “pious fiction”.
    Names and stories fabricated to channel money out of your pocket.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/terry-fox-foundation-admits-booklet-contained-fake-quotes-1.1031374
    H/t Johan Backes

Tal ShiarTal Shiar

Hey Carole,

I just read about what you posted on June, 10th and I had some thoughts about it. Personally, I have found that just pointing out things to people who haven’t “awaken”, makes them start to think or question things. Just adding a comment to something that is going on, makes them think, and later on you can expose them to more, as time persists. Although, I’m sure that is the last thing that the “powers that control us” want us to do! I also remind people that Sigmund Fraud said that, “There is no such thing as coincidence!” This is huge, because I think people just pass by coincidence as being just a random thing. When in fact, it is not! It all can be traced back to a cause. Hence the phrase, “Cause and effect.” Things are never just RANDOM. Even things in space are caused by something . . .

Hey Tal,
    I totally agree with you. That’s my strategy too.
    Just get frustrated sometimes as nobody where I live seems to be on my wavelength. That’s why I am really grateful to Ab that he has opened up this forum so that we all don’t feel so alone.
    I like to point out strange coincidences too. But it seems to me that so many people have the attention span of a gnat for any topics that don’t directly affect them. All we can do is perform a sort of “fakeology acupuncture” and through the skillful application of significant “needle pricks” we might get some to “awaken”. A collection of needlepricks – this is what this forum topic is all about:-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.