Child Slavery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    knagjakknagjak
    Participant

Child slavery is supposed to be a pretty big problem today. Ive researched a little bit into it and found Nike had a lot of problems with child slavery. I feel pretty strongly about this kind of thing,and things like it, because things like that are not unlikely to come to the US in the future. I look at my kids and compare to the new information that i have dove into in the past couple years and see that the kids are our future and all around the world the children are the most oppressed in my eyes. Anyway to not get too into it I was thinking anyone elses thought in the matter maybe exaggerated in too far or a hoax on others opinions. maybe some are not into it as much because with all the craziness around us its hard to see sometimes.

-Tyler

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ArmunnRighArmunnRigh
    Participant

Let’s assume it’s as bad as it’s depicted, or even worse, for the sake of the argument.

The question then should be “Why?”

Additionally, what motivates slavery of any kind, including children slavery? Also, what is the distinction between slavery and productive and even educational work for a child?

If a family has a farm, it is very productive for a family child to feel useful and help out with the chores there. It develops a sense of worth, confidence and a sense of responsibility.

However, the child labor/slavery that is depicted is something quite different. It is not only completely absorbing of the child’s world (as there is a separation between real life and work life, unlike the family farm example I stated earlier) but it is an imposition on that child.

Distinctions done, what causes the second? Well, I would say necessity. On the one hand we have a state of social affairs that puts pressure on a family to the point of having them do anything to survive and on the other hand we have a family that is so battered down by the helplessness of circumstances that there are no other considerations apart from survival. In this respect, the son of a slave will star young in being a slave himself – sent there by the parents to help the family survive!

So, where do you start looking for sollutions? At state level or at family level? State promotes slave jobs and pressures the family to accept them and even cherish them. The family accepts its fate and has no considerations due to the helplessness felt.

Where to begin?

It is often thought that it should be solved at state level. It appears to make sense, but then you would have vast numbers of families with slave minds suddenly being told that they can now be self productive. It doesn’t work. Personally, I think it has to be solved on both levels at the same time: releasing the load on social conditions and enabling (not providing) enriching education.

knagjakknagjak
    Participant

Well in today’s world culture. Most of the kids that find themselves in horrible child slavery conditions were not born in the best of odds. Like a child that grows up in a farming family who was always made to believe that was his future was to take over the farm after his father and unless the child ever questions that concept or is open too new information and ideas than he will most likely become a farmer like his Father. In America when your parents went too 12 years of school, maybe college,works a full time job and pay their bills and nothing growing up made you think you could do anything but be a another part of society and work for money and cherish the same values as your family did. America I see more of brainwashed/self induced slavery. Being apart of the idea that America promotes instead of actually searching for your own idea of truth and wisdom. Because in America we the people could wake up and wise up and decide with one another that we must go a different route. Rather in other countries their are children born into savagery, war, sex slavery etc..

In these other countries like China, Africa, Haiti and most likley much more, where corporations are influencing, slaves pick cotton for clothes, chocolate, diamonds and that’s just what has reached internet surface. Because like you said the situation a lot of these families are in are a more physical and severe induced choice to make. in some cases families can sell their children too slavery because they are so poor. More directly affected by their oppressor i suppose. But here in America of course the major propaganda is giving the people here an idea of these corporations that they care for us and the world and they can do no wrong like our government. Its our consuming choices and taxes that pay and support a mass of evil in the world including the continuing enslavement of millions of children. And even if the whole thing is exaggerated fear mongering. It should defiantly be entering the mind as a possibility for this to not only be true but a serious matter witch should lead to questions being asked and consuming habits to be seriously monitored and more researched. But due to the enormous amount of detraction dumped on this society its hard to see the plain fact that our taxes, choices, and ignorance are used to support endless, blood slaughtering war. Let alone the enslavement of millions of young children. There is just no way we would live in a world like that. Its too far fetched..sarcasm..

And I understand how if you say ,for example, let a long enslaved society all of a sudden be completely free for then they will not know of the basic survival skills. But that is a concept for why i believe true revolution, evolution, move in a total new way of thinking has repercussions. I meen breaking down a system of total control in any way must cause chaos. But when you start critically thinking about what the possibility of the future is with leaving the people that are in power at bay while we live total oblivious to the facts of this world. I feel like if we are judged for anything its that. Part of the reason im glad places like fakeologist and others are rapidly growing. Hopefully to turn the tide of this plan.

ArmunnRighArmunnRigh
    Participant

Well in today’s world culture. Most of the kids that find themselves in horrible child slavery conditions were not born in the best of odds. Like a child that grows up in a farming family who was always made to believe that was his future was to take over the farm after his father and unless the child ever questions that concept or is open too new information and ideas than he will most likely become a farmer like his Father. In America when your parents went too 12 years of school, maybe college,works a full time job and pay their bills and nothing growing up made you think you could do anything but be a another part of society and work for money and cherish the same values as your family did. America I see more of brainwashed/self induced slavery. Being apart of the idea that America promotes instead of actually searching for your own idea of truth and wisdom. Because in America we the people could wake up and wise up and decide with one another that we must go a different route. Rather in other countries their are children born into savagery, war, sex slavery etc..

Maybe I should have clarified that I was talking ideally. That is, I was suggesting that for a child to work a few chores alongside his family is a valuable learning and confidence building experience. If the focus from the parents is to force a handover of the family business on the child, then of course I do not agree. Children need play but play must have also a connection to the real world. Too much fantasy during childhood causes a rift when the child grows and realizes the world is totally different.

In these other countries like China, Africa, Haiti and most likley much more, where corporations are influencing, slaves pick cotton for clothes, chocolate, diamonds and that’s just what has reached internet surface. Because like you said the situation a lot of these families are in are a more physical and severe induced choice to make. in some cases families can sell their children too slavery because they are so poor. More directly affected by their oppressor i suppose. But here in America of course the major propaganda is giving the people here an idea of these corporations that they care for us and the world and they can do no wrong like our government. Its our consuming choices and taxes that pay and support a mass of evil in the world including the continuing enslavement of millions of children. And even if the whole thing is exaggerated fear mongering. It should defiantly be entering the mind as a possibility for this to not only be true but a serious matter witch should lead to questions being asked and consuming habits to be seriously monitored and more researched. But due to the enormous amount of detraction dumped on this society its hard to see the plain fact that our taxes, choices, and ignorance are used to support endless, blood slaughtering war. Let alone the enslavement of millions of young children. There is just no way we would live in a world like that. Its too far fetched..sarcasm..

Oh, for sure the “consumers” (how I hate that word :-x) have responsibility for being on the buying end of the deal. Still, even if people in countries like USA all of a sudden refused to buy products from these countries or corporations, the problem would still be there. One thing we should realize is that although we feel pressured by what we see beyond the veil, people in the conditions of absolute subsistence have no opportunity to even question their surroundings – it’s live or die.
    So, boycotts to certain brands could be useful, but are only a half-measure – if there’s one thing true about multinational corporations is that they can adapt and withstand anything it has ever been thrown at them.

And I understand how if you say ,for example, let a long enslaved society all of a sudden be completely free for then they will not know of the basic survival skills. But that is a concept for why i believe true revolution, evolution, move in a total new way of thinking has repercussions. I meen breaking down a system of total control in any way must cause chaos. But when you start critically thinking about what the possibility of the future is with leaving the people that are in power at bay while we live total oblivious to the facts of this world. I feel like if we are judged for anything its that. Part of the reason im glad places like fakeologist and others are rapidly growing. Hopefully to turn the tide of this plan.

Again, I do not have the answers for these questions, but I have a hunch that just by leaving these poor populations alone altogether would mostly solve the problems overtime. We have a saying in portuguese that goes “A necessidade faz o engenho”, which translates as “Necessity makes ingenuity”. When faced with the need for rebuilding their lives, the natural cooperative instincts would reemerge and things would eventually work themselves out.

ala samoanala samoan

Again, I do not have the answers for these questions, but I have a hunch that just by leaving these poor populations alone altogether would mostly solve the problems overtime. We have a saying in portuguese that goes “A necessidade faz o engenho”, which translates as “Necessity makes ingenuity”. When faced with the need for rebuilding their lives, the natural cooperative instincts would reemerge and things would eventually work themselves out.

I agree Armuun, most of these countries that have this problem of child slavery, have had western culture forced upon them. I could be wrong, but child slavery and poverty is a symptom of globalization.

I think your right, if these people were able to embrace their culture once again without an outside influence, things would work themselves out. After all, the reason why these countries are third world is because of western societies influences.

Psalm 146:3
    Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

knagjakknagjak
    Participant

Oh yes. The damage is done. The imperialism and corporate fascism has tainted a lot of the world. I beleive its just another part of the big problem we as humanity face today i suppose. Its a system that I think in order for it to be fixed it must crumble along with all the other corrupt systems that influence the world. Revolution baby.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.