Duck And Cover

Fakeologist.com Forums 9/11 Duck And Cover

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Who could forget Stanley who on the morning of 9/11 while on his phone on the 81st floor was in for a bit of a shock… 😐

Luckily he must’ve remembered the ridiculous 1950’s propaganda film ‘Duck & Cover’

🙄

Participant

PROTECT AND SURVIVE

Oh yes, nuclear propaganda. Being born in Berkshire, England in 1967 I experienced the nuclear threat propaganda such as this from an impressionable age. Being a sensitive child I was deeply concerned on a level. How could I avoid it. I loved a bit of television. I lived very clearly under the influence of the nuclear threat, for part of my young life.

Watching this stuff now is cathartic. And hilarious.
    ”Close the curtains and wait for the sound of fall out…’poof, poof, poof; clang,clang,clang; whistle, whistle, whistle’.”

enjoy! :-))

DalTampra

Yeah i remember being in school and having the nuclear scare stuff being programmed into us with the TV movie The Day After (1983).

Henkus

I had never heard about ‘duck and cover’ till…i played the video game Fallout 3 (2008).
    Yeah i (still) play video games sometimes. It helps me to escape the ‘matrix’.
    This game is all about a post atomic-war world. But in this game the war happened
    in what we know as 1950’s america. (paralelle universe, whatever).
    So in the game you see all these 1950’s propaganda things relating to the communists and nuclear weapons.

So then i started researching this duck and cover.
    It seemed to me like some military term. But what i found was disturbing…
    It was all about teaching kids at school how to hide from (nuclear) explosions.
    Then i started to really think.

I live and grew up in Holland/Netherlands for reference.

My parents who are both from about 1945. They NEVER learned anything like this in school. And um… wern’t the soviet missles like… 2000 km from Amsterdam behind the iron curtain in east Berlin? That is so much closer than to the US.
    There is a lot to connect here now like the ‘bogus re-entry vehicles’ video from i think Paul from Australia. The podcast that made me join this community hehe.

So the children in the 50’s were trained to hide from missles that really realistically threatened only west europe. Assuming ‘short’ range missles are possible back then. And um. Wern’t those very long range missles, you know the ones that go out the earth atmospshere and return with like clusters of atomic bombs for maximum damage, invented years later? Surely after they went to space right?
    So what really threatened the US here?

/sarcasm on
    Must be the hidden U-boats that we can’t see.
    Yeah since those NAZI’s were so advanced and the redskins took that tech we are in danger of these U-boats that can just fire atomic missles of the coast of New York. And we can NEVER even see them coming.
    /sarcasm off.

I can think of only one thing that could REALLY have threatened the USA.
    This is assuming these outer space ICBM’s are impossible.
    And that was the ‘Cuba crisis’. But that was in 1962… years after duck and cover began right? So again what really threatened the US here?

I can only think of a few things here.
    These drills were made to raise ‘our’ parents in a certain way.
    Or hey, there maybe people here who even had these fear tactics drilled into them as kid (I feel sorry for you..). I’am from ’82.
    But i think it was to raise them with the understanding (idk a better word) that the governement was there for them and it was this big us versus them thing.
    Like how wars used to be back in the day. With big armies fighting other armies.
    A disticntive difference between us versus them. They are commies (=bad) we are well… um just good becuase… we have “freedom” or something.

But nowdays here in NL i see the propaganda move towards something like : there is no real us versus them anymore. There are all these lone wolf or Islamic terrorists and they can strike anytime anywhere.
    But we never teach kids here nowdays (in NL) to hide from attacks by those guys.
    ‘They’ seem to want the sheeple to be totally dependant on the government and not take action for yourself.

And there you have it. It turned into a wall of tekst….

-edit-
    I’m not making this an edit-fest like the other post with the Jaguar ad.
    But i like to add something about that Duck and Cover video : watch?v=-2kdpAGDu8s
    The voice in this video is so charming. All these 1950’s American stuffs has the best voice actors and i’m sure if i was in sleep mode back them i would have been converted np.

Ill just make one more edit and say that this duck and cover video makes me so sick. I can’t put it into words there is so much wrong with this and really takes a … i guess ‘fakeologist mind set’ with years of propaganda analysis to see how much is wrong here… i guess we can all feel the pain caused by these psy-ops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.