Is JLB a psychopath?

Fakeologist.com Forums Fakeologist Members Is JLB a psychopath?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This topic is about one of the members of Fakeologist and relevant in our realm of truth seeking and exposure of lies and liars. It is not a “personal attack”, it is merely an overview of observations in dealing with a certain character first-hand and a call for others (including JLB himself) to share their views.

The question in the title is something I was thinking about for a couple of weeks now and now thinking back, even since the moment I discovered his work.

First we need to establish what is a psychopath?

Not an easy to answer question. For different reasons, one of them is that the mainstream is filled with psychopaths and they obfuscate characteristics to steer our attention away from them. A part of that is the influence of movies and series, Hannibal in particular. Psychopaths are painted as ruthless killers, but that is a red herring. They use much more deception than use it to kill people physically. It is the mental killing that is dangerous. For instance the “prone to risk taking” and “often involved with criminal behavior” are in many psychopaths not the case, and especially not for more intelligent psychopaths. It is those who are the most dangerous; they can combine their manipulative behavior with intelligent tactics.

A list of characteristics:

Symptoms of a Psychopath
    According to the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy (Psychopathy Society), affective psychopathic symptoms include:

* A lack of guilt – spot this symptom when a psychopath does something that hurts another and feels no remorse about it.
    * A lack of empathy and compassion – spot this psychopathic symptom when the psychopath fails to understand or identify with the pain of others.
    * A lack of deep attachment to others – spot this symptom in a psychopath who keeps away from others, particularly emotionally.

Note that because a psychopath is often manipulative and charming, he or she may fake any of the above emotions.

The Psychopathy Society identifies the following interpersonal psychopathic symptoms:

* Narcissism – watch for an inflated sense of self and only caring about the self (more on the narcissistic psychopath).
    * Superficial charm – look for a charming personality that always seems to say the right things but whose actions likely don’t match the words.

The Psychopathy Society identifies these antisocial behavioral symptoms of a psychopath:

* Dishonesty – while a psychopath may try to charm his or her way out of a lie, look out for them, nonetheless.
    * Manipulativeness – this psychopathic symptom can be used in conjunction with any other to try and make the psychopath appear like other, non-psychopathic, people.
    * Reckless risk-taking – spot this symptom when the psychopath takes big risks with no regards to the consequences on himself/herself or others.

Symptoms of a Psychopath

A recommended audio is this one:

A lot of good points are made in this video, a selection, but please listen for yourself:

– a psychopath is a food-specific parasite, looking for empathetic people (11:00)
    – a chemical saturation of themselves, artificially built by the psychopath (14:30)
    – the role of enablers [us in the live chats] (14:40)
    – harvesting energy off of others (16:25)
    – deceptive language as when they hurt people, they don’t say “I am sorry I hurt you”, but “I am sorry you feel hurt by me” (20:00)
    – they don’t apologize (27:20)
    – mind control (27:50)

Now the first part of the title question. Do these characteristics also apply to JLB?

Any reader who doesn’t know him, you can check out his website here. There is a good selection of free videos available, and apparently more , also via his Youtube channel here.

From the videos that I watched all or almost all before engaging in discussion with him, I got the idea he was a very intelligent friendly guy who focuses on philosophy, something I like a lot. Hence my joy when we finally could talk here on Fakeologist audiochat. You can listen to that chat here.

And from the introduction to the chat you can already spot the first signs; he praised me not for anything to do with me, or the points in discussions we shared in pages-long email discussions beforehand, yet because I helped to promote his website. So immediately no emotional/social point, but a “what can I drain from him” selfish one.

I have been in discussion with the guy in more chats, also in text. A long conversation can be read after that first chat we had together here (FAC390).

And my views on a “discussion” (that turned into an unpleasant debate when JLB joined), here.

From the discussion at FAC390, a new trail JLB is on in the recent weeks can be seen. He poses the question if “TPTB”, the Elites, the manipulators, liars, counterfeiters, poisoners, hustlers, thieves and killers, are “evil”, and he makes clear he doesn’t think they are “at all”. Earlier he has denied the existence of “paid shills” online. And while I agree with him using the term as an accusation against each other in this Fakeology “community”, it doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I have talked to them for years online. If they are paid, I cannot prove of course, but shilling yes.

From all interactions I have had with this guy, a couple of things become very clear, and it would be good to see other perspectives of these and other points:

– he presents himself as a wise, charming and pleasant person
    – when he gets your attention (you become his enabler), he quickly turns the talk to his own topics and points in a strategic, non-organic way
    – he uses his knowledge of philosophy and especially fallacies always against other people, but refuses to acknowledge them with himself
    – he manipulates the discussion he has with a group of people using these shallow (for those awake) tricks
    – he presents himself in a deceptive way how he looks at the world, claiming he is not all wise, but in essence doing the opposite
    – he sucks off energy of other people in the same chat, disturbing and manipulating and always, obsessively, turning attention to himself (narcissism)
    – when he gets challenged, he uses the strawman fallacy of “ad hominem”, visible in the comments after FAC390 linked above, all to avoid having to respond to the challenge

There are more observations, or the whole idea that JLB is a psychopath may be wrong. I know quite some others have called him a “shill”. I don’t think he is, he is not doing this for others, but for himself. But people who have called him that, might recognize the observations I shared here.

I look forward to a good and open discussion.

"A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale" - Gaia (2017)

"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things." - Vladimir Nabokov (1938)

vexman

Reading this post about JLB came as a big surprise for me, especially since it came from you. I have a fresh memory of you suggesting his website is worth including in the link section at POM and saying that paying for a membership access to his site is money well spent. I guess we’re all just people, who tend to change our worldviews as the time passes by. And that is both a human characteristic and a possibility for growth and personal improvement.

I told you some time ago that taking skepticism to the extreme may turn anybody into an utterly nihilistic person. Nihilism is a philosophical trap. And I honestly believe that is JLB’s single biggest issue, he has lost himself in the maze of his own thoughts, where anything he’s not able to factually prove, gets dismissed. He ended up with an extremely short list of reality he was able to confirm (in his own methodology) and now he’s stuck with it. It’s hard to find anybody to talk to with this kind of limiting yourself. In the extreme, say the philosophers, “cogito ergo sum” is the only thought that can survive a nihilistic approach. I say – bollocks.

Another very disturbing thing in my opinion is the concept of dissipating the truth – for money. So if I understand this correctly, anybody who reaches the highest levels of knowledge and/or truth, has an opportunity to be reach since there are numerous guys and gals willing to pay for it. Well, I completely reject this idea. How about doing it for free, because you want everybody to reach your level and actually improve this crazy world? How about helping everybody instead of creating another obstacle in order to reach knowledge? I really don’t know what to make of it. Frankly, I have an opinion about such monetizing of truther’s page – it’s really, really wrong way to go as a truther.

Participant

Reading this post about JLB came as a big surprise for me, especially since it came from you. I have a fresh memory of you suggesting his website is worth including in the link section at POM and saying that paying for a membership access to his site is money well spent. I guess we’re all just people, who tend to change our worldviews as the time passes by. And that is both a human characteristic and a possibility for growth and personal improvement.

I told you some time ago that taking skepticism to the extreme may turn anybody into an utterly nihilistic person. Nihilism is a philosophical trap. And I honestly believe that is JLB’s single biggest issue, he has lost himself in the maze of his own thoughts, where anything he’s not able to factually prove, gets dismissed. He ended up with an extremely short list of reality he was able to confirm (in his own methodology) and now he’s stuck with it. It’s hard to find anybody to talk to with this kind of limiting yourself. In the extreme, say the philosophers, “cogito ergo sum” is the only thought that can survive a nihilistic approach. I say – bollocks.

Another very disturbing thing in my opinion is the concept of dissipating the truth – for money. So if I understand this correctly, anybody who reaches the highest levels of knowledge and/or truth, has an opportunity to be reach since there are numerous guys and gals willing to pay for it. Well, I completely reject this idea. How about doing it for free, because you want everybody to reach your level and actually improve this crazy world? How about helping everybody instead of creating another obstacle in order to reach knowledge? I really don’t know what to make of it. Frankly, I have an opinion about such monetizing of truther’s page – it’s really, really wrong way to go as a truther.

You’re right; I have now to acknowledge I was charmed, tricked, a victim of shallow tactics, that I didn’t recognize as being tactics.

And also I agree that nihilism is a trap, have talked about that before, both on- and offline.

I however still think it is fair to ask for people to pay. Most of us are posting our research out for free which deserves respect, nevertheless if you spend time (and thus not on money-making business), it is fair to ask for a compensation for that time.

The problem I have with this character is that he never provides answers. He’s very good in asking (and dodging) question, but when one asks for answers, there is no response or some silly rabbit trail leading nowhere. That and many more signs shows for me the guy is a psychopath, just here to suck off energy of others for his own amusement/parasitic behavior.

You and me may disagree on certain topics, still we can acknowledge each other’s efforts into research. It is this Divide and Conquer strategy that tries to split us, but I see no reason to succumb to that, no matter we may think differently about Miles Mathis’ “science” stuff.

My position is: “let’s embrace our similarities, let’s respect our differences”.

"A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale" - Gaia (2017)

"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things." - Vladimir Nabokov (1938)

vexman

I have no issues with a concept of asking readers for a fee, which some websites / authors use for private purposes. Even if an author decides to devote his/her time pro bono, there are still some costs related to hosting a webpage, buying domains, maintaining it, etc… But this is entirely different concept from monetizing the access to the content of one’s webpage, which I find turned upside-down. You see, it contradicts the main cause which supposedly made any truther research and publish his/her findings – we fight against obfuscation of truth, which is the main reason for the mess around us, so we want everybody to know what we know in order to change this crazy world into something better, more accessible and joyful for the ordinary people. Introducing a monetized approach to try and change the messy world we fight against is clearly a straight shot in the knee, not reasonable at all.

I’m glad you found a way to see who’s behind the mask, I know the feeling of realizing when being tricked. But that’s a very valuable experience, especially if it was a cheap mistake in your judgement. Paying a few dollars to find the truth is a bargain fee, after all, and now even I got to know it – for free. So don’t be ashamed or feel bad about it, it’s humane to make an error in your judgement. Been there, done that 😎

I think we’re not trying to get divided by some tactics, there’s much simpler reason behind your feeling. Don’t forget we all have different reasons why we chose not to participate in the sheeple madness anymore and why we started making some difference. Well, we might have been delusional to think we’re making any difference, but that’s another issue. Until we start realizing that we are already united in our cause, there will be disputes between us. That’s why I always try to reach out for anybody I find genuine and wholeheartedly involved in deconstructing this mad world. Mathis is THE man in this aspect for me and I’ve already explained to you where I started deconstructing our world of lies – in physics/science, slowly progressing through everything else. In my opinion, Mathisian charge resolves practically all “mysteries” of modern-day, mainstreamed physics in coherent and elegant way, which is a monumental achievement. But that”s a discussion for some other forum thread….

Participant

Vexman, this very topic and especially your first reaction are “addressed” by JLB himself. What he does is just confirming the observations made about him, so he exposes himself even more as completely detached from persons. He even says “the truth is trolling these guys”. And he calls himself a philosopher. The truth (an impossible to reach asymptotic ideal) cannot “troll”. Only people can. So you immediately see how he externalizes personal behavior to things.

Without addressing any of the points made in the OP. Red herrings that I don’t provide “quotes”. I have listed the audios and comments. Mister JLB presents himself as someone who chases logic. The thing is, he doesn’t. He cannot read either. I asked a question. He says that I make a claim. Not even the post that analyzes his behavior he doesn’t take seriously. Busted.

FAC417-JLB

vexman

I wasn’t aware of the audio he posted, thanks. I just listened to the first 30 mins, interesting feedback (or lack of it) to the core issue you’ve raised, Gaia. Wish you luck in resolving your disappointment.

Funny though, he thinks I lack logic. I think he lacks proper reading abilities. He criticized my criticism about charging for access to his truth posts, saying I said that I want more free content. That’s accusing me of something I never said, which makes it a lie. That’s rude. On top of everything else, I don’t need this kind of crap from some ball Earth skeptic. That’s kind of septic for my mind to boggle with. So I came to this thread for one last time to say I regret posting anything public here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This entry was posted on by .