Screens; modern heroin

Grand Illusion

Re: Screens; modern heroin

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

I want to add on to what I was saying about the capabilities of smart phones/black mirrors to record via camera and mic. How much has this also socially engineered people to behave different than in decades past? Are people now self policing themselves because they are afraid somebody will whip out their camera phone and film them?

Cameras taking over urban and suburban settings whether in cars (dashboard cameras), businesses, stores or people's homes in various forms whether doorbell cameras, in-home security cameras. Now I would think people realizing this are going to behave different and will not be able to behave naturally or spontaneously. Instead there will be more of a fake, superficial or robotic society. It's safe to say if people think they are being watched or monitored it changes how they behave especially in this Panopticon Society we have now.
pasterno

Unread post by pasterno »

Grand Illusion wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:58 am I want to add on to what I was saying about the capabilities of smart phones/black mirrors to record via camera and mic. How much has this also socially engineered people to behave different than in decades past? Are people now self policing themselves because they are afraid somebody will whip out their camera phone and film them?

Cameras taking over urban and suburban settings whether in cars (dashboard cameras), businesses, stores or people's homes in various forms whether doorbell cameras, in-home security cameras. Now I would think people realizing this are going to behave different and will not be able to behave naturally or spontaneously. Instead there will be more of a fake, superficial or robotic society. It's safe to say if people think they are being watched or monitored it changes how they behave especially in this Panopticon Society we have now.
Very cool thought.

Indeed, this idea that photos or videos will haunt your forever.

I think we don't fear our own camera that much but the cameras of the 100 people around us. Plus the doorbell cams, the state cameras on the highways tracking every movement by number plate, the cameras of the cars roaming the streets tracking wrongly parked cars.

I studied right before the smart phone time, we were always provoking, going out in weird clothes, pulling jokes, getting drunk, stuff I wouldn't want to be recorded. Especially in growing up, we need to be out of sight, run in the woods, where mom cant find you. That vibe. Most kids today are all tracked by their parents. I remember my mom worried on numerous occasions, it's like finding the limits.

Its similar to schooling. Where most is "multiple choice" today, easily processed and tracked. How different is that from talking with a professor? With a small group of people, just bouncing thoughts?

I believe there is a lot of self policing, more" self awareness" in the physical sense, I have seen the youth today is so obsessed with their bodies, how they look, how they come over to others. I think it's the effect of the camera.

Grown to be narcissists.

The availability of cameras, 1000x vs 25 years ago. Of sound recording devices, 1000x vs 25 years ago.

The recording of everything said, written, 1.000.000 times vs 25 years ago. On the internet, social media, comm apps, every message is saved, a "sexist" message might haunt you 20 years later down the line. I said so much dumb stuff 25 years ago and that's fine.

As we can't be forgotten, we can't grow in the same way. We are overly safe.

Anyhow there is something going on here.

Wether or not, the state records any of our sensors, we behave as if the state records us.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

pasterno wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:41 am I studied right before the smart phone time, we were always provoking, going out in weird clothes, pulling jokes, getting drunk, stuff I wouldn't want to be recorded. Especially in growing up, we need to be out of sight, run in the woods, where mom cant find you. That vibe. Most kids today are all tracked by their parents. I remember my mom worried on numerous occasions, it's like finding the limits.

Today I feel it's very odd how parents are overprotective of their children and arresting their development compared to previous decades of parents. Parents didn't used to give a shit about the safety of their children like they do now. It was encouraged by parents for children to get outside for most of the day. Not be monitored and worry about the children getting hurt or injured. I feel less bad is happening today or can happen to children than in years past. This idea to overprotect a child is just shackling their development but I think parents have been engineered to be behave like this. I'm sure this is all part of the plan by the elites. To keep the newer generations indoors staring endlessly at their black mirrors that also monitor them.