1987 PSA flight 1771 plane crash

All things 9/11
rachel

1987 PSA flight 1771 plane crash

Unread post by rachel »

I guess I've default selected the 9/11 thread for plane crashes, mainly because the 1996 Valujet 592 plane crash and the 2010 Smolensk plane crash both a 911 hints in them. This one I just found will doing a search on something else, so it will just be a placeholder for now. But the it's the part in red makes it rather interesting.

https://www.quora.com/Why-were-the-pass ... es?share=1
Read about PSA flight 1771. David Burke, a former employee, brought a gun onto a flight that his former boss, Ray Thompson, was known to take every afternoon. He shot Thompson, a flight attendant, the two pilots and the Chief Test Pilot or himself. After he shot the pilots, he moved the controls down and the plane went nose down. It crashed nose down at iirc 500 to 800 mph into a CA hillside. They found pieces of plane and human remains no bigger than a width of a hand of it survived at all. What they did find was the innards of black boxes, the trigger and handle of a gun with a fingertip to the first knuckle and a note written on a sick bag by Burke to Thompson about showing no mercy when he didn't get any. Burke had been fired due to theft.

So basically when a plane crashes, the plane stops but everything flies out. If it can escape the post crash fire entirely or gets slightly charred, stuff can be recovered and be clearly seen/read.

Anyone who calls this generation sheeple needs to take a long hard look at some of the nonsense that passed as fact in the 1980s.

Pointless isn't quite pointless, if you ask me.

Pointless intro (2010)
napoleon

Re: 1987 PSA flight 1771 plane crash

Unread post by napoleon »

whats wrong with 80s is it because of the doctor who era ?im kidding ,what you might have noticed about me is i love t.v. themes ,lovejoy,van der valk ,taggart ,bergerac ,any chance i get x
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

To get the Pointless reference, the reader needs to be aware of the types of questions the show sets its contestants. Then extrapolate what sort of scripts or stories these same people might write if they were required to fulfil a tender contract from a rich capitalist.

---------------------

Anyway, I've found a Los Angeles Times article digitised from December 8, 1987. Well I was hoping it might confirm if that 'gun handle with a fingertip un to the knuckle' featured, but it's a list of names. Two people from West Germany, the rest from areas around California, some apparent high profile names. Nothing more to say at this point.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Names of 5 Crew Members, 32 Passengers in Crash Released
DECEMBER 8, 1987

SAN DIEGO — The names of five crew members and 32 of the passengers aboard Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771, which crashed Monday in San Luis Obispo County, killing 43 people, were released by the airline and other sources.
The partial list of those aboard the aircraft included:

PSA CREW MEMBERS

--Capt. Gregg N. Lindamood, 43, of Julian, Calif., a 14-year veteran pilot with PSA who had logged 11,000 hours in the air, including 1,500 hours on the BAe-146.

--First Officer James Howard Nunn, 48, of Upland, Calif., who had been flying with PSA since March and had logged 12,000 hours in the air with 300 hours aboard the BAe-146.

--Flight attendant Debbie Nissen Neil, 37, of San Jose, a 17-year PSA employee.

--Flight attendant Debra Watterson Vuylsteke, 32, of Redding, Conn., a 10-year PSA employee.

--Flight attendant trainee Julie Gottesman, 20, of Veradale, Wash., employed since November.

PASSENGERS

--Shawn Addington, San Francisco Bay Area.

--D. Burke, reportedly a fired USAir employee.

--Jim Carroll, Redwood City, Calif.

--Stephen Cone, San Francisco Bay Area.

--John Conte, San Francisco Bay Area, a PSA customer service agent in San Francisco who was a passenger.

--Anthony Cordova, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Sharon Engstrom, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Karen Fox, hometown unknown.

--Donald Hoag, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Theresa Kekai, Los Angeles area.

--Jocelyn G. Kempe, 56, Ojai, Calif., a senior public affairs representative for Chevron USA Inc.

--Karin Krom, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Kathleen Mika, 25, Arcadia, Calif.

--Owen Murphy, Los Angeles, regional vice president of public affairs for Chevron.

--Wayne Nelson, hometown unknown.

--Cliff Perry, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Kevin Phelen, Los Angeles area.

--Thomas Rabin, New York.

--Curtis Rhee, San Francisco Bay Area.

--John Roseen, Los Angeles area.

--Bill Rosenberg, San Francisco Bay Area.

--B. Saur, West Germany.

--E. Saur, West Germany.

--Camile Scafire, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Kirk Shiba, San Francisco Bay Area.

--Allen F. Swanson, Long Beach, Calif., public affairs manager for Chevron in Southern California.

--James Sylla, 53, Kentfield, Calif., president of Chevron USA.

--Ray Thomson, Tiburon, Calif., USAir station manager at Los Angeles International Airport.

--Earl Webb Jr., Los Angeles area.

--Mary Webb, San Diego.

--Neil Webb, San Diego.

--Leon Winters, San Francisco.

Of the six passengers who remain unidentified, in one case the family has requested that the name not be released.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Here's the Smithsonian Channel's take, always worth watching to get the official story.

Gunfire Broke Out on this Plane Shortly Before its Crash

So it starts at Los Angeles airport, the plane bound for San Francisco. I'm not very good at geography, so just to confirm, both of these cites are in the State of California.

san-francisco-2788501411.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California
California is a state in the Western United States, lying on the American Pacific Coast. It borders Oregon to the north, Nevada and Arizona to the east, and the Mexican state of Baja California to the south. With over 38.9 million residents across a total area of approximately 163,696 square miles (423,970 km2), it is the most populous U.S. state, the third-largest U.S. state by area, and the most populated subnational entity in North America.

The Greater Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay areas in California are the nation's second and fifth-most populous urban regions respectively. Greater Los Angeles has over 18.7 million residents and the San Francisco Bay Area has over 9.6 million residents. Los Angeles is the state's most populous city and the nation's second-most populous city. San Francisco is the second-most densely populated major city in the country. Los Angeles County is the country's most populous county, and San Bernardino County is the nation's largest county by area. Sacramento is the state's capital city.

California_in_United_States.svg.png

California's economy is the largest of any state within the United States, with a $3.6 trillion gross state product (GSP) as of 2022. It is the largest sub-national economy in the world. If California were a sovereign nation, it would rank as the world's fifth-largest economy as of 2022, just ahead of India and the United Kingdom, as well as the 37th most populous. The Greater Los Angeles area and the San Francisco area are the nation's second- and fourth-largest urban economies ($1.0 trillion and $0.6 trillion respectively as of 2020). The San Francisco Bay Area Combined Statistical Area had the nation's highest gross domestic product per capita ($106,757) among large primary statistical areas in 2018, and is home to five of the world's ten largest companies by market capitalization and four of the world's ten richest people. Slightly over 84 percent of the state's residents 25 or older hold a high school degree, the lowest high school education rate of all 50 states.

Prior to European colonization, California was one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse areas in pre-Columbian North America, and the indigenous peoples of California constituted the highest Native American population density north of what is now Mexico. European exploration in the 16th and 17th centuries led to the colonization of California by the Spanish Empire. In 1804, it was included in Alta California province within the Viceroyalty of New Spain. The area became a part of Mexico in 1821, following its successful war for independence, but was ceded to the United States in 1848 after the Mexican–American War. The California Gold Rush started in 1848 and led to dramatic social and demographic changes, including the depopulation of indigenous peoples in the California genocide. The western portion of Alta California was then organized and admitted as the 31st state on September 9, 1850, as a free state, following the Compromise of 1850.

And an idea of the route. Straight away, we see all of this happens within State lines, both being Port Cities. And we are informed there are no survivors.

lasan670x400-949116765.jpg

This is the Smithsonian Channel's rendition of the crash. They like their nose dives.

gunfire.gif
gunfire.gif (3.12 MiB) Viewed 251 times
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Let's start off with Wiki for the date and time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_S ... light_1771
Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 was a scheduled flight along the West Coast of the United States, from Los Angeles, California, to San Francisco. On December 7, 1987, the British Aerospace 146-200A, registration N350PS, crashed in San Luis Obispo County near Cayucos, after being hijacked by a passenger.

All 43 passengers and crew aboard the plane died, five of whom, including the two pilots, were presumably shot dead before the plane crashed. The perpetrator, David Burke, was a disgruntled former employee of USAir, the parent company of Pacific Southwest Airlines. The crash was the second-worst mass murder in Californian history, after the similar crash of Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 in 1964. It is the second fatal crash of PSA after Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 182.

That will do for now, from that second paragraph, it suggests they used the script from the 1964 crash, so something to look at maybe in a different thread.

This gives us a better breakdown of the story.

https://content.time.com/time/magazine/ ... 53,00.html
David Burke's Deadly Revenge
Ed Magnuson, TIME
Sunday, June 24, 2001

"There's gunfire on board . . . We're going down."

The distress call came from Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 halfway on its run from Los Angeles to San Francisco, flying at 22,000 ft. Two minutes later, the British Aerospace commuter jet shrieked toward earth in a nearly vertical dive and disintegrated as it slammed into a hill near Paso Robles in San Luis Obispo County. All 43 aboard were killed, including four executives of Chevron Corp. From that baffling beginning, other messages gradually unraveled the mystery of what had happened.

"Jackie, this is David. I'm on my way to San Francisco, Flight 1771. I love you. I really wish I could say more, but I do love you."

The message on the answering machine of USAir Ticket Agent Jacqueline Camacho in Los Angeles was from her estranged boyfriend. David Burke, 35, was also a USAir agent, who had been fired on Nov. 19 after he was caught stealing $69 from flight cocktail receipts by a hidden camera. Born in Britain of Jamaican parents, Burke had never married but had fathered seven children by four women. After his dismissal, he turned moody and violent. He had held Camacho and her six-year-old daughter at gunpoint on a forced six-hour auto drive the previous Friday, and he seemed particularly bitter toward the boss who fired him: Raymond Thomson, 48, the USAir customer-service manager in Los Angeles. Thomson commuted regularly by air from his Tiburon home in San Francisco Bay.

"David Burke had been allowed to bypass security screening as a familiar airlines employee."

That was how an FBI affidavit described Burke's boarding of Flight 1771 after purchasing a one-way ticket. Thomson, heading home, got on the same plane.

"We've got a problem here," said a voice on the cockpit tape recorder recovered at the crash site. Then came other, more ominous sounds.

The tape had recorded gunshots, then the sound of pounding on the cockpit door and what the FBI termed the "unauthorized entry" into the flight deck. This was followed by scuffling and shouts in what one investigator described as "a terrible commotion." Finally came a high whine, presumably created by air rushing out of the pressurized cockpit through a bullet hole in a window or wall. Patricia Goldman, head of the National Transportation Safety Board's on-site investigators, said they could find "no apparent problems with the aircraft, frame, structure or engines" that would have led to the crash. Other investigators suggested that both the pilot and copilot had probably been shot. An inert body, slumped against the controls, could throw the plane into a dive.

"There is evidence to believe that David Burke was involved in the destruction of PSA Flight 1771."

That statement from the FBI affidavit was based on evidence found by the probers who picked over the muddy hillside. The grisly discoveries: one of Burke's thumbs, identified by its print, proving he had boarded the flight, and a Smith and Wesson .44 magnum revolver with six empty casings. The FBI found a USAir employee who said Burke had borrowed the gun from him last month. Most incriminating was a note, written in Burke's hand, on the outside of an air-sickness bag. It read:

"Hi, Ray. I think it's sort of ironical that we end up like this. I asked for some leniency for my family, remember. Well I got none. And you'll get none."

So we have a story about the 1987 California plane hijacking event published in TIME '2 months 2 weeks 4 days' / '79 days' before September 11th. The writer being Ed Magnuson, or maybe it's Editorial by a 'Mason Gun'.

In another report it is stated that 44 were killed, not 43. Then it goes on to specifically talk about the 4 Chevron employees. This suggests we are looking at number codes rather than magic numbers. It appears like a ripple effect seen in paragraphs. So in the grab below, the 44 relates to the 4 dead employees, and also to employee James Sylla, who was 53, as bother 44 and 53 sum to 8.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/12/08 ... 565938000/
flight 1771 plane crash 1.png

Anyway, getting back to the TIME article, we have the Flight 1771, so out of that number sequence we can get an 88, and also a 77 with a total of 7. And then 43 were killed, another 7.

Then we have David Burke fired on November 19th, 11/19, foreshadowing a certain number set, reinforcing a subconscious link between those numbers and a plane hijacking by a passenger that resulted in everyone on board being killed as the plane slams into...a mound. This is NUDGE THEORY in action.

And again, reusing the same trope, gunshots were heard on the flight recorder tape coming from the cabin, then "the sound of pounding on the cockpit door", a lot like the later 1996 Valujet 592 Plane Crash, where passengers are allegedly heard on the recorded shouting from the cabin, "fire, fire, fire!"

Then we have the obligatory 6 and 9, Burke "caught stealing $69", then holding his "six-year-old daughter at gunpoint on a forced six-hour auto drive". And then to almost harmonise back the the earlier 7s and the 4 Chevron employees, we have Burke having "seven children by four women".

And then we get into the airy-fairy use of language. Shots were heard from the cabin, but apparently not so anyone cares to report, in the cockpit itself. It's stated there was a scuffle then a high whine sound, "presumably" made by depressurisation, but no mention of the shots that must have been recorded preceding it in the cockpit itself to make the hole that was kind of sort of maybe in a window or wall claimed by the FBI guy.

And then the one thumb and the sick bag. And let me not forget the one way ticket...where we are clearly meant to come to the conclusion, 'he didn't by a return because he had no intention of coming back', where as one could equally argue, why would he care in the slightest when money was no longer a personal concern for him? I think that little "fact" tells us more about the writers than David Burke.

I'll see your 'Murder, She Wrote' @napoleon and raise you.

AGATHA CHRISTIE POIROT - OPENING THEME
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

i like the one way ticket tell ,good spot definitely from the head of a scriptwriter

reminds me of shawshank redemption ,andy tells red to find the tree in the corner of a field with a volcanic black rock ,which has no explanation of being there ,under it will be tin or message

not long after that he escapes ,and later red gets paroled heads to the field to find the tree and the rock

so why did andy a freeman have to head there after he escaped,to hide the money for red to make to mexico ,or to get the gun they never found that he killed his wife with

oooooh
]