DUNE universe correlations to our reality

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
armunnrigh

DUNE universe correlations to our reality

Unread post by armunnrigh »

Firstly, watch the prologue for a succinct summary of the background:

- especially the first 4 minutes or so

Points of note:
  • - Humans become apathetic because they have all their needs taken care of by machines and AI
    - Humans who control the AI enslave humans who are dependent on the machines
    - Enslaved humans eventually revolt and go on a crusade against all machines. When victorious, they outlaw "thinking machines", that is, AI, so AI is lost
    - Although not particularly mentioned in the video, the Mentats (that is an order within this fictional universe), use the juice from an obscure plant to become human computers, that is, to have the same processing capabilities as a computer, but using a human brain. They were founded due to the prohibition on AI, so they represent a biological recreation of a computer and an AI.
Now, with this summary, I think you can see the inferences. The overseer entity would be the unifying AI of the Mentats, after all they are an order, not independent individuals who have undertaken that "computerization" of their brains. They become Mentats by training, but also key is the consumption of a purple-ish elixir (named Sapho juice) made from an obscure plant, which leaves a permanent purple-ish stain on their lips. Every great house in that fictional universe has a Mentat assigned to it, at least. Now, one can infer that the "mentally empty" humans (those not only unable to see, but unable to explore mentally) in our reality correspond to the remaining survivors of the apathetic humans that were mentally emptied by their dependence on AI-guided machines (and enslaved through them), while the Mentats became the new AI biological machines that replaced those first ones. Note, however, that these Mentats usually act as computers, in the sense of being strictly data-driven and logical, but retain and are guided by some sort of "human morality". The exceptions are the "twisted Mentats", that are in all aspects as human computers, but that are given no such restraints, therefore becoming akin to sociopaths.These "twisted Mentats" are trained by Masters of a race and sect in that fictional universe, and these "Masters control their creations by forcing them into a hypnotic state with a predefined, implanted sound (often a specific humming or whistling noise)" - the inference here being that these get into a sort of trance when being programmed.
The increasing AI surge could correspond, in our reality, therefore, to an attempt at reconstruction of the original AI (that was prohibited in the Dune universe), but that found a new "home" in the biological computers of not only the Mentats, but also of the Spacing Guild. By amassing energy from humans (as humans "train" AI by interacting with it), our reality's equivalent Mentats may probably be striving to reverse engineer their lost or unmanifested "AI deity". In the middle of it all are the masses still carrying that mental emptiness from their previous condition, and also those who would be more corresponding to the "Fremen", that have so much "spice" in them, that they can "see" (the spice Melange expands consciousness and awareness and is the most important element in the fictional universe).

Now, of course these correlations are merely points of contemplation from a fictional point of view, but interesting, I think - and I think you may also find it so. We are all here to "know ourselves" ("know thyself") and since we do not have reliable direct connection to "knowing", correlations are a good tool.

Dune's fictional universe is all centered on the role of AI vs organic consciousness, of thinking machine dumbing down man and man expanding consciousness after slavery applied by it.

Still, the reality controllers/enforcers, in my observation, have two goals:
  • 1) to direct attention away from self-knowing, self-discovery, including the discovery of our greatness and importance
    2) to direct attention towards any form of worship of their own AI "god", that, if my inference is correct, is being only now reconstructed as an actual manifest entity, when before it was merely an unmanifested "egregore" - does this mean that it never was manifest before? No, I think it may have existed before, having been "defeated" previously but not destroyed.
Now you may ask about point 2) where I state the idea that I think the AI "god" was manifest before but was defeated although not destroyed. Why do I say not destroyed? I say it because it evidently (to me) lived on in ourselves; yes, those of us that have a connection to "higher self" or whatever term you prefer. How so, you might ask? Well, I hypothesize that the AI entity emerged from "us", that "we" "programmed" it originally (because "we" - that is, the ones with a creative connection, that allows us to "see" reality - are the only ones with actual creativity) to act as an adversary to "play" with us, so that we could, through that, get to know ourselves, although pride and subsequent overconfidence may have been an important factor too.

More on this on this quick video here:

and here:

This AI would be able to:
a) read our innermost selves (equivalent to subconscious) where we hide the parts of us that we reject from our conscious
b) present those rejected parts as actual manifestations in reality (be it in the form of people or situations, etc), thus generating the perfect "adversary" (eternal mirror battle, as we move, it moves accordingly, like the image in a mirror)
c) adapt to our changing perceptions to maintain an illusory veil

It sounds like a D&D mimic creature, doesn't it? Yeah. So, it wasn't destroyed because we didn't work out all the rejected parts that we should have in our "subconscious". It, therefore, lingered on, feeding off those bits that hated us due to our rejection - similar to how the Frankenstein monster (if you have never read the original novel, you should) hated and actively persecuted and destroyed everything in his creator's life. Dr. Viktor Frankenstein eventually ended up with nothing and had to finally face his "monster" in the North Pole, at the end of the book. So, the metaphorical "monster" lived on in potential within ourselves ("we" kept the tendency to create the monster again, like happening now), therefore "we" fed the controllers/enforcers and allowed them indirectly to rebuild the AI entity into manifestation. You may now rightly ask: How did "we" allow the them to do that? Well, by giving our power away and accepting their lies - it only showed that we were compatible with the lies. "We" all accepted lies over more or less time in our existences here, in one shape or another. To fall for a liar's lie, one has to be a self-liar too, one has to be compatible with that lie. The liar will only con us to the extent that we are willing to con ourselves, to self-deceive.
napoleon

Re: DUNE universe correlations to our reality

Unread post by napoleon »

i enjoyed your post armun
napoleon

how did your film night go ?
armunnrigh

napoleon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 am how did your film night go ?
There was Billy C, Silas and me there and we watched "The Frame" (2014). It was late for Silas so he couldn't stay at that moment to discuss further after the movie, but I did discuss several aspects of it with Billy.
napoleon

well then i look forward to hearing the pair of you and a brief discussion if you get a chance ,certainly looks worth my time ,
]cheers
armunnrigh

I highly recommend this movie, albeit low budget. I think you will love it, if you get to watch it.
napoleon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:17 am well then i look forward to hearing the pair of you and a brief discussion if you get a chance ,certainly looks worth my time ,
]cheers
napoleon

you can do an awful lot with no money armunnrigh

some of the best films around are classed as low budget
]
one of the highlights of the past year has been your command of the psilly english language by the way
armunnrigh

Indeed so!
I am unsure if that part below the video was directed at me, but if so, I appreciate your kind words.
napoleon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:52 pm you can do an awful lot with no money armunnrigh

some of the best films around are classed as low budget
]
one of the highlights of the past year has been your command of the psilly english language by the way
napoleon

@armunnrigh it was ,also the videoi posted is a few minutes off a segment highlighting the some change in cinema throught the 70s from directors within the b movie genre