PSI FI AND FANTASY

NASA lies - does that mean all things ball earth are up for debate?
napoleon

Re: PSI FI AND FANTASY

Unread post by napoleon »

And so it was.
Babalon's consort is Chaos, called the "Father of Life" in the Gnostic Mass, being the male form of the creative principle. Chaos appears in The Vision and the Voice and later in Liber Cheth vel Vallum Abiegni. Separate from her relationship with her consort, Babalon is usually depicted as riding the Beast. The Book of Thoth, "she rides astride the Beast; in her left hand she holds the reins, representing the passion which unites them. In her right she holds aloft the cup, the Holy Grail aflame with love and death. In this cup are mingled the elements of the sacrament of the Aeon".millenium
History tells us that the Babylonian Empire fell very suddenly and very unpleasantly to the Persians under Cyrus The Great in 539 BC. Later when Darius was King the Babylonians revolted unsuccessfully and as a consequence, they experienced many of the same brutalities they had previously inflicted . The Babylonians themselves strangled many . When the city fell Herodotus says that the gates were pulled down . The once great city – the Queen of the world – was defeated, devastated and despoiled.

this whore of babylon cleaned up her act ,she took on the mantle of babalon ,but she aint a whore no more and not many desire what she gives out ,for free at fakeologist.com
napoleon

how do i search comments in the blog?
napoleon

In his Secret Destiny of America, Manly Hall, Bacon's most understanding modern scholar, refers to the appearance in America, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776, of a mysterious Rosicrucian philosopher, a strict vegetarian who ate only foods that grew above the ground, who was a friend and teacher of Franklin and Washington and who seemed to have played an important role in the founding of the new republic. Why most historians failed to mention him is a puzzle, for that he existed is a certainty.

He was known as the "Professor." Together with Franklin and Washington, he was a member of the committee selected by the Continental Congress in 1775 to create a design for the American Flag. The design he made was accepted by the committee and given to Betsy Ross to execute into the first model.
TOMB_CHRISTIAN_ROSENKREUZ_2.jpg

A year later, on July 4, 1776, this mysterious stranger, whose name nobody knew, suddenly appeared in Independence Hall and delivered a stirring address to the fearful men there gathered, who were wondering whether they should risk their lives as traitors by affixing their names to the memorable document which Thomas Jefferson wrote and of whose ideals Francis Bacon, founder of Freemasonry and Rosicrucianism, was the true originator.
ipiccy_image - 2024-03-30T195251.119.jpg
the wizard of oz Some occult writers, including Rudolf Steiner, Max Heindel [5] and (much later) Guy Ballard, have stated that Rosenkreutz later reappeared as the Count of St Germain,
Christian Rosenkreuz

Christian Rosenkreuz is seen to have been Lazarus/St. John in his previous life, the Beloved Disciple whom the Christ had "raised from the dead" and who would remain active until the Lord's return.

rosencreutz tomb
The opening of Rosenkreuz's tomb is thought to be a way of referring to the cycles in nature and to cosmic events,hence the monolith from 2001 dimensions match the date the tomb was erected 1409 and 1-4-9, kubricks narrative of wizard of oz and rainbows plus his schema of using wizard of oz ,from 68 onwards ."My god, it's full of stars" is a phrase associated with a scene from the 1968 Stanley Kubrick film "2001: A Space Odyssey"

the twin tower complex was built to emulate ruby rosicrucians founder Christian Rosencreutz tomb ,all the 7 buildings that george lucas used to create the millenium fall-con spaceship were and are the walls etc and the doorway or mirror to see this alchemy was highlighted in 2001 a space odyssey ,when rain-bowman (rosicrucian oz schema and rainbows) when bowman enters the monolith on 2001 ,and where was the monolith on 2001 in a basin like neew york's counterpart the millenium hilton,not really to cerebral there.
totally off limits, but not too cerebral.

The Chamber of Reflection is an important symbol. It represents a womblike state, where the aspirant is to participate in his rebirth as an initiate, to indicate when the candidate emerges from the chamber, in the same manner as being born a new man. the rebirth of america relies on these fucks romantically named starchild, i call them fucks houseclowns ,maison entertainers
"My god, it's full of stars" is a phrase associated with a scene from the 1968 Stanley Kubrick film "2001: A Space Odyssey"
F-Tomb-Folio-spread (1).jpg

They entered the vault. It had seven sides and seven corners; each side was five feet wide and eight feet high. The sun had never penetrated this tomb, but they claimed it was brilliantly
illuminated by a mysterious light ? i can only guess .
In the center was a circular altar. In each of the seven sides was a small door. When these doors were opened, they found a number of boxes
filled with books, secret instructions and a record of Rosenkreuz‟s life and travels.
"An Unearthly Child"
The first episode was transmitted at 5:16:20 p.m. on Saturday 23 November 1963. The assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy the previous day overshadowed the launch of the series;[44] as a result, the first episode was repeated a week later, on 30 November, preceding the second episode.

An Unearthly Child

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
This is a good article. Click here for more information.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"100,000 BC" redirects here. For the year, see Middle Paleolithic.
"The Pilot episode (Doctor Who)" redirects here. For the first episode of series 10, see The Pilot (Doctor Who).
001 – An Unearthly Child
Doctor Who serial

Ian and Barbara find the Doctor and Susan inside the TARDIS as its interior is revealed in a scene described as "breathtaking"[1]
Cast
Doctor
William Hartnell – First Doctor
Companions
William Russell – Ian Chesterton
Jacqueline Hill – Barbara Wright
Carole Ann Ford – Susan Foreman
Others
Derek Newark – Za
Alethea Charlton – Hur
Eileen Way – Old Mother
Jeremy Young – Kal
Howard Lang – Horg
Production
Directed by Waris Hussein
Written by
Anthony Coburn
C. E. Webber (episode 1)
Script editor David Whitaker
Produced by Verity Lambert
Music by Norman Kay
Production code A
Series Season 1
Running time 4 episodes, 25 minutes each
First broadcast 23 November 1963
Last broadcast 14 December 1963
Chronology
← Preceded by
— Followed by →
The Daleks
List of Doctor Who episodes (1963–1989)
An Unearthly Child (sometimes referred to as 100,000 BC)[2] is the first serial of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It was first broadcast on BBC TV in four weekly parts from 23 November to 14 December 1963. Scripted by Australian writer Anthony Coburn, the serial introduces William Hartnell as the First Doctor and his original companions: Carole Ann Ford as the Doctor's granddaughter, Susan Foreman, with Jacqueline Hill and William Russell as school teachers Barbara Wright and Ian Chesterton. The first episode deals with Ian and Barbara's discovery of the Doctor and his time-space ship, the TARDIS, in a junkyard in contemporary London. The remaining episodes are set amid a power struggle between warring Stone Age factions who have lost the secret of making fire.
Za, the leader of a primitive Paleolithic tribe, attempts to make fire. A young woman called Hur warns him that if he fails to do so, the stranger called Kal will be made leader. After exiting the TARDIS, the unnamed old man, whom Ian and Barbara refer to as "the Doctor", is ambushed by Kal, when he witnesses him light a match. Kal takes the Doctor back to the tribe and threatens to kill him if he does not make fire; Ian, Barbara and Susan intervene, but the group is imprisoned in a large cave. With the help of Old Mother, who believes that fire will bring death to the tribe, they escape from the settlement but are intercepted and recaptured before reaching the TARDIS. Kal says they will be sacrificed if they do not make fire. While Ian tries to start a fire, Kal enters the cave and attacks Za, but is killed. Ian gives a burning torch to Za, who shows it to the tribe and is declared leader.
According to the narrative in the Fama Fraternitatis, Christian Rosenkreuz was a medieval German aristocrat, orphaned at the age of four and raised in a monastery, where he studied for twelve years. On his journeys to the Holy Land as well as through northern Africa and Spain, he is said to have discovered and learned various forms of esoteric wisdom. This journey, which would have taken place in the early 15th century, would have placed him among Turkish, Arab, Jewish, and Persian sages, and possibly Sufi or Zoroastrian masters.[4] Upon returning to his homeland, Rosenkreuz founded the "Fraternity of the Rose Cross" with himself (Frater C.R.C.) as head of a group of 8 members. Under his direction a Temple, called Sanctus Spiritus, or "The House of the Holy Spirit", was built for the members to return to and meet each year.

In his tomb, discovered 120 years later by a Brother of the Order, it is described that his body was in a perfect state of preservation – as Rosenkreuz had earlier predicted — in a heptagonal chamber erected by himself as a "compendium of the universe". Inside the tomb were illustrations on the ceiling and the floor representing the heavens and terrestrial worlds, with the seven walls containing various books and instruments belonging to the order. It is described that on the sarcophagus in the center of the tomb of Christian Rosenkreutz was an altar upon which was written the words "Jesus mihi omnia, nequaquam vacuum, libertas evangelii, dei intacta gloria, legis jugum" ("Jesus is everything to me, by no means empty, the freedom of the gospel, the untouched glory of God, the yoke of the law"). These words appear to testify to the builder's Christian character, yet have been interpreted by some to bear further cosmological significance.

Rosenkreuz's crypt, according to the description presented in the legend, is located in the interior of the Earth, recalling the alchemical motto V.I.T.R.I.O.L.: Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem ("Visit the interior of the Earth; by rectification thou shalt find the hidden stone").
F-Tomb-Folio-spread (1).jpg
Allegorical symbolism
The Manifestos are clear about their intended use of symbolism. As directly stated in the Confessio: "We speak unto you by parables, but would willingly bring you to the right, simple, easy and ingenuous exposition, understanding, declaration, and knowledge of all secrets."[10] The metaphorical nature of the legends lends a nebulous quality to the origins of Rosicrucianism. The opening of Rosenkreuz's tomb on the other may be interpreted to represent cycles in nature or cosmic events. Some may see the opening of new possibilities for mankind consequent on the advances of the 16th and early 17th centuries. Similarly, Rosenkreuz's pilgrimage seems to refer to the transmutation steps of the Great Work.

Similar legends may be found in Wolfram von Eschenbach's description of the Holy Grail as the "Lapis Exillis", guarded by the Knights Templar, or in the Philosophers' stone of the alchemists, the "Lapis Elixir".[11]
TOMB_CHRISTIAN_ROSENKREUZ_2.jpg
napoleon

i'm not wasting my time ,somebody else is !!,, I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did
the wizard of oz story is an alchemical journey who's origin is from this process of refining gold ,follow the yellow v.i.t.r.i.o.l. and the process till you get to the green shards of v.i.t.r.i.o.l. the emerald city then emerging from the chamber of reflection to see all your friends in a new light ,the self illumination process finding gold ,the alchemical illumination on 911 was always there on show
According to Albert Pike, the Chamber of Reflection ‘should be one story below the lodge room; and if possible, underground, with no window.

The floor must, in any case, be of earth. On the walls should be brief sentences of morality, and maxims austere philosophy, written as if with charcoal.’ The room should be completely dark, and the walls painted black or made to look like the interior of a cave.

In the center of the room is placed a small wooden table, accompanied by a stool or uncomfortable wooden chair for the candidate to sit on.

On the table the following items should be sombrely placed: a single lit candle, a human skull and crossed tibia (leg bones), an hour-glass, a small bell, a small loaf of bread, a basin of water, containers of salt, sulphur, and mercury, a mirror, papers, a quill pen and ink.

In some chambers of reflection, there may be a picture or representation of a rooster instead of the mercury.

Lastly the alchemical cipher V.:I.:T.:R.:I.:O.:L.:, and the words ‘Know Thyself’ should be written somewhere on the wall
https://www.are.na/block/7135989 In chemistry, vitriol is iron or copper sulfate salts and their derivative, sulfuric acid. The name comes from the Latin for “glassy,” after the resemblance of iron sulfate to shards of green glass. Vitriol is symbolized alchemically as the “green lion,” a poisonous substance that appears when metal is degraded by acid. Sulfuric acid, or oil of vitriol, was used in the synthesis of the lapis philosophorum- the Philosopher’s Stone. One unique peoperty of sulfuric acid is the dissolution of metals- all except for gold, on which it has no effect.so follow the yellow brick road !!

The alchemical motto for vitriol is “Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem,” “Visit the interior of the earth and rectifying (purifying) you will find the hidden stone.” well i went into the abyss and i jacked the philosophers stones and temples
The motto originated in L’Azoth des Philosophes by the 15th Century alchemist Basilius Valentinus. http://symboldictionary.net/?p=2658 In Freemasonry, the motto is a common component of the symbolic “Chamber of reflection,” where a Mason contemplates and reflects on the nature of death. In both Freemasonry and Alchemy, the motto refers to a process of internal, spiritual purification.
ipiccy_image - 2024-01-21T124509 (15) (1).jpg
ipiccy_image - 2023-11-10T224358 (1) (1).jpg
ipiccy_image (38) (2).jpg
i have a psientific explanation for all the shit you tarts have to ignore on 911 ,so bust out the end of days posse i can take em!!

so the combining of temples is old to me ,i back engineered the psi-pher your foundational myth and it is not the whore of babylon or a scarlett woman to me ,she is a beautiful and terrifying thing to me ,whore of babylon ? no .......... only to the degenerates

theres no mystery to babylon 911 for me and i am showing the vehicle for the destruction of your religions is easy to see
ipiccy_image - 2024-01-21T124509 (15) (1).jpg
ipiccy_image - 2023-11-10T224358 (1) (1).jpg
ipiccy_image (38) (2).jpg
In the Adeptus Minor Ceremony of the Golden Dawn the tomb of Christian Rosencreutz has another name: “This place was entitled by our still more ancient Fratres and Sorores, the Tomb of Osiris Onnophris, the Justified One and you, and you, and you were there! But you couldn't have been, could you?
napoleon

ipiccy_image - 2023-09-29T002051.993.jpg
ipiccy_image - 2023-09-28T203116.193.jpg
ipiccy_image - 2023-09-28T193942.014.jpg
Courtenay Turner joins to discuss Theosophy and the hidden masters floating in the Himalayas who influenced the crazy women who formed the religion that became the United Nations.
napoleon

when i show rey as dorothy ,she is the theosophist entire knowledge ,the theosophy that inspired a nazi regime had an origin and as always some right charlatans pushing it like blavatsky ,so dorothy and mind control are inseperable and originate in crowley he wrote liber oz
so when we see dorothy or rey wake up and steal a spaceship inspired by 911 ,created by george lucas a spaceship that is all three temples that will fall on 911 24 years ahead of time ,make sure you understand exactly what i am showing you
because this process of v.i.t.r.i.o.l. is what rules your smelly little worlds ,not my world boys this rey has stolen your temple,shown you officially oz exists as i said i would ,i show the millenium fall-con that should by now be understood to comprise vast amount of parts of religion history theosophy foreknowledge and last but not least the psipher ,this psi-pher that explains why your 911 event needs dorothy's to believe it .im a fakeologist whos dorothy woke up partway through the takeover ,solo-mans temple got jacked
napoleon

remember nothing i say is in the sanctioned script ,that's why your boys and girls all get enthusiastic about the most boring shit
6a1fdabbdf5f45cfbd3a91782187cd82 (1).jpg
yes boring
4CdE6Se - Imgur.gif
dgjp2nw-695dc7aa-70ab-4099-b394-aa770b75b1e4 (3).jpg
how many hours talking about a bridge?
napoleon

Arthur C Clarke’s original short story, The Sentinel. Clarke described the monolith as a pyramid shaped piece of polished mineral surrounded by a spherical force field.
ipiccy_image - 2024-04-17T154056.068.jpg
Kubrick, in adapting the story for cinema, changed this to a black rectangular box ….
ipiccy_image - 2024-04-17T154603.475.jpg
The first design for the Monolith for the 2001 film was a tetrahedral pyramid. This was taken from the 1951 short story "The Sentinel" that the first story was based on.[2][3] A London firm was approached to provide a 12-foot (3.7 m) plexiglass pyramid, and due to construction constraints they recommended a flat slab shape. Kubrick approved, but was disappointed with the glassy appearance of the prop on set, leading art director Anthony Masters to suggest making the monolith black.[4] The rejected acrylic monolith can be seen in St Katherine Dock, London, where it was hung in 1977 to commemorate the Queen's silver jubilee
ipiccy_image - 2024-04-17T155158.284.jpg
A mysterious alien civilization uses a tool with the appearance of a large crystalline monolith to investigate worlds across the galaxy and, if possible, to encourage the development of intelligent life. The book shows one such monolith appearing in prehistoric Africa, three million years ago, where it inspires a starving group of hominids to develop tools. The hominids use their tools to kill animals and eat meat, ending their starvation. They then use the tools to kill a leopard preying on them; the next day, the main ape character, Moon-Watcher, uses a club to kill the leader of a rival tribe.
Christian Rosenkreuz, the putative founder of the group of clever apes Rosenkreuz was born in 1378 and lived for 106 years. After visiting the Middle East and North Africa in search of secret wisdom, he returned to Germany and organized the Rosicrucian order (1403).
He erected a sanctuary (1409),
monoliths dimensions are 1-4-9
where he was entombed after his death in 1484.
the twin tower complex was built to emulate ruby rosicrucians founder Christian Rosencreutz tomb ,all the 7 buildings that george lucas used to create the millenium fall-con spaceship were and are the walls etc and the doorway or mirror to see this alchemy was highlighted in 2001 a space odyssey ,when rain-bowman (rosicrucian oz schema and rainbows) when bowman enters the monolith on 2001 ,and where was the monolith on 2001 in a basin like neew york's counterpart the millenium hilton,not really to cerebral there. 7th heaven, metatrons cube, solomons temple ,the millenium fall-con spaceship
Sefer Zerubavel , also called the Book of Zerubbabel or the Apocalypse of Zerubbabel, is a medieval Hebrew[1] apocalypse written at the beginning of the 7th century CE in the style of biblical visions (e.g. Daniel, Ezekiel) placed into the mouth of Zerubbabel,[ who laid the foundation of the Second Temple in the 6th century BCE. The biblical leader receives a revelatory vision outlining personalities and events associated with the restoration of Israel,(Star Wars) the End of Days, and the establishment of the Third Temple.
What is Nineveh called today? Nineveh - World History Encyclopedia Mosul, Iraq = Mos isley
Mosul, Iraq = Mos isleyIn the vision he is transported by the angel Metatron to Ninevah ,Ninevah was an ancient Assyrian city of Upper Mesopotamia, located in the modern-day city of Mosul in northern Iraq.
so it's fitting that we head to iraq ,when you splice the past solomons temple ,destroyed by nebudchadnezzar on 911, with the modern day solomons temple ie the twin towers ,which supposedly were also destroyed by sadam hussein on via 911 through the funding of terra-ism, who declared himself the reincarnation of nebudchadnezzar
5 years since ab's fakeologist openly started ignoring the blog ,just as i said we were heading to oz ,how could i lose against such gullible apes
napoleon

answer is i already solved 911 ,i wanted to take some on the journey
i'm all heart aint i?
imagine my surprize when i found out the lads here were not interested in going to oz ,sure the masonic java script coders in the discord were out and their swiss family robinson act died ,but to get to year 5 of allowing houseclowns to pretend to be fakeologists that take some actors indeed

so what are the odds on ab not speaking to any fakeologists ,the odd's are infinite when i solved it on his blog surrounded by retards ,you don't think they'd let ab speak to someone honest with me on his blog do you? hahahahahha
amateurs

as i say find an honest man and watch the frauds get all het up about bullshit and openly insult him daily by ignoring him and his blog ,ps if you try telling the truth it does work on honest men ,cowards on the other hand nah ,i dont deal with cowards
napoleon

The Mysterious Stranger In Philadelphia July 4th 1776
The Stranger who gave courage to doubters and sealed the destiny of the New Nation

In his Secret Destiny of America Manly P Hall refers to the appearance in America, prior to
the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776, of a mysterious Rosicrucian philosopher, a strict vegetarian who ate only foods that grew above the ground, who was a friend and teacher of Franklin and Washington, and who seemed to have played an important role in the founding of the new republic.Some years ago, while visiting the Theosophical colony at Ojai, California A. T. Warrington, esoteric secretary of the society, discussed with me a number of historical curiosities, which led to examination of his rare old volume of early American political speeches of a day earlier than those preserved in the first volumes of the Congressional Record. He made particular mention of a speech by an unknown man at the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Interesting Implications in The Stranger’s Words

He speaks of the ‘rights of man’ although Thomas Paine’s book by that name was not published until thirteen years later.

He mentions the “all-seeing eye of God” which was afterwards to appear on the reverse of the Great Seal of the new nation.

There is a lot to indicate that perhaps the unknown speaker was one of the agents of an unseen order, guarding and directing the destiny of America.

Who was this strange man who sealed the direction of the new nation? known as professor!!!!
young-rey-from-jakku-star-wars-joseph-oland (6).jpg

The book was published in Germany in 1616 as if it were the work of Rosencreutz, and was part of the widespread excitement over Rosicrucianism. Andreae later admitted he was the author. Crowley, winner of a world fantasy award for lifetime achievement, has written a new version of the story, drawing from extant English translations and working with a German scholar. His is the first new version of the story in at least 25 years, according to publisher Small Beer Press, which will release a paperback version in November illustrated by Theo Fadel. Crowley first discovered it in the writings of Frances Yates, who thought it was a political allegory – something Crowley disagrees with.

“It’s not a tract, and I actually don’t think it’s an allegory. I think it’s a ‘Thrilling Wonder Tale’, taking the most extreme possibilities of the alchemy of the day and deploying them in a story as though they are actual happenings,” Crowley said. “Science fiction works the same way – [to] take the farthest-out science possibilities and embody them in stories.
ipiccy_image - 2024-02-16T161202.682.jpg

“When Andreae confessed late in life to writing it he called it a ‘ludibrium’ – a Latin word that can mean a joke, a skit, a jeux d’esprit or a hoax. I don’t think he was trying to disown it, but he certainly didn’t seem to want it taken with full seriousness. And it’s the fun, the outlandish incident, the surprises, and the wonderful main character – Christian Rosenkreutz, an old self-doubting, curious, kindly, horny guy – all that’s what I wanted to bring to new readers.”

NYC_WTC_site_Millenium_Hilton_Hotel (2).jpg
america has a wizard running the show ,you see why the wizard of oz in waiting jfk pledged to land on the moon ,
Work from 1616 is 'the first ever science fiction novel'
A 400-year-old story about a man who journeys to a mysterious royal wedding is “the first science fiction novel”, long predating Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and other, later writers considered pioneers, according to the award-winning writer John Crowley. In his opinion, the genre starts with Johann Valentin Andreae’s 1616 work The Chemical Wedding, a new version of which he is publishing in November.

Andreae’s story opens as a winged woman, “so bright and beautiful, in a sky-coloured robe”, invites Christian Rosencreutz – the real-life founder of the philosophical secret society of Rosicrucianism – to a “Royal Wedding”. “If God Himself decree it, Then you must to the mountain wend Where three stately temples stand. From there you’ll know Which way to go. Be wise, take care, Wash well, look fair, Or else the Wedding cannot save you,” says a letter which sends Christian on a seven-day journey to serve the Bridegroom and the Bride, in Crowley’s new version of the text.

Published in 1616, The Chemical Wedding predates Johannes Kepler’s novel Somnium, which was written in 1608 but not published until 1634 and “which usually gets the nod” as the first science fiction story. But as Crowley writes in his introduction to The Chemical Wedding, Somnium “is more of an illustrated example or thought-experiment than a real story,” and while “the astronomy underlying it is new … it doesn’t carry the thrill of wild but just-around-the-corner possibilities that SF ought to”.

He says that the science of The Chemical Wedding “is late Renaissance alchemy, which had the same fascination for readers of the time as the scientific possibilities of classic SF did in its last-century heyday”. Crowley admits that “alchemy is not science if by science we mean only what is now included in that accretion of tested knowledge that still holds up as true even if primitive or inadequate”. Nonetheless, he argues, “alchemy is science … in the sense that it had a general picture of the material world and a rational scheme for formulating hypotheses and proceeding with investigations of it”.

“So that’s why The Chemical Wedding is the first science fiction novel: unlike other contenders, it’s fiction; it’s about the possibilities of a science; and it’s a novel, a marvellous adventure rather than simply a parable or an allegory or a skit or a thought experiment,” writes the author, adding that “like SF, it probably appealed to a self-selected readership of geeks and enthusiasts”.

Experts in the field were delighted at the news of the book’s reissue – but are not entirely convinced by Crowley’s claim. “If the modern novel as such is 17th century and is a ‘thing’, then it cannot qualify as the first SF novel. If, on the other hand, any lengthy tale is a novel, surely Utopia [published in 1516] is the first SF novel,” said professor Farah Mendlesohn, a science fiction academic. “But that doesn’t mean it’s not fascinating.”

“There are lots of 16th-century utopias and dystopias, which I’d say have a better claim to being SF than Chemical Wedding – Thomas More’s Utopia was first published in 1516 after all,” said Adam Roberts, professor at Royal Holloway and science fiction novelist. “Alchemy isn’t science, it’s magic: so it’s a stretch to call it ‘science fiction’. Nor is this the first ‘alchemical novel’ and it certainly isn’t the first magical story – there are plenty of alchemical and magical romances throughout the medieval period and further back.”

“There is a qualitative difference between stories of magic, which go back through medieval romance to Beowulf and the Odyssey, and stories that extrapolate from the new discourses of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment, which we call ‘science’. The Chemical Wedding doesn’t extrapolate anything: it’s a Biblical allegory and magical fable.”

SF author John Clute’s entry for Andreae in The Encyclopaedia of Science Fiction notes Crowley’s argument, adding that “in terms of its complex narrative register, the tale might also be described as a ludic fiction for its combination of burlesque, satire and deadpan elevatedness”.

“In the Science Fiction Encyclopedia we use the term ‘proto SF’ for most texts before Mary Shelley, and even some after,” said Clute. “Working out the first SF novel is not easy – a bit like looking for the source of the Nile in an alternate world where there is no Lake Victoria to discover.
it's inevitable the masons avoid the wizard of oz myth isn't it
these boys follow absurd orders