Bibliotheca Britannico-Hibernica

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
DonPowell

Bibliotheca Britannico-Hibernica

Unread post by DonPowell »

Screenshot 2024-07-05 233556.jpg
Screenshot 2024-07-05 234125.jpg
CAPUT PRIMUM

The literary glory of the Britons will be completed before the invasion of the Romans,

1. The Greeks and Romans wrote down the British aboriginals and aborigines, that is, not elsewhere
VJ whence they came, they wanted the fuiffe, and the manf of the blights and mushrooms inftar from the earth
in the beginning the germinafle are fufpicated by ; aft of the letters of the Pandeda to inform him of the rise
they will teach us the knowledge of men, in whose boldness we may believe this intruding from
ipfo was inhabited near the beginning of the world, and the flood of Noah together with the others
I will receive the inhabitants of the earth b. These primitive inhabitants, according to the opinion of Camden, to whom
The universe of antiquaries is fubfcribit fanatus, they derived their origin from the son of Gomer born ma¬
on the day of Japheth, who was the eldest son of Noach; whose birthdays are in abundance, while all
other nations of the world varied their names freely at the pleasure of their rulers, and
have clearly changed, the leaves of the Wall tenaciously retain the name of Gomri c . These are the true abori¬
gins, or, I will speak as the filth of the bold pagans, who have not yet developed a code of magic,
The giants of this crowd; by which name, by no means, as the foolish common people think, the giants a
They were called monftruofa in size, fed by the folio in which they were born. For giants
fire yriF^ei; the children of the earth, feu denotes the aborigines, feu, as Caefar. calls, natives, noting
Dodifinno Cajo 4
son of the abbot from And in this fenfu must be understood the words of Diana, which were her oracle to Brutus
He tells about the future of the nation and the faiths of the people

"The Infula in the Ocean once inhabited by the Giants."
Screenshot 2024-07-05 235512.jpg
I. The origin of the language of these Gomeri lusters, and the first of the inhabitants of Noftra
He brought her from the early elders, who was unanimously agreed upon by all
bra That this is true is evident from the Ilijloria of Lewis, the man
In the ancient Hebrews, I learned a great deal from those who were modest, so as to hide everything
to harmonize the voices of the Britons with those of the Hebrews, and to conjure up the foremost of the radical literati
a change in words derived from the Hebrews to the Britons, and to this and that
spend the day with them in the Ufo. Rowland, I hear, confirms this judgment of the illustrious man
We have introduced the knowledge of the Welsh language, if anyone else, who affirms it differently
to give the nation a supply of ancient British words, which relate to rope and fenfu
they have absolutely no affinity or affinity with any other language of the whole world,
be it from the Hebrew, or from any other, as far as the conjecture of Philoglottis may be brought about,
they can be derived. From this we can establish a firm argument for the first inhabitants of this colony
from the Hebrew ftirpe he traced the origin of what Camden * agrees with the inflitutodicant: "Lin-
"Gua is the most certain proof of the origin of nations." She approaches him closely
the opinion of Viti Bafinftochii about the primitive names of the noftra infula ufitatis:
"Fur in that matter," said he, than whom no one was more laudable and greater in illustrating from the origin
He exaggerated the labors of the ancients,
"Anne Pailante, the German, and the King of Hebrew literature, I believed the name in-
"to pretend that the cattle of Perad-cain were eaten by the first Cumers [five Gomris]
"the division of the poffeflion." Or, as in another place 1 speaks in different words, "the name infu-
" lae Perad-cain was given by the division of the continent and the pofleflione feparata."

III. "Besides the language of the first settler of this land,
they received a mere fan and parent of the family. Annius Viter may have this opinion
bienfis m seems to explode, attributing the discovery of letters to Samotha, however dodtif-
this man hallucinated in it, he appears more clearly in the noonday light
nothing is clear Lewis argued in this way n. If Noah and his sons struck the art and
they obtained by means of hieroglyphics, charadteres, and 1 repeats, such as from stone columns and
[tefte Jofepho Hebraea¬
the most expert in antiquities, who a; <pi\aXr l Si'rccl& them at the time K<t\ci yijv rrjv Zipdfr*
extitifle aflirit
the eldest son of Japheth, who was the eldest son of Noach, was so ill in his boyhood
He was so fated that he could not leave the letter of his desire to his heir by right.
The same force of argument may be demonstrated, the first inhabitants of Britain, by the adjunct of Go-
Mere, I had a perfect knowledge of God, as a dodtiflf. Caius p from Gilda and Polydorus
Virgil approves. From then on, even the giants of the aborigines can be easily collected
drink the scent of wisdom, love honesty, and refine letters; and because of that, I became someone
If the trees were planted in the time of the giants, he would say that the matter was not so absurd, but he would use it
That most illustrious man, reciting the smoky cundla, brilliantly concludes s.

IV. The king was the first to set up a tree to teach the Giants in their arts and skills
Samothes, who, proceeding from Armenia through Gaul, landed on the shores of Britain in the year
after the deluge of the sea, near the teftimonium of John the Bale, with the great thefauro monu¬
mentors, especially the ancient priests of the ancient times. Qms here Sa¬
was a movement, he did not agree well among the learned. Most of them want the same thing.
whom the great pages call Meiechus, Gomer's brother and the father of the Gauls, who
They gave the name of Dis ipfi, as it appears in the memoirs of the Gallic war of Caefaris
there are many things which render the truth of this matter invalid; For Vitus Bafinftochius v, whose ju¬
a diction in this type of ftudiorurn will rule everywhere with great authority, some not very low
a strong man brought forth arguments which Samothen Magog, another of Gomer's brothers,
they drive out the coward. And I hear not so long ago the most famous w from the records of British hiflo-
riae learned that that tradition, which affirms the origin of the ancient Gauls from Disos,
Finally, at the time of Brutus, he had risen; which epoch is many centuries more recent than the past
the affairs of Samothae. True, in spite of the difficult enodation of this matter, let me record this

https://www. thehistoryofenglish.com/early-modern-english

I have not found a way to translate perfectly to modern English. I feel like you will understand as much as I will. Please don't reply here. I will continuously add pages to this thread and make a thread for discussion.
DonPowell

Re: Bibliotheca Britannico-Hibernica

Screenshot 2024-07-06 002528.jpg
a man of great courage, whoever he may have been, of the same Hebrew origin as Gomer
He was born in the first place; the force of which argument is great (there it acquires strength, hence
he defined the periods of all time not by the number of days, but by the number of days of birth, and
The beginnings of menfies and years are covered with fic, so that the day of the knot may be fubified, which
Even now the Britons offer a din, and the Dodi gather a fuiffe derived from the Hebrews.
for whom it was desirable that the day should begin from the fall, not from the rising of the leaves;
I have introduced Samothen not well to the faith (Let the tumults of the days contend with thee through knots
and not for days, because it is usually spent in subterranean places, and it is early in the morning
He did not spend it greedily. But let us not dwell on these any longer, this is clearly evident from
with the doubtful teftimony of Berofi* [whose Chaldaic works, under the care of Annius Viterbienfi, two
The great treasure of various antiquities has been brought into the literary world
runt] bringing, that Samothes was called by this name, because in that age there was no one
He existed more than that. To whom it pleases me to add an equal courage of faith, who fub Samothen
Let there be many divers things of the aftres and curfews of the faiths, and the various natures of the lower things, and
and most other things pertaining to moral, political, and economic life
there b. Now that he is the head of the matter, and this hero is applauded and applauded by those who desire it
I will say that he was the first founder of the association of learned men
rum, who would transmit the false precepts of wisdom to a distant age:
With this in view, he formed a college of professors, whom he named Samotheus.
and he reached the height of his glory in the middle of the year at the age of 156, A. M. mcccclvj, and
before Christ's coming into the flesh mmxiv * That with a grateful heart his favors should be worshiped
the rich, gave the name of Samothea to this city c<

V. This college, however, was founded on a public disadvantage, and especially so at that age
enriched with the names of famous forefathers, and not at all with the wishes of a universal race
he took off Their way of life brought about an inescapable obstacle, which made them less efficient

thrice the inhabitants would be propagated or cultivated, of which at that time the greater part was the race
a multitude of men, free and defiled, and how many of them are in the valleys and mountains
the difperfi led a ruftic life. Samothes fenfu is the remedy for this inconvenience
He was preparing for this evil, but in death he was unable to carry out what was foreseen
He rolled the shoulders of the son and fucceffor I was the Magi, who was beyond doubt a man of great skill
ty, to whom God had given all that was necessary to accomplish things. This is divine
He was adorned with fine gifts, and in the leaf of the kingdom he was fit;
beasts should enter into a more humane and more vigorous way of life} and in this argument
for so long he continued until he forced them by a certain force of speech into one place and gathered together
he gave, and was satisfied with the rich dominions and borders of the fields, and contributed to the buildings
He greatly honored the human heart. Sammefius the memory of this prince
he hurled foul insults, calling him by his naked name a man of the art of magic which
most devoted'; Ignorant (which confuses the learned) the name Magus is not a sorcerer
tare, fed rather to him who has a more penitent knowledge of natural philosophy.
Wherefore Baleus, who in this kind of skill did not deceive Sammefius, made a scythe
he quipped, affirming conftantly 1 The most skilled magician among phyphics and aphtronomics, and true
I was a faithful worshiper of religion.
Ife there is no doubt that the Britannics had a better knowledge of natural philosophy
tion The word Magus therefore in no way denotes a necromantic man: and fi Sam-
tnefius accurately confluilfet the prototype of the year m
he will not fail to impute to an arrogant and daring robber) he will easily notice the Magus in
in this place fynonymically signify the domijicator and the roofer; which epithets are equally right
To this prince are to be attributed the many cities and towns here and on the continent
founded, in memory of which most of their names are termed magus or magician
nant

6. After the inhabitants had been thus brought back within the bars of the fort, S arro¬
sus son and fuccefor Magi having letters from ipfa childhood in fumish delights, in mind
he rolled on the meadow where the ferocity of the men who were still living in the cities would make me angry, and
and he spends not a great deal of time in taking refuge or he knew the letters of all the foundations of the weak virtues, such as continence, moderation
the great gifts of faith, vigilance, and patience, which are universal when they are tender in their confusion
when they have come of age, all the duties of life afterwards become fit, as Eumenius elegantly says
notes, Aduberri judged the method of obtaining this propofite to be weak, the arts and
to instill a public interest in literature, in which the grandfather shone the torch with his laudable efforts.
At the end of this matter a certain kind of philophores, debating about divine things,
whom they call from their name Sarronidas. It seems to him that he is in harmony with the truth
philosophers in the academy of Salilburienfi affignavifle the faith, than the city, as most of them do
they affirm the tiquitatum ftudiofl r , founded by the fuis fuptibus by the name of fuocohonellavit, calling
Sarrone her. Aft wherever their dwellings were extruding, it is certain that all of them were
let the monuments be destroyed, and nothing of the inflow of these philophophores be fuperefle, with the snow
Loving Zizixeus, the prodigal seeker of hidden things, let us imagine that perhaps also
today among Paris those who give attention to the theological matter of the Sorbonne, by a corrupt term,
which Sarronicivel are called Sarronidae.

VII. And among all the virtues of this prince, with whom I have been and will be
he flourished and adorned, and at the founding of the college the palmary Druids took their place.
You are famous throughout the world for these praises of divine and human skills
Sarronus the son of Sarron and the fucceflorus dryus, who is a wise father
He was not the greatest of the great masters of literature and doctrine. Or
these things were done to the heart of King Sarron's name, and the name of the Druids, or was it not
He became famous because Dryus, occupying the leaf of the kingdom, increased the college and litigated places for the Druids
suitable for the exposition of the ris, and the advantages of the exercise of the disciplines he gave, the fubminiftrats in
I cannot affirm with certainty, with every kind of riches of things, by which they lived:
and this truly royal liberality of the fate of the Druids made a fool of the argument of the Druids
it is given to consign the name of the ancient Maecenas to oblivion, and to replace it with another.
Moreover, it is clear from the testimony of the most diligent antiquities explorer Talipedis, that
The Samotheans, for no other reason than that they learned the art of divination from Dryo,
after changing the name of the Druids, they were called fint. This was done by the learned and industrious Bulaeus x inno-
If he is afraid, he will not fail to argue or argue why almost nothing of the Samotheans among the feri-
Latin or Greek poets are repaid; because he quickly became one body with the Druid
they were fused together;

VIII. The illustrious Druids are buried among the venerable monuments of antiquity from around the world
a literati fepofita, a potter's scullery, he is fain to make a jaftura of time; therefore, I am afraid
of the Oxfordian antiquary, whose faith was proved by the audority of the public academy
content, the extent and dignity of the doctrine and skills cultivated by the Druids
I had built a rum. "Here," said that hero, "astronomy, cofmography, geometry,
"metaphytical and phylological; political ethics, jurisprudence, and the-
"ology," they professed, "as is now being done in the academies of our time." And
"which gives rise to their great honor, it was almost the same as that which is now regarded as the Ftudians."
" reason; as may be a wild and prolonged infiltration of the examination of candidates for the degrees of pro-
lt they were moving: for they continued in the dicipline for the whole of twenty years, which is almost a period of time

it is still required with us to give/receive."

9 From what has been brought forward, it is evidently clear, the liberal skills of the priests at the time
confcendifle to such a height of treachery, as the fudges of a poorer age
they would not be able to make use of it, or to make universal arts more commendable to lust. And
what wonder? For there is nothing to make an encyclopaedia but a poet and a muffler.
was trusted, whose allurements precepts of feverish disciplines and doctrines
They want to be made more popular with Diophes. The bard, son and fucceflor of Dryus, supported this fated man.
who taught the art of songs to his disciples, and
that they might exercise the same in the universities of the studies a . And first of all. "from his impotence
"The Druids began to do what Caefar would do to make them fools, of course those who
"many were either fua fponte, or by relatives and parents
"they agreed to build a great number of spring flowers"; with which the Druids
In the fuccefiii period they acquired such a celebrity in the composition of their poems, that a

----

Another sites translation. It has too many errors, but it says some interesting things.
Screenshot 2024-07-06 004031.jpg
a man of great audacity, who was also the same as Gomer The Hebrew
ftirpe progenitum effe; whose theme you want a great (there to provide the strength, then that
he defined the fpatia all the time, not the number of days he fed the node, defeque birthdays, and
menfius and the beginnings of the years he presented fic, so that the node fubfequated the day, rather than the conquest-
They also currently offer The british x, and the dods confess that it was derived from the hebrews fuiffe,
it was the day when the custom of occapu was not rising from the foliage and the day began to begin i liz, where supported by The pre --
faithfulnessgodgod is faithfulgod's promisesgreat is Thy faithfulnessgreat is Your faithfulnessgreat is Your faithfulnesspromises
and not for days, because the subterranean areas are mostly swept, and the forfan is dawn
eagerly expedited. Not to mention his immortality, perfpically this appears from the
testimony of Berofi* [whose works Chaldaica, Caring For The year Viterbienfi, two
elaphis fecules enormous of various antiquities intule the chambers into a literary world
mount] bearing That samothes was called this name because she was of no age
that gracefully exuded. Who would you like to hear from, samothen fub-
the riches of fuos are multiples of africans and faiths of the curfus, of the lower nature of various things, and
other factors most related to moral, political, and economic life edocuffe tefta-
by b. Now that he is the head of the episode eft, this hero encomiis plaujibufque pofterorum
how highly recommended, eloquently, he was the first founder of the fetus scholars man
rum, which would transmit the fake science rules to a remote smoke age:
In view of the facer-professor's college, which Samotheos named 0 ,
and the fic in the south of glory reached the setting at the age of 1 56 exado, A. M. mccarthy, and
Before Christ's arrival in the flesh 2014. To gratefully bless his beloved jub-
riches, the Name of samothea attributed to this headband c<

V. Ho c college was a disadvantage to the public, and most of that age
of the famous professors enriched with the names, vows of the ufuique universal nation by no means
ceffit. Their lifestyle brought an inescapable barrier, preventing the less fcience in
it's a great way to expand the world, a bigger breed.
men's agrefte, free, and folate f, and many of them in the fylvis and mountains
differfi spent a reddish life. Samothe fenfu shook this embarrassing remedy
he is evil, but he is not willing to execute the anticipated death. the fake lie in
the shoulders of the son and the fucceffori Wizard who was undoubtedly a great fap-
God has given you all the things that you need. This divine
it was decorated with endowments and was established on the leaf of the kingdom, was audor to the fubdites, such as fepofita
wild lifestyle more manfuetian} in this argument
it was so long, until he forced them to speak a certain force into one place and congress
it is a tribute to the ownership of the lands and territories of the pofitis, and the building of the boundaries of the pofitis
human fostering has cohonefacted a lot h . Sammefius the memory of this prince
he shamefully scolded the insult, calling him a man of naked magic than art
most devoted'; ignorant (and disciplined) Wizard wizard no wizard deno
tare, but rather the person who has penetrated the natural knowledge of philofophia is conveyed to him .
Cuff Of Bailey who in this type of science has not been ruined By Sammefius fi, we say ...
shakes, confteringly affirms the 1st most verfatist Wizard in phyfic and aftronomic, and true
religious dresser fuiffe: all this and this Nofus docu nofus wizard-
iffe Brytannos no doubt cft, since natural philosophy has had a deeper cognition
tion. The Wizard's Voice, therefore, is in no way an indicator of a necromantic man: sam and fi-
tnefius accuracy refuilfet prototype fumes gears m (which are more aggressive than other charges
arrogant and courageous feriptor to blame) easily noticed By The Wizard in
in this context, fynonymically refer to the domijicator and the roofer, which is the epithet of the equifimo right
this principle is attributed to the fact that there are many cities and towns here and on the continent
the king, in whose memory most of the earunr names in the wizard or wizard of termi
nant.

VI. After that, the inhabitants will only be reused within the lattice effentet, s arro
the son of pig and fucceffor, the Magi, having letters from the very childhood in the fumes of delights, mind
roll the po which is still in the cities of the recent inhabitants of the heroes i'll beat you, ac
"the continental office"; and there was a lot of confusion in the confusion. Proof after all, he knew the basics of all efle virtues, such as continence, mode-
ftia, vigilance, patience magiftras, the univerfa in the tender confusion
with age they come, all forward life responsibilities recovered, use Eumenius°neatly to-
he notes that we Should obtain The Most Abundant ad hoc proposal judging the efle method, trades and
public literature study p, in which the grandfather lined the torch with praiseworthy attempts.
The genus of the philofophores dedicated a certain caufa to the divine affairs,
they are named After Sarronidass. The real confcntane i think he's his
the academy of salilburienfi affignavifle, which most people use as an
fudjofl claim that r , fuocohonellated the founding name by calling
it's Sarrona. Aft wherever their homes were extruded, it's definitely all of them
monuments lost efle, and nothing about the inflation of these fuperefle philofophores, nifi with
Loving Zizixeus % folerti, a revolutionary researcher, fetatuamus fortuatus
Today in Paris these Are Those who give The Theological attention To The Sorbonne, with a corrupt vocabulary,
quafl sarronicivel sarronidae.

VII. Among all the virtues of this prince, the fumes of the future-
blooming and elegant, the inftitious College of faceted Druids occupies a masterpiece position.
His encomios of divine and human sciences are famous throughout the world
sarronus the son of fucceflor Smoke dryes, who poft father pruden-
tiffany dodtif is not a great end to literature and the profit of the dodtrin was f . The car
these facets of fieetasiuflu king Sarroni's Name is druids, or if that doesn't
my name is quadryus, occupied by the kingdom folio, college increased druids and lite destinations
righteousness, righteousness, and righteousness, fubminiftratis
all kinds of resources are alive in which u cannot affirm for certain: Unlimited events
and really this liberal Dryi fate fupped the argument of the solid Druids vi
i have forgotten the name of the first Time i have forgotten the name of the fugitive on this site.
In addition, from the testimony of the diligent antiquities of the tractor Talipedis w, it is clear that
Samotheus had no other reason to queftuofa than the fact that they learned the art of guessing from The Dryo,
druids are named after fint. This Is a wi-fi trainer and an x-inno bulletin-
i swear to god, i have no clue what the hell is going on here-
Latin port or Greek repeated, because it fits so quickly into the body together with The Drui
bodybuilding;

VIII. Remarkable druids among the adorable ancient monuments from the world
literate fepofita, pottery, jaftura time to make eflet; teftimo
Nio Oxonienfis antiquarius, whose faith was endorsed by the public academy of the potter's audlority,
content, amplitude and prestige of doctrine and sciences developed by Druids
rum is broken. "Hi," says the he-y hero, aftronomy, cofmography, geometry,
"metaphyflology and phyflology; inferior political ethics, jurisprudence, and the ... -
"ologia, they were volunteering, just like in the noftro academies now a matter of time. Et al
"because of their great honor, it was almost the same, which is now considered a studio
system: utfcil. poft wild and long inflation, and examination of candidates for the degree of-
lt staggered: for the whole twenty years of training, it was almost time

we are still required to do/lorate with us.”

IX. From what has been cited as a steal, it is evidently clear that the liberal faciences of the former tempo
only to confcendifle at the summit of perfedifle, such as the feverish faftig
it's a fucking stupid fucking thing to start with. Et al
what a surprise ! There is nothing to do with drawing up an encyclopedia other than poefin, and mufam,
defiant, whose attractions feverish rules disciplines and doctrines ftu-
diofis graciora reddi poflent. Bardus, son and fucceflor Dryi,
the discovery of songs and the famous mufa z that taught the art of songs to students, and swiffed
in order to practice the same in the univerfities of the studio as in a . And printing. his former employer
"Druids began to do what will hit them With Caefar leaflets, namely those who
"many either fponte fua, or relatives of the miffi discipline caufa at The Druids
“ assemble, build a large number of leaf spring fumes b " - fado Druids
fuccefiii of the time acquired so much celebrity in framing spells of fibi, as a

trade.jpg
Quite an interesting picture that has since been removed from it's source
DonPowell

Screenshot 2024-07-06 010205.jpg
Some scribes may come under the name of Bards: what a title the dignified yet learned
To these men the folly was bestowed by this king, who, bringing Baleo d, the poet
they were there, and they celebrated the fables of famous men with heroic strums, and dulcimer lyres
they sang melodies to cheer up the spirits of the men at banquets. To these from Sammefius 6 ad¬
It must be said that heraldic experts spend a lot of time compiling genealogies
they fit Whence from the exercises of diversities arose the different kinds of Bards, which
ad amuffim doda are presented by hand by Jonefius in the refponfis fuis ad Tatefius qeftiones f
about this matter. At first they were sent to Giraldus Cambrenfem 8 to relieve them
and it was instilled in the softening of the hearts of the hearers
he deviated from the rules, and provided an anfam to the disastrous regime of the Samothean viceroyalty, of which
just below In the meantime it must be noted that, in carrying out the king's orders, the Bard had a gymnasium
the public bant, in which especially the fame of composing poems
especially in the times of the Urats, they converged, whence that skill was so highly cultivated, that from
In those times the composition of poems was astonishing, as Joannes Prifaeus h notes, femper
let the Britons worship, and on this day and every day, referring to Leland,
liquefies, let them have some mufics, whom they call the Bards of their country Fermon.

X. In this way the arts and crafts introduced into Samothea were cultivated and perfected.
until these infulas, wrested from the hands of Japheth's poftcros, under the rule of the grandson of Ham
k would be thrown That miracle of public affairs was overthrown by the intemperance of the citizens
such has arisen, whose morals have been corrupted and their minds weakened by the impulse of the muffled devotees of Bar¬
for they were an example of the zeal of the citizens of the ancient prophytes of Digrefi
they provided a plum, with which men forgot their labors, on the one hand, with pleasures and pleasures
they indulged in the ways, but on the other side they either saw the bullet, or, where there was nothing to eat,
they were consumed by hunger. No one, therefore, will be able to remain stunned, because the nation is scattered and ardent
rum, which will prefcribe the lapidity, neglecting the teachers, easily with the bold weapons of any one bel¬
the party will be attacked. Therefore, A. M. mmccxix Albion invaded Samothea, under the command of Samo-
the theanus, which lasted for about three days, put an end to it, and so that, as far as possible, I
to expunge his death, he called Albionia m.

XI. This victor and his fubditian, who came from Phoenicia, were really giants, tall in body
as Sammefius n rede speaks, but with the better of the Sacred Scriptures
with the audacity of the ptura, which the giants once had among the Phoenicians
he goes, extitifie tradits j as Sheringham 0 brings eruditely. Hence also the poet p, who Epi¬
he published a tome of Britannica higioria, he will strike a fic about the Albionic giants:

"The earth was wild and pleasant, it had the name of a god
“Albion, the native, was full of giants.

It may be permitted me here to point out, in passing, that Sammefius, who was quoted in the first place,
fet, he must renounce the opinion of Bochart, the voice of Bratanac (as against all AI-
bionic hiftoria the faith of the captives by the Phoenician giants infusate to this effete
fupponit) interpreting not the region of the Ftans, fed the land of the giants or the sons of Ana-
ci for it is verifiable that these Phoenicians, whom neceffitas forced here to fix their faith, such a name
I was the father of Anacus
by which they would render the memory of his most famous poverty. But what is the value of the metal?
of this ftanni, which, as the Dodi well know, is not peculiar to the infula noftra
did they derive their name from that time ago?

XII. I do not recall whether the Hiftoricians deliver these to the Phoenicians (as fathers and

clefiae bring') tijV o^iv £ giants fuiffe ; but I know them well

Contaminated by the defilements of my manners, I extirpated myself from singing to Caradocus
poet of the time, they were men of hideous cruelty, violent, savage, atheistic, inhuman;
of which Baleus w very well observes, that he was a fub of the oppressing tyrants of Chamefeni
nis fuccefiit time was completely iron, impure, and impure. I will do this to the people
It is not difficult to predict that the government will hold liberal skills and polite letters everywhere
you are living in a deficated state; The Druids were stripped of their feathers to the fpelunca, and the Luftrifque hid in private, and a
removed from the common foot, in the fields of the frondofisbori* a few
Screenshot 2024-07-06 010321.jpg
Useless ferns, fuas guitars, poets and mufficas already spread and smelled of fufu
fu (hang, cry. Whom the true idea of ​​science and art has been uprooted by these giants
it will be fuift, nifi merchants exifting, impetuously driven to their own advantage
they devoted their attention to the manufacture of ships and ships, but in a different way from the Samotheans.
(use to believe that the hypothesis is correct, because Albion, affirming Baleo r, was the first in Britain to teach
ifle is believed to be the skill of the latter, and of boats of a different kind.

XIII Under the rule of this giant merchant
he groaned under his oppressor, until divine providence shunned the noble Brutus, who gen¬
He redeemed me from this sausage of barbarity and vice. This man of great name
fruitful more accurate chronology fyftemata 1 A. M. mmdccclv, to the shores of noftra appu¬
lit., and freeing the power of Japheth from the tyranny of the Chamephenes, all of whom he inter¬
He destroyed the Infula, or drove the Infula far away*, almost for a decade, he reached the whole of the Infula
government b. After changing the name of Albion to the name of Britannia,
which he called the Brytons; which names remain to this day and to this day, and pass away next to it
the intention of Brutus to the end of the starch will last;
nicae refers to c , from the derivation of the name to have a fempiternal memory. I want everything
He moved the stone, the exiles to restore the skills of the priest to the glory, and to the early dignity
and raise the glory Brutus gave this to the effedtius very willingly, and praised the fucceflores
The example of the latter was so faithfully imitated, that it may be confidently affirmed, during the Britan¬
in our period (which from his to the kingdom of Cafwalloni, when the army of the Romans, under the leadership
If he were to invade this infare, he would be completed in the last mc years)
The kinds of arts are not highly exeruiffed by the heads of cattle, fed to so much even, at the very bottom,
I have reached the height of perfidy, as much as ever during the Samothean period
to others they excelled. And that this is not said at random, will be clearly evident from the fubfe-
in the following history of schools and academies founded at that time, out of a huge number, who
At that age they flourished, in the number of the learned, and from the fame of the skill which they had taken in
They have left a most commendable scent of lust;
venerable monuments of old age, which escaped the hands of Polydorus Virgil,
I deduced (whom, lest at any time errors should be understood, the reputation was perpetuated, and even cognised
and it is certain that it was discovered that so many hiftoria noftras had been destroyed and destroyed by the monstrous
commended to the fire, that he could not even catch and suffocate a sledgehammer, which from cla-
The most famous British antiquities are deservedly held in high esteem. Ante¬
but before I set out to weave that history, I drew forth a few things of the divine
Of the brute character, and of the fumes of the merits of all the men, who were to refute the letters to the hero
To him they offered helping hands to bring him forward in the middle.

XIV. He was a brute, a man of good faith, and a disciple first of all among the Greeks
Plufquam a moderate dodlum
mentally strengthened, they evict. On account of this the impressive name of his philophophos is famous
men of great literature "from Greece and Italy to make the fires of the journeys, or of the Trojans."
the principal teachers of the magiftroset disciplines and arts of fecundity in Albion
h could invite Of these claffe was Dares Phrygius of the hiftoric gentiles
the most ancient, from whose works the conquerors of Britain made the rules of the redel
They brought out the hiftoria. But Gerion, the soothsayer, and Corinius snatched the palm away from him
the giant occifor, of which the chronicler Harding sings:

“By him Gogmagog of Geants kyng
“In wreftlyng had a fowll endyng.

Both these Brutus were of the Confilii, and the first of them, Tefte Baleo, in all the Greeks
We have pre-eminently trained the children of princes in manners and skills. But faith
it is up to the author, for I never happened to see or read those two books,
which Gerion, having learned from Antonius Woodus, 1
On ajlronomi another. Another name is no less obscurely derived from Harding
rhythms:

"A great clerk com with him [Brutus] alfo,

"The whyche was callyd Corineus tho
DonPowell

Screenshot 2024-07-06 010627.jpg

Whereupon the voice of the cleric, noting Thomas Hearnius m
He pretends to be educated. And in that kind of skill he was as much ahead of others as possible
with the most ignorant, you would like to add to their number the athletic skill of men,
in which the giants have experienced not only a great power but also a greater evil, in
with which he also brilliantly attacked the king's nephew Mactam, to use the words of Galfrid Monumetenlis"
It is clear that he [Madan], having been handed over to his grandfather Corinius, was more difficult to document.

15 With the help of these confidants, I was indulged in wit, and Brutus was encouraged to philosophize
to raise their hand to the work, who opened two fords, one of which the Greeks poured out
at Graecohdam (h< die Cricklade in Wiltonia) and there he taught the Greek language
run The Latins, however, found another place at Latinelade (in Lechlade, in the county of Gloucester
ftrenfi) teaching the Latin language there, as Joannes Bromtonus refers to the great audfori
a historian of the state, who, in the time of King Richard I, lived as an annotator of the Oxfordian antiquary p.
Whose tcfiimonio adds greater strength to that venerable monument of antiquity, procu¬
of the authors in the book, which the religious academy of Italy is fervent, commonly called Hiftorio
la Qxonicnjh. It is worthy of note that some of the more recent writers on the foundation
fchola Leclitadenlis reciprocated the sword of contention (of Crickladenfi all unanimous
with the erudite Twin 5 confenfu adftruunt, which is the origin of the fate of the Graecoladenfiunv fcholars
iit perfpicua) and that at last the arrival of the Saxons was based on the fact that they Origin
that error emanated from the authority of John Roufaei Warwicenfis, the antiquary, who differed
He said, 1 in support of the learned men who had come from Greece with Brutus, some
be the physicians, who were among them experts, to whom they appropriated a suitable place, and be you
ialubrem, which is still called Lechlad by the doctors. Aft too abnormal these things
is a confusion of time: for any one with a knowledge of the Saxon language, or a moderate
given that the earlier part of the word Lechlade was derived from the Saxon Lecch to signify Medicus
he knows but no one can even think of the Saxons when
Brutus came into Arglia: how, then, was the town founded in the time of Brutus under a Saxon name
can it be called And this lapfus is worthy of judgment or memory in RofTo, who,
according to the opinion of Leland, he was a man of greater diligence than of judgment; which, be convenient
If you reflect on what the antiquarians have perceived from his clothing, I do not want to inflict such insults.
so that I may say with Caius, "Indeed, surely a young man should be the most important of the victims." As
I will say that the matter is, he gave a fatedus to the divers idioms of the British language
Roufaeus, or the early prototype of the author, was to reproduce this etymology; for either
If he is slightly affected by any of them, he can be easily laughed at, what he does is Greek
a Latin-British name in fe, as the doftiffimus Twynus * annotated; so Latinolada
it is also a Latin-British name; whence Lathelade and Lechlade ab-
and it was formed by any means of the Saxon language.

16 In these above-mentioned schools the British language is best cultivated
took the increase. Above I have touched upon a few, by which means Hebrew names were translated into the British language
tanners have been introduced; and from these things which have just been taught, he makes clear how
Greek and Latin were introduced, and such an incredible amount of these languages ​​into British
having been co-opted, such as Giraldus Cambrenfis, who had no knowledge of the Hebrew language
He seems to have been introduced, having once covered almost all the words of the British language or Greek
co convenunt or Latino But the Latin language was found to be much superior to the erudite
his editor Powelus, saying: "The British language has fewer words than the Greeks,
"but they were received by the Latins." Here also some of the more recent antiquarian Morofe
they contend with the truth of British history, affirming that the Latin words were first derived from Rome
be brought into the British language. To them as some argument refponfi instead
reign, it pleases me to quote the words of Sir Dodtiffim Sheringbam, the opinion of the fub&i judgement
of the antiquarians, who, in perverting the monuments of ancient Britain, and the truth here
and the nature of the production of things, they have successfully explained in this manner
spinning Those antiquarians say, Aeneas, when you were in the midst of the Latiums, fought with the Latins
"come together into one nation; hence from the mixture of the peoples and the language of both
"a famous language, especially the language of the Trojans" (which, in the best of this matter
judge Galfrid Monumetenfi *, was called the crooked Greek) "imminent, because Tro-
[/size]
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

What exactly is this? I'm a bit lost.
DonPowell

simply. from me. it is a book that tells the true history of England and Wales. Irish and Scottish are not highlighted as much references say. It says it is an encyclopedia of british authors. I do not believe that is its intent.

This is written in latin. The author's original copy was sunk in a Norwich river before completion along with his 300 book library. It was his life work and was completed by a confident friend.

The amount of truth to that I do not know. the only proof of sincerity is to translate his preface and prologue and his confession to be honest.

It is vast. It speaks of the Britons being the original people. I speaks of their history destroyed. It speaks of single members of church confidentially handing down the truth of Briton and Jesus Christ. It speaks of English being the true language of the ages and Caesars disgust with the Britons and deleting their history. It spells out how language and religious changes were systematically implemented to destroy the truth of the Britons and their long history. It talks of Latin, Greek and cuneiform being nothing but a lie that it was first and better. It says that English Holy men hid the knowledge and passed it. At one point they beginning to pass places and dates with hidden code.

I have found dates that have checked out
IT is fascinating and backed up only by the authors forewords and confession that they have tried with all their good to put his book back together do to his genuine 40 years of work.
Could be trash. I can't find a single translated copy. I can't find one source that says the things I have said. But they are there. A simple Google translate. page by page or to your abilities.
Besides napoleon wilson's work, this is the most interesting thing I know about.

The English in 1700s used f's for s. By 1700's Latin began to be less strict. It translates well. but not perfect. In lesser know ranslators it becomes strange and interesting. I got "wi-fi" with the hyphon multiple times. " other times I got " mother fucker"

Google translate was decent and that is what you see here.
DonPowell

rachel this is not aimed at youR. inspired by youR question. I have been reading magazines from 1750 and czech books translated from 1600s. I am not smart but it starts to look readable. I see it is a mess when looked at

THIS IS TRANSLATED FROM ENGLISH AUTHOR LATIN TO ENGLISH. PRINTED 1700S ENGLISH USED F'S FOR S' IN MANY PLACES. IT LOOKS LIKE A MESS AND BECOMES EASIER TO READ.