Giuseppe Belluzzo (Legnago, 25 November 1876 - Rome, 21 May 1952) was an Italian engineer, politician and academic, who held the role of Minister of National Economy between 1925 and 1928 and of Minister of National Education between 1928 and 1929 in the Mussolini government.
He was an expert in the field of steam turbine design, for which he wrote at least fifty publications, many of which are still highly authoritative. The most celebrated of these writings is undoubtedly Le turbine a vapore, which soon became a highly appreciated teaching tool at the prestigious Milan Polytechnic, after being published in 1905 by the Hoepli publishing house.
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_BelluzzoFreemason, a member of the Grand Orient of Italy, and one of the founders of the Rotary Club of Milan, in 1934 he was appointed Senator of the Kingdom of Italy. In 1944, following the liberation of Milan, Belluzzo was arrested by the National Liberation Committee, later he became a collaborator for numerous magazines for which he published several articles of an economic nature.
On March 24, 1950, the newspaper Il Giornale d'Italia published an article entitled "I dischi volanti furono ideati nel 1942 in Italia e in Germania", in which Belluzzo claimed to have personally participated in the development of the flying disc, beginning in 1942.
The magazine "Der Spiegel" in the issue of March 30, 1950 reported an interview given by Schriever who stated that, near Prague, in the early 1940s there was a BMW factory that produced some of the aircraft known as "dischi volanti" . In this plant worked scientists such as Klaus Habermohl, the Italian engineer Giuseppe Belluzzo and Walther Miete (who had been part of the V2 project, but who then worked on disc projects) who followed Schriever's studies on a prototype of circular wing.
THE FLYING DISCS
were conceived in 1942
IN ITALY AND GERMANY
Mussolini and Hitler took an interest in it - today some great power is using the weapon for research purposes
Today the world is shocked by the news of the existence of the so-called flying discs, which, according to some opinions, struck the imagination of those who, not knowing about the progress and new possibilities of this technology, questioned the possible existence of these new weapons of destruction
The real truth is that these instruments of destruction can be built and made to function, and that already in 1942 some prototypes had been studied and designed in Germany and Italy in order to provide the homeland with a formidable tool for victory in war. Victory that would have been achieved if the morality and competence of some men who are popular today had been different.
But let's go back, it is appropriate to write it, as a bomb, since the new war instruments could then carry, without danger for drivers who were not necessary, loads of explosives of all kinds and weights, and today atomic bombs capable of destroying entire cities, even with ten kilometers in diameter.
THE SCHEME OF THE DISC DESIGNED IN ITALY
The principle of the flying disc is simple, and it is very easy to build with very light metals. The attached figure clearly illustrates the plan layout. On the surface of the metal disk Z, which can have up to ten meters in diameter (the thirty meters mentioned in some newspapers is the result of agitated imagination), two ducts A and B are shown on the periphery, and symmetrically with respect to the axis of the disk, each occupying an arc of 180 ° above or below the disc itself. Two channels A and B, I repeat, symmetrically located relative to the axis of the disk, have a cross-section varying from minimum to maximum; a and b respectively denote the inlet sections through which outside air enters in a minute at a speed of about 400 meters per second, such is the peripheral speed of rotation of the disk during operation.
Due to the gradual increase in section of ducts A and B, the speed of the air gradually transforms into pressure until it reaches its maximum value in the maximum section of the ducts, respectively in 1 and 2.
As a result of this transformation of the velocity into pressure in ground operation, a pressure of 2, 4 kilograms per square centimeter is reached, and at height of five thousand meters a pressure of 1.5 kilograms.
In the maximum section of channels A and B, that is, in parts 1 and 2 of the figure, pulverized naphtha is injected and ignited. Naphtha is injected in such a quantity as to give the air a temperature sufficient to realize in a minute a speed of about 700 meters per second at the exit from channels A and B, a speed that, as a result of the reaction, causes the periphery to rotate at a very high speed, about 400 meters per second. the flying disc at the same time, due to the studied slope of the outlets c and d of channels A and B, generates an upward thrust in such a way that it provokes an upward movement of the rotating disc, which, thus, moves along a cylindrical spiral, moving in space with high speed.
The injection of the naphtha in the maximum section of the ducts A and B takes place due to the centrifugal force to which the fuel is subjected, due to the rotation of the disc, in the annular duct connected to the same disc that contains it. This annular duct in the attached figure is indicated with M and with e and f the injectors which communicate with the fuel tank are schematically indicated.
The flying disc starts from the ground with the rapid ignition and combustion of a cartridge similar, except for the larger dimensions, to the one that causes the torpedoes to start in the marina, cartridge placed in the exhaust sections of the two pipes A and B. The combustion of the cartridge causes the initial rotational motion and raising of the flying disc and the start of operation of the A and B ducts.
Flying discs must carry fuel and batteries outside the channels that cause their movement in order to ignite the naphtha in the maximum section of the A and B ducts, and, finally, an atomic bomb, which is planned to be detonated when the flying disc, having exhausted its supply of naphtha, very quickly returns to ground by gravity.
Obviously, the naphtha load and the weight of the bomb are in proportion to the surface of the flying disc or the square of its diameter: hence the tendency to bring the value of this diameter to the maximum possible compatibly with the construction requirements which are practically not few. nor simple also because the problem of minimizing the resistance of the flying disc to rotation and movement is fundamental.
The idea of the flying disc was also born in Italy, at the same time as Germany, and the two heads of the government of the time were interested in it, when in Italy the studies on internal combustion turbines and the turbo reactor for aircraft were completed; therefore nothing supernatural or Martian, but simply a rational use of the most advanced and recent technique.
Indeed, reflecting on what has happened in the past, the idea crossed my mind that some great power is for now addressing, for study purposes, flying discs without explosives or atomic bombs.
The people who today are at the head of nations, faced with the new tragic prospects of modern war, should they try to understand each other in every possible way, so as not to plunge their peoples into the greatest misfortunes, remembering that today distances are no longer an effective defense, how in the past, is it?
Engineer Giuseppe Belluzzo
https://web.archive.org/web/20201117004 ... 015471.pdfCENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
REPORT NO. OO-W-27452
INFORMATION FROM FOREIGN DOCUMENTS OR RADIO BROADCASTS
COUNTRY: Germany, USSR, French Equatorial Africa, Syria, Iran
DATE OF INFORMATION: 1952-1953
SUBJECT: Military - Unconventional aircraft
HOW PUBLISHED: Daily, thrice-weekly newspapers
WHERE PUBLISHED: Athens, Brazzaville, Tehran
DATE PUBLISHED: 11 Mar - 20 May 1953
LANGUAGE: Greek, French, Persian
SOURCE: Newspapers as indicated
THIS IS UNEVALUATED INFORMATION
ENGINEER CLAIMS "SAUCER" PLANS ARE IN SOVIET HANDS; SIGHTINGS IN AFRICA, IRAN, SYRIA
GERMAN ENGINEER STATES SOVIETS SAVE GERMAN FLYING SAUCER EXPERTS AND PLANS -- Athens, I Vradyni, 13 May 53
Vienna (Special Service) -- According to recent reports from Toronto, a number of Canadian Air Force engineers are engaged in the construction of a "flying saucer" to be used as a future weapon of war. The work of these engineers is being carried out in great secrecy at the A. B. Roe Company [transliteration from the Greek] factories.
"Flying saucers" have been known to be an actuality since the possibility of their construction was proven in plans drawn up bv German engineers toward the end of World War II.
Georg Klein, a German engineer, stated recently that though many people believe the "flying saucers" to be a postwar development, they were actually in the planning stage in German aircraft factories as early as 1941.
Klein said that he was an engineer in the Ministry of Speer [probably refers to Albert Speer, who, in 1942, was Minister for Armament and Ammunition for the Third Reich] and was present in Prague on 14 February 1945, at the first experlmental flight of a "flying saucer."
During the experiment, Klein reported, the "flying saucer" reached an altitude of 12,400 meters within 3 minutes and a speed of 2,200 kilometers per hour. Klein emphasized that in accordance with German plans, the speed of these "saucers" would reach 4,000 kilometers per hour. One difficulty, according to Klein, was the problem of obtaining the materials to be used for the construction of the "saucers," but even this had been solved by German engineers toward the end of 1945, and construction on the objects was scheduled to begin, Klein added.
Klein vent on to state that three experimental models had been readied for tests by the end of 1944 [sic], built according to two completely different principles of aerodynamics. One type actually had the shape of a disc, with an interior cabin, and was built at the Mite [unidentified; transliteration from the Greek] factories, which had also built the V2 rockets. This model was 42 meters in diameter. The other model had the shape of a ring, with raised sides and a spherically shaped pilot's cabin placed on the outside, in the center of the ring. This model was built at the Habermol and Schreiver factories [unidentified; both names transliterated from the Greek].
Both models had the ability to take off vertically and to land in an extremely restricted area, like helicopters.
During the last few days of the war, when every hope for German victory had been abandoned, the engineers in the group stationed in Prague carried out orders to destroy completely all their plans on their model before the Soviet forces arrived. The engineers at the Mite factories in Breslau, however, were not warned in sufficient time of the Soviet approach, and the Soviets, therefore, succeeded in seizing their material. Plans, as well as specialized personnel, were immediately sent directly to the Sovet Union under heavy guard, coincidental with the departure from Berlin of the creator of the Stuka, [JU-87 dive bomber], wbo later developed the MIG 13 and 15 in the Soviet Union.
According to the report, nothing is known of the whereabouts of Hambermol since his disappearance from Prague; Schreiver died recently in Bremen; and Mite, who escaped in a Meesserschmitt 163, is in the US.
Klein was of the opinion that the "saucers" are at present being constructed in accordance with German technical principles and expressed the belief that they will constitute sericus competition to Jet-propelled airplanes.
Klein further stated that it was very possible to construct "flying saucers" for civilian air travel; that they could carry 30-40 passengers at a speed of 4,000 kilometers per hour. He added, however, that the tremendous amount of materiel necessary for their construction did not warrant their being built exclusively for civilian air travel. His opinion was shared, he stated, by Giuseppe Belluzzo, the Italian specialist with whom Klein has been corresponding for some time.
DELAYED REPORT ON FOUR "SAUCERS" SEEN IN UBANGI-SHARI -- Brazzaville, France-Equateur, 11 Mar 53
The Meteorological Service of French Equatorial Africa has authorized this newspaper to publish today the following account about four "flying saucers" seen on 22 November 1952 over Bocaranga, Ubangi-Shari.
At approximately 2200 hours, Father Carlos Maria, (a Capuchin missionary), Lasimone, his companion, and four other persons were driving on the road to Bocaranga, when they suddenly noticed a large disc traveling overhead in the same direction as they. Lasimone extinguished the car's lights, but the disc disappeared in the distance. A short while later, in the same spot, they saw four discs motionless in the air. Father Maria's description follows:
"We could see them clearly. Two were above and two below, but all four had no point of contact. At that moment, they had a silvery color like that of the moon. I would say that their diameter vas somewhere between 30 and 40 centimeters.
"They moved several times, but each time it seemed that only the two lower ones were rotating. Just before they [all four] began to move, they lit up brightly, like suns. Then it looked as though they arranged themselves to move in circular fashion so as to return to their starting point. On stopping, they lost their brilliant color and regained the silvery one. During their rotation, they seemed slightly oval. I cannot say whether it was due to a new shape they assumed while in flight or to the oblique position they had assumed while moving. Each time they turned, they had that shape and that profusion of light. We observed them for about 20 minutes. After their final turn, they remained motionless in their initial position for several moments. Then they disappeared, headed in the direction from which we had come. What I saw was no aerolite, shooting star, or anything of the kind. It could only have been a man-made machine."
Lasimone then gave an equally detailed version, as follows:
"At about 2200 hours, we observed four halos of silvery light grouped in a square formation and located above light clouds. The night was very clear.
"At one point, the four halos were on the horizon, ranged in a line in the direction of Bouzoum. Suddenly, one of them lit up in vivid red, causing its shape to be distinguished. It was like a cigar, thicker in the fore section. The center section constituted about one third of the total length, and appeared opaque in the light, with perfectly symmetrical lines. Flying above the clouds, this object headed in our direction at considerable speed, about equal to that of an average plane. About 5 or 6 kilometers away, it halted without changing its lights and then climbed again, vertically. The stop was abrupt and the glow became silvery again. The other three on the horizon then began to move in the same way as the first and joined it to form a square once again."
REPORT "FLYING SAUCERS" SEEN IN SYRIA -- Athens, Le Messager d'Athenes, 19 May 53
The Damascus newspaper Al Ahaya reports that "flying saucers" were seen recently above the city of Homs, Syria, coming from the south.
LUMINOUS OBJECT SEEN IN SKY OVER ABADAN -- Tehran, Etela'at, 20 May 53
This newspaper was informed by its correspondent in Abadan that at 1855 hours, on 18 May 1953, a luminous object was seen in the sky over Abadan. The object was reported to be as bright as the sun and to have the shape of a new moon (but several times larger than a new moon). It traveled extremely fast and could be seen for 20 minutes. It was also reported that the same object was seen over all the oil areas in Khuzistan.
- END -
Declassified video materials about the development and testing of the Avrocar, a VTOL flying disk created by the Avro Canada company for the US military.
Рассекреченные видео-материалы о конструкции и испытаниях Avrocar, летающего диска вертикального взлёта и посадки, созданного канадской компанией Avro по заказу военных США.