I'm an actual trans person, got all the inside info you need, AMA

rachel

Re: I'm an actual trans person, got all the inside info you need, AMA

Unread post by rachel »

Yes. I think in one sense there is no malice intended in taking and repurposing pictures, the people doing it are on a deadline and it is a means to an end. It's difficult to know how much is planned and how much is just organic given the money system we all live in.

In one sense, the Great Reset is a good idea as this system is utterly bankrupt. The problem is, the people who wrote into the rules they would always win in the last system will do the same in any new system, so the "original sin" will survive the flood. The architects of the system are the problem, not the solution.
finch

Unread post by finch »

They're on deadlines and due to the decline of print media, they're not paid much anymore. The articles are written to generate clicks rather than to convey information, though this is the state of mainstream art reporting in general: the narrative of the artist as con artist is so popular that actual interviews or publicly available explanations of pretty much any artist's work are thrown out in favor of promoting whatever might seem inflammatory or shocking about any given piece if left unexplained, or presented as some kind of hoax or prank when the original audience knew full well that they were interacting with an art installation. This is likely how when it came out that the CIA had helped fund the abstract expressionist movement in the 50s to make America look cooler than the Soviet Union, it didn't matter at all that the ab ex painters were communists. No one could tell from looking at the paintings.
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

anti-war-hole
original-29273-1402074407-4 (1).jpg
u.n
finch

Unread post by finch »

oh yeah Chernobyl tapestry