Repopulation Postcards : CABBAGE PATCH KIDS Mind Unveiled

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Re: Repopulation Postcards : CABBAGE PATCH KIDS Mind Unveiled

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Mind unveiled has been doing a terrific job exposing the oddities of the turn of the century and cabbage patch themes. Couple this with the incubators and infantoriums at the world's fairs and expositions and there are alot of mysteries. I watched alot of the Little Rascals when I was young. I never realized they were without parents and orphans. My grandfather on my Dad's side was an orphan due to his father's death in the coalmines. His mother supposedly died of a broken heart. You will never think of a choo choo in the same way.

PotatoFieldsForever

Re: Repopulation Postcards : CABBAGE PATCH KIDS Mind Unveiled

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

It reminded me of a French nursery rhyme "Savez-vous planter les choux ?" (Do you know how to plant cabbages ?)
Do you know how to plant the cabbages is a popular French children's song and nursery rhyme , often sung to the tune of "Ah! vous dirai-je, maman". Its origin dates back to the Middle Ages , at the time when cabbage began to constitute one of the pillars of the peasant diet [ 1 ] . Recalling the habit of imagining babies being born in cabbages, this nursery rhyme is a bawdy song which refers to the sexual act , or an initiation song which is an awakening to this sexual act [ 2 ] .
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savez-vou ... _les_choux