David Ray Griffin

Misom's research
rachel

David Ray Griffin

Unread post by rachel »

I cannot say I know David Ray Griffin, but as he is known for his 911 research and books, I thought I'd put his obituary here.

OffG’s Tribute to David Ray Griffin
Friends and colleagues remember him in their own words.
https://off-guardian.org/2022/12/11/off ... /#comments
...Reviewing the evidence was for the most part straightforward. Assembling, arraying, and locating documentary support challenging the mendacious mosaic that was the 911 Commission Report was a Herculean intellectual and forensic task for which David’s protean reasoning and preternatural determination were tailor made.

Along with the Toronto Hearings, I consider Consensus-9/11 to be the greatest truth-seeking inquiry I’ve ever been or likely will ever be affiliated with. I recall once seeing an interview with David by incredulous journalist asking what theology had to do with the “9/11” incident. David’s response was stunning: “Everything.”

Beginning in 2004, David would publish 13 books in total on September 11, 2001, including one with subtitle reference to “state crimes against democracy”, work originating with the political philosopher Lance deHaven-Smith, with whom I worked closely for several years beginning in 2007.

To be cited in a book by David Ray Griffin, from among a dozen other books by him scrutinizing a turning point in US, if not world, history stands as an all-time treasured professional accomplishment for me.

The world has lost a great mind and devotee to truth seeking, wherever that journey leads. The world has gained a corpus of thinking that is astonishing if not unrivaled in scope and perspicacity.

— Matthew T. Witt, Ph.D. University of La Vern
rachel

Re: David Ray Griffin

Unread post by rachel »

No Cellphone calls confirmed by FBI in 911 Report in this section of the interview.

David Ray Griffin on the 9/11 Cell Phone Calls: Exclusive CBC Interview

This would appear to a longer version of the same interview.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1350177319
Interview: David Ray Griffin
13 years ago, Duration 22:21
Griffin continues to raise provocative questions about the inconsistencies and contradictions of the official version of the events of September 11, 2001.
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

As interesing as David Ray Griffin was to the 9/11 movement, it is equally interesting that he was primary a theologian of Process theology - quite like Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. And let's not forget David Ray Griffin was leading the fake truth movement, not part of anything authentic.
-
David Ray Griffin (Aug 8 1939 — Nov 26 2022)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ray_Griffin
Process theology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_theology
-
" He started to become a process theologian while attending John B. Cobb's seminar on Whitehead's philosophy [...] Griffin applied Alfred North Whitehead's thought to the traditional theological subjects of christology and theodicy and argued that process theology also provided a sound basis for addressing contemporary social and ecological issues [...] Various theological and philosophical aspects have been expanded and developed by Charles Hartshorne (1897–2000), John B. Cobb, Eugene H. Peters, and David Ray Griffin. "
-
David Ray Griffin in Nagoya (Japan) November 2008 - preaching to the mass
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Interesting Unreal. You probably already realise my 911 knowledge is patchy at best. I didn't want to say it on the back of no knowledge of this person, but any author who dies just after finishing writing a book, it does seem equivalent to what is known in football as a Testimonial match.

And having listened to about half of this, he does push the providence of evolution and the billions of years timeframe. Interesting listen though.

David Ray Griffin - An Introduction to Process Theology