Collective Intelligence Experiment - "Freedom" and School "Choice" Alison McDowell

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Collective Intelligence Experiment - "Freedom" and School "Choice" Alison McDowell

Unread post by dirtybenny »

In addition to soulbound tokens...she discusses MOLOCHdao

MolochDAO is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization, deployed on Ethereum mainnet. Members contribute capital with the sole intention of giving it all away to fund Ethereum infrastructure as an essential digital public good.

https://molochdao.com/

With the omipresent all-seeing eye....is that what that symbol on the dollar bill foreshadowed?

This is a world that I will refuse to live in.

This is a so-called Eye of Providence. I drove around Providence.....Rhode Island this week. The number of cameras that are EVERYWHERE in this city with warning signs everywhere is overwhelming. The Eye of Providence indeed.
Attachments
Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg
Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Untitled.jpg
20211104-100442-speed.jpg
dirtybenny

Re: Collective Intelligence Experiment - "Freedom" and School "Choice" Alison McDowell

Unread post by dirtybenny »

She also discussed Learncard for student's phones.

https://www.learncard.com/#lc-down
Attachments
6322a117bdbb2cbf8cda8478_learncard learning economy foundation w3c universal digital wallet.001 2.png
631817300094ad30162dd932_learncard learning economy foundation w3c universal digital wallet.001 3.png
6317f981de52e324a5e8c1f8_learncard learning economy foundation w3c universal digital wallet.001.png
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Collective Intelligence Experiment - "Freedom" and School "Choice" Alison McDowell

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

The decentralised autonomous organisation concept is actually a very good one, I think. It allows for organisations to run themselves, without human involvement. So, it would do allocation of funds, creating contracts, dispatching the product, etc. That in itself is fine.

As ever, the issue is who owns the code and algorithms, and can we see it too check it?

Moloch is certainly a bad name. But, the principle of having a well funded DAO to improve infrastructure, eg by evaluating the weakness in Ethereum's infrastructure and then paying others to improve it, is fair enough, imo. This is only a small advance from where we are already - where computers have taken over lots of grunt work. I think I could argue that algorithmic trading is less trustworthy and more dangerous.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Actually... when you think about it, is there really much difference between an entirely automated organisation, and the corporate structures we already have? Employees get on board with whatever they are told to. But even the CEO can only steer the organisation in certain directions - ie, even he is not all powerful, but more of a figurehead.