Unbelievable Youtube Content Creators and volume of output.

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Unbelievable Youtube Content Creators and volume of output.

Unread post by dirtybenny »

I follow alot of cooking and gardening channels. The volume of content that they produce is overwhelming and difficult to believe.

I am going to list an example posted this morning of Gary Pilarchik and the Rusted Garden. According to the first 30 seconds of this video, he is travelling in Portugal with his wife on his "first honeymoon" after 29 years of marriage. While he is in Portugal celebrating with his wife, he makes a video for Youtube on when to start seeds for the upcoming gardening season. This makes no sense to me as far as priorities in a typical life. He is supposedly a social worker in Maryland with 2 children. In the last 2 years, bought a large homestead with massive garden area. I started following his channel about 7-8 years ago and this just does not seem organic (pun intended). My garden area is one quarter or less of his and I struggle to maintain it. I don't think I could keep up his garden with a full time team of a dozen employees.

Even the commenter said

Happy anniversary Gary!
A good place to be.
Enjoy the cod fish dishes and their famous pastry.
We will be fine till you get back.

Nearly every comment has been responded to by Gary or a bot while he is honeymooning in Portugal.

So in addition to actually doing the gardening, he runs an online shop, makes videos, has a family, and does social work. His channel has 644K subscribers.... I don't think this is humanly possible.

Tatyana's EVERYDAY food is another one with unreal output. Multiple camera angles, background music, multiple books...616K subscribers and she or a bot responds to nearly every comment. Runs her own website, amazon links, videos with chapters.

I see this same pattern on so many cooking, gardening and music instruction videos.

It reminds me of Donald Trump being President at his age, or Dylan, Stones, Macca touring in their 80's. Wouldn't they like to just go off to a private beach, have their privacy, and enjoy life? It seems that they are used to harvest human attention.

I don't have a decent model yet for what is going on here but I don't buy the "organic" story that we are given. Something is not right and it is way beyond the EL-ites.
fakeologist
Site Admin

Re: Unbelievable Youtube Content Creators and volume of output.

Unread post by fakeologist »

Scotty Kilmer talks about cars and makes at least one video a day. Unless he is really great at production he also must have a small team helping.
Doing all of my own production I know the time and energy it takes.
rachel

Re: Unbelievable Youtube Content Creators and volume of output.

Unread post by rachel »

I agree, I'm just doing text posts and while it looks like I create a lot of content, I'm mostly linking quotes and stealing other people's graphics. I come from a dtp background, so I am a bit anal about presenting information, and just bothering to use style tags and link to other relevant info eats up a fair amount of time.