Proof The NHL Is Scripted

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
PotatoFieldsForever

Re: Proof The NHL Is Scripted

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

Here's an article about the event with some Twitter posts.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/new ... rlsojyscn1

However, my knowledge of a delay is from my own experience, I've already explained that if you look at betting sites you will notice a delay that is not only explained by the transmission delay. I would need to know if the score was given before a betting site for instance to exclude the delay hypothesis.

In the end, even without delay, we have no way of knowing if it was a mistake or intentional and if you already believe that the games are scripted it wouldn't change much anyway.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:50 am Videos are not evidence - they are hearsay. They might or might not be faithful representations of what happened.

Testimony from people is arguably more valid.

Eg here the claim is that the video showed the score before it happened. Maybe that's true. Or maybe that was edited in. We don't know.

If the claim is that this video is a faithful presentation of reality (ie that the score was shown in advance) we would need someone's testimony that they saw the score being shown in advance while the game was live. Eg perhaps there was a timestamped discussion on reddit with people who saw the 'final scores graphic' during the event, ie before the final score was known. Even then we have to trust the supporting testimony (ie the reddit discussion). Without supporting testimony to help us step back to the live sequence of events, the best/easiest explanation is that this is an edited video, that someone uploaded after the event - anyone could do that.

This is also a problem for the footage Simon Shack used. Yes, the footage is purported to be live footage of the day, but how do we bridge the time from when Simon picked up the footage to the day of the event? You need people to give testimony that this was the footage they saw on tv. But again how to trust that testimony?

Unfortunately, in the final analysis, the past cannot be known. We can know very little, it seems. We might get closer to it, with testimony, etc - we may get enough information that we can have high confidence that certain tricks were or weren't played, but we can't "know", in a hard sense.

PS That screenshot of posting times is remarkable btw. GI, is that something you do intentionally, or were you surprised too? What do you make of it?
If you're saying that I need to be in person, in the arena of the Bruins/Panthers game in that video in order to verify what was broadcast on a TV score bug that malfunctioned allegedly, that makes zero sense. What took place on TV to the audience viewing the game vs the audience in attendance of the game were two separate experiences.

I'm going by the video because that was what was given to me and everyone else who for obvious circumstances couldn't attend that Bruins/Panthers game. So TNT TV network put out a score that predicted a goal would be scored before it happened. The burden of proof is on TNT to show me there was a malfunction of the Score Bug.

The other point you bring up is about video editing. The guy who filmed his TV, how is he going to edit Live TV footage of a score bug that the NHL and TNT have permissions to manipulate? You do realize this video is showing a dude filming his TV of the game. Where is the edit?

I'm looking for how this could've been edited by some amateur armed with a black mirror filming his TV??? How would this happen?

Al, I need to have an idea if you are of the opinion that Professional sports is rigged and/or scripted?

Also, this big brouhaha over posting at 11's is absolutely hilarious. I go by Ab's https://fake11.com which leads me to so many short links where I can get my fakeology. I like 11 and so do others here. So you and Fields are wasting time getting caught up when a post is made. I'm not even paying attention to the when if someone makes a post.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Re the video, I agree the fact that it is a video of his tv makes it harder to edit. But couldn't it just be a slip of the thumb by the editor? I'm not sure it means much.

I'm not saying you need to be at the game in person. But any video is only evidence of the video.... You need more to tie it back to the reality the video purports to represent. I don't think I'm saying anything contentious here.

Re sports being fixed, I do think they are fixed, like everything is around here. (Even if I don't think this hockey example is the smoking gun you think it is.) In fact, I have a pretty detailed list of potential ways sports can be fixed. Maybe I'll post that up later.

Re the 11s on your posts, I think it is remarkable, unusual. If you say you're not doing this intentionally, I'm happy to take you at your word. If it were me, I would wonder if this is a sort of synchronistic message or something - it is so odd.
PotatoFieldsForever

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

I remember this post:
viewtopic.php?t=1314

About your 11 obsession, there is no way that is not on purpose and that sentence below doesn't mean anything, you really take us for idiots.
I'm not even paying attention to the when if someone makes a post.
You just let our imagination fill the blank by making it look like a genuine mistake.