Hypnagogic Hallucinations

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
PotatoFieldsForever

Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sle ... ucinations
Hypnagogic hallucinations are hallucinations that happen during hypnagogia, or the transition period between wakefulness and sleep.
I have them regularly, it happens when I wake up just after falling asleep, it's usually one colored translucid object, recently, I've been seeing one bird flying toward me (maybe an owl). It lasts a few seconds at most. I'm always impressed by the level of details given that my mental visualizations abilities aren't that great. The most notable one was a kind of board where a moving pen was writing something on it, I couldn't read it of course. At some point, I was seeing drones too but that was through my window.

Anyone has experience with this?
rachel

Re: Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Unread post by rachel »

Do you think the drones are real? I see one regularly flying around late at night.

Interestingly Blake's 7 had a gun with a marker, and then the controller that works on distance. This is enough to give anyone nightmares if you switch out the gun for the vaccine.

https://tinyurl.com/5mp8zehf
PotatoFieldsForever

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

I think the ones that were making noise and were really close to my open window were real, it was probably a neighbor playing with its drone but those far away in the sky that vanished were probably not real.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Yes, I wonder if it is family playing with a drone, the one I see seems to be heavy duty and has proper lights, so since from time to time I'd see a police helicopter with a spotlight, I tend to think the drone is probably a regular police patrol and they only crack out the helicopters when they need more heavy duty spotlight/night cameras.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

A little earlier I saw something curious. I was standing outside getting a bit of air and as my eyes were getting used to the dark, I kept seeing a beam of light shooting between the roof tops. So I started watching trying to work out what was causing it. I was thinking it must somehow be car headlights being reflected upwards.

But then two of them started zipping around opposite each other in circles, then they disappeared behind the roofs. They did the same again, this time when they stopped, one was by a roof, not behind it. It was upright and appeared to have an angelic wing shape like it was standing side on. I was thinking, 'shit. it's seen me'.

It wasn't solid, it was like a shape made of soft diffused light. It appeared to be below the clouds, but even if it was on the clouds, has anyone ever seen a light from the ground light up a small section of a cloud at night?

I was slightly spooked by them, but I thought if one came towards me, then I'd know it was a sentient being and not just some freak lighting effect. After watching them a little longer they started zipping back and forward again, then zipped off.

Anyone want to hazard a suggestion?
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Don't think either of these adequately explain what I saw, but none the less fascinating. I have no ideas, light is weird.

Acebeam K75 Super Thrower Flashlight

2019 | Brightest LASER Pointer Flashlight 1,500,000 Beam Intensity | Acebeam W30