Immoderate Discord

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
nickw

Re: Immoderate Discord

Unread post by nickw »

napoleon wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:09 am between you and me doll ,the droids in star wars r2d2 and r5d4 look like merrel lynch building and and another conical building in the complex,Capturehhrherher.JPG,i think r2d2 and r5d4 are coordinates for the layout of the models1487160686-r2-d2 (1).jpg _R1B5596 (1) (1) (1).jpg
Off topic but I thank you for pointing out Hidden Fortress: Great film b&w loads of laughs
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

the-hidden-fortress-md-web.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

@napoleon, I want to put this so you know where I am at. I never engaged with 9/11 when it happened. I never watched any of the footage or read any of the articles. I think because for me, I imagined it to be a day like when my friend and I went. We had breakfast at the hotel, walked to the subway, probably changed lines, got off at the Trade Centre stop. I have no direct memory of the outward journey, only of leaving and walking down under an impressive open walkway and stopping at a drinking fountain.

4507291221_a051c28735.jpeg

I'd forgotten about this until I saw the picture, and yes it rang a bell. I do remember seeing the aerial from inside, through the windows. They were poky, i remember thinking, 'this is a bit shit compared to the Empire State Building'.

I think where I am a cross purposes to you, the WTC towers for me aren't the things on the screen, they are the thing I travelled up. It was a real place that was demolished, and it must have been set to fall at exactly the same time as whatever happened on screen. On a holiday I got talking to an American at a bar in Prague, I heard him ordering and figured he'd know conversions so asked him what I should order if I wanted half a pint glass in metric. My friend and I ended up sitting with him and his friend, and when he told me he was from New York, I started telling him about our holiday. I'd actually totally forgotten about 9/11 as my friend was cringing as I spoke. I was telling him where we went, it's only when I said 'World Trade....oh shit, I am so sorry." This was like, it must have been 15 months after the fall. I didn't ask him about anything to do with the day, I just let him tell us what he wanted to tell us. 'It was horrendous there for months, the clear up, the noise, the smell, he couldn't cope, he had to leave', he ended up choosing to study in Prague, mainly because of its low skyline.

So when I think about 9/11, I have all the above baggage to do with it. And that's why I always ask, yes but how does what happen on the screen tie into what happen in the actual location. I don't believe they cordoned it off before the first stunt took place, but maybe that was just a large bang and some smoke. That would give them time to evacuate the area before they ran the show proper.

I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me if the actual structure of the towers was more like the Blackpool and Eiffel Towers, only boxed. So there would only be four areas up the tower where there were floors. That would explain why they made the bottom section so wide open and big.

wtc-lobby.jpg
wtc-lobby.jpg (33.4 KiB) Viewed 3995 times

It might be down that escalator I remember going, which ended up at the subway.

wtc-lobby 2.jpg

I do remember when it came to going to the top, standing in a queue for a while, when we got the lift, I remember the lift guy telling us about how the lifts worked, and that this was a special express lift just for tourists to get to the top. It was in two sections, because the tower was too long for one. He also told us about the other lifts not going to all floors, and he gave us speed, height, etc. Thinking about it, it was a distraction to convince us tourists it was a working building.
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Thanks for that personal story. I have previously shared my experience of being trapped in a WTC elevator in the early 1970's.

viewtopic.php?p=2963#p2963

We went to the top and on the way down, the elevator stopped. I was with my family and my aunt and uncle and their family. Probably around 15 people or so in the elevator. My Aunt got on the phone in the elevator for someone to help us. The elevator started dropping about 5-10 floors at a time, everyone would scream, and it would jerk to a halt. This happened multiple times. It was literally a terrifying experience. When we finally to the bottom, the elevator was off and they had ladders for us to get out of the elevator.

In the above post I have written about the Towering Inferno and its relevance to preparing the mind for repeat trauma and terror of 9-11.

This is a nice article reviewing the history of the film, the novel, and clues to the illusion. Irwin Allen's Poseidon Adventure and Towering Inferno were traumatic and terrifying to the viewer. He was also key in 1960's television with Lost In Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel, and Land of the Giants. A most interesting array of subjects...space, the ocean bottom, time travel and giants.

https://www.vaultofculture.com/vault/to ... glasstower
Attachments
p6171_p_v8_ac.jpg
MV5BMjA1N2JlMjItMTExZC00NTIxLWE2YTYtY2ZkM2M5OWM3M2YyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc1NTQxODI@._V1_.jpg
Models_01.jpg
dirtybenny

More Irwin Allen
Attachments
MV5BY2IxNjEwZDUtN2JjZi00YzdhLWIwNmItYzRhYmRkM2E2YzAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5NjEzNA@@._V1_.jpg
fb70672f-6dc7-4e11-b373-6161d17ea552.jpg
lf.jpg
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

"I remember the lift guy telling us about how the lifts worked, and that this was a special express lift just for tourists to get to the top"

The thing- it was Miles Mathis first said the building was a shell. no real offices not loads of people working there. Thats a possibility? Thus the trippers could bypass the main building & never know the layout of the interior? Stories of people not going to work there on the day ... maybe they never did but were part of the background of "people who worked at the WTC".
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:31 am More Irwin Allen. Tx for reminding me @dirtybenny

I was "lucky" as I said before I grew up in colonial Africa, so had access to both UK and USA predictive programming. Double dosage

I grew up with all this stuff; plus Star Trek : Made my worldview for fifty years or so...

"Doctor Who was originally broadcast on BBC TV[N 1] between 1963 and 1964. The series began on 23 November 1963 with An Unearthly Child and ended with The Reign of Terror on 12 September 1964."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(season_1)

"The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is an American spy fiction television series[1] produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Television and first broadcast on NBC. The series follows secret agents, played by Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, who work for a secret international counterespionage and law-enforcement agency called U.N.C.L.E. The series premiered on September 22, 1964, completing its run on January 15, 1968"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E.

Also there was a Pilot episode: "Filmed in color from late November to early December 1963, with locations at a Lever Brothers soap factory in California, the television pilot made as a 70-minute film was originally titled Ian Fleming's Solo and later shortened to Solo."

"Guest stars and other actors:
Apart from Solo, Kuryakin and Waverly, very few recurring characters appeared on the show with any regularity. As a result, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. featured many high-profile guest performers during its three-and-a-half-year run. "

Another biggie creating my fake childhood worldview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Anderson

"Anderson's first television production was the 1957 Roberta Leigh children's series The Adventures of Twizzle (1957–58). Torchy the Battery Boy (1960), Four Feather Falls (1960), Supercar (1961–62) and Fireball XL5 (1962–63) followed later, both series breaking into the U.S. television market in the early 1960s. In the mid-1960s Anderson produced his most successful series, Thunderbirds. Other television productions of the 1960s include Stingray, Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons and Joe 90.

Anderson also wrote and produced several feature films. Following a shift towards live-action productions in the 1970s, he had a long and successful association with media impresario Lew Grade and Grade's company ITC, continuing until the second series of Space: 1999. "

So: By the time I got to 1969, I was all primed to look and take in what I was shown as being real. No problemo- many thousands all the same I guess.
My Generation was a test case. Look where we're at now!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

That's how history is created, always gotta have shedloads of backstory as framing devices to shoehorn in the special effects & headline news.
dirtybenny

Hey @nickw

I loved Fireball XL5, one of the many space programs that programmed me.

It also brings to mind Steve ZODIAC's love interest and quite a dish at that VENUS.

Perhaps these animatrons were also preparing us for robots and transhumanism, including the Lost in Space robot and let's not forget Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons.

Was Venus subconsciously programming us to accept Sophia?
Attachments
uTyxRaI.jpg
fireballxl5021.jpg
rosie-the-robot.jpg
rosie-the-robot.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

We went to the top and on the way down, the elevator stopped. I was with my family and my aunt and uncle and their family. Probably around 15 people or so in the elevator. My Aunt got on the phone in the elevator for someone to help us. The elevator started dropping about 5-10 floors at a time, everyone would scream, and it would jerk to a halt. This happened multiple times. It was literally a terrifying experience. When we finally to the bottom, the elevator was off and they had ladders for us to get out of the elevator.
Was the an elevator man? @dirtybenny

I can't remember if it was the same guy who took us through both sections. I also don't remember if we had a set time and the same group went up and went down together.
dirtybenny

@rachel

I vividly remember both my Aunt and Mom crying and frantically talking on the phone, so I doubt that there was an elevator man present. He would have likely been the person on the phone. This was long before cellphones. A lof of us were sitting on the floor to avoid the momentum when the drop stopped. This was early 1970s. Perhaps they started with elevator attendants after that. Oddly enough, I remember elevator attendants in local department stores in the 1960s where I grew up. You would tell them what floor you wanted. They would hit the button and close the door.

When I talk with my Mom again, I will ask her if she recalls.