Immoderate Discord

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
napoleon

Re: Immoderate Discord

Unread post by napoleon »

I don't want to belong to that club. I am happy sitting on the outside as a "ne'er do well."

not me

i want masons and shills and sellouts to have to quit the truth entirely ,or proclaim me god
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

I remember when we had a group of about 20 or so listeners in the daily fakeologist show chat on Youtube. Ab started to hand out wrenches. You could not type fast enough to say NOT ME. I think it was revealing of our nature.
Ha! I agree 100%.
I am happy sitting on the outside
The outsiders' outsider. That's me too.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Having mostly not been on Discord, I'm not really in the loop. But I do remember OS talking about crews taking people down back way before covid. I think that was more Youtube channels though. davej saying he was targeted. I don't know if this has any crossover.
John Le Bon

Unread post by John Le Bon »

I understand the recent shift by Ab towards a more moderated environment on fakeologist and in particular the discord.

Let's be honest, it had gotten a little toxic. Too many negative vibes and people just looking for arguments and trouble.

However, it is possible to go too far the other way, with long-term members being silenced or booted.

My own interactions with CSL have been limited but based on available information, they seem like a good individual to me.

I'm sure they will be able to get up to speed with the fakeologist community and its nuances sooner rather than later.

With that said, I do understand Al's concern.

If you begin installing mods who are not known within the community, it will naturally raise eyebrows.

Will the fakeologist platform be better off with mods who do not share the common understandings of the majority of members here?

For example, 9/11. Once upon a time, fakeologist dot com was premised on the idea that the planes were fake, the 3,000 victims were fake.

And also the idea that Judy Wood and her magical space beams were, at best, a distraction.

If this platform has already (or soon will) leave those opinions behind, then fair enough, change can be a good thing.

I think it should be communicated more directly, though. What does this place even stand for any more?

Is media fakery a legitimate and important field of inquiry? Does it still matter?

Is there an objective reality to which we can all agree, or are our realities changing in real time, 'mandela effect' style?

Do viruses exist? Did JFK die on 22-11-63?

It appears that the new mods (some or all) will give one set of answers to these questions, whereas the long-term members of the site will give a different set of answers.

There is nothing inherently 'wrong' with that, although we would benefit from knowing where each other stands on these foundational matters.

I guess the tl;dr of all of this is, I too find myself wondering (apparently like Al) what this site is meant to be about any more.

It takes years to build a community, much less time to destroy it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
John Le Bon

Unread post by John Le Bon »

For those who may be interested, I posted a thread about fakeologist on the conspiracyNOPOL subreddit.

In it I referenced this very fakeologist forum thread.
napoleon

i left the discord when all the shills came in 2019 ,no point fucking about with retards
napoleon

tumblr_lrrltfUF3D1qg39ewo1_500.gif
photo_2022-11-22_17-45-01.jpg
photo_2022-11-22_17-45-01.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 8299 times
photo_2022-11-22_17-44-54.jpg
YouCanCallMeAl

@John Le Bon - thanks for your thoughts.

There is very much a jlb element to this thread, imo. As you may recollect, I was a member of your site until a couple of years ago. I remember when you started nopol, the subreddit you link to from this thread. The moderators on nopol are the same moderators Ab is using on his discord, ie you and ab are both very familiar with the same group. Sometimes it seems like a small world indeed!

I certainly don't object to change. Nor to righteous moderating.

What has got to me here, is that I was deplatformed for no good reason. Ab even said he'd get me back on! But he has since expressed the need for strong (or should that be 'wrong') moderating and waves through the dismissal of a legend such as smj! Does chemotherapy decrease toxicity?
YouCanCallMeAl

I'm just going to put a couple of links to comments I've made on the blog, for completeness of the current moderation issue, from my perspective.

comments on show fac1196
https://fakeologist.com/blog/2022/11/13 ... ment-41263

comment on show fac1200
https://fakeologist.com/blog/2022/11/20 ... ment-41374
napoleon