Christopher Sideris interviews Vegan Skeptic on The Soul Trap and Lucid Dreaming

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Christopher Sideris interviews Vegan Skeptic on The Soul Trap and Lucid Dreaming

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Vegan Skeptic addresses practical methods to escape the soul trap and the importance of practicing lucid dreaming and astral projection.

Start listening at 15 minutes in...

YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Christopher Sideris interviews Vegan Skeptic on The Soul Trap and Lucid Dreaming

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Vegan skeptic is a decent chap. (I've got more time for him, than Mark from fcrc, frankly).
dirtybenny

Re: Christopher Sideris interviews Vegan Skeptic on The Soul Trap and Lucid Dreaming

I just downloaded his book. I am consumed with dream journals and lucid dreaming presently. Totally unsuccessful with OBE though.

I take it you have firsthand interacted with Vegan, Al?
YouCanCallMeAl

I have. He's very into his film analysis, and a prolific writer and cataloguer. Personally, I'm not that interested in these sorts of cultural artifacts, but each to their own. Obviously he's vegan too but not pushy about it (I'm veggie). He has a considered philosophical perspective too, which was pretty close to my own.

I tried to do OBEs too, and although I have had some small experiences, I can't say I've had any noteworthy success. VS recommended this 3 part series to me as the quickest way to get there:

I did listen, it is interesting. I understand that having personal experience with the astral could be useful. But, for myself, it doesn't feel like a requirement, so I'm not actively investigating this now.
dirtybenny

I am partially through these videos.

I have had success with lucid dreaming which literally to this day just blows my mind as far as possibilities. The most exciting part of my life anymore is going to sleep. I have started back in on daily dream journals. I did this for a year several years ago. The daily amnesia is STRIKING. If I wait 10 minutes, I will likely lose the memory of any of the dreams. Also, I have noticed that within the dream, I am amnestic to the beginning of the dream....it is shrouded no matter how much I try to focus on it.

I am trying to construct some models of the dream experience. Amnesia is critical to it. The people, places, and subjects that populate my dreams are all elements that I have experienced within this life. They form a collage like experience that is not well-structured. Transitions from one scene to the next are usually not linear. My working model is that we are creating in the dream realm without the instruction manual. I wonder whether our creative abilities are throttled by the realm in the dream world. We are just creating haphazardly without structure, organization, or purpose.

I have noticed that my intention can change the dream in a flash. One recent dream, I was having bad feeling walking around this hotel. I said, "I don't want to be here" and I was instantly in a different environment. Another recent dream...I was driving this car and was having difficulty keeping it on the road, I said, "this is my dream, I want the car to have wings." The car immediately sprouted wings and I was flying in the car. It is beyond magical when it happens. Several times I had the intention to verbalize, "This is my dream, I can do whatever I want." The dream responded. I feel no pain in a dream and cannot be injured. Even when I am in a car going off of a cliff, I tell myself, this is a dream, I am fine. I have also flown, with very specifics adjusting my height and responding to those in cars around me.

I have noted that the first 6 hours of sleep are solid. After that, I can have 3-4 dreams that I can recall within 2 hours or less. I have also noticed that a dream that lasts 15-20 minutes in this realm, seems to be a much longer time in the dream world. I don't think the time is the same in both.

This latest venture into dreaming has been a wild ride.

@YouCanCallMeAl
YouCanCallMeAl

I should try to do the dream diary thing. And I relate to your point that going to sleep is the most exciting time of the day. For me, it's going to sleep, waking in the night, and waking in the morning - those times when I drift in and out of consciousness. I've certainly never gained control of my dreams as you have, even if it's only occasional.

I don't why, but I was reminded of mileswmathis and his spirit paper.
http://mileswmathis.com/spirit.pdf

One thing I bear in mind, is that amnesia is a common effect of trauma. Responding to a traumatic event by forgetting it, is a thing that the mind-body does on its own - ie no external force is required to explain the loss of memory. I bear it in mind, as an internal, existing mechanism is the simplest explanation, rather than something reaching in. What the trauma might be, I don't know. And it is possible that the internal state is easily triggered by something external; maybe there is a handy trauma-amnesia switch of some sort.
dirtybenny

Follow up conversation with Vegan Skeptic

Chris Sideris hosts Vegan Skeptic for a follow up critical conversation on this reality, soul trap, dreaming, and escape strategies.
Chris asks some profound questions that I had but have not heard asked in the past. VS was up to the challenge.

Cognitive Dissident

Unread post by Cognitive Dissident »

I have only eaten meat, eggs, coconut oil, the odd potato or a tomato now for two months.

No more bread gut.

I feel hornier than a frustrated teenager, for the second time in my, now adult, life.

Girls get confused and run away.