Dreams, simulation and Deja Reve

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Dreams, simulation and Deja Reve

Unread post by dirtybenny »

For consideration,

there are reportedly in this realm,

33,000 species of fish
11,000 species of birds
6500 species of mammals
250,000 species of flowers
60,000 species of trees
3,900 species of snakes
and
13 million species of insects....13 MILLION
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Dreams, simulation and Deja Reve

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Its all just made up, isn't it?
dirtybenny

To a large extent you are right, Al, these numbers are just estimates done by extrapolation. The insects that have supposedly only been physically identified is 15 percent of that estimate. Even 15 percent of 15 million is over 2 million species. As Dave J would say, make the list 1,2,3 go.
I doubt I could name 100.

Even from my own experiences seeing the different types of insects, trees, flowers, etc....The variety is overwhelming.

I must go through 500+ varieties of tomatoes when I am deciding what types of tomatoes to plant for the year.

My take is that these variations have been generated by AI using templates with slight variations.

I am planning to do some connections with template similarity, For example trees, branches and roots. Same above as below. Also identical to the branching of our vascular system and bronchial tree internally. I don't believe the explanations we are given for all of these patterns.
YouCanCallMeAl

I was actually looking at the numbers and wondering if they were just another made up statistic/story, esp these:
33,000 species of fish
11,000 species of birds
6500 species of mammals (also 11 = 6+5)
13 million species of insects
For me, the idea of types and varieties, is partly a reflection of us and of the framework we use to interpret reality. Can any 2 things be 'the same'?

I get that it is useful to talk about tomatoes, and oranges, people etc. But are these types somehow independently real - did God create 'types'? Or is this more of a reflection of how we navigate the world?

If we wanted to put the totals first - ie reach 33 types of life - if that was the goal, could we slice and dice the content of our framework to fit the preordained total?
dirtybenny

I know it's supposed to be a social taboo to speak of religion or politics, Al, but if you choose to elaborate..

I would be interested in how you define God and how does that concept fit into your model of reality?
YouCanCallMeAl

I was just using 'god' to try to take a different viewpoint from which to consider the existence of different 'types', to try to say that those types are really existent, as opposed to something we project on to reality. Eg, that a whale is not a fish but a mammal is an arbitrary distinction we (humans) apply within our framework, but the 'types' can be conceived of differently.

I've no idea what god is... Is it a viral idea, eggregor, the collective 'soul', is it singular or are there multiple gods, is god kind, is god running an experiment, are there different levels of gods, etc.

I think the ultimate God (creator), if they were perfect, would be outside of time and space.... ie not in time and space as we are, so what would they have to do with us, how could they interact with us? But is time and space a further illusion? The subject is very difficult.
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »