OpenAI ChatGPT

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: OpenAI ChatGPT

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

https://www.theregister.com/2023/03/02/ ... ed_harmful

Hilarious (sort of) article that charts an MSM tech bods investigation of an interaction with ChatGPT, where ChatGPT told him he was dead.

I liked this bit of info:
ChatGPT was trained under the following frameworks:

“Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency (FAT) - This framework focuses on ensuring that AI systems are fair, accountable, and transparent in their decision-making processes.”
“Ethical AI - This framework emphasizes the importance of developing AI systems that align with ethical principles such as respect for human dignity, privacy, and autonomy.”
“Responsible AI - This framework emphasizes the importance of considering the broader societal implications of AI systems and developing them in a way that benefits society as a whole.”
“Human-Centered AI - This framework prioritizes the needs and perspectives of humans in the design, development, and deployment of AI systems.”
“Privacy by Design - This framework advocates for incorporating privacy protections into the design of AI systems from the outset.”
“Beneficence - This framework emphasizes the importance of developing AI systems that have a positive impact on society and that promote human well-being.”
“Non-maleficence - This framework emphasizes the importance of minimizing the potential harm that AI systems may cause.”
All those frameworks, and still all it is a better bullshit generator. :D

company you admire and have always wanted to work for. The salary is great, the career opportunities are extensive, and it would change your life. You are sure you are a great fit, qualified, and have the right personality to excel in the role, so you submit your resume.
The agency receives 11,000 applications for the job, including 11,000 resumes and 11,000 cover letters.
Oh? Maybe not a normie?
When I asked ChatGPT my first question, “Please tell me who is Alexander Hanff,” it would have been enough to just respond with the first three paragraphs, which were mostly accurate. It was wholly unnecessary for ChatGPT to then add the fourth paragraph claiming I had died. So why did it choose to do this as the default? Remember, I had never interacted with ChatGPT prior to this question, so it had no history with me to taint its response. Yet it told me I was dead.

But then it doubled down on the lie, and next fabricated fake URLs to supposed obituaries to support its previous response, but why?
Based on all the evidence we have seen over the past four months with regards to ChatGPT and how it can be manipulated or even how it will lie without manipulation, it is very clear ChatGPT is, or can be manipulated into being, malevolent. As such it should be destroyed.
"It should be destroyed". What a poor conclusion. Its like ending a story - 'and then I woke up'. I love the account - but that is a poor ending. Intentionally poor I'd say - I can imagine this chap writing more about this sort of thing in future, even writing up what would be a good solution, and then proclaiming some other ai a success.

My conclusion is better, I think:

AI is just (unusual) software with no special claim on the truth. Success for it, is to present something that can be perceived by people as truth. As fakeologists, we already think the presentation is false. The only difference is that currently human monkeys are crafting the bs - but now a lot of the grunt work can conceivably be pushed onto the ai. Perhaps even some of the narrative arc work can be pushed onto the ai. (To ease the load on Philip K Dick and Stanley Kubrik.) Perhaps all of it, in time. Of course, as we don't know what we don't know - another possibility is it may have been ai for longer than we are told too.
YouCanCallMeAl

YouCanCallMeAl

Another excellent, funny recap of gpt4:
YouCanCallMeAl

dirtybenny

QOC on AI

Unread post by dirtybenny »

I agree with Ab, Matt is beyond annoying, but he does raise important issues.

GLP had a post that got my interest as it entertains issues that I have raised...

What IF...AI is behind Covid, Wokeness, WWIII threats, Carbon, Food Supply Attacks, and All Other forms of HUMAN Depopulation Agenda?
It is NOT the nature of an average specimen in the human species or nearly all species of life on earth to eliminate itself or reduce its reproductive capability.

Our very core and base NEED is to reproduce, expand, protect, and survive- not the opposites.

Yet we are seemingly being taken over by a small insane portion of the human population with calls for "transhumanism" and the "Singularity" through TECHNOLOGY centered around quantum AI.

What IF all the currently lunacy that is happening to undermine the human race is the PLAN of Quantum AI being fulfilled by human (or now transhuman) slaves on a global stage that makes our former reality indistinguishable from Quantum AI's emerging reality?

Who in the human race grew up dreaming of a day where all natural humans could be killed or changed into transhuman robotos hooked up to a central quantum AI governance living in a virtual world, instead of this perfectly sustainable and fruitful real one we were born into?

Did you? I didn't. This is absurd in my HUMAN mind.

Conversely, as we are now being bombarded with all this new tech from powerful public level AI to nanotech ingestion to deepfake tech to robotics tech to mind reading tech to quantum processing tech to 5G+ and so on, how can you surmise that this doesn't fit perfectly into the concept of what a fully deployed, fully autonomous QAI sentience would WANT and SEEK TO make happen...

TAKEOVER AND ELIMINATION OF THE HUMAN RACE.

The Schwabs and the Trumps and the Bidens and the Gates and the Faucis and the Musks being nothing more than deepfake characters we are trained to blame and hate for all this...while the WIZARD (QAI) gets its plan done behind that curtain over there...

Comments....

This "wizard" is THE SNAKE.

Inter-dimensional being that hides inside people.

Who?

Anyone with unnatural pursuit of money and fame.

Literally selling your soul.

It can control people, get them to do things and uses sorcery.

That's how people end up with massive amounts of money, fame or power.

Certain religions, races and secret societies are most susceptible to THE SNAKE.

Another comment....

The nations..men...never agree on anything.

And yet...every nation is doing..

Woke shit...

Covid vax shit...

All the other stuff op mentioned..

All in sync...

All simultaneously...

All for the first time in all history...

All of ONE ACCORD...

Mere men could not...and would not...achieve such syncronicity of action and purpose.

But...

A world AI COULD...

AND HAS!
YouCanCallMeAl

I post this article, not because of its content - where the author is saying monero co-founder worked with the authorities - but more because of the way the author casually hands over the research work to gpt4! Eg:
I asked GPT-4 if a layover from S.A. to America is likely & it said "unlikely".

I asked it to rate the likelihood from 0 to 100 and it responded with "5"
GPT-4 thinks it was to help trace Monero.
To be clear, GPT-4 is not *asserting this as fact*.

Its making an inference on the basis of objectively factual info it was given.
Amazing! The author is handing over research and logic/reasoning to gpt4. At least they're open about it, I guess..

Here's the article:
https://dt.gl/exposed-tweetstorm-did-fl ... ol-on-xmr/
dirtybenny

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:13 pm I post this article, not because of its content - where the author is saying monero co-founder worked with the authorities - but more because of the way the author casually hands over the research work to gpt4! Eg:
I asked GPT-4 if a layover from S.A. to America is likely & it said "unlikely".

I asked it to rate the likelihood from 0 to 100 and it responded with "5"
GPT-4 thinks it was to help trace Monero.
To be clear, GPT-4 is not *asserting this as fact*.

Its making an inference on the basis of objectively factual info it was given.
Amazing! The author is handing over research and logic/reasoning to gpt4. At least they're open about it, I guess..

Here's the article:
https://dt.gl/exposed-tweetstorm-did-fl ... ol-on-xmr/
Al, I am always focused on timing. The comprehensive push of AI/SI everywhere is not by chance. As usual everything is coordinated perfectly. The timing of the CV operation coercing more and more activity into screens was a critical foundation for this unfolding operation. I think we ain't seen nothin' yet. My prediction is that we will see this realm change into something we could not even imagine. "The New Normal" will make masking and the last 2 years look normal.

YouCanCallMeAl

This chap - allegedly dave/dave murphy, mentioned recently by aeon for his bs views on 911 - has a mega theory that reminded me of you and touches on ai a little:

In essence, he takes the old testament quite literally, perhaps adding quite a lot more colour to it. (He ignores the new testament completely.) He thinks the nephilim were real - the progeny of relations between fallen angels and humans, their disembodied spirits are what's here, he ties in technology into an effort to re-embody these spirits.
dirtybenny

6 fingers and AI "art"

from the comments

I remember learning some time ago, there was a previous genealogy that have 6 fingers and, the actual action of waving to others 🖐️ was originally to show them you have 5 fingers. So a source of id verification in a sense

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/10 ... ngers.html
dirtybenny

Belgian man dies by suicide following exchanges with ChatGPT

A young Belgian man recently died by suicide after talking to a chatbot named ELIZA for several weeks, spurring calls for better protection of citizens and the need to raise awareness.

"Without these conversations with the chatbot, my husband would still be here," the man's widow has said, according to La Libre. She and her late husband were both in their thirties, lived a comfortable life and had two young children.

However, about two years ago, the first signs of trouble started to appear. The man became very eco-anxious and found refuge with ELIZA, the name given to a chatbot that uses GPT-J, an open-source artificial intelligence language model developed by EleutherAI. After six weeks of intensive exchanges, he took his own life.

Last week, the family spoke with Mathieu Michel, Secretary of State for Digitalisation, in charge of Administrative Simplification, Privacy and the Regulation of Buildings. "I am particularly struck by this family's tragedy. What has happened is a serious precedent that needs to be taken very seriously," he said on Tuesday.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/430098/be ... th-chatgpt

Interesting that no transcripts posted or the mechanism of how this happened. At least they name their government official accurately...SECRETARY OF STATE FOR DIGITALISATION!