A Different Corner

rachel

Re: A Different Corner

Unread post by rachel »

A little look at Hamburg's history, because this is the city quite a few Northern English bands played to make their name before getting London record deals in the 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg#/ ... dechen.jpg
In 834, Hamburg was designated as the seat of a bishopric. The first bishop, Ansgar, became known as the Apostle of the North. Two years later, Hamburg was united with Bremen as the Bishopric of Hamburg-Bremen.

Hamburg was destroyed and occupied several times. In 845, 600 Viking ships sailed up the River Elbe and destroyed Hamburg, at that time a town of around 500 inhabitants. In 1030, King Mieszko II Lambert of Poland burned down the city. Valdemar II of Denmark raided and occupied Hamburg in 1201 and in 1214. The Black Death killed at least 60% of the population in 1350. Hamburg experienced several great fires in the medieval period.

Hamburg in 1320
Hamburg in 1320
I know black death is blamed on flee carrying rats, but looking at pattens, I think there is nothing new about man-made pandemics, it is a way to steal wealth. It always seems to be the walled cities that suffer from mass death and great fires, and what do we see, Hamburg is another walled city. Personally, I think it is more likely the water supply was poisoned, and when plague was declared, it is of historical record, cities were locked down and people trying to escape were killed. So nobody gets out, they have to drink the water, they get poisoned, only the people with the strongest constitutions survive.

In London there was the Black Death of 1665, where apparently a fifth of the population were killed, followed by 1666, where all the places those dead people were living were burned down to the ground. And that was all under King Charles II, directly after Oliver Cromwell. The naming convention for Kings we are currently on doesn't bode well.

https://historycollection.com/thousands ... in-london/
From 1665 to 1666, London, England suffered an outbreak of the deadly Bubonic plague known as the Black Death. Over 100,000 people began to develop huge sores and black spots all over their body. They coughed up blood from their lungs, and died within just a few days. One-fifth of the city’s entire population had died, and there were so many bodies that piled up, they had to be picked up off the street and pushed in carts to be dumped in mass graves.
But back to wiki and Hamburg and the thing that actually caught my eye.
In 1189, by imperial charter, Frederick I "Barbarossa" granted Hamburg the status of a Free Imperial City and tax-free access (or free-trade zone) up the Lower Elbe into the North Sea. In 1265, an allegedly forged letter was presented to or by the Rath of Hamburg. This charter, along with Hamburg's proximity to the main trade routes of the North Sea and Baltic Sea, quickly made it a major port in Northern Europe. Its trade alliance with Lübeck in 1241 marks the origin and core of the powerful Hanseatic League of trading cities. On 8 November 1266, a contract between Henry III and Hamburg's traders allowed them to establish a hanse in London. This was the first time in history that the word hanse was used for the trading guild of the Hanseatic League. In 1270, the solicitor of the senate of Hamburg, Jordan von Boitzenburg, wrote the first description of civil, criminal and procedural law for a city in Germany in the German language, the Ordeelbook (Ordeel: sentence). On 10 August 1410, civil unrest forced a compromise (German: Rezeß, literally meaning: withdrawal). This is considered the first constitution of Hamburg.

Seal of the City of Hamburg in 1241
Seal of the City of Hamburg in 1241
Hamburg as depicted on a 1679 Half-Portugalöser
Hamburg as depicted on a 1679 Half-Portugalöser
Hamburg connection to London in 1266. I'll throw this Bible study in here, Chris Sparks is quite interesting, he is a flat-earther, here he gives a study on Babylon through the ages and sun worship.

The Sorceries of Babylon - Chris Sparks
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

great post !!!
thanku very muchly xxx
these bible folks are way more interesting .
rey there ,
midnight_jedi (1).jpg
hermes trismegistus in a chapter of this video, oh chapters will be me the death of me ,i have subbed to this chap. cheers doll
hermes-trismegistus-=-thrice-greatest-perceived-by-neoplatonists-as-G388EC.jpg
i always knew god existed but never took to the texts ,clash of the titans not ben hur ,,you live and learn.
alchemy-emerald-tablet-of-hermes-trismegistus-plate-from-the-1609-edition-of-heinrich-khunrath-amphitheatrum-sapientiae-aeternae-on-the-rock-which-is-symbolic-of-the-alchemical-stone-is-the-text-of-the-famous-emera.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

So going back to something I posted above, knowing the linguistics of the city I speculated that Paul could easily be Paula or Pauline, this is because in working class Liverpool, names of pals or work mates are usually dropped to one syllable. So below we have a clip from a BBC Arena programme which was filmed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the radio show, Desert Island Discs. And who did Roy Plomley want on this show? Paul McCartney.

Would people at the top of the BBC likely know the true state of affaires with regards to Paul and his recording contract? So then, would Plomley choose someone who only pretended to write their own music for the 40 year anniversary episode? ...For me, actions speak louder than words, Paul is the real deal.

This was the video that was the definitive proof that PID was fiction. But something that always stuck in my head was Paul's reference to Chris and Val. That's Christine and Valerie, and it's a thing a woman would remember. And going back to an earlier quote about Stuart Sutcliffe...
The father of Sutcliffe, Carlos Sutcliffe (1905 - March 18, 1966) was a senior official, who moved to Liverpool to help with the work in the time of the war in 1943 and then signed as an engineer of a ship. Him's mother, Millie, was a school teacher for children. Sutcliffe had two younger sisters, Pauline and Joyce.
So, either Mike McGear/Stuart Sutcliffe is really the older brother of Paul, though the official story is Mike is Paul's younger brother; else the brother story was always a story. Paul's mother dying when Paul was very young, what would you do? Coming out of the 1950s, probably get married as soon as possible.

Paul, Jim and Mike McCartney
Paul, Jim and Mike McCartney
Mike McGear's wedding day with Paul, Jane, his father Jim, 2nd wife Angie, Bride Angela is not in this picture
Mike McGear's wedding day with Paul, Jane, his father Jim, 2nd wife Angie, Bride Angela is not in this picture
March 1965 - Paul and Jane posing on the London set of Help! for Henry Grossman shortly after the Beatles returned from filming in Austria.
March 1965 - Paul and Jane posing on the London set of Help! for Henry Grossman shortly after the Beatles returned from filming in Austria.

Mike definitely went to America with the band the first time they crossed the pond. He has a book with the photos he took on the tour. The story goes, because Paul is the youngest of the band members, his dad wasn't happy with him going to America alone, so they cut a compromise that allowed Paul's younger brother Mike to go with him. We can now rework that into a more logical reason for Mike accompanying Paul. I suspect later on, an agreement was cut, Paul would stay with Jane Asher's family during downtimes, and as mentioned by Marfer, it all kind of fits better than other theories, IMHO.

Link to Desert Island Discs show, Released On: 30 Jan 1982
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p009ml01

(If you are in the UK you will need to use a VPN to be able to listen to it without creating an account. I mean, your taxes only paid for it, but every other country gets it available with one click. That's the criminal BBC for you.)

This one was a tell Paul wasn't in London after 1967, he talks about early Beatles in some detail, but then they drop it when it comes to the later stuff and Plomley moves on to Wings. This also tells me Roy Plomley was happy to accommodate Paul's request to get him on the 40th anniversary show.
napoleon

that was good ,i have no idea what songs i would take ,i would take my inflatable book on how to make oars from sand though.

what are the fundamental differences between the researchers opinions ,i'm afraid they all get mixed up with me .
i know thats a big question

and not gonna be answered overnight ,but i'll ask .
nickw

Unread post by nickw »

To me the point about Rubber Sole being all planned & recorded, album designed, before the lead vocals were added- if true- shows how the Beatles project operated.
Can his dates get verified?

Those records/tours/fan news were being rolled out- involving all the actors involved- from some hub at tavistock central, maybe somewhere else. It was a defining time for a generation: That generation being erased from history as I write. Those death figures from Malaga Bay are indicative

It throws light onto what's happening now, another enormous operation going on around us. Of course they've had six decades of more experience
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I'm not going to disagree with you @nickw, I, maybe because I am female, look at stuff from the personal level primarily. I would suspect most of the people doing the donkeywork in this, so to speak, are not aware of the bigger picture, else they have been told about "a bigger picture", but it's not actually the one that is playing out.

The music side of the equation and how it plays into the whole tavistock plan, which it clearly does, I have very limited knowledge, and that's for other people to thread that needle. For me living in Britain, the working classes are always used. Whatever we think about Paul or Robert Palmer, just listening to them talk, it's about the joy of the music for them in the first instant, taking sounds they've heard and reworking to create something new and exciting. And around that swims the sharks who see different ways to turn that talent to further the dark side.

@napoleon, I just haven't put the hours in on the film side to get the nuance of what you present, but the Force and the Yellow Brick Road, I see them. You know I have a section in Rob Skiba where i bang on about the torah scroll, I see that like a yellow brick road.

ScreenShot-VideoID-TimeS-62.jpg

Gif-VideoID-EilmAvna1D4.gif
Gif-VideoID-EilmAvna1D4.gif (5.85 MiB) Viewed 10525 times
I will sing to You a new song, O God;
on a harp of ten strings I will make music to You—
to Him who gives victory to kings,
who frees His servant David from the deadly sword.
Set me free and rescue me
from the grasp of foreigners,
whose mouths speak falsehood,
whose right hands are deceitful.

Then our sons will be like plants
nurtured in their youth,
our daughters like corner pillars
carved to adorn a palace.
Our storehouses will be full,
supplying all manner of produce;
our flocks will bring forth thousands,
tens of thousands in our fields.
Our oxen will bear great loads.
There will be no breach in the walls,
no going into captivity,
and no cry of lament in our streets.

Blessed are the people of whom this is so;
blessed are the people whose God is the LORD.

nickw

Unread post by nickw »

Geo 25.2.43 Paul 18.6.42 so Paul's younger than George?

btw. Rob Palmer 19.1.1949 he was VERY young to be immersed in music bands. Still at school ... and a singer; seems to have little playing skills?

{Sang with Alan Bown in 1969 ... born 21.7.1942:
"Alan Bown (born Alan James Bown, 21 July 1942, Slough, Berkshire died 16 December 2014, Slough), a trumpet player, joined The Embers in 1963, when he left the RAF.[1] This group played both American rhythm and blues and jazz, and were a very successful live act, playing at venues like The Star-Club, Hamburg at the same time as The Beatles"}

... Palmer after 10 years various projects. Reggae-influenced "Every Kind of People" and a year later, "Doctor, Doctor" and became very big. Always a very sharply dressed dude.

It's interesting to me, all this, having lived thru this stuff & noticing nothing apart from their love of music & bringing music to their fanbase.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Robert Palmer lived on British foreign army bases as a child, very insular existence, only had radio, no tv. His father was in Royal Navy Intelligence - an interview, maybe his last one.

I don't think we should ever be complacent enough to think we get to the point of being strong minded.
napoleon

photo_2023-01-20_21-28-26.jpg
Product Info
Manufacturer Kenner
Scale 3¾ inches
MN 39110 (39110)Asst None
Ship (1) Millennium Falcon
Model YT-1300
Maker Corellian Engineering Corporation
Collection 1
Star Wars
photo_2023-01-24_18-42-02.jpg
photo_2023-01-24_18-42-02.jpg (8.98 KiB) Viewed 10490 times
It has been suggested that the character is offensive because of his perceived similarities to a stereotypical Jew, having mind tricks dont work on toydarian(toy-darian) a large hooked nose, beady eyes,Watto is a fictional character in the Star Wars

mind tricks dont work on me im a toydarian,line from the phantom menace , no kidding the arrogant lucas called a species that didnt fall pray to the force mind control of a jedi a toydarian,
jewish mysticism ,only the same as chelom or molech backwards ,or ape a planet making al qa eda backwards.

the shining aswell as mimicking jupiters interaction with castor and pollux emulating,the star of david in the sky on sep 11 or solomons temple,it was also a tribute to the ozmosis and art used by lucas(come and play with us Danny) the shining is a clear homage to lucas's toy and oz programming with the millenium falcon toy.

speilberg references the toy programming in close encounters polterghiest,and E.T
photo_2023-01-20_21-28-44.jpg
nice cup of tea i think
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

All Velvet wanted to do was cut off her breasts and grow a beard..?

National Velvet (1944)