Boston Dynamics Possible CGI?

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
PotatoFieldsForever

Boston Dynamics Possible CGI?

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

Maybe it's just the lighting but I have a little CGI vibe, I'm not sure why it would need to be faked. Do you see it or it is just me?

Grand Illusion

Re: Boston Dynamics Possible CGI?

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

I've had the same observations. What would be the purpose behind faking robots using CGI to the public? Is it to fool people into thinking artificial intelligence is far more advanced than it really is? Of course we're always getting faked out or fooled by what is on the screens, so I guess this is part of confusing the public about what is real or what is fake.
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

My view is that it is not just robots...it is most things that are presented to you on screens. I think ALL the Youtube commercials for Grammarly, Maybellline, etc are artificially generated from beginning to end. Complete with androgynes and MIRRORS througout. This is why they want you to view these Youtube commericals. Turn your eyes away from the screen when they come on.

Here's one...note how it ends with one eye symbolism.

Another example of this is the pre-loaded Windows wallpapers. They are nearly always a nature scene...an ARTIFICIAL nature scene with artificial colors and textures.
cmiQMyc2H2BRKcnd8FTC4k-320-80.jpg
cmiQMyc2H2BRKcnd8FTC4k-320-80.jpg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
windows-10-3840x2160-4k-5k-wallpaper-microsoft-blue-sea-woman-running-6993.jpg
pexels-james-wheeler-417074.jpg

They are attempting to re-program your subconscious with their artificial world.

Because it is not labelled as "artificially generated" by AI/SI, you are subconcsiously using their images as your baseline reference for what is "real" or artificial.
PotatoFieldsForever

I'm not surprised to see the one eye symbolism, I'm not sure you can get a job in this field without being in the "club". I even see these symbols locally, they act like the robots of this matrix who run the show.

Maybe they are trying to change my perception of reality but they have a good excuse for using CGI in the background of their videos. Whereas the robots CGI is something else, it's clear deception if I'm right of course.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

dirtybenny wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am
Another example of this is the pre-loaded Windows wallpapers. They are nearly always a nature scene...an ARTIFICIAL nature scene with artificial colors and textures.

cmiQMyc2H2BRKcnd8FTC4k-320-80.jpgwindows-10-3840x2160-4k-5k-wallpaper-microsoft-blue-sea-woman-running-6993.jpgpexels-james-wheeler-417074.jpg

They are attempting to re-program your subconscious with their artificial world.

Because it is not labelled as "artificially generated" by AI/SI, you are subconcsiously using their images as your baseline reference for what is "real" or artificial.

A hyperreality is taking place:
Allows the merging of physical reality with virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR), and human intelligence with artificial intelligence (AI).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreality

In that link, there are two books talked about that I highly recommend

Jean Baudrillard's The Gulf War Did Not Take Place:
The Gulf War Did Not Take Place.jpg
Also Daniel J. Boorstin has a book called The Image: A Guide To Psuedo Events In America. I recommend reading Chapter 6 if you don't want to read the entire book
The Image A Guide To Pseudo-Events In America.jpg
Hyperreality is the future. I can see where the powers that should not be employ a hyperreality because it would be more easy to CONtrol people. If people are in a CONfused state of mind where they are getting faked out all the time, they are in a state of ignorance which is so easy to take advantage of. An ignorant populace has to be the same old formula for control and has been going on for thousands of years. Keep people blind to the truth and that goes for what is reality.
PotatoFieldsForever

It still looks like CGI
dirtybenny

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Total propaganda piece to make you think it is normal, benign, and reasonable to have robots integrated into human life. It's all about spending your life designing a mechanical arm to move a box....sure..sure...there is no other agenda....sure.

Listen to the music in the background, notice the number of video cuts, they have at least 2 video angles on Fifi alone.

"Stretch" is capitalized like a proper name.

high level decisions about what the robot should do next..

saying hello to my team mates...integrating "properly" across teams...making sure they are not blocked and bouncing ideas off one another "in a collaborative way" Integrating groupthink and communitarianism into robots. ( I want Fifi and all of her robots blocked from my life)

How about spending your life designing a digital panopticon to enslave, demoralize, and degrade manKIND?

The only robot in this video is Evelyn or rather, Fifi. My money says she doesn't know how to bake a loaf of bread or unclog a toilet.

University of Pennsylvania
Master’s Degree Robotics3.84
2014 - 2016

Submatriculating into Robotics MSE Program

Course Work:
CIS 542 - Embedded Systems Programming
MEAM 513 - Controls
CIS 526 - Machine Translation
CIS 520 - Machine Learning
MEAM 520 - Intro to Robotics
CIS 521 - AI
CIS 500 - Software Foundations
LING 525 / CIS 558 - Computer Analysis and Modeling of Biological Signals and Systems
CIS 700 - Integrated Intelligence in Robotics
CIS 581 - Computer Vision

Software Engineering Intern
Amazon Robotics
Jun 2016 - Aug 20163 months

North Reading, MA

Virtual Performance Engineering
Worked on next generation simulation tools for the company

Worked with AWS technologies DynamoDB, SQS, S3, and various simulation software frameworks

Software Development Engineer II
Amazon Robotics
Mar 2017 - Jan 20224 years 11 months

North Reading, MA

2017-2019: Human Workcell Interface Team
2019-2022: Manipulation Applications Team
PotatoFieldsForever

How people don't see the CGI in this one is astounding. At least, one guy called it.

A physical version seems to exist but I'm not sure it can move like they say it does.

This one has more CGI vibe than the previous one
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I've had a fair bit of a look into this. Regarding spot, it does seem possible to purchase one.
https://www.bostondynamics.com/products/spot

The interesting part, when I first looked, they had a price and you could download the user manual. That's all gone now. I wonder if it's because having looked at the manual, I know the real-world claims for the product. So each time I see a video with Spot apparently taking over the world, I call bullshit on it.

At least they did talk about its price in the video.

spot price.png
spot price.png (79.67 KiB) Viewed 3680 times

But there is a much more major problem than its price. From the user manual: "Spot’s battery provides power for about 90 minutes of normal operation and about four hours in standby (sit) mode."

You get two batteries included with that price $74,500 price tag, that's 3 hours working time if you are out in the field. So maybe you want to buy a couple more batteries so you are able to work an entire shift? And another charger so you can charge batteries simultaneously.

battery.jpg

But it gets complicated if you are mid way through a task and the battery runs low,

'HOT-SWAPPING THE BATTERY
Hot-swapping is a way to exchange batteries without rebooting the robot’s computers. To hot- swap:
1. Connect the shore power cable to the robot.
2. Replace the battery inside the robot with a fully charged battery
3. Remove the shore power cable.
This is a quick way to use Spot for periods longer than a single charge.NOTE: Ensure that the power cable is inserted. Removing the battery without this will cut power to Spot’s computers; they will shut down and may not save log or runtime data."

And the user guide does warn about collisions and falls, and that they might damage spot, or if it falls on you can cause injury or death.

spot-distance.png
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

@PotatoFieldsForever, I think you are correct about the CGI. Atlas is fiction. You can't buy it, and if we believe the hype, why not, they show the robot as a finished product. Not credible. There does appear to be full size models that exist, but any time you see it moving, there is no evidence of it being any more than CGI. And TED talks don't count as proof.

But also, I think you are correct, and a lot of spot videos we see are also CGI. To create the real thing computer modelling is used, so no matter what state the physical model is, the CGI version already exists and just needs to be skinned. And the reason, CGI can be much more slick than reality. In fact, I wonder if the real item is to convince us these are physical objects, if spot exists then Atlas must also exist, wouldn't that be the reasonable logic. So Boston Dynamics is a company that creates robots, not CGI fakery.