Mary - God save the Queen

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Mary - God save the Queen

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

rachel wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:03 pm It's off the subject of Mary, but what can we trust in history? Personally, I put weight on the Wall, the Mosque...and strangely enough...the Ex cathedra declarations of the Catholic Church.
My answer to this question, is that there is very little we can trust. Books, accounts, are certainly easy to fake. Antiquarians, historians are not trustworthy. And apart from the fact that accounts may be false (and lots left out) there is the fact that environments change. The new generation simply doesn't have the context that older generations assume - eg why would a child born today know about phone boxes, taxis, going to the shops, asking a girl out on a date, etc once common place ideas fall out of consideration. The same will be true for us - eg no one considers the different infrastructure that must have been in place to run a world on horses, as it has all gone.

When you say the wall, I think you are closer. Physical structures are far harder to fake or change. And they can have their own story, that one might be able to get a clue about, via personal investigation. Additionally, you can look at the old plans and configurations of villages, towns, etc - you can confirm that the clothes shop used to be a butcher or bakers or whatever.
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

rachel wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:03 pm I'm going to suggest neither of them. And then an interesting question...why did the photographer feel the need to photo Sophie separately and add her into the picture afterwards? It's clear the same image of her has been used twice [...]
Great examples - early photography is fascinating.
-
Its equally interesting to consider the artificial nature of the photographs to reflect the artificial nature of the caracters that are portrayed.
YouCanCallMeAl

Re photography, and interesting admissions, here's an interesting article, with a digital photography focus:
https://web.archive.org/web/20230602205 ... ricks.html

inc nasa, fake pyramids, and this quote in it:
"If we really want to, we can convince folks that it's real" .. What interests Smith is "going to be to find out how far you can go away from reality and still have people follow you."
I also wrote about it here:
https://stolenhistory.net/threads/1984- ... -all.6557/
PotatoFieldsForever

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

I'm not saying not to question history, but not being able to trust history is part of the opposition's tactics.
I can understand why a Christian would say that anything that discredits the Bible is part of the opposition tactics. Moreover, Christianity is IMO the most persecuted religion in Western Europe, I don't recall a vandalized/burned mosque or synagogue and, Islam and Judaism usually benefit from a favorable coverage from the mainstream media. At the same time, it introduces a huge bias if you want to revise history, it is one of the flaws of the new chronology of Fomenko.

Personally, I don't need history to be true and I don't have a problem putting the story of Jesus on the same level as the Odyssey or the story of King Arthur, of course, the scripture itself doesn't allow this view and that is part of the reason it bothers me.
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:23 pm Re photography, and interesting admissions, here's an interesting article, with a digital photography focus:
https://web.archive.org/web/20230602205 ... ricks.html
What is quite intriguing in the coverage of digital image manipulation from end of last century, is whats left out.
-
Reading about digital imagery tools, one might clearly imagine how this technology will make it possible to fake anything from actors to monuments - in the future.
-
So, whats not appearing with a narrow focus on the future is how analogue technology already have faked the everything we now are supposed to believe only can be done in the future ! Lol - faking the Hindenburg, the Moon and JFK is pretty good evidence that analogue technology already have all the tricks* digital technology will have in the future...
-

* opinion may diverge on 911, but its clear all the footage might as well have been done in analogue with scaled models rather than Cluesforum's claims of CGI at every turn. With 30 years preparation, i would think analogue was the most reasonable choice...
YouCanCallMeAl

Great footage. At 2:42 you get several wierd visual edits and different sound edits. That footage is not filmed or presented in straightforward way, that's for sure.
PotatoFieldsForever

ladybug.jpg
Did You Know? Ladybugs Are Named for the Virgin Mary

Spotting a colorful ladybug is a sure sign that the cold of winter is gone and the warmth of summer has been ushered in. Farmers and gardeners alike love the insect for keeping away pests that eat their plants. Having one land on you even means good luck in popular folklore. But have you ever wondered just how the tiny beetle got its name? It might surprise you that the ladybug actually takes its name after the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Humanity’s agricultural endeavors have long been intertwined symbiotically with insects and other creatures that protect crops. While today ladybugs are often used as organic pest control for home gardeners and farmers, hundreds of year ago before the advent of pesticides they were often depended upon to safeguard the harvests.

“Locusts came, grasshoppers without number. They devoured every plant in the land; they devoured the crops of their fields.” – Psalms 105:34-35

As tradition goes, during the Middle Ages a plague of small insects, most likely aphids, attacked the crops and threatened Europe with starvation. The people turned to praying for the intercession of the Virgin Mary. Their prayers were answered when a cloud of tiny orange-red insects speckled with black arrived and ate the offending pests. In gratitude, the people gave them the honorary name “Our Lady’s Beetle.” Over time, this was shortened to the “ladybeetle” or the “ladybird,” and in the United States became what we know today as the ladybug.

Another tradition finds the ladybugs name in its bright red shell that bears a striking resemblance to the red cloak the Virgin Mary is often wearing in religious paintings from the time. In Europe, the most common ladybug is the seven-spotted variety. These seven spots were seen to symbolize both the Seven Joys and Seven Sorrows of Mary.
https://notredamehall.com/2020/02/19/di ... rgin-mary/
PotatoFieldsForever

Today wouldn't be complete without a Mary post.
The Assumption of Mary:
We proclaim and define it to be a dogma revealed by God that the immaculate Mother of God, Mary ever virgin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into the glory of heaven.

Pope Pius XII, 1950

I was interested in movies about "manifesting your reality" so I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun"

At first glance, the Mary symbolism could be simply explained by the fact that the story takes place in Italy but there are details that I found interesting.

Firstly, the character is called Frances, while not etymologically linked, it's associated with the word "free". She has a chocolate cake with "Freedom" written on it after her divorce:
freedom.png
I will only describe the storm scene because I think it summarizes the idea, she exclaims "Jesus" then light a lantern:
hermit.png
Mary protects her from the storm, note that in that scene, an owl is watching her:
mary.png
Life is the storm or there are storms in life depending on how you look at it, she was introduced as a writer and she chose freedom by following her heart, you could say that she writes her own story while being under the protection of Mary. There were up and down but in the end, everything worked out and she magically got her wishes come true.

I relate a lot to this, there is something strange about the synchronicity that I experience in my life, it comforts me in my belief that this place is not what we think it is.

There are others omitted details such as the sunflower, the ladybugs, the English woman Catherine with the hat hiding her from the light, ...
PotatoFieldsForever

Assuming, we can trust the accounts of water above and below our world, adding the facts that we are made of water (60-70%), that we are surrounded by the sea and that there is even some water in the air. We can draw parallels between a child in a womb and our Earth:
womb.jpg
I took the first picture with water I could find, I don't claim it's accurate:
earth.jpeg
Flip the w of water, you get mater, the Latin word for mother. I can see how these two words are linked. We can't rearrange the letters of the words water to make the word earth but it's close eartw.

Nothing new with this Mother Earth mythology but I can see how Mary could be this Mother Earth/Heart figure
immaculate_heart.jpg
To tie this to my previous post, this how I understand the "Auspice Maria", we growth in her womb and even though, the world seems like a chaotic place, we are protected.
PotatoFieldsForever

Sometimes you gotta bleed to know that you're alive and have a soul.
But it takes someone to come around to show you how

She's the tear in my heart, I'm alive
She's the tear in my heart, I'm on fire
She's the tear in my heart, take me higher than I've ever been

It's linked to the previous post.