Re: FAC1232

Unread post by napoleon »

mary poppins
now thinking about it
Nigel Tilbury

Re: FAC1232

Unread post by Nigel Tilbury »

Hi rachel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tanner_(bishop)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Nasmith

https://translate.google.com/?sl=la&tl=en&op=websites

https://archive.org/stream/BibliothecaB ... r_djvu.txt

https://archive-org.translate.goog/stre ... r_pto=wapp

I searched those key

---------

I am excited to work on this book for for some of my first serious posts

He left almost nothing in which to exercise foreign faith. Telc
for they believe that what the Italians attribute to Galileo was discovered by Bacon
the English went away; nor what he wrote about perfect art
they readily admit another interpretation. But the calendar
He affirms the amendment in such eloquent words as the very least of it
do not hesitate to add the words [On the amendment of the calendar
saw John Dee, Reformat, calendarii, p. 23. 25.] “But no
"Julius arrived at the true amount of the year, which he drank."
In the calendar I give you 365 days and a quarter of a day
"the gram, which is gathered for four years, as in
"In the year bi.ji.xt ili one day will be counted more than in others
“in common years. And Manifeltum will go through them all
con.putiilas old and new, it is fed and certified
"by the ways of altronomie, which is not the quantity of the flowering year
so much, nay, smaller: and that is less sought after by the maker
"bus eife quafi 130 part of one day, whence as if in
"In 130 years Lpcrfluus is counted one day, which fi au-
" if carried, make the calendar corrected in regard to this sin
" then." And the strength of the sulphureus was lost to him
"In all," he says,
"We wish to artificially compose the fire of con-
"Burning out of the rock of the Rock." etc. From the age of Bacon
Buit at Angios ir.athcfe»? futium: indeed there were others
who were enraged by his victories, of whom Mls. codices by Al¬
Ieno fonafle collected, among Kenclmi Digbeii Mf. codes in
I drank Bodl. they report See Panciroll. Mcm. share 2. tit. 18

c Lib. i. Mf. ol. close to Tho. Allen. Mf. Langb. vii. 393.
Summula dialcS. Prof. "The introduction is short and open." Mf.
Bodl. Digb. 204. 11 Lib. i. c Lib. i. The science of experience

------
BAK 65

in the year of Chrift's birth mccxlviii k, and there he was fepulted in the ecciefia of the Francifcans Catalogus eru¬
He mentions another Bacon, a learned man, of the wealthy college of Maridunenfis. From Leland.

Hamburg mdcxviii. 8vo. Epipht. three to Joh. Parif. what- "parts." Once Mf. close to Tho. Allen. Mf. Langb. vii.
the first word is about one word. The third, De ponderibus et fropor- 393. now Digb. 150. On the ecclesiastical audit Rob. Gr
of the elements. The second is about the mixture and the way of mixing it. Once Mf. penes Th. Allen. Commentary on Mat-
mints Mf Bodl. Digb. 119. Calendar for mere con- Leland mentions these in Antipbilarcbia, Mf
the juu^ion of J'oli and the moon should be taken. Prof. " Calendar p, 124. The utterance of three words in three epijiolis ad
"bringing forth." It is up to John Rariftenjcm to make a model of this. Prof. "When I asked Roger."
John Prideaux, royal St. Th. prof. Oxon. fuiffe teilatur Mf Bodl. Digb. 119. f. 57. Mf Bibi. coli Corp. Chr.
Ufferius A. Wood. Mf. Pitf Mf Bodl. i\EF 9. 5. Of Oxon. «23. f. joy b. at whose foot is this rtota ma-
magnet, lib. ii. "Among all the inferior things of Iapis which." no ancient: "It is clearly a great lie, Rog. Bacchus
Mf Bodl. Digb. »93. "Intimate friends, a certain one" to J. Parifienfem. The mirror of alcbiny compofed by

--------

BECKE [EDMUNDUS] was a man of witty wit, and of fair judgment, and of noble children
Lord de Stafford's founder; He published a little book which in his language he called Table Palk; In Latin, of course
Conviviales fermones, lib. i. He compiled prefaces and annotations to the Bibles. Bible in English with
prologues and annotations Edm. Becki is found in Joh. Daius Lond. mdxlix fol. In the prologues ha¬
they are in English, 1. Calendar. 2. An exhortation to study the Holy Scriptures. Prof. “Chrii unto
"the people." 3. The sum of the Old and the New Thy mind. Prof. "Firft the holy writings of." 4. De¬
dedication to King Edw. force Prof. "After long travail, greate paynes." Prof. “ Eftfoons, moft noble
"and the prince, one handfom." 5. Concerning the kings of Judah and Hierophalus. Prof. David reigned
"over Ifrael." 6. Biblical index. Prof. "As the bees diligently do gather." I drank in the book. Nor-
vicenfis More, impreflo by Jo Daius and Gul. The Chinese need the name of Edm. Becke in the title. He has
in the village of the title Calendar for xxix years. And perhaps the Biblical Index has a fupputation anno¬
rum from Ada to Chriftum by Edm. Becky. Prof. "From Adam to Noah's flood." Prologue about
of the Scriptures. Prof. "Though a man had a precious." The regift of famous names in V. and N.
. In another copy of the edition AD mdli. fol. given, 1. Calendar. 2. Dedication
to King Edward 3. Fodder 4. Explanation of difficult words. 5. Summa V. and N.Pef amenti.
6. Calculation of years. And annotations are added at the end of each chapter in this edition. Transfer
Defderius Erafni Roterod was born into the English language. Two dialogues. (fc. between Cannius and
Polyphemus; and between Beatus and Boniface.) Pr. Lucius Ann Seneca among.'' ImprelT.
He sings. by Joh. Michel. i2mo. He calls this book the first fruits of the study, and warns Jedtor that
prepare other turns. Erafni's proverbs were rendered according to the manner of speaking in English at that time: and
Averlus hurled his pen sharply at prefects and monks. He was famous AD mdl. Bale match want
p. 108.

----

* In this book Talbot also mentions I.elandus {Coi!.
them. p. 113.) Doetijfimae figures published by this Bridjutho de
the harmony of the winds and the elements. In the same book of Talbot
at Lcl. Colic?, iii. 113. Calendar, in which feJH days per
Jingles menfes are characterized by songs. “It seems (although
(I do not venture to assert with certainty) that this calendar from Bright-
"I am going to kill the little boy; so for that Comm. in the book
Bede adheres to the nature of things, fcd at the end of the author's name.
"Whoever writes, does not write uneducated." This to Leland.
In this Calendar, Lunt is noted as Menfius near Seneca. Cla¬
rushes AD cccclxxx Bal. ii. 35.

----

BUCKMASTER. [THOMAS] a cleric, a magifter of arts, and a professor of phyfices. Anezv writes
Almanack and prognojlication [or the year mdlxv, veherein is exprefs'd the chang and [ull o[ the
moon voith their quarters, the various ty o[ the air, throughout the whole year, with times convenient [or
taking medicine, etc. made [or the meridian o[ London, by Tho. Buckmafter professor of phyfic...
2 The prognostications for the sixteenth year of this Thomas are found in the Ludo Ajlronomorum by Nic. Aileen
whom you shall see. A truly Christian calendar, [and a spiritual Prognojlicatione for AD 1200
London. . . 8vo. in English Almanac for the year mdxcv.

----

BULL [HENR 1 CUS] native of Warwickenfis, femi-commenfal of the college of Magd. Oxon. mdxxxv.
and the focius of Ejufdem A. mdxl eledtus
Mary, but during the reign of Elizabeth, he was given two and many ecclesiastical benefices. It is written
and collected, in English, Chrijlianaspreces and pious meditations; among whom are many of John Brad-
ford Prof. pr. "For as much as we are in poverty." London mdlxx i2mo. mdlxxxiv. mdxcii.
mdcv. 8vo. or loin London. . . 24to. At first this book seems to have been unpublished in the year 1622.
because the calendar begins there in that year. Lydle's prayers with additions. Prof. “Before you
"I pray, forgive." I drank the letters of the martyrs. coli Emanuel. Cantabria they exist, he collected and
made a public right: for this Tho. Upchare admits that all Carelephius and others belong to Henry
He transferred the letters. Preface to the Apology of John Hooper. Prof. “It hath always been well
"pradlife:" which was published by Lond. mdlxii i2mo. He transferred it from Latin into Vernacular
Luther's commentaries in fifteen pfalmos degrees. Prof. pr. "Ye have heard me before." London
mdlxxvii 4to. Edited by Jo. Foxius the martyrologist, who prefigured the epiphtola. He died in London in
mdi xxv. Athens Oxon. Tom IP 185.

-----

in pfalmum xxii or xxlii. Prof. "The Lord is my shepherd." Prof. "In this pfalme doth David,"
Southwark. mdxxxvii izmo. from Germanic Ofiandrus fuper Who dwells, lib. i. Pjalterium
JoannisCampenfis,\\bi Pfahns and fongs drawn as is pitlendedcut of the Holy Scripture by Miles Co-
verdal Among the forbidden books, Fox. I edit 573. Apology addressed to the council of Mantua, lib. i.
I have been paraphrasing Paul to the Romans, Corinthians, and Galatians, lib. iv. Lond.MDXLix.foI. Se¬
and when a roll of them, in the name of the translator and printer, he gave to King Edward by force. Prof. “So
"mercifully did almighty God." The supplication of the people of Auflriaccnfis to King Ferdinand in
the caufa of religion with the refponf of the king. . . 8vo. Epitomen enchiridii Er af ni, Aufborough. mdxlv. 8vo.
Prognoflication in A. mdxlix, chap. 17. and the spiritual calendar, Lond. mdxlix 8vo. Gem¬
mam pretiofam (Calvini) teaching all to love the cross and awp/etli, ch. 31. Pr. "1 call that trou-
"ble and affliction." London mdlxix i6mo. The book of death, how in danger of death Chrifti-
the old man must wear fe, Lond. mdlxxix i6mo. from Germanic M. Buceri and Phil. Melanchthon's other
of the deputation in the council of Ravennapurgenfi. . . mdxlii. 8vo. Prof. gave M. Buceti, “Whanioever any
" counsel or." The hope of the faithful, fc. of the refurretlion both of Chrift, and of the bodies of no f rors. . . mdlxxix
i6mo. . . 2410. from Germ. Prof. pr. transfer "Every man must confess." Ju/lifcation ejje ex
God's free mercy, not from good works, mdlxxix. i6mo. from German The order of baptism and
Sunday dinners in Denmark and in the churches of Germany. . . . i2mo. Sermon on the altar. xci.
on the flight from Pefte, Lond. . . . 8vo. Southwark. mdxxxvii i mo. from Germ. An expofuion upon
Magnificat from Lat. at the time of Henry viii. Fox. 1 edit. 574. The original and fpring of ali fetis; from
German Ibid. The old God and the new; from Germ. Ibid. A grand old man in London at the age of 80, or
He died Jan. 8 20. mdlxxx. Fuller Eccl. yes yes ix. 64. 65. A. mdlxv juxta Strype in Parker's Life.
p. 149. however, according to pag. 241 of the same book was still alive A. mdlxvii. And in the church of St.
Eartholomaeus lies buried. Godwin. i. 476. Bal. ix. 6t.

----

with Walter F.lvefden, whom Mf. he saw Br. Twynus
close to Tho. Allen: and in Mf. Bodl. Digby 176. title f un t
In the beginning, the Fed did not exist in the book. Of the dominion of the mountains
by A. Ch. 3330 and up to 316 vi 1.— Years ab
A. Cbr. 3331! and to Mccci-xxxvi. Nicholas
I was of Lynn in the Calendar (Mf. Bodl. Laud. G. 37.)
which he said to John of Ghent, duke of Lancashire, and
as far as it goes. and hides Oxon. he did, it was time to start
The Calendar of Reverend Magiftr Gualt is finished. Elve-
deni, in the year viz. Chrifti mccclxxxvii. hence the time
where he lived may be conjectured. A. Wood. Mf. Pitf. Bal. xi. 28
Pitf. Afp. p. 847. He conjured up an index, and compiled a table of manure>-
the fijfima in the mirror of Durandi's judiciary. Prof. “Abbot, note
"that which is read." Mf. coli Caius-Gonvil. Cantabria K. 45.
no. 906