Music Videos MTV....another tool to program the masses.

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
dirtybenny

Music Videos MTV....another tool to program the masses.

Unread post by dirtybenny »

Unfortunately, I was addicted to MTV in the 1980s. My brother and I would watch it for hours hoping for a New Order video. It was literally hypnotizing. The format was no longer a band or singer performing on a stage, such as Don Kirshner's Rock Concert or the Midnight Special. This was far deeper programming, with fast moving edits, images, sigils, fashion, scenarios, and stories. It is not surprising that MTV integrated NASA and the astronauts into its themes. I am of the opinion that "music videos" are very dangerous to the subconscicous, as are television and "movies". They present impossible false realities to the senses that get overwhelmed, suppress the critical factor, and the programming ensues.

On Saturday, August 1, 1981, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time,[21][22] MTV was launched with the words "Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll," spoken by John Lack and played over footage of the first Space Shuttle launch countdown of Columbia (which took place earlier that year) and the launch of Apollo 11. The words were followed by the original MTV theme song, a vivid rock tune composed by Jonathan Elias and John Petersen, playing over the U.S. flag changed to show MTV's logo changing into different textures and designs. MTV producers Alan Goodman and Fred Seibert used this public domain footage as a concept;[23] Seibert said that they had originally planned to use Neil Armstrong's "One small step" quote, but lawyers said that Armstrong owned his name and likeness and that he had refused, so the quote was replaced with a beeping sound.[24] A shortened version of the shuttle launch ID ran at the top of every hour in different forms, from MTV's first day until it was pulled in early 1986 in the wake of the Challenger disaster.[25]

The first music video on MTV, which at the time was only available to homes in New Jersey,[26] was the Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star".
The-MTV-launch-A-minute-by-minute-breakdown-of-the-first-half-an-hour.jpg
Mtv_moon_man.jpg
Mtv_moon_man.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
Midnight_Special_TV_Show_Logo.jpg
How I ever recovered from watching videos such as this....only hypnosis healing my subconscious explains it. Although I am always happy to invoke placebo. A video such as this is literally a sensory assault. What is its purpose? I don't think it is for our health and well-being.

New Order frontman Bernard Sumner has said he is recovering from coronavirus. Speaking to Minnesota radio station The Current, he said he caught it three weeks ago, and was still experiencing mild symptoms, including a loss of sense of smell. “I was one of the lucky ones, I didn’t get it too bad,” he said, adding:

I felt I had a little bit of a temperature, but not much. I had it for four days, it went away for four days, and then it came back for four days. When it came back, it was more severe, but still not too bad. I just felt extreme fatigue, like a really bad hangover. Then it went away, and I’m OK. But I’ve heard horror stories over here [in the UK] about it. A couple of people know people who’ve died from it … It seems like Russian roulette. Like, you can get light symptoms, like me, or it can kill you. It’s crazy.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... oronavirus

Of course as I was going to research Ian Curtis from Joy Division committing suicide and the transition to New Order...what comes up on my technomystic Ouija board (google)

New Order dedicate their set to Ian Curtis as they close Benicassim 2012
The Vaccines, Spector and David Guetta also played well-received sets at the Spanish event last night (July 15)

The band opened their set with ‘Elegia’ and ‘Crystal’ before playing classic 1993 single ‘Regret’, in a setlist that ranged across the highlights of their career. “Are you having a good time?” Sumner asked the crowd. “This is just the beginning. You’re going to need to be put in a hospital by the time you go home. I could have phrased that better. You’re going to need hospitalised when you go home.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-order-45-1266688

Wizards and witches casting spells...

That is one helluva synchronicity though...

Seeing the Sex Pistols perform in Manchester in 1976 had convinced Ian that he too could make it on stage. We know what we are told of Sid Vicious and Nancy, and their mutual suicides. Sid Vicious was my previous incarnation before incarnating as db.

Was Ian Curtis another example of demonic possession leading to suicide?

Curtis’ lyrics partially reflected his real-life torment – one that wasn’t always visible, according to Sumner.

“The thing was that there was two personas, there was the Ian that hung out with us and was a good laugh and had lots and lots of fun. And then there was the persona that was expressed through his lyrics and they were, you know, poles apart, really, the two didn’t add up, and it was confusing,” Sumner said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/21/entertai ... index.html

Ian had a volatile personality, and could show different sides at different times and with different people. He could sometimes be angry and spiteful, but more often was easy-going and generous. Although his health, his career and his personal life all brought many pressures, Ian is usually recalled by those who knew him as a fun-loving person, albeit a slightly eccentric one, with a good sense of humour.
https://www.joydiv.org/iancurtis.htm
napoleon

Re: Music Videos MTV....another tool to program the masses.

Unread post by napoleon »

looking for somewhere to slip this in ,that will do