Evolution

Samson79

Evolution

Unread post by Samson79 »

Fake or proven?
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Evolution

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

What evidence can be verified for this story?
Samson79

Unread post by Samson79 »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:17 am What evidence can be verified for this story?
It's a theory, by definition. You need to update your word salad.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

@Samson79

You do realize the burden of proof is on the one making the claim of Evolution? It's not something obvious to the casual observer whatsoever. Evolution was an idea propagated to us by (frontman?) Charles Darwin hundreds of years ago. Until that point, do you really think people looked at themselves as having evolved from apes? I doubt it. Humans and apes are very different and to CONnect the two is an apples to oranges logical fallacy. I think the evolution story is another Satanic inversion of the creation, a myth to dumb people down/putting people into a fantasy reality, making people think they are animals not humans, make people think there was no creator God, support the Big Bang/Atheism narrative, give credence to the dinosaurs existed narrative and advance other agendas in our present times.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

The question, for me, is what evidence is there for any of the stories? Whether that's evolution (which has not been shown to actually occur) or religious stories. Is there any?

Personally, it seems that there is some evidence for the idea we are hybrids created by a superior intelligence. See:
http://www.macroevolution.net

He steps through evidence for humans being a monkey/pig hybrid. I wouldn't say that it accounts for everything, and I would think that there must be some further element in the mix, to explain the higher cognitive abilities.

But even if the hybrid idea is true, that still doesn't answer who created that superior intelligence - I don't know if we can get to an ultimate answer via the use of reason and evidence. Can we live with that, or must we grab a comforting story?

My view is that if we grab at stories and believe ourselves to "know" when we have not verified what we believe, we certainly will not proceed to the truth.