A Question of Principle

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
Cognitive Dissident

Re: A Question of Principle

Unread post by Cognitive Dissident »

aSHIFT.

Thank you. Please continue.
Sunshineuk

Unread post by Sunshineuk »

I was sent by my teaching agency to work for a tobacco company years ago. I went as the company were not paying my wages but I still felt dirty walking in.

Covid had taught me nearly everybody has a price but also that the end of the human race will arrive with tiny compromise upon tiny compromise. Doctors killed patients to keep their jobs, teachers put masks on toddlers, Policemen arrested pregnant women for internet posts , we're all being poisoned , sprayed on , and bankrupted because people compromise with silence. There are no heros, just employees.
Cognitive Dissident

...people compromise with silence...
One cannot silently compromise, without an other:
compromise
kŏm′prə-mīz″
noun
A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
More at Wordnik
I am not silent. No differences have been settled.

No concessions have been made, notwithstanding the standard employee/employer contractual legalities.

Acquiesce, perhaps.

I am as aware as anyone here of our near-complete capture by Oligarchy.

Do I simply opt-out and sit on the dole, waiting for the foodbank to open, watching the line lengthen with every passing week?

Eating out of a foodbank and existing on the dole will shorten your quality of life and see you dead in short order.

So too the NHS. No different.

Do I engage them instead? You apply for a job, not knowing the client. You pass stage one and it is reviewed by said client. Then onto the interview preparation. The client is revealed. You are already half-way there.

You pass the interview. A rare occurrence these days for me or anyone job-seeking. I've been four months signing on; and I get the chance to sign off for an equal four.

Yes, I will engage them instead.

Life Tip #1 when a chance to get off the government tit presents itself, take it.

Life Tip #2: nose, face, spite: don't.

Life Tip #3: martyr or saint is a false choice best left to martyrs and saints; and I am neither.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I think the best way to attack the system is individually and in your own way. This might be from the inside, or from the outside. What the opposition wants and seeks is collectivism. So for example, in Christianity, it takes over the top and changes fundamental beliefs, it captures a section of the people, but others leave to create a new Church with the original doctrine. Again it is taken over, some are captured, others leave, and so the cycle continues...

Protestant Divisions.jpg

Looking at the top, it is easy to take over completely and remain in charge, looking at the bottom, it is much harder. Therefore the Fragmentation of Christianity might not be its weakness.

The best thing to do is do your own thing and make them come for you. If everyone did that, then they don't have the resources to come for everyone. The system our controllers want to induce is "herd behaviour" for herd control, so constant crises.

I don't know if Bertrand Russell was just a useful tool; academically brilliant people aren't always worldly smart. But it's interesting, I was reading some of his quotes and this one stuck out in context to the CORONAVIRUS.
Collective fear stimulates herd instinct. - Bertrand Russell

We can assume our controllers intended to invoke "herd instinct" with COVID, and then bait-and-switch with AGENDA 21. I actually like the "21" designation better, as it stands for the 21st Century, and it's interesting its official start date was September 11, 2001, as 2001 is the year the 21st Century actually began, and September 11th, is Christ's birthday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_behavior
Herd behavior is the behavior of individuals in a group acting collectively without centralized direction. Herd behavior occurs in animals in herds, packs, bird flocks, fish schools and so on, as well as in humans. Voting, demonstrations, riots, general strikes, sporting events, religious gatherings, everyday decision-making, judgement and opinion-forming, are all forms of human-based herd behavior.

Raafat, Chater and Frith proposed an integrated approach to herding, describing two key issues, the mechanisms of transmission of thoughts or behavior between individuals and the patterns of connections between them. They suggested that bringing together diverse theoretical approaches of herding behavior illuminates the applicability of the concept to many domains, ranging from cognitive neuroscience to economics...

Symmetry-breaking
Asymmetric aggregation of animals under panic conditions has been observed in many species, including humans, mice, and ants. Theoretical models have demonstrated symmetry-breaking similar to observations in empirical studies. For example, when panicked individuals are confined to a room with two equal and equidistant exits, a majority will favor one exit while the minority will favor the other.

Possible mechanisms for this behavior include Hamilton’s selfish herd theory, neighbor copying, or the byproduct of communication by social animals or runaway positive feedback.

Characteristics of escape panic include:
  • Individuals attempt to move faster than normal.
  • Interactions between individuals become physical.
  • Exits become arched and clogged.
  • Escape is slowed by fallen individuals serving as obstacles.
  • Individuals display a tendency towards mass or copied behavior.
  • Alternative or less used exits are overlooked.
Cognitive Dissident

Herd behavior is the behavior of individuals...
No.

It is the behaviour of the herd!

Pedantry is an essential skill these days. :D
Cognitive Dissident

A little music. Genesis. Everyone loves Genesis:

Alpha Male.
Cognitive Dissident

Cognitive Dissident

Simply put: You are either in or you are out.
Cognitive Dissident

Still here.
Cognitive Dissident