A Question of Principle

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
Cognitive Dissident

A Question of Principle

Unread post by Cognitive Dissident »

I am in a quandary. I have been put forward by an employment agency for a job interview today with an NGO with whom I am ideologically opposed.

Should I even have the interview? What if I get the job? It's only a four-month contract but it has the potential to go permanent. The pay is okay.

They are an urban land use think-tank. They are Woke. Their website and Twitter page, which I won't post just yet, just in case, is all ESG, DEI and climate change.

They are linked to the WEF.

Because of course.

I'm concerned that if I did get it, they would eventually suss me out. I have no doubt.

I'm being serious.
Cognitive Dissident

Re: A Question of Principle

Interview over. The wait begins...
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

It might be worth taking it if you get it to see things from the inside. I worked in a red brick university, because I was in IT support, I actually was present at meetings, etc, that would normally be above my pay grade. I don't talk about any of those specifics, but it has informed certain things I call out bullshit or fake.

Are you leaving a job to go there? The first thirty days, you are not bound by your contract. You can say, sorry, this isn't for me and walk out. I've done that.
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

Cognitive Dissident wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:20 am Interview over. The wait begins...
if you don't get the slave job, what is the lesson for you?

and why would you put aside your principles, your chosen title, for "ok pay" against all the shite you will hate from day 0 (already before).

How old are you?
Which year are we living in?

Why do you do this to yourself?

And if you have children, why to them, you give the WRONG, from principle, example, your only job as a parent.

once you start your slave job, you have lost ALL your credibility of what you spout around here.

Life is not about the words your speak
It is about the wise actions you take

philos sophos - loving wisdom
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

rachel wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:34 am It might be worth taking it if you get it to see things from the inside. I worked in ....
many current awake people have worked within the Building of the Beast. Me too, and I share my experiences and especially lessons of those times on air.

but times are different now. October 26th 2020, The Great Remindset, anyone?, or are yous all suffering from goldfish memories...?

now you can, must and will be jabbed by ALL the poisoned darts, not only the literal ones.

and in a """woke""" bullshit community there are more darts than imaginable.

you learn more from studying the Communist Practices to Curtail the Public to understand and combat cultural marxism
than immersing yourselves in that ultra-toxic, demonically depressing and from the core non-sensical so non-sense to spend your valuable TIME on.

someone getting offered a job at CERN at least gets the chance for a unique inside peek, still it's wrong as hell (haha), but there is an upside to make.

joining the purple haired freaq brigade, the engineered punk generation of 40 years after the last one, there is no upside

Questions of Principles :

do you take someone claiming "on air" (doesn't matter how, in script, voice, anyway anyhow at the Fakeologist platforms or elsewhere spouting """awakeness of the Animal Farm" ideas) to be

a pacifist who starts working for the armed military
a vegan who starts working for a meat packaging company
a teetolar who starts working for a booze factory

anyone who should realize their own expotential (thank you learnstar) and not enslave themselves to those Demons they dare to damnate on air...

seriously ?

seriously?

in former, better times, these hypocrites and culture cancer spreaders, were kicked out of the Village (Pueblo means both village AND peoples) with tar and feathers

those practices existed because of what we need to do to keep any insightful community, in this case merely looking at media and psience fakery, but there is so much more related to that which Ab luckily allows to be shown, Fakeopedia and his Fakeotube are the examples, just as the former audio chats where freeflow of thoughts was the norm....

social auditing is the glue of any successful community
and it's simple, if we don't keep each other straight (meaning correct, just, doing the right, not the wrong thing, like Cognitive Dissident is going for), the Government or worse, the Woke Brigade Terrowrists come to do that for you. According to (((their))) Nuremberg "Laws"...

Don't Work For Zem Nazis

(it's insane I have to explain this to a mature crowd, in fecking 2023, you behave like we live in 1890s Sheffield where you have to camellar (work hard) for 14 hours a day to keep your family fed.... big phat BS)
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

Its interesting that you are considering employment as a moral decision. This indicates to me that morality is a concern you factor in.

I couldn't answer what's right for another to do - this would be your decision. But I think it's always worth considering the golden rule for appraising moral situations - ie do into others as you would have done or, even more clearly, don't do unto others as you wouldn't have done.

How that plays out for you, is your decision. But if you become aware that you are harming others, and carry on, then I suspect that decision will become something you have to revisit.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

From Paul, if you want a Bible verse...

1 Corinthians:23-33 - 10 All to God’s Glory
“Everything is permissible,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is edifying. No one should seek his own good, but the good of others.

Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof.”

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat anything set before you without raising questions of conscience. But if someone tells you, “This food was offered to idols,” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience—the other one’s conscience, I mean, not your own. For why should my freedom be determined by someone else’s conscience? If I partake in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks?

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God. Do not become a stumbling block, whether to Jews or Greeks or the church of God—as I also try to please everyone in all I do. For I am not seeking my own good, but the good of many, that they may be saved.

So, anything you do to get along and win people to the right side is acceptable, but it may not be good for you. Your good conscience will determine what falls into this category. A legalist on the other hand will look to the letter of the law to see what they can get away with. But. if someone openly asks you to partake in something that you know is wrong, you must decline, as your agreement might serve to encourage them in the act.
Cognitive Dissident

I won't be making or implementing policy. I'll be a mere minion, a minnow, and a temporary one at that.

Again.

The organisation is the Urban Land Institute.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Investigative journalists sometimes join the company they want to report on.
Cognitive Dissident

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

The dole or a job. I've been here before.

On the horns of a dilemma there is never a good choice.