Truth in the World of Evil

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
PotatoFieldsForever

Truth in the World of Evil

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

I think this scene summarizes what evil is: (correct time code)

Bedazzled is a movie in which a guy is granted 7 wishes by the devil in exchange of his soul, what seems like a joke for the first wish actually gives us I think a glimpse of truth. The guy wishes for a Big Mac and a large Coke so they go to the McDonald to order what he wanted and he even has to pay for it. With the exception of the last wish, everything he wished for was more or less attainable through hard work and dedication.

While truth helps in deprogramming us from the shark mentality of this society, I think the real work is done in the heart, we have to become unselfish to obtain salvation otherwise we belong in this world. What good is it to follow rules to be saved if the intention is not at the right place? maybe that's why we are kept in the dark.

This world looks like a place where "Satan" tests people on the behalf of God. To me, the lies have a divine purpose in this world, it has to feel wrong by design.

Here's an example of the use of a "selfish" individual to deliver a good message

I'm not throwing stones at anyone but it seems to be how Satan operates.
YouCanCallMeAl

Re: Truth in the World of Evil

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

While I know what you mean... why do you think Satan is real? Why couldn't it be aliens, an ai supercomputer, a powerful djinn, Anu, a figment of your imagination, something else. I know a lot of people believe in the bible... but how did any of them get their information? Is there any reason to think it's not just a cool story?
PotatoFieldsForever

I don't know if the entity Satan exists but that is why I've posted the movie scene where the devil is not really needed, one has only to desire something to generate evil.

About the part where I said that we are being tested by Satan, I think we can agree that we are pushed by society to succumb to our desires, Satan is not needed but it summarizes the idea, a lot of evil things could be attributed to this, I've been clearly influenced by the idea of the tree of knowledge of good and evil from the bible and the fall of man, the name of this place too, Earth / Heart.

But ultimately why do I think it is the divine plan? it's more of an intuition, we can feel when we do something wrong, not everyone and sometimes it's more about the intention than the result but we came with the feeling of guilt built-in, when we lie we don't feel good, again not everyone but I don't know if we all play the same part here.
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

what about the loch ness monster
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

The Hebrew term śāṭān (Hebrew: שָׂטָן) is a generic noun meaning "accuser" or "adversary", and is derived from a verb meaning primarily "to obstruct, oppose".

In the Old Testament, the prophet Ezekiel takes up an oracle against the human ruler of Tyre, an arrogant person smug enough to claim to be a god himself (28:2). God plans to bring this prince down a notch.

But while Ezekiel preaches against this ruler, he seems to make several allusions to a similar story on a cosmic scale. In fact, the prophet says a few things that point all the way back to the Garden of Eden:

“You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God […] you were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones” (28:12–14).
Later in the oracle, Ezekiel tells us that this being had a pride problem similar to the prince of Tyre’s: “Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor” (28:17).

This being is punished: he’s expelled from Eden to a new domain: earth and the underworld.
PotatoFieldsForever

I've used the word Satan as a loose term for lack of a better one, sticking to the bible description is restrictive and I've also explained how this entity doesn't need to exist for these concepts to apply.

Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

YouCanCallMeAl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:34 pm While I know what you mean... why do you think Satan is real? Why couldn't it be aliens, an ai supercomputer, a powerful djinn, Anu, a figment of your imagination, something else. I know a lot of people believe in the bible... but how did any of them get their information? Is there any reason to think it's not just a cool story?
So in your view, you don't think Satan or demons exist? It makes sense to me that evil would come from Satan and demonic spirits.

Are all machines, man made demons? Is technology magick that came from demons or the Lord of Darkness? Is artificial intelligence another demonic idea?

Also if Satan and demons don't exist then why am I seeing the worshiping of Satan happening more and more in our pop culture reality? All these awards ceremonies for music feature Satanic elements and it's hard to ignore how blatant it has become over the years.

What are your thoughts on the idea that Freemasons worship Satan? These secret societies are possibly serving a master who rivals the creator God, trying to invert the creation.
YouCanCallMeAl

Is there really an entity called Satan out there? I've never seen it. I don't understand how it works.

Could it be an idea? That things we don't like or hurt us are 'evil' caused by 'evil entities' eg Satan. What I'm saying is that perhaps we characterise/anthropomorphise elements of the external world from neutral into things that have positive or negative agency.

I'm saying that this says more about us, than it does about the reality.

I'm not saying that there are not commonly held views about good or bad actions (moral actions) and that these ideas are being faithfully relayed from an innate moral sense. I think we can say certain actions of others with agency (other people then) are right or wrong.

This is as close as I can get to an objective idea of good or evil - that we really do have an innate moral sense (I think I do, and see it in the actions of others). Rather than good/evil though I prefer to talk about right/wrong actions for the individual - good/evil seems to me to be a personification of an idea - I simply don't see any evidence of good/evil in the material world, despite many claims.
YouCanCallMeAl

PS - the personifications eg of Satan, demons, or more positive characters etc might be useful to learn about morality, eg for kids, but I also think they play a role in the control structure. Eg if someone says they have seen such-and-such, or that they have a special connection to the spiritual world, this would be a manipulation that could be used to control others. It's not a world away from viruses frankly - experts/priests/etc need to intermediate a reality for us that we are personally unable to verify for ourselves.

No idea what masons are upto.