The Solemnity of the Coronation Ceremony

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
PotatoFieldsForever

The Solemnity of the Coronation Ceremony

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

I watched the coronation ceremony of King Charles III and obviously it was a religious ceremony but I found that seeing all these people praising Jesus Christ was an unusual sight. Here are some parts that involved the King:

Child of His Majesty’s Chapel Royal, addresses The King
YOUR Majesty, as children of the kingdom of God we welcome you in
the name of the King of kings.
The King replies
In his name and after his example I come not to be served but to serve.

THE PRESENTING OF THE HOLY BIBLE
The Right Reverend Dr Iain Greenshields, Moderator of the General Assembly of the
Church of Scotland, receives the Bible from the Dean of Westminster and presents it
to The King, saying
Sir, to keep you ever mindful of the law and the Gospel of God as the
Rule for the whole life and government of Christian Princes, receive
this Book, the most valuable thing that this world affords. Here is Wisdom;
this is the royal Law; these are the lively Oracles of God.
THE OATHS
The Moderator receives the Bible and places it before The King. The King stands and
the Archbishop says
YOUR Majesty, the Church established by law, whose settlement you
will swear to maintain, is committed to the true profession of the
Gospel, and, in so doing, will seek to foster an environment in which
people of all faiths and beliefs may live freely. The Coronation Oath has
stood for centuries and is enshrined in law.
Are you willing to take the Oath?
The King replies
I am willing.

The King kneels before the Altar and says
GOD of compassion and mercy whose Son was sent not to be served
but to serve, give grace that I may find in thy service perfect freedom
and in that freedom knowledge of thy truth. Grant that I may be a blessing
to all thy children, of every faith and belief, that together we may discover
the ways of gentleness and be led into the paths of peace; through Jesus
Christ our Lord. Amen.
I can't put it all but you will find the rest here:
https://downloads.bbc.co.uk/tv/0605BBCCROOS.pdf
PotatoFieldsForever

Re: The Solemnity of the Coronation Ceremony

Even the reading of the Bible from the PM Rishi Sunak was not something you see everyday.

(Colossians 1: 9–17)
FOR this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray
for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his
will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy
of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and
increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might,
according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with
joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be
partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us
from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his
dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the
forgiveness of sins: who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of
every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and
that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him,
and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

This is the word of the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Might I suggest the videos in this post for people who are interested in an explanation.

King Charles III's Coronation

The king only exists as an institution through the lens of Christianity. Charles wanted a different ceremony but the lawyers won and said no, impossible. As I keep saying to my fellow commonwealth brethren, if you get rid of the Bible, you get rid of the cornerstone that created common law, freedom under the law. This is the freedom Jesus Christ has always offered. And he says, it's fine if you don't want it, but I will give you over to your natural depravity. This is the game the globalist play, and why they spend so much time propagandising us that God does not exist, and Jesus Christ isn't the King of kings; that instead there is a soul trap, that there are aliens, that we come from apes, etc. etc.

But then something like the coronation happens, or when the Queen died and Charles had to scoot up to Scotland to be present to sign the Union contract else lose the kingship of Scotland. These are the things that reveal to us the duck feet frantically paddling under the surface while the body of the duck seeks to give the appearance none of these things matter. And I suggest why Charles looks so sad here.

FvcW66WWYAANYej.jpg

What the lawyers no doubt said to him, if you change this ceremony, you have just given up your family's right to be the British monarchy. Because the whole institution is set up on the basis the God through Jesus has entrusted this responsibility to you, and it is the claims that Jesus Christ makes about himself that stops the ceremony being changed. Because if Charles was to in any way deny Jesus's claim of uniqueness, then the Crown no longer takes its power to rule from God. In that case Charles just becomes another man pretending to be king.

Anyway, I'd suggest the link pointed to above if you want a clearer academic answer.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I do wish King Charles III well, maybe in being king he might wake up to what the office actually means.

Remember, on the Chess Board, in many ways the King has less ability to move than a Pawn.
PotatoFieldsForever

But then something like the coronation happens, or when the Queen died and Charles had to scoot up to Scotland to be present to sign the Union contract else lose the kingship of Scotland. These are the things that reveal to us the duck feet frantically paddling under the surface while the body of the duck seeks to give the appearance none of these things matter. And I suggest why Charles looks so sad here.
That is what I was feeling, some of the oaths were specific to the UK but it felt like he was given this position by God in exchange of his services.
PotatoFieldsForever

It's interesting to note that the version of the Bible used for the coronation was the King James Bible
coronation_bible.png
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ng-charle/
The 2023 Coronation Bible contains a reproduction of the typeset text of the 1611 Authorized Version, commonly known as the King James Bible after the first monarch to commission a translation of the Bible into English. That reproduction was first made for a 2010 commemorative edition.
It seems to be the same for the inauguration of the president of the US
us_bible0.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wa ... ural_Bible
The Bible is the King James Version, dated 1767, complete with the Apocrypha and elaborately supplemented with the historical, astronomical and legal data of that period.
us_bible1.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Bible
The Bible is an Oxford University Press edition of the King James Bible.
I don't know if it holds true for every coronation and inauguration but I guess that it helps the case of the KJV only people.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

The King James Bible was the first complete English translation off the printing press, 1611. There were other earlier versions, the Tyndale Bible was the most popular during the Reformation, but incomplete because he was executed by the Catholic Church before it was finished. When King James became king of both Scotland and England he commissioned a translation to be used in all Churches throughout his kingdom. His thinking, "if there is only one Word, then there can only be one Bible translation". So the KJV became, and still is, the Authorised Text of the Church of England and throughout the United Kingdom; It sits in all common law courts, because it is from where we derive our laws and customs.

I'll put this up as it's something I didn't know.

YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

If humans are "herdy", perhaps the coronation ritual (or election rituals for that matter) cause us to accept these "leaders" and their guidance. Like bees in a hive accepting a new queen. Human acceptance of the change is made easier with a little ritual and some personal involvement (watching the carriage, waving a flag, dissenting, etc).

I'm saying, that the ritual (coronation/voting) is empty - nothing meaningful has changed. It certainly feels like that to the individual. I'm saying that the ritual itself is the point - it is a show that is accepted as real. To the herd, having observed the show, it feels like a new leader happened and that "we" broadly agree with whatever transpired.
PotatoFieldsForever

It's hard to explain but I don't think we are totally free, the "universe/people/God" will block you if you take a road that you are not supposed to take. For whatever reason, this guy was born to be a King. Same with the billionaires or celebrities, despite their high position in society, they are less free than the average Joe because I think the society is supposed to be ran a certain way.

Yesterday, when I saw this ceremony where the King is given the throne by God and that he has to serve and not be served, somehow it made sense.
YouCanCallMeAl

Unread post by YouCanCallMeAl »

I've no idea about whether god goes around blocking people, or whether it was predetermined that Charles was going to be king. Nor am I sure whether my dog has a better life than me, because of his lesser responsibilities, nor whether we have worse or better lives than billionaires. I don't have much time for predestination ideas really, it seems like I have freewill, so I'll go with that.

But, I think you can say that a part of how free we are, relates to what you think. Free will is not an 'on/off' state, it is a scale.

Eg if it never occurs to you that there are viable options to live that that don't involve kings or elections, those options won't be ones you consider. You would have less plausible choices - that would make you less free. But you would be unaware of the fact.