Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell 'pranked' by the Fake Zelensky

PotatoFieldsForever

Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell 'pranked' by the Fake Zelensky

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

The head of the US central bank appears to be the latest personality to fall prey to a pair of Russian pranksters.

A video call with Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell was shared on Russian television from the duo, whose prior targets include Prince Harry and former German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The Fed said Mr Powell had spoken to someone in January he thought was Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

It said it had referred the matter to law enforcement.

"It was a friendly conversation and took place in a context of our standing in support of the Ukrainian people in this challenging time," a spokesperson said. "No sensitive or confidential information was discussed."

Comedians Vladimir Krasnov and Alexei Stolyarov - known as Vovan and Lexus - claimed credit for the stunt.

They previously claimed to have pranked the likes of Elton John, Polish President Andrzej Duda, the head of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde, and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65414175

I saw a passage of the interview with Christine Lagarde but I didn't know the context behind it.

I find it hard to believe that so many prominent figures got pranked, one of them getting pranked would already be an exploit.