CHRONOLOGY 2.0 - "Et si les récentistes avaient raison ?"

PotatoFieldsForever

CHRONOLOGY 2.0 - "Et si les récentistes avaient raison ?"

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

It's a French documentary made by the group Chronology 2.0 presented by Roch Saüquere. It comes with French subtitles so you can select them then use the auto-translate function to have decent English subtitles.
Unreal

Re: CHRONOLOGY 2.0 - "Et si les récentistes avaient raison ?"

Unread post by Unreal »

PotatoFieldsForever wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:37 am It's a French documentary made by the group Chronology 2.0 presented by Roch Saüquere. It comes with French subtitles so you can select them then use the auto-translate function to have decent English subtitles.
-
Truly a great collection of revisionnist history moments including Pompeii, Giza Pyramids, "Ancient" Rome and even some interesting alternatives to the not-so-ancient tales of Plato's Atlantis. Thanks for finding this video @PotatoFieldsForever.
-
There are currently three movies in this series, after the Chronology 2.0 "What if the recentistes were right?", there is Chronology 2.1 "Civilised"
-
PotatoFieldsForever

I hesitated to share it but I didn't find 2.1 and 2.2 as good as the first one, and even the 2.0 is not without issues but there are good bits in it.

The "RDV with Roch" series is interesting but it's a mix of topics, it starts with space conquest, he also covers, fakery in archeology (Tutankhamen, Lascaux cave, ..), the pyramids of Giza, dinosaurs, nuke hoax, oil scarcity.

I don't think the guy is totally honest but I enjoyed parts of his videos.
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

PotatoFieldsForever wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:58 am I hesitated to share it but I didn't find 2.1 and 2.2 as good as the first one, and even the 2.0 is not without issues but there are good bits in it.
-
What exactly were your issues with the "Recentists" series 2.0 ?
-
I'll try to listen to the "RDV with Roch" series as well. In general i find the "Recentisme" series (2.0, 2.1) really good as it not only discards a thousand years from the current narrative, but actually tries to establish how history by and large seems to stem from the medieval time and the development of iron which is a quite rational stance.
-
The difficult part is of course we often rush to find out the "why" before we have considered the overall information we actually do possess. Love the fact the've found the maps and documents that show for instance how Pompeii was an actual city up to 1631... I'm nevertheless also skeptical about "natural phenomena" like the Pompeii volcano eruption in itself - but the general idea here is sound and informative.
-
Not many "truthers" do go in depth to history in general, and i really distrust all the Russian propaganda (Fomeko & other YT russian channels). I did enjoy Florin Diacu's "The Lost Millennium" (2005 book) and more recently the german "New Chronology" researchers on "phantom time" such as Illig (Fantomzeit) and Uwe Topper (Ilya website).
PotatoFieldsForever

Thanks for the links.
Unreal wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:39 pm What exactly were your issues with the "Recentists" series 2.0 ?
I feel like the documentary doesn't consider enough the counterarguments that could be opposed to the evidences it is presenting, for instance, the Gallia maps part seems weak on its own and it's at the beginning, surely there are books that would contradict/support his argument, others parts are solid, Pompei, Giza plateau.

Overall, I'm already opened to the possibility of a new chronology so this documentary is fine for me.
Unreal

Unread post by Unreal »

PotatoFieldsForever wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:53 pm the Gallia maps part seems weak on its own and it's at the beginning
Ha ! I'd agree in as much as this group is French and that they do have in parts a quite French perspective. But not as bad a bias as Fomenko and Jerusalem rebuilt in Moscow !
-
The main issue with Chronology 2.0 might be the fact its seemingly an anonomous group spearheaded by Roch Saüquere who owns the magazine "Top Secret" (french) that popularizes a host of conspiracy topics in order to promote the magazine and related products. The "group" might therefore just be the Top Secret team, and their material mostly collected elsewhere, yet still cleverly assembled.
-
Saüquere - Soccer/Sucker
(phonetic anagram)
Roch - Rock - Berg
(deliberate jewish name affiliation)
-
Part of outline of the Chronology 2.0 group that seems rather solid comes from a French researcher called Didier Lacapelle who recently has released a two-book series on the origin of religion - in french... Not sure if you (@PotatoFieldsForever) or those who follow this thread speak or understand french, but hereunder is the first part of his 3 part presentation of his work.
-
Récentisme des religions partie 1
10 K views - 21 Feb 2021 - 2:54 (h:mm)

PotatoFieldsForever

I've seen the video "initiation au récentisme" from Didier Lacapelle, I was interested by the presentation of his book on the history of religion but it's a bit long so I haven't watched it yet.

He has a website where he covered various topics related to history.
https://theognose-wordpress-com.transla ... r_pto=wapp

I'm not sure if he's the source material for the Top Secret magazine since he says that he read a few of them on this topic.

I think Roch Saüquere has a hidden agenda on top of making money out of conspiracies.