Note strong shadows:
A11-69.png
911-light.gif
911-light.gif (17.14 MiB) Viewed 6303 times

Distance expelled pieces fly out.
rachel

Re: dioramas

Unread post by rachel »

Making a paper model diorama skyscrapers city 1:1800 scale - Empire States Building, New York City

I printed, cut, folded and glued 30 skyscrapers and over 200 cars on a A4 size miniature diorama city in 1:1800 scale. If you know the area in real life, you will notice that these buildings are not together like this, but I don`t care. I chose the buildings I liked and put them together. I hope you like them as well.

You can download the Empire State Building here... (see youtube page)
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

They've been playing this trick ever since photography was invented. It's not a coincidence that just as the Victorians created a permanent way of making an image from a camera obscura stick, they suddenly gained a taste for perfectly scaled doll's houses.

Camera obscura, 1646
Camera obscura, 1646
Camera obscura, 1646. A double camera obscura, rather out of scale, showing an image of a man burning in Hell. The image was produced by light from a lamp which travelled down the lens and through one of the movable slides to project the image onto the wall. These demonstrations eventually resulted in the birth of the magic lantern. Plate from Ars Magna Lucis Et Umbrae by Athanasius Kircher, (1646). (Photo by Oxford Science Archive/Print Collector/Getty Images)

OOAK Fitzwilliam Victorian Dollhouse Tour

Mini Versions Of Cities Made Out Of Legos | Art Insider

ScreenShot-VideoID-mRmI76-j6sY-TimeS-57.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-mRmI76-j6sY-TimeS-43.png
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

i love the detail ,theres so much thought and prep goes in ,same when filming them cant have regular rain as the drops are too big,or the woods used are special types tiny grain etc etc ,oh and lucas and coppola called their company american zoetrope
Cafe_Zoetrope_Building.jpg
lovely colour ,these boys are the chaps behind return to oz ,even lucas was gonna direct apocalypse now ,little troupe of psinemagicians
5gUp82T1JdAZ5Rrl08PYcD71588 (1).jpg
American Zoetrope is a privately run American film production company, centered in San Francisco, California and founded by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas.
sorry iwent off!! ha ha ,yes the attention to detail is beyond remarkable.
no miniatures in this just some zoetropes n fun ,i love the miniatures ,remember though for the twin towers were talking probably close to 40 foot is my guess.
napoleon

love antiques roadshow ,always watched it next to me mam on the couch ,well resting on the arm ,usually nipping back and forth with biccy's and a brew, i do remember this one ,thanks doll no pun intended ,you made my dayx
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Yes, it's interesting about the scaling, there are plenty of different scales, they may have used more than one scale, we know in Space 1999 they had a number of different scales.

s1999 jerry and sylvia anderson.jpg
s1999 anderson.jpg

Then they get the E-team to rig the actual towers with explosives to match the models.

911 Prep: The B-Thing

ScreenShot-VideoID--fMc50imEI8-TimeS-120.png

Interestingly enough, listening to this, note the amount of contributors. If 9//11 was a Royal Commission, it explains why no one has anything to say on the topic. The only reason I can speak freely is that I'm not under The Law, I'm under Grace.

Queen Mary's Dolls' House - Part 1

It is built to outlast us all, to carry on into the future and different world this pattern of our own. It is a serious attempt to express our age and to show forth in dwarf proportions the limbs of our present world.

Queen Mary's doll's house is the world's largest most beautiful and most well-known dollhouse. It was designed by British architect Sir Edwin Lutens between 1921 and 1924, for Queen Mary, consort of King George V, and features contributions from over 1500 artists, craftsmen and manufacturers of the time.

No detail was overlooked, from life below stairs to the high society setting of the saloon and dining room, from a library brimming with original works by the day's top literary talents, to a fully stocked wine cellar and a garden designed by Gertrude Jekyll. Electricity, hot and cold running water and working elevators are all included in the house, each room is completely furnished and ready for you to explore.

Princess Marie Louise, King George V's cousin, and a childhood companion of Queen Mary designed the palace. She felt that the queen, who adored all things small and decorative, would like the house; and it was to be given to her in the years following World War One. Sir Edwin Luchans, a friend of the princess, was the architect; they formed a committee to decide on the house's style, and to ensure that all of its items were of the best possible quality and correctly scaled. The group determined that the house should be built as a collaborative event, with the expense and work being shared among as many people as possible. Luthien's staged frequent Dalaluya dinners at the Savoy to entice contributors on board. These events were a success and the finished mansion was the work of 250 artisans and manufacturers, 60 interior designers, 700 artists, 600 writers' and 500 contributors. Sir Edwin Luchans designed the house in the style of Palladio, also drawing inspiration from Enigo Jones and Sir Christopher Wren. The completed model varied very little from his original sketches, his biggest concern was how to create a way to lift the outer shell from the house so that all sides could be seen at one time. Here is an original sketch from Luthien's, showing a cross section of the house with the king's bedroom in the center. Luchens had a sense of humor, which he shows in this drawing see the maid taking a bath.

Taking the marble staircase up to the second floor you will find the kings and queens suites, each room is decorated with specially made items to accommodate the needs of its occupant. The queen's chamber is covered in a blue gray damask which was the style in the 1920s, the king's ceiling was painted by George Plank, who also did work in the garden. The mattresses on both beds are made with horse hair, which sit atop an actual box spring mattress; hot water bottles can even be found between the sheets.

The public was able to catch a glimpse into the family life of the royal family when the house was on display at the empire exhibition. Two bedrooms, four lobbies and six other rooms occupied the space of the top floor. Each room was filled with replicas of the family members' personal memorabilia and represented the family life of the children. There was even the housekeeper's room and the linen room as well. This family life is especially noticeable in the day nursery, which is filled with English and Indian toys, a model train station, a theater set which shows two scenes from Peter Pan, and it even has a working curtain. A working miniature merry-go-round can also be seen, there's even a jar which contains real barley sugar sticks.

It took 70 people to create the gramophone, which can be wound and has the record 'God Save The King' on it. Queen Mary banished it to the nursery because the king hated them. There is a miniature piano to be found here as well, interestingly it is fully strung and never needs tuning. Lastly, in the day nursery can be found a replica of a more recent invention, the wireless cabinet receiver or a radio, which was introduced to Britain in 1920. This one of course is non-operational.

In the queen's sitting room one could discover a jade figurine collection in a cabinet, as well as an unfinished embroidery project, there is also a set of paints with actual paint.

I hope that you have enjoyed the first part of this exploration of queen Mary's doll's house. In the next part i will be showing and discussing some more areas of the house including the saloon, dining room, library, and the many paintings, prints and other pieces of art that can be found within the walls of this unique and intricately detailed doll's house.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I was looking for 2000 picture of Donald Trump and came across this article.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/64 ... tacks-book
Did Donald Trump predict 9/11 attacks? Tycoon made shock warning in 2000 book
Tue, Feb 23, 2016

US Presidential hopeful Donald Trump "warned" of the horrific September 11 attack on the World Trade Center in a book published less than two years before the world's worst terror strikes happened, it is being claimed.

While laying into the then President Bill Clinton, Trump's book The America We Deserve, referenced fears of an atrocity on the Twin Towers and named Osama Bin Laden as a threat to the United States.
In the book, published in January 2000, he referred to the 1993 less severe attack on the Twin Towers. He said the US was in danger of “the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the [1993] bombing of the World Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers”.

He also spoke of the emerging threat of Osama Bin Laden not being taken seriously enough, adding: “One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and US jet fighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan.

"He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis."

It a later section he wrote: "We know who and what the threats are. The problem is that we’re totally mishandling them.”
The revelation has made Trump an unlikely hero among conspiracy theory circles with some branding him a modern-day Nostradamus and others hoping he will expose the "truth about the run-up to 9/11 within the US" if elected...

The book published in January 2000 in which a younger Trump made the remarks
The book published in January 2000 in which a younger Trump made the remarks

trump-tower.jpg

I was looking for an effect to make it look more like a thumbnail, but this random filter is good at pointing to it. And here's a gif of the real thing, taken from '9/11: Conspiracy Road Trip'.

trump-cloud.gif
trump-cloud.gif (9.79 MiB) Viewed 6071 times

Here's the thumbnail, because it is also rather interesting. Do you see the 'S' - is that for Superman..? Or is it a Serpent?

thumbnail.png
thumbnail.png (28.36 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

May as well add the following to this thread, it will make it easier to find.

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

napoleon wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:17 pm Image
chimney sweep.jpg
chimney sweep.jpg (22.26 KiB) Viewed 4010 times

Do you see him @napoleon

Mary Poppins - Chim Chim Cher-ee

[BERT]
Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee
A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be
Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim cher-oo
Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you
Or blow me a kiss, and that's lucky too

Now as the ladder of life 'as been strung
You may think a sweep's on the bottom-most rung
Though I spends me time in the ashes and smoke
In this ol' wide world, there's no 'appier bloke

[BERT, JANE & MICHAEL]

[BERT]
I choose me bristles with pride, yes I do
A broom for the shaft and a brush for the flue
You might also like
Jingle Bells
Christmas Songs
Gimme Love
Sia
Once Upon A Dream
Lana Del Rey
Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
Where there's 'ardly no day and 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light
On the rooftops of London - coo, what a sight!

[BERT & MARY, BOTH]
When you're with a sweep, you're in glad company
Nowhere is there a more 'appier crew
Than them wot sings, "Chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo"
Chim chiminey, chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo
napoleon

mary poppins is sexy ,im so sorry
04 (1).jpg
04 (2).jpg
reckon soon they will make a mary poppins film true to legend ,some black magic shit going on ,is nothing sacred xxxx

yes i see see bert