Dodos are Fake

General chatter that doesn't fit any forums below.
aSHIFT.

Re: Dodos are Fake

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

oh I absolutely believe they do that, and it may even be the dodo I got to say many many times (my first job was at age 7-8 working for my dad on my first computer, just 1 color; green, no mouse nothing doing far pre-Excel work.

I do not claim to be a biological anotomist having studied that dodo in front of his office...

But in order to make this idea happen, the dodo never existing, and just a figment of imaginationary twistory:

- what powerfood did the settlers of Mauritius eat then, if it weren't giant flightless dove-chickens, for all those decades the dodo allegedly was alive
- where do all the bones come from, also in areas where swans don't exist and chickens are too small, to fabricate all those "fake dodos"?
- how do you keep those dodos all anatomically correct, with respect to what the dodo in present history was ; how come they didn't end up all as freaky chimeras but show a consistent anatomy of a unique animal ?
- my question from before - the Fossil Hoax ("""Dino Hoax"""" for laypeople) relies on the Unicorn Effect - having just 1 specimen, likely "found" in extremely remote or just otherwise absurd areas.*
- all the descriptions made by sailors and their crew, derived stories documented from second hand, all must be part of a controlled "Holocaust Story of Carbon Monoxide Gas Chambers", controlled completely.

and so many more points that all need to be satisfied in order for a completely invented Dodo story to be valid, that the hilarious claim

"prove me wrong", without having presented nothing to the table

first needs to assessed; prove something right first.

*with the Rollocoaster Ride we visited exactly that; El Fosíl, a 90% complete marine reptile (NO dinosaur, start researching or shut up with that pars pro toto narrative) allegedly found almost intact and in situ and the museum was built around it.

A marine animal dying and staying complete is already extremely unlikely, some freakishly close volcanic eruption and ash fall, but no flow would be the only thing I can see, but volcanic eruptions with still still waters are quite unlikely...

it needs to make SENSE.

a Dodo Hoax doesn't
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

https://vraiefiction.blogspot.com/2015/ ... dodos.html
MuseumNaturalHistory 134.jpg

A year and a day ago, I had my last visit to the National History Museum of London. I don't think the city needs to be mentioned: when you say Natural History Museum, it is implied that it is the one of London. I don't like to go to London, but I love specific places in London. This place especially. As impressive today as it was when I was a child. I didn't take many picture during my last visit, but there are still a few I did not upload on Vraie Fiction. And I thought about uploading this replica of a dodo, surrounded by real taxidermied birds. Almost at the same date last year, I wrote a post about the dodos. Sometimes I wonder what kind of birds they were. They looked like they were peaceful. Anyway, I thought about my visit to the Natural History Museum today and the dodos. I am in the mood to visit museums these days, don't know why.

Does this mean the National History Museum doesn't claim to have a real dodo? Don't you think that's a little telling?

And on @PotatoFieldsForever point, "What I note is that the illustrations depict it with a weird face and the name of this bird apparently comes from a Portuguese word meaning "fool, simpleton". It could be a form of mockery for those that believe in them."

They have a particular Victorian carnival look about them. Which might be a tell it was a creation of its day.

The Oxford Dodo, an exhibit in the University Museum of Natural History, Oxford
The Oxford Dodo, an exhibit in the University Museum of Natural History, Oxford

DodosDodos (Raphus cucullatus). Illustration from 'Memoirs on the Dodo' by Sir Richard Owen (1866).
DodosDodos (Raphus cucullatus). Illustration from 'Memoirs on the Dodo' by Sir Richard Owen (1866).

Antique copper plate illustration of a Dodo (Raphys cucullatus) 'Zoological Lectures' by George Shaw, 1809, illustrated by Mrs Griffith.
Antique copper plate illustration of a Dodo (Raphys cucullatus) 'Zoological Lectures' by George Shaw, 1809, illustrated by Mrs Griffith.

Giclee fine art print reproduction from antique illustration of a white dodo bird, 1905
Giclee fine art print reproduction from antique illustration of a white dodo bird, 1905

18th century drawing of the now extinct Dodo bird of Mauritius. Raphus cucullatus
18th century drawing of the now extinct Dodo bird of Mauritius. Raphus cucullatus
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

This is a good one, it must be using auto translate.

https://en.theoutlook.com.ua/news/6886/ ... -sold.html
In Britain firstly in the century the skeleton of an extinct bird dodo will be sold
25/11/2016

In Britain on Tuesday it was an auction where for the first time for almost a century the skeleton of an extinct bird dodo was sold. The organizers of the action count that the skeleton will charge an amount from 300 to 500 thousand pounds (370-620 thousand dollars).

58383d52d2bc2.jpg

As it is stated in the announcement of auction house Summers Place Auctions, the owner of skeleton has gathered it bone after bone since 1970s. The collector purchased rare bones of the bird from other owners and at the auctions. As the result, he could gather nearly 95% of skeleton.

Now the export of dodo’s bones from the motherland of the bird, the island of Saint Mauritius, is forbidden by the local authorities.

Europeans first saw the bird dodo, or Mauritius solitaire, in 1958, and in general, in seventy years this kind disappeared from the surface of ground being annihilated by the colonists from the West and pigs moved by them. Portuguese and Holland colonists mocked dodo for its size and lack of fear in front of human. This bird that was not able to fly reached one meter in crest, and colonists often hunted on it. However, more significant impact on the population dodo was caused by naturalized animals, especially pigs and macaques which ate planting and took birds’ nests.

The first full-fledged reserved skeleton of dodo was found by the scientists in 2005. The last skeleton of dodo was put at the auction in 1914.

For a long time many naturalists had been considering dodo as the mythical creature until in 1840s the investigation of the reserved remained of the species moved to Europe at the beginning of 17th century was found.

British writer Lewis Carroll made this bird famous giving to it an opportunity to become one of the characters of a fairy-tale for children ‘Alice in the Wonderland’.

Well, if the bones aren't from a single bird, everything over the top of them is not Dodo.
That 1958 is going to be a typo, 1658 maybe?
Why would the authorities ban the export of the bones? I can think of a few.
Quick check, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (commonly Alice in Wonderland) is an 1865 English children's novel by Lewis Carroll."
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

pete shea talked alot about the inkling carrol ,i do like petes mental meandering
What pub did the Inklings meet at?
Inklings | C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Oxford Literary Group ...
the Eagle and Child pub
When the group was most active, the Inklings held meetings twice a week, with six to eight members typically attending. On Tuesday mornings they convened at the Eagle and Child pub (commonly known as the “Bird and Baby”) in Oxford for beer and wide-ranging conversation.Coleridge, Lewis Carroll, Charles Kingsley, and Andrew Lang paved the way for the group of twentieth-century fantasy authors known as “the Inklings,” including C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien.

heres my effort ,a t rex is a killerwhale with fake legs
a smilodon ,sabre tooth tiger is a walrus with added leg bones
skeletons