Screens; modern heroin

pasterno

Screens; modern heroin

Unread post by pasterno »

I personally think Screens are the biggest drug of our time.

The use of screens has been gradually growing since the introduction of the TV last century and got a significant boost with the coronavirus pandemic.

From what I could find, the average time spent on a screen (TV, mobile, laptop) is 7 hours per day. With 20% of the young people spending more than 10 hours per day on a screen.

That's incredible.

During these moments, we can't pray, relax, or talk to others in real life.

Screens have all sorts of side effects:

Loneliness emanates from screens. I remember traveling the world 10 years ago without a laptop or smartphone. In the hostels, I was always the person who would speak to others because I was bored, but many were on their laptops or phones. I got to know many people that way, I love it.

After 6 months, I bought a small laptop and became just like the others: more isolated and plainly addicted.

This is a treemap of the US stock exchange:
image##.jpg
About half of the market value is made up of companies exploiting these screens, building them, or creating content for them. That's why I say heroin, it's like the opium economy in China.

Then, looking at media time (which includes out-of-home advertising, newspapers, magazines):
https://www.statista.com/statistics/256 ... worldwide/

On average, that's 9 - 10 hours per day globally, meaning non-real-life entities are influencing our behavior for 10 hours per day. Also, there is not much available on this topic.

I find it suspicious that I can't find good data on the development of screen time. You would think it's one of the major issues of our time. If people spend 7 hours per day on a screen, they talk less to others, sit in weird positions, and become more lonely.

The powers that be (TPTB) seem to have no problem with this objective health hazard. The trend seems to be more towards global control of these 7 hours of screen time and to better control the 10 hours of media. And growing the time spent on screens and media.

If we sleep 8 hours, we have just a few hours left each day in which we drive, eat, shower, socialize, and go to the gym. Maybe it's around 6 hours? And that's decreasing every year.

Researching this myself is also a good reflection for me. Isn't the most radical act to get rid of my screens?

Can we ever get closer to God, to others, to our own feelings and thoughts with these screens constantly on?

I strongly doubt it.

This is a real addiction. What would you do if you gained back 8 hours per day? It's a fascinating thought.
pasterno

Re: Screens; modern heroin

To nuance: the screen is also a great tool to get to wisdom. I think if I would have lived 50 years ago I couldn't have developed these ideas I have today, the accessibility of ideas and information is fascinating and great to find the truth.

The reality is though that 99% of the people are (willingly) sucked into more lies than ever. The 6 - 10 hours per day of screen time globally aren't spent to find truth on fakeologist or delving in the books of Thomas Aquinas. Largely they are spent in propaganda boxes.

The story is not meant to depress us, but to see the power, and we need to have strong centered spiritual lives to withstand the seductions of the eternal deceiver.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

Digital Heroin, Digital Pharmakeia or Electronic Cocaine for sure. What about how these screens are not only a drug but a black magick demonic black mirror? The black mirror that witches, wizards or sorcerers conjured up from evil entities or was given to them by these entities in ancient times is now front and center. Thousands of years in the making to get it into the hands of almost every living person on this earth do damage.

Maybe you have noticed this there where you live. Where I'm at in America, there are screens (with ads or entertainment) when I go to check out at a grocery store, all over the walls of bars and restaurants. You can't escape this shit.

People are addicted to the screens not just by their own free will. To be in a world where we are surrounded by these screens and it's like there is no escaping them. Also the dopamine hit people get. Has almost the same hypnotic effect of televisions which puts people's brain waves into a state of hypnosis.

I also wonder if having all these black mirrors allows the demonic realm to function in the physical reality. Are these black mirrors portals for demons or evil entities do there harm and take people's energy? Do the dark occultists realize the black mirrors we all possess give more power to demons? I just can't put it out of my mind that these screens are just a material deal. There has to be a heavy spiritual component to them.
Samson79

Unread post by Samson79 »

Stangest thing for me personally is I have been left with the screen but no use for the phone, no contacts I can ring or text, just the screen.
Also having superglued the microphone opening shut and permenantly covered both front and back cameras I use the device to simply post all over the internet using free wifi.
Originally I had a phone with no screen, about 20 plus contacts I would actually call and recieve calls from and had a very sociable, pro-active life and not glued to the phone, actually the phone had to get my attention via a call or text and texts were so expensive people made quick calls with meeting arrangements mainly.

Now it is all about the screen.

While also..... a tracker device that can calculate your walking pace which can calculate correct times of arrival etc, a health screening device that monitors your breathing, heart rate, bloodpressure (finger on screen alone can function an app to do the same so imho if there is an app available the phone is/was always able to function in the way the app makes you believe is simply an addition to the capabilities of it, but the sensors were always fitted from day one and that tells me it is a 100% functioning life monitor) it can take remote videos, remote photos, it can record calls, both ways, learn your unique voice and create an identical copy (see terminator 2 wolfie scene), it can sense your mood, sense your emotional state, it can monitor your spiritual life, political views, it is able to record your life....

I think the idea is to make people ULTRA reliant on it to function in the world and then let you deciede to either augment (mark of the beast) or lose your life (switch you off
pasterno

Grand Illusion wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 am +- Has almost the same hypnotic effect of televisions which puts people's brain waves into a state of hypnosis.

I also wonder if having all these black mirrors allows the demonic realm to function in the physical reality. Are these black mirrors portals for demons or evil entities do there harm and take people's energy? Do the dark occultists realize the black mirrors we all possess give more power to demons? I just can't put it out of my mind that these screens are just a material deal. There has to be a heavy spiritual component to them.
Very interesting. It's true. I find that intriguing in bars; I notice it in myself as well. My eyes are drawn to the black screen, perhaps because it's always in motion. The brightness captivates you, your eyes are naturally attracted to it. There's something mesmerizing about it, indeed it's like a trance, a sort of hypnosis. Now, with the fabricated Israel-Gaza conflict, I see the effect on people. It's the black screen casting spells on us, with 90% of the population emotionally engaged, just by looking at a black screen for 1 day.

I agree, it's like entering a portal, and people think they were there, in Gaza. Billions have been absorbed into this fake show-world, perceiving it as reality, as if they traveled through this black portal.

Indeed, there's a spiritual component to it. I also find it astonishing that most of my friends trust their black mirrors more than my analysis, even though I've spent considerable time researching these things. I've visited a few war zones only to find people on the streets selling food, having fun, and driving around. For them, the black screen is the ultimate truth.
Samson79 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:31 am Stangest thing for me personally is I have been left with the screen but no use for the phone, no contacts I can ring or text, just the screen.
Also having superglued the microphone opening shut and permenantly covered both front and back cameras I use the device to simply post all over the internet using free wifi.
Originally I had a phone with no screen, about 20 plus contacts I would actually call and recieve calls from and had a very sociable, pro-active life and not glued to the phone, actually the phone had to get my attention via a call or text and texts were so expensive people made quick calls with meeting arrangements mainly.

Now it is all about the screen.

While also..... a tracker device that can calculate your walking pace which can calculate correct times of arrival etc, a health screening device that monitors your breathing, heart rate, bloodpressure (finger on screen alone can function an app to do the same so imho if there is an app available the phone is/was always able to function in the way the app makes you believe is simply an addition to the capabilities of it, but the sensors were always fitted from day one and that tells me it is a 100% functioning life monitor) it can take remote videos, remote photos, it can record calls, both ways, learn your unique voice and create an identical copy (see terminator 2 wolfie scene), it can sense your mood, sense your emotional state, it can monitor your spiritual life, political views, it is able to record your life....

I think the idea is to make people ULTRA reliant on it to function in the world and then let you deciede to either augment (mark of the beast) or lose your life (switch you off
Interesting thoughts!

For a year, I switched back to using a Nokia phone, just for calls and texts. I printed my access tickets, carried around many cards, and printed my routes in advance. I used a navigation device only in my car, downloaded podcasts in MP3 format, and printed my agenda. It required quite a lot of preparation every day. On my computer, I used a tracker for my time usage.

However, life felt more intentional to me. I never found my Nokia, equipped only with Snake, to be a burden. I called friends.

I think you're right that life increasingly revolves around screens. Like my grandfather, who doesn't own a smartphone. He finds it very odd and doesn't care for it.

The more we use these devices, the more we submit to the rules of the system.

This summer, I went on a pilgrimage without my phone. It felt like a release, allowing more room for spontaneity, surprising interactions, and asking people for help. There was more risk (I couldn't use booking apps), making me feel more vulnerable, yet more alive. In the end, I found a place to sleep every day, and had enough water and food. It wasn't perfect, but it was perfect in that sense.

I believe there's a systemic obsession. It reminds me of the Tower of Babel.

There's this false notion that in a rule-based world, life could be perfect. I find it odd. I visited a doctor a few weeks ago who spent more time looking at her big black screen than at me. I found it very strange. When I mentioned this, it was as if I broke a spell. She had a little shock and then started looking me in the eyes.

Throughout the history of mankind, as God's creation, we have been tested. Eve took the apple, and Adam allowed it to happen.

I think God allows the devil to test us, as in the Book of Job.

And I believe the screen is akin to the apple. It's funny to think about it, right? Naming your company Apple...

I think there are not one, but many 'marks of the beast'. Everything is recorded.

From 'Dies Irae'" in a Requiem Mass

Quantus tremor est futurus,
Quando judex est venturus,
Cuncta stricte discussurus!

Oh, what fear man's bosom rendeth,
When from heaven the Judge descendeth,
On whose sentence all dependeth.

Liber scriptus proferetur,
In quo totum continetur,
Unde mundus iudicetur.

The written book will be brought forth,
in which all is contained,
from which the world shall be judged.
Grand Illusion

Samson79 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:31 am Also having superglued the microphone opening shut and permenantly covered both front and back cameras I use the device to simply post all over the internet using free wifi.
Now do you think it's possible that the smart phone cameras and microphones having the strong capabilities to monitor us without giving permission is really happening to normies or people in this scene? Is it more for Psychological effects to have the stories out there of how our phones can spy on us through the microphone or cameras? How can somebody be monitoring every person who has a smartphone? You could say maybe everyone is being recorded and it's going into some database of servers. Nobody from the NSA is looking at people's recorded lives unless really necessary.

I get if certain individuals need to be monitored by the intelligence agencies, the black mirrors ability to record with the mic and camera can be turned on to do so but the idea they we are all being recorded and somebody at the NSA is spending time looking or listening to minutia of people's everyday lives. It just seems laughable but like I said I think the stories that are put out there that our phones are listening to us and can record us via camera or mic, could be to scare people. I'm not saying the NSA can't turn that stuff on if they really wanted to monitor someone but unless you're a big deal to worry about, they probably don't care but just want the option if necessary to keep a tab on people.

I always think of this clip from South Park mocking the NSA

Grand Illusion

pasterno wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:08 am The more we use these devices, the more we submit to the rules of the system.

This summer, I went on a pilgrimage without my phone. It felt like a release, allowing more room for spontaneity, surprising interactions, and asking people for help. There was more risk (I couldn't use booking apps), making me feel more vulnerable, yet more alive. In the end, I found a place to sleep every day, and had enough water and food. It wasn't perfect, but it was perfect in that sense.
What do you think about the idea that we should have one foot in the system and one foot out of the system? A lot of this tech is a double edge sword. You just have to realize how to use it wisely so you don't get hurt. I think the powers that be realize this stuff they give us can better our lives to some extent but they're hopping the negative aspects prevail over the positives. I don't want to knock the technology we have like it's all bad and throw the baby out with the bath water. I rather find a balance with it all and try to use the technology to my advantage and discard what I don't need.
pasterno wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:08 am Throughout the history of mankind, as God's creation, we have been tested. Eve took the apple, and Adam allowed it to happen.

And I believe the screen is akin to the apple. It's funny to think about it, right? Naming your company Apple...

I think there are not one, but many 'marks of the beast'. Everything is recorded.
I've theorized before like you mention that God allows the Devil to test us through all this nefarious shit. One would think if that's not the case why doesn't God put a stop to all the evil. There has to be a deeper purpose to it. So all this is allowed to go on and people have to figure out how to navigate life realizing the devil or evil will test us and we have to live and learn and keep in mind that this is all happening for a reason.
pasterno

Grand Illusion wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:52 pm What do you think about the idea that we should have one foot in the system and one foot out of the system? A lot of this tech is a double edge sword. You just have to realize how to use it wisely so you don't get hurt. I think the powers that be realize this stuff they give us can better our lives to some extent but they're hopping the negative aspects prevail over the positives. I don't want to knock the technology we have like it's all bad and throw the baby out with the bath water. I rather find a balance with it all and try to use the technology to my advantage and discard what I don't need.

I've theorized before like you mention that God allows the Devil to test us through all this nefarious shit. One would think if that's not the case why doesn't God put a stop to all the evil. There has to be a deeper purpose to it. So all this is allowed to go on and people have to figure out how to navigate life realizing the devil or evil will test us and we have to live and learn and keep in mind that this is all happening for a reason.
What do you think about the idea that we should have one foot in the system and one foot out of the system?

Think it's impossible not to, and I think we should find a good way, but like you say it's essential to discern.

I think the powers that be realize this stuff they give us can better our lives to some extent but they're hopping the negative aspects prevail over the positives.

I think those in power deeply fear the common man. I know this from somebody close to me, they have camera's everywhere, fear abductions of their kids, fear friends (aren't they just there for the money?), most of the ultrarich lead very hidden lives for this reason. Same with politicians who get confronted on the streets. They hate it. They call it harrassment.

I think these people have more fear than the pilgrim with no money. Very paradoxical.

I think those in power love the idea that they can find out who opposes them, flag them before anything happens. I believe that most ISP collect all domains visited for 3 months (depending where you live)

Amen.

And to realize sin is in every man. I don't belief anymore that some people are just evil. But take a fearful billionaire, or the boasting billionaie, and take a slave class that will do anything for anyone for a few dollars without any questions, isn't that sin? Without the slave class the billionaire or the megastate would have no power. Some time ago I spoke to a marine, he fought in Afghanistan, and I asked how do you look back now? Shooting with the most modern gear shepherds with a rusty AK47? Is that fair? Or are you just a gun for hire? A hitman for the mafia? As long as your are a killer for the mafia in power there is no problem.

In the end we are all personally tested by the devil, rich, poor, healthy, sick. And history has shown that sick poor people are the most inspiring saints. It's paradoxical. I believe that before God we are all the same. And a billionaire will be held to the same standard as the poor man.

I'm quite positive on tech. BUT man 10 hours per day of media +7 hours on the screen. That's a LOT.
Samson79

Grand Illusion wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:49 pm
Samson79 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:31 am Also having superglued the microphone opening shut and permenantly covered both front and back cameras I use the device to simply post all over the internet using free wifi.
Now do you think it's possible that the smart phone cameras and microphones having the strong capabilities to monitor us without giving permission is really happening to normies or people in this scene? Is it more for Psychological effects to have the stories out there of how our phones can spy on us through the microphone or cameras? How can somebody be monitoring every person who has a smartphone? You could say maybe everyone is being recorded and it's going into some database of servers. Nobody from the NSA is looking at people's recorded lives unless really necessary.

I get if certain individuals need to be monitored by the intelligence agencies, the black mirrors ability to record with the mic and camera can be turned on to do so but the idea they we are all being recorded and somebody at the NSA is spending time looking or listening to minutia of people's everyday lives. It just seems laughable but like I said I think the stories that are put out there that our phones are listening to us and can record us via camera or mic, could be to scare people. I'm not saying the NSA can't turn that stuff on if they really wanted to monitor someone but unless you're a big deal to worry about, they probably don't care but just want the option if necessary to keep a tab on people.

I always think of this clip from South Park mocking the NSA

I don't actually know that everyone is being recorded per say, that is hard to prove, also accept it IS laughable......, but, given the possibility exists and agreed upon that the technology is not needing anymore upgrading, ie the sensors come with the phone, it takes the place of what was in my limited intellect as an evolving need for governments to know EVERYTHING about everyone, what I may suggest is a consideration that with unlimited storage capabilities and speech to text via a microphone and with data reduction abilities (ie hex-code base number translation), unlimited conversations can be stored and retrieved in the future, even if not simply listened to like you imply, some guy with a headphone on in some shadowy apartment or sat in a car. The ability to store data in compression friendly ways and with unlimited storage and retrievable with ultra fast super computational technology (quantum) I think yeah....the possibility even exists for targetted storage of all meta data, calls, internet and even conversations highlighted on relevent words spoken (think emails that are flagged upon a specific word choice, ie Jew, terrorism, fake war....etc etc) the recording can include EVERY device in ANY LANGUAGE in Real-time.
A consideration upon whether the possibility exists, aside from fear mongering, first we had letter espionage, code breaking, email hacking, phone bugging etc....the form is there to consider once the technology accepts the possibility.
Samson79

pasterno wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:08 am

I happen to agree.
I also want to take the oportunity to encourage you, that should you refrain from sin, the devil will flee from you.