Quantum Computers

What do you want to see on fakeologist.com? What's wrong with the site? What's right?
Dean71

Quantum Computers

Unread post by Dean71 »

• Quantum computers, probably fake? Sounds fake and gay.
PotatoFieldsForever

Re: Quantum Computers

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

It wouldn't surprise me. From what I understand, we don't have proof that something that can beat the classical computers currently exist. There are applications of quantum computing but those are problems that could be solved by using classical computers.

https://www.dwavesys.com/learn/featured ... ource-list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_supremacy
In quantum computing, quantum supremacy or quantum advantage is the goal of demonstrating that a programmable quantum computer can solve a problem that no classical computer can solve in any feasible amount of time, irrespective of the usefulness of the problem.[1][2][3] The term was coined by John Preskill in 2012,[1][4] but the concept dates back to Yuri Manin's 1980[5] and Richard Feynman's 1981[6] proposals of quantum computing.
The actors that claim to have reach quantum supremacy are not trustworthy (Google, Intel, IBM, ...). And for the others, when I read the paragraph below from the Wiki page, the numbers seem suspicious, it feels like reading an article about outer space:
In October 2021, teams from USTC again reported quantum primacy by building two supercomputers called Jiuzhang 2.0 and Zuchongzhi. The light-based Jiuzhang 2.0 implemented gaussian boson sampling to detect 113 photons from a 144-mode optical interferometer and a sampling rate speed up of 1024 – a difference of 37 photons and 10 orders of magnitude over the previous Jiuzhang.[52][53] Zuchongzhi is a programmable superconducting quantum computer that needs to be kept at extremely low temperatures to work efficiently and uses random circuit sampling to obtain 56 qubits from a tunable coupling architecture of 66 transmons — an improvement over Google's Sycamore 2019 achievement by 3 qubits, meaning a greater computational cost of classical simulation of 2 to 3 orders of magnitude.[54][55][56] A third study reported that Zuchongzhi 2.1 completed a sampling task that "is about 6 orders of magnitude more difficult than that of Sycamore" "in the classic simulation".[57]

In June 2022 Xanadu has reported on a boson sampling experiment summing up to those of Google and USTC, their setup used loops of optical fiber and multiplexing to replace the network of beam splitters by a single one which made it also more easily reconfigurable. They detected a mean of 125 up to 219 photon from 216 squeezed modes (squeezed light follows a photon number distribution so they can contain more than one photon per mode) and claim to have obtained a speedup 50 million times bigger than previous experiments.[58][59]
Dean71

Unread post by Dean71 »

I agree, they always have a big story with a lot of scientific sounding terminology that seems to lend credibility to their existence. But where are the science channels doing documentaries on the fabricating off these supercomputers. Where are the manufacturing facilities? What machinery is used to make these things? I haven't read anything yet. I'm actually going to look now 😅.
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

any news on the process of building these machines ,im planning on revitalising quantum leap
pasterno

Unread post by pasterno »

I would say fake.

This the thing by Google:
1_I4eFFZbTdmNF0b16AbRtFA@2x.jpg
Love the magical lighting.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/culture/ ... -lab-.html

Just some quotes:
Inside, it's minus 460 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 273 degrees Celsius) in some spots, pockets of cold that bristle with the impossible physics of quantum mechanics, a science in which things can simultaneously exist, not exist and also be something in between.
WOW

a science in which things can simultaneously exist, not exist and also be something in between

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/09/g ... emacy.html
a Google quantum computer’s processor could perform a calculation in just over 3 minutes which would take 10,000 years on IBM’s Summit supercomputer.
WOW

Maybe we can time travel now! 10.000 years, 3 minutes!

WOW!

This is NASA type nonsense; us visiting asteroids 1.6 billion miles away.

Think it's just part of the space fakery hopium program.

As a counterbalance to the fear fakery of world wars, climate change, terrorism & nukes.