The Bible - the biggest psyop many here STILL believe in

Exit

Re: The Bible - the biggest psyop many here STILL believe in

Unread post by Exit »

Samson,

There are many people (I’m one of them) who are perfectly capable of looking for truth, discerning truth/lies. I knew as a child what lies were and who were speaking them. I didn’t need the bible to tell me that.

You write as if those words written are profoundly deep, they aren’t. Are you saying the bible gives us the ‘right’ to establish truth? It was already a ‘given’ when we entered this world. For me, it’s an instinctual thing. A god given instinctual gift.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

My last post was meant for pasterno, not Samson.
PotatoFieldsForever

Unread post by PotatoFieldsForever »

The Bible is advocating for the truth but what truth ? nobody will say that they stand for lies but is the narrative provided by the Bible the "truth" ? it's a bit easy to use the unconscious idea that everyone have of the truth. "Do not be deceived" but what is the nature of the deception exactly ? Being in a world of lies and the Bible warning us to not be deceived doesn't make the bible right.

I will admit that I didn't read the whole thing but I don't feel like the Bible really matches the reality we live in. For instance, in the Bible, there are wars, here we have fake wars, why? We are up against a particular enemy that rely a lot on fakery and I don't feel like the Bible does a good job of describing it, it seems outdated.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

Maybe they were fake wars in the bible?
pasterno

Unread post by pasterno »

Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 am Samson,

There are many people (I’m one of them) who are perfectly capable of looking for truth, discerning truth/lies. I knew as a child what lies were and who were speaking them. I didn’t need the bible to tell me that.

You write as if those words written are profoundly deep, they aren’t. Are you saying the bible gives us the ‘right’ to establish truth? It was already a ‘given’ when we entered this world. For me, it’s an instinctual thing. A god given instinctual gift.
A god given instinctual gift.

I think you word it well. Exactly!

It is instinctual, and that is God given.

Wether you read the bible or pray or not.

I think God speaks to us, no matter we go to church or read the bible. God thinks about us. Even though we deny him. (which is weird in a worldly existence)

I agree with you full post except for the first line:
There are many people (I’m one of them) who are perfectly capable of looking for truth, discerning truth/lies.
I think we are not, you are not, I am not perfectly able to see. To distinct virtue from vice. To distint truth from lies. Sin from love. To distinct God from the devil.

You and me are no different from Eve in the garden of eden.

So that means we need to learn about God, about truth, and in my opinion is the magnum opus in history.

If I would throw all away and could keep 1 book, I would keep that one.

Let 's say a person grows up secluded from any other people, still he can learn about truth, about God, about the divine Law, the natural law by his own experience.

I think the Bible is the best work of collective wisdom, and putting away as a "psyop" or "dogmatic book" or "fraud", is an act of deep deep arrogance.

I personally think Jesus is the son of God and you can say ofcourse: "fuck him" who cared about guy.

But maybe maybe there is something to learn in the previous 80 generations of men.

I think we need help, wisdom from previous generations, from wise men maybe 700 years ago.

And it's all in freedom. You don't need to do anything. Many people never touch the bible in their life.
I see many people who read the bible in my parish and take all state lies as fact and we have collections for Ukraine and now Gaza. It's true.
(so it's no guarantee)

I can just say from my experience, reading the bible from a fakeologist point of view is deeply interesting. I coincides mostly perfectly.
pasterno

PotatoFieldsForever wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:15 am The Bible is advocating for the truth but what truth ? nobody will say that they stand for lies but is the narrative provided by the Bible the "truth" ? it's a bit easy to use the unconscious idea that everyone have of the truth. "Do not be deceived" but what is the nature of the deception exactly ? Being in a world of lies and the Bible warning us to not be deceived doesn't make the bible right.

I will admit that I didn't read the whole thing but I don't feel like the Bible really matches the reality we live in. For instance, in the Bible, there are wars, here we have fake wars, why? We are up against a particular enemy that rely a lot on fakery and I don't feel like the Bible does a good job of describing it, it seems outdated.
I have an opposite experience, I think it matches the current reality we live in perfectly. Especially the Gospel is a perfect description and guidance in the events we encounter in our daily life. I'm in a bible reading group, and we can read 8 sentences and speak for 2 hours about it and learn from each other how we relate to the text in our own lives. I have not seen that with any book reading group I have been in.

And if you don't want it, don't read it, nobody can force you, just accept the consequences of your action and maybe think with yourself? Why this resistance?

You don't need to be weak to read it. Be critical and much as you want. Engage. And talk about it with others.

There is not 1 perspective. Many perspectives. That's personal. That's interesting.
PotatoFieldsForever

There is wisdom in the Bible, I don't think that anyone is denying that but there are also dogma, preconceived ideas of the world that could mislead us in our understanding of reality.
PotatoFieldsForever

And if you don't want it, don't read it, nobody can force you, just accept the consequences of your action and maybe think with yourself? Why this resistance?
Because I don't understand why people believe it to be true when we are surrounded by deceptions, how can people here not distrust that document when there is no proof for any of the stories it contains ?
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

My only real gripe with the bible, and Christianity, is that it proclaims one has to go through the son to reach God. This is extremely disheartening to me. I can’t force myself to believe in Jesus dying for our sins and that to be ‘saved’ I have to. And I have tried! It just does not sit right with me. I would be a liar if I started praying to Jesus and not directly to God, I’d be trying to fool myself and I’ve never been able to do that nor would I want to. This is my main problem.

The other problem is being told, via the Ten Commandments, how I should live my life. I already knew those rules in my soul, my heart. If they aren’t written for those of us born with this intuition, who are they written for? The psychopaths? If so, what good will they do, the psychopaths aren’t going to take any notice. And the world is being controlled by them (my personal belief).
pasterno

PotatoFieldsForever wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:12 am
Because I don't understand why people believe it to be true when we are surrounded by deceptions, how can people here not distrust that document when there is no proof for any of the stories it contains ?
You seem to see it black and white, as if every believer is uncritical to what is written, as if they have to shut down their brains, which they don't, the opposite.