Scientism

pasterno

Re: Scientism

Unread post by pasterno »

Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am Grand Illusion expressed their surprise in another thread, that some of us were unhappy with knowing the truth. It was asked of me on another forum I frequent, “does it not make you glad that people aren’t really being killed in wars?”. Well of course it does but looking at the bigger picture, no it doesn’t make me happy that the controllers are gaining complete control, extremely quickly. The application of a cashless society has such massive implications. We already suffer in this system; when they close it with that, there is nowhere to go. There will be no escape. That’s hellish.
I share Grand Illusion's sentiments.

Fear, I think, is a tool of the devil. In this case to perpetuate the illusion that he is gaining or will gain complete control.

In my view, the conflict is not so much a battle between God and the devil, as the devil, being a fallen angel, already suggests a hierarchy.

The real struggle, I believe, is for the soul, not for the world. True freedom is not granted by earthly rulers; it's already been given by God. We can find freedom even in persecution. Those who suffer the most are often those who feel and allow to be enslaved by the devil, leading empty, fearful, and depressed lives.

I don't perceive a scenario of complete domination. Concerns about a cashless society don't perturb me; the powers that be will proceed as they wish and it appears to have always been this way, with the devil roaming the earth since the beginning and empires falling down at the height of their power.

I think our focus should be on safeguarding our own souls and those around us. We should just realize they are doing the devil's work and are not there to save our souls.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

pasterno wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:38 pm
Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am Grand Illusion expressed their surprise in another thread, that some of us were unhappy with knowing the truth. It was asked of me on another forum I frequent, “does it not make you glad that people aren’t really being killed in wars?”. Well of course it does but looking at the bigger picture, no it doesn’t make me happy that the controllers are gaining complete control, extremely quickly. The application of a cashless society has such massive implications. We already suffer in this system; when they close it with that, there is nowhere to go. There will be no escape. That’s hellish.
I share Grand Illusion's sentiments.

Fear, I think, is a tool of the devil. In this case to perpetuate the illusion that he is gaining or will gain complete control.

In my view, the conflict is not so much a battle between God and the devil, as the devil, being a fallen angel, already suggests a hierarchy.

The real struggle, I believe, is for the soul, not for the world. True freedom is not granted by earthly rulers; it's already been given by God. We can find freedom even in persecution. Those who suffer the most are often those who feel and allow to be enslaved by the devil, leading empty, fearful, and depressed lives.

I don't perceive a scenario of complete domination. Concerns about a cashless society don't perturb me; the powers that be will proceed as they wish and it appears to have always been this way, with the devil roaming the earth since the beginning and empires falling down at the height of their power.

I think our focus should be on safeguarding our own souls and those around us. We should just realize they are doing the devil's work and are not there to save our souls.

I agree that the battle is for our souls. I do believe it’s a battle between good and evil though. The devil wants to destroy God’s creation, to utterly corrupt it and replace it with his own ugly artifact.

I’ll quote from your bible: Ephesians 6 (I read the verses 4 - 18 inclusive). It does help strengthen my resolve.

I guess I fall at the hurdle of freedom. Yes I can be free in my mind, my heart and soul but I have a real problem with being restricted in this land.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

pasterno wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:14 pm Great questions! I'm eager to hear your thoughts on them as well.
Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:28 am It does feel as though the devil has been let loose and is running rampant over this earth. Do you find it frightening?
Honestly, no. But I am more watchful yes. The scariest period in my life was when I had no understanding of the world at all, unable to grasp why anything was happening.

I believe we have been given free will, which has been a central theme in life from the beginning.

Apple or no apple, Eve?

I think the current understanding of sin and God is less profound than in most historical periods. Consequently, people often make choices without fully understanding or feeling the implications of their actions. They simply follow orders... If you deny the devil, and God it's hard to weaponize yourself as there is a battle going on.

For instance, I know a doctor who despises computer-driven work but continues to do it because that's the norm. We all get the choice, every day.
Do you think the devil is an actual ‘figure’, for want of a better word, or materialised in the actions of people? ie as witnessed in the change from love and genuine compassion in people to soulless, callousness. Do you believe he has his horde of demons?
I believe the devil manifests through actions. The stereotypical image of the devil—with horns and a red pitchfork—is misleading propaganda. It's why people fail to recognize his influence; they don't see how he manifests through their actions.

It think Demons are not physical entities but rather energies, like the energy of lust or greed, which are able to affect many simultaneously.
I have to liaise with council workers on a regular basis and the change is stark. It changed about a year into CONvid and it really seems as if these people are deliberately being unprofessional, obtuse, and just refusing to engage about work they’re paid to do. It feels as if we’re living in zombie land.
This decline seems to have been progressing for 100+ years. My great-grandfather worked the land, ran a café, was a tradesman, built his own house, and had eight children, and paid 5% tax, this seems impossible today.
CONvid has covered so many miles in so many ways in such a short space of time. I look back fondly on the years before it and yearn for them to come back, but they won’t.
This period was the revelation I needed for clarity. It laid bare the state of people and myself. I recall being yelled at by supermarket employees to leave for not wearing a facemask—a surreal experience.

Something was amiss even before, but it wasn't as overt.

It was a cunning trick, with many developing teeth gnawing in the last years—a sign of the devil, some might say.
I’m in agreement with your replies pasterno.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

It’s funny how this separate thread about Scientism ended up talking about God with me quoting the bible. Ha.

More questions pasterno, did you believe in God before you started reading the bible and did the bible cement your belief?

Have you always believed in God?

Please feel free to ignore if I’m probing too much!
pasterno

Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:38 pm
I agree that the battle is for our souls. I do believe it’s a battle between good and evil though. The devil wants to destroy God’s creation, to utterly corrupt it and replace it with his own ugly artifact.

I’ll quote from your bible: Ephesians 6 (I read the verses 4 - 18 inclusive). It does help strengthen my resolve.

I guess I fall at the hurdle of freedom. Yes I can be free in my mind, my heart and soul but I have a real problem with being restricted in this land.
Indeed, it is a battle for the soul, a struggle between God and the devil. The soul becomes tainted through worldly desires, as we seek salvation in the material world rather than in God.

Regarding obedience to earthly authorities, as discussed by Paul, we need to interpret this critically. Who is Paul referring to? Does it mean blind obedience to authorities who may propagate devilish works, such as those in the UN? Or is he suggesting a collaborative effort with a small group, like a boss and a 5 employees, aiming to build a home and putting your energy into it? I believe Paul is advocating the latter. The goal is not to worship the false gods of climate change and scientism.

I think you're right in observing that our current society is intensely dogmatic, aggressively promoting actions that are detrimental to the condition of our souls.

The text you refer to:

4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
pasterno

Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:21 pm It’s funny how this separate thread about Scientism ended up talking about God with me quoting the bible. Ha.

More questions pasterno, did you believe in God before you started reading the bible and did the bible cement your belief?

:lol: I absolutely love your questions! Discussing these topics brings me joy, particularly with such positive and constructive energy.

My journey to faith was ignited during a brief stay in a monastery. There, I encountered something deeply profound and indescribably positive. "There is something here, I can't describe it, but it's good" – this thought encapsulated my experience.

My belief in God existed before my exploration of the Bible. The significance of the Bible grew over time, particularly after joining a Bible reading group following my decision to be baptized. I view the Bible not just as a single book, but as a collection of texts about God, each imperfect yet infused with spirit. In my view, these are the best writings we have that attempt to capture the divine essence.

Your sharing of Paul’s text, for instance, intrigues me. Paul never met Jesus, yet his writings offer much depth. I approach these ancient texts with a sense of exploration, pondering their meanings and messages. What wisdom do they convey? What lessons can be learned from them?

As for my belief in the Bible, I cannot say, "I believe the Bible." My engagement with it isn't binary; it's an ongoing interaction, I think I haven't read +50%, it's a dynamic process of learning, questioning, and growing in understanding.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

pasterno wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:25 pm
Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:38 pm

Indeed, it is a battle for the soul, a struggle between God and the devil. The soul becomes tainted through worldly desires, as we seek salvation in the material world rather than in God.

Regarding obedience to earthly authorities, as discussed by Paul, we need to interpret this critically. Who is Paul referring to? Does it mean blind obedience to authorities who may propagate devilish works, such as those in the UN? Or is he suggesting a collaborative effort with a small group, like a boss and a 5 employees, aiming to build a home and putting your energy into it? I believe Paul is advocating the latter. The goal is not to worship the false gods of climate change and scientism.

I think you're right in observing that our current society is intensely dogmatic, aggressively promoting actions that are detrimental to the condition of our souls.

The text you refer to:

4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

I was reading from the King James Version here https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=KJV
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

pasterno wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 pm
Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:21 pm It’s funny how this separate thread about Scientism ended up talking about God with me quoting the bible. Ha.

:lol: I absolutely love your questions! Discussing these topics brings me joy, particularly with such positive and constructive energy.

My journey to faith was ignited during a brief stay in a monastery. There, I encountered something deeply profound and indescribably positive. "There is something here, I can't describe it, but it's good" – this thought encapsulated my experience.

My belief in God existed before my exploration of the Bible. The significance of the Bible grew over time, particularly after joining a Bible reading group following my decision to be baptized. I view the Bible not just as a single book, but as a collection of texts about God, each imperfect yet infused with spirit. In my view, these are the best writings we have that attempt to capture the divine essence.

Your sharing of Paul’s text, for instance, intrigues me. Paul never met Jesus, yet his writings offer much depth. I approach these ancient texts with a sense of exploration, pondering their meanings and messages. What wisdom do they convey? What lessons can be learned from them?

As for my belief in the Bible, I cannot say, "I believe the Bible." My engagement with it isn't binary; it's an ongoing interaction, I think I haven't read +50%, it's a dynamic process of learning, questioning, and growing in understanding.

Thank you! I’m intrigued by your stay in a monastery and imagining the peace you would have there. My idea of the perfect life here is without the trappings of civilisation, particularly technology, living a simplistic life, growing enough to eat. That would be thriving to me, working together with nature and its natural rhythms.

Not knowing much about the bible, why would you be surprised about Paul’s writings offering so much depth, even though he’d never met Jesus? Was it understood that no one could have as much depth as Jesus? Genuine question.
pasterno

Thank you! I’m intrigued by your stay in a monastery and imagining the peace you would have found there. My idea of the perfect life here is without the trappings of civilization, particularly technology, living a simple life, growing enough to eat. That would be thriving to me, working together with nature and its natural rhythms.
Cool, I believe we each have our own unique calling. A monastery isn't a place that appeals to everyone.
Not knowing much about the Bible, why would you be surprised about Paul’s writings offering so much depth, even though he’d never met Jesus? Was it understood that no one could have as much depth as Jesus? Genuine question.
I mean we can all understand God even though we haven't met Jesus like his apostles.

The appreciation of different books in the Bible can vary depending on the individual and their life phase.
library.gif
The attached image is a useful tool for understanding the Bible. Each book within it is a compilation of numerous stories and is incredibly dense in content.

Within the Bible (for Christians) the Gospel (bottom left, the life of Jesus) is considered the most important.
Grand Illusion

Unread post by Grand Illusion »

Exit wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:28 am It does feel as though the devil has been let loose and is running rampant over this earth. Do you find it frightening?

Do you think the devil is an actual ‘figure’, for want of a better word, or materialised in the actions of people? ie as witnessed in the change from love and genuine compassion in people to soulless, callousness. Do you believe he has his horde of demons?

I have to liaise with council workers on a regular basis and the change is stark. It changed about a year into CONvid and it really seems as if these people are deliberately being unprofessional, obtuse and just refusing to engage about work they’re paid to do. It feels as if we’re living in zombie land.

CONvid has covered so many miles in so many ways in such a short space of time. I look back fondly on the years before it and yearn for them to come back but they won’t.
We are living in a Zombie Land more now than ever before. Zombies are also a reference to demons. So people have become more demonic because they have agreed to lend their bodies or become vessels for demons to live through. COVAIDS brought it our new normal where from now on people are going to resemble demons. They aren't going to be real people that use their brains but instead lend their brains to dark entities and let them do their bidding. A lot of people like it this way too.

I've already mentioned the films like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or Hellraisers. The list of films portraying demons taking over is immense. Truth in movies, lies in the news as Russianvids/TheyLive says. Those demon/horror films are revelations of how life is and where it's heading. To get demons here are earth running the show or taking over people. It's not some idea film writers and directors just keep hitting upon willy nilly. This comes from the Chief Commander and trickles down to the secret orders who put this stuff out for the public.

Scientism is getting people away from the creator God and getting them away from worshiping anything good. Instead turning people atheist which is Satanism is disguise. Getting people to worship the Science Priests will allow the dark occultists to eventually direct people to worshiping the Lord of Darkness openly in the future. Also Science is trying to engineer people to see that you don't need spirituality or the creator God because Science does stuff God can't do. People will fall for this and have and therefore agree all the technology from Science makes God, spirituality irrelevant.