Fakeo Homie Hangout - a plazzy place for chocka chats

What do you want to see on fakeologist.com? What's wrong with the site? What's right?
aSHIFT.

Fakeo Homie Hangout - a plazzy place for chocka chats

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

funny sync # 1 - I planned to create this thread exactly before whispers in my Ear AM Ear moved me in that same direction ; KISMET ; that what was fated to be

a General Chat Thread for all the banter, and b!tchfighting in the background (afaik the Suggestion box threads do not come up at Ab´s Main Portal - his blog

where the Mancunian Candidate already spoils the reader's interests ;

getting meaningful comments on the contintuous content flow Ab chooses to publish

so this thread is also for all those posts that would else disturb the main topics

you can say anything you want to me, Mr. Wilson, but do it here, and not in my and least in someone elses threads, where serious conversations are beautifully evolving commonly shared insights...

=======

so Pub chat, I hope I got the Scouser words correctly, the exactly right (i.e. an example for how the Discord could be...) choice of admin here does what they do best, but 22 years of foruming history have taught me that a General Chat Thread need sto exist

Welcome to a VERY sunny Palace Pub

feel free to share your thoughts here, the way you desire

with

respact

and

reciprocity

and above all

FUN
FREEDOM
FANTASY

Glück Auf ! 8-)

gracias Ab, for having us !
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
aSHIFT.

Re: Fakeo Homie Hangout - a plazzy place for chocka chats

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

today, and especially tonight it is

Sinterklaas

THE most important fictional character in Dutch & Flemish & Dutch Caribbean (funny to see) culture

not the King
not the Prime Minister
Max, Max Super Max

not even God

in multireligious Lowlands

is bigger than Sinterklaas

the story of "him", the amalgamation of historic, mythical, but above all aiducational elements, make Sinterklaas without a doubt THE best end of year celebration of the Thank Month (Thanksgiving-Christmas times), I argue

but this is our Pub

just wishing everybody a happy Sinterklaas !

and ask me (looking quite like him atm...) anything that may be unclear

pasterno, where do YOU hail from
is your background

share back and we all learn and enjoy

this is The Scouser Trouser, the cheesy Pub name that came up now, maybe the

Local Prima Donna

First Lady, in Italian, my speech cannot be so difficult to follow

here, can come up with a better name, her place, Ab's establishment

I am just the DJ and converser, ok ?

glad we are all together

cause only together
we matter

No single idea
plan
business
or anything

has ever
been realized

by 1 human
alone

ever

(even sex not!) :mrgreen:

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

How long have you lived in Brazil, has you accent changed much when speaking English? What is your first language?

I'm usually good with accents, but I can't really place yours.
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

rachel wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:23 pm How long have you lived in Brazil, has you accent changed much when speaking English? What is your first language?

I'm usually good with accents, but I can't really place yours.
ehh sorry me ?

Brazil ?

do I ever talk about Brazil ? I mean, I have been there 5 times, to the landscape wise most pictoresque city in the world ; Rio de Janeiro, but never lived there

in Colombia this month 12 years, more than 1/3th of my life outside of my birth country now, which should not be too hard to place from my accent, I'd say...

"the Dutch Mountains"

don't believe me ?

it's a classic !

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Sorry, I get mixed up, it's the coffee. Brazilian Coffee, Columbian Coffee. I've been to neither.

Good song, besides the roofs, that could be the UK.
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

rachel wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:43 pm Sorry, I get mixed up, it's the coffee. Brazilian Coffee, Columbian Coffee. I've been to neither.

Good song, besides the roofs, that could be the UK.
ah ok. 2 different languages, and you know, coffee is an Old World crop... Arabia and Ethiopia as origins

but you're right, huge industries here and in Brazil

yeah, the general architecture of working class houses in Western Randstad (in the video), Western Flanders (Ghent, Bruges, etc.) and eastern England very much resemble in style

I was born in the capital of Holland, not of the Netherlands, that is Amsterdam

where the culture, people and even local urban dialect (already Delft and Leiden at 20 miles max distance is different) are the closest, literally geographically also to the English culture, overall speaking

the humor especially

the black British humor
is very alike the humor from De Haag

just now, making a Colombian (not District of neither British Columbian) coffee, I realized

the best English translation for my birth town is

"The Count's Courtyard"

cool

ehh can you better describe what

"plazzy" and "chocka" stand for ?

cool words, till finding them no idea they existed and they alliterate well, like it, but what meaning would you give them ?

rachel

Unread post by rachel »

"plazzy", if you are talking scouse, it's plastic, but the context of something being a cheap version. You know, like you see something that appears to be pottery or glass, and you pick it up, and 'nah, it's plazzy'.

"chocka", in the context of scouse, it busy or full. I'd usually hear it in context of a pub or night club, "it's chocka in there", and you'd know it's standing room only.

It's funny when you take the words out of context, I'm not so sure. I think in London "chocka" is used to mean "good", "affirmative", something tv chief Jamie Oliver would say, it's close, I can't quite remember.
Exit

Unread post by Exit »

Rachel, didn’t Jamie Oliver used to say ‘pukka’?
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

That's it, I thought it sounded off.
aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

rachel wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:06 am "plazzy", if you are talking scouse, it's plastic, but the context of something being a cheap version. You know, like you see something that appears to be pottery or glass, and you pick it up, and 'nah, it's plazzy'.

"chocka", in the context of scouse, it busy or full. I'd usually hear it in context of a pub or night club, "it's chocka in there", and you'd know it's standing room only.

It's funny when you take the words out of context, I'm not so sure. I think in London "chocka" is used to mean "good", "affirmative", something tv chief Jamie Oliver would say, it's close, I can't quite remember.
Nice!

I literally just looked up Liverpudlian slang, didn't even know the word Scouse but these sounded cool and indeed funny meanings, so I picked these.

it made me think, you should consider your own language skills as sublanguages or so also

Like if you can speak/understand at higher levels slang speech, your world opens to a whole group, not necessarily you want to associate with, but it enhances communication.

First my Spanish, which is a mix, dominated by Colombian Spanish, but with Castillian roots, started to shift/expand in Rolo (1 L, means Bogotano) street slang, that I get mainly from rapper smooth jhonnie and his friends and now paisa, another cool version of Colombian Spanish and (unfortunately) the most known abroad.

Cause Pablo. And so.

If you like watching Pablo series / movies etc. I understand perfectly

but please not Narcos. With SO much acting talent from Medellín, the 2nd city and more creative than Bogotá, it is insane they casted a (admittedly good) Brazilian (nice sync with your confusion Rachel) for that role.

It's like I would play Tío Pablo (no, Paolita is NOT related, still so funny)

That is absurd, no matter how much voice training I can get.

Just in England alone, not even the other countries of the United Kingdom, you have sooo many accents, dialects, versions of English, it's amazing. And from my 2nd language, closest to home, I am not good at placing accents either.

"plazzy" and more in combination with place (or palace) just sounds to me like a good abbreviation of "pleasant". But that it means "fake", "cheap fake", "non serious fake", I think fits well with the light heartedness of The Pub here, vs the more in depth more serious dedicated Forum Threads in the other subforums.

cool

chocka

in Dutch : tjok - same sound, only used in combination with full - tjokvol = filled to the brim