musiversity - cause music is universal, music theory is not

aSHIFT.

musiversity - cause music is universal, music theory is not

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

with this thread and so many other creators, and or music producers, mixers, composers, real listeners, enthusiasts, other Radio DJs, and anyone else aROUND.

I think mentalversity is a common concept to be applied to those things that are mentalverse by definition

so taste
i.e. art,
i.e. music

but also philosophy about the shades of green the grass can be, and learning from those lessons - philos sophos

and language

together
we matter

and together
we build our tongues
better

meaning simply already you are able to say that what you really want to say with a more appropriate word. Either your own invention, or good ones taken from others (language has no copyright) - Clownworld is not my find, but I love to use it because it's so accurate

MUSIC

and theory

if you want to immerse yourself in existing music theories, the internet is your friend, I am learning a lot from a young but very professional music teacher with a great YouTube channel

David Bennett Piano

but as a DJ and every day more music incorporating in my mixes, music theory has become more of a

we can build that better together

thing

it can be very dry and hard to get

but with the for 8 year old approach I use, I think we can get to good levels.

But only together

cause all of us have different ears
different feelings
insights
experiences

our mentalversity

about

musiversity

the diversity of music styles around, and in stricter sense the ones you vibe with

=========

first I would like to introduce the idea that modern mainstream music has 3 roots, termed with 3 terms, and some music styles come from cross-overs of these three main principal root styles

BANDz
BEATz
SYNTHz

bandz = any formation of musicians playing a different musical instrument - ANALOG - recorded and enhanced digitally ofc in Western music - "rock"
beatz = any use of sampling going back to the originz of hip hop - using existing music and in an analog way (the original hip hop vinyl DJ style) or digital way (using Fruityloops or so) creating new music out of that, typically rhytmical - hip hop
synthz = any music going back to completely synthetical production - that is a German invention - Kraftwerk+ - "techno" in the broadest sense

any modern music style that I know would be possible to fill in this, on top of the classical orchestra, which is a band, or the guy playing drums on the street on buckets and singing with it - a solo band.

========

share your brightest ideas about music and how to make sense of music here please !
aSHIFT. - take control over your OWN life

the more we are, the more we share
the more we share, the more we are

listen to Eye AM Eye Radio
aSHIFT.

Re: musiversity - cause music is universal, music theory is not

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

I stumbled upon this not small channel when searching for the Circle of Fifths, or as I like to call it the Harmonic Circle.

It is a tool for anyone mixing music, because the neighboring parts of the circle are the ones sounding the most harmonious (have the most keys in the chords in common). The inner circle denotes minor chords.

I am stunned I never ever heard of this, neither through school music education (one of the few subjects taught really badly at the school I went), neither through my mom, who was a music teacher (my sister was one of her students) neither through my own baby steps in music making in the late 90s and early 2000s active DJing.

But better late than never.

What I have achieved at Eye AM Eye Radio is mixing all four extremes of the harmonic circle together and it sounds great.

That is what an AI never comes up with, cause music theoretically that must have been the most disharmonic mix possible...

from the Harmonic Circle you end up deeper into music theory and I find David's didactic abilities at a high level. combined with songs most of us (do not) know....

The guy is a Beatles fan and I absolutely outright detest anything by the Beatles, so even for those not liking that British mania band, his videos are great.

I myself am at a very low level in terms of music theory and the level of his explanations is just right for me.
I imagine if you have no background whatsoever in music, he will be hard to follow.

but check him out if you are into music, it definitely helps !

https://www.youtube.com/@DavidBennettPiano

aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

In this post I will outline the "secrets of the artist", well, more the mentalverse aiducation (I help us learn) of the derivative artist with 2 easy-to-grasp analogies

What I do in and with audio, you can imagine doing in two other forms, honestly also where I have similarities in uniqueness and workflows.

Namely

I - visual arts

so how does Eye AM Eye Radio achieve its unique result of

painting with musica
and drawing with muisca
?

1 - the first thing to understand is what defines music

the base characteristic of a song, any song, is its melody

the only exceptions are purely instrumental songs, without patterned tonal shifts, but then the characteristic of that song is the *absence* of melody, so its effectively the same, instrumental mixing is easier for this reason

See it like this

melody = color
color = composed of pigments
pigments can be organized in systems like
RGB or Hexagonal combinations

The same with what the melody of music is

namely

a harmonic series of chord progressions

(see David Bennets, whose material will appear in mixes soon!, for deeper musical theoretical understanding of that)

So if you see each song
no matter the genre
though BPM (tempo) plays a role

as a color

what I do is mix different colors (songs) producing new color combinations from those melodies, harmonies

all in multi-D - harmonious progressions, if you define each track as an axis, a dimension, which makes total sense even from a practical standpoint

I have up to 7D (6 tracks + time) productions...

this is creating a wholesome background painting with which the foreground of GEMz - voices **drawn** over that by me interact

2 - the many many many intricate and meaningful layers of muisca on top of the musica

the drawing colors are represented by:
2a - everyones unique voice (the total tone set)
2b - everyones unique **gemelody** - WOW just comes out and it fits SO well

the melody of each GEM

meaning the way anyone lets flow a sentence
naturally
each quote has its melody, the "singing" we do with just speaking

so either the more contrast or, like in many cases the more alignment between those colors, the better the painting with music and drawing with muisca (= good, grounded people) becomes)

all in 4D = dynamically, changing color palettes that harmoniously flow together with the voices

consisting of SO many sources and every day getting more

now awesome material, I just started listening this early morning and already am so far advanced with @Winnie the Flu#1761 , where are you my friend ....?

II - COOKING ANALOGY

if you see each existing musica production as a dish, a recipe, fixed in time, and known to many

instead of serving a buffet of separate unconnected dishes, as even the most Michelinist restaurants still do (some are moving more towards harmony), what I treat you with is:

I mix several of the best existing dishes out there
from any chef anywhere in the world from any time

the hotness of the dish that lands on my mesón (bar in my open kitchen where I prepare food) is analogous to its sound quality
and me working on that to improve it
means heating it

but NOT using automagic microwaves

more megawaves, if any...

as the 2nd layer in the cooking analogy
the voices, are the extra unique ingredients in smaller quantities (rare GEMz)
or larger portions (longer VEINz ; more podcasty parts)

producing a stronger overall flavor of the dish through time in your mouth of the veinz
yet the accents of the GEMz you vibe with are the like surprising ingredients, like raisins
or special herbs nobody else knew before, that kinda thing

creating a unique sensation
of known and unknown ingredients

that are a joy for your ears
and tickling your taste buds

my pleasure, listen to Eye AM Eye Radio, and you'll (the mentalversity) come up with even more analogies,
along these natural, spontaneous, GAIA given lines...

===========

afaik what I make is completely unique in the world
if you know others who do something similar

PLEASE bring us in contact

more musiversity to follow !

aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

this thread is not some gimmick.

not something to be snuffed at

and not something to be missed

if you are handicapped

when are you handicapped, following the linguimultiverse expectations in today's world, 2024 now ?

1 - you are monolingual - you only master, are fluent in, one single language
2 - you are a musician that competes against AI - not all musicians and DJs do, hence why I should lead this effort

the first point is undebatable and those familiar with podcasting with me, gaia, or Selene, but always me, know how focused I always have been on this.

a simple example is

It cannot be you live in places like

San Francisco
Los Angeles
Las Vegas (brrrrr)
San Antonio

et al.

and you do not even speak the language of the name of your city

that in itself is ridiculous, especially considering the FACTS:

- the humongous hispanic presence - you literally have to do your best to escape español, rather than an effort to find it
- the state of technology and ease of online options - it's all up to anyone that they themselves have not learned the language they in their empty words want to learn" (no; you want to SPEAK it, but don't wanna go through the effort of learning it, just like:

- you wanna have a body buildiing figure but you don't wanna go through the effort of trainig and proper nutrition and rest to enhance your muscles to make it happen

- you wanna be aWAKE. of the Animal Farm, but you don't wanna go through the Fakeology process ; researching yourself (hopefully) or listening to the carnies that shape your thoughts

that is not possible

so, what I offer is a Unique Combination of Aiducational Musiversity (UCAM) yes, sounds good. UNAM is the Pumas Mexico University, so a funny association there at least.

musicians and any artists having anything to do with music:
- rappers
- singers
- drummers
- DJs
- producers
- anyone interested in music, passionate enough that with the proper tools and timely preparations, they'd love to take up that as a hobby / passion project

NEED to fight the AI Devolution

The Artificial Intoxification is NOT going away and so abstence is NOT enough, if you are any artistic type, professional, or aspiring one

YOU need to Evolve
Get More Unique

Better

Because Machines are taking over your role, position, place

if you don't

no fearmongering, though denialists will always claim that from the comfort of their own non-creation

just extending present trends

into a Fairtile Future

ALL this

for the absolutely INSANE low low price of

1 hour of standard tutor fee per class

PER MONTH

It doesn't matter where you live

1 hour of quality language classses

costs twice the minimum hourly salary

you never get a piano or singing teacher

for the same price as someone cleaning your house
or driving you around

so, become what is now called but gets renamed

meso matron

for just $ 29.14 USD a MONTH

and I help you
helping us in the process

learning and improving

that language
and artistic improvement

that YOU need

as per the above FACTs

this is Unique
this is Cooperation
this is Aiducation
this is Mentalversity
and Musiversity
and Linguiversity

I have learned 10 languages in my life
am trilingual - fluent in 3

but the most important
and the level anyone AT LEAST NEEDs
ANYWHERE you are

do you understand 2 people
whom you cannot see so cannot see their bodily or facial movements, expressions

talking about you
in their own language

it's quite important to know if the taxi driver of choice
is asking his buddy the route to your destination,

your daughter's house ?

or

to the slaughterhouse

:mrgreen:

innit ?

isn't that the baseline of linguistic understanding
ANY human in

the Civilized World
the World we can get to know

thus excluding the Yabahuaca, representing all uncontacted tribes

should have

in THIS day and age

my grandma was allowed (not aLOUD. ) to not speak English, or hardly

she was born 120 years ago

but anyone alive NOW who doesn't speak at least decent English
and decent second language AT LEAST to the level of slaughterhouse understanding

is HANDICAPPED, cannot be, in fecking 2023, yeah four doesn't rhyme negro

stay tuned in this topic

and come on air to get to know what you can achieve !

with so little

from an M Sc. with 10 years teaching experience
and 20 years active musical experience

so take profit from that

I work for US

we are aLOUD.

together
we matter

iamiradio <@> protonmail <.> me or send me a DM

aSHIFT.

Unread post by aSHIFT. »

Beautiful day, it were to be the 75th birthday of my mom,
music teacher among many many many other skillz

I seriously know nobody, not well.known, not having met ever who was SO creative on so many different terrains

so a good day to release the MUSIVERSITY in 3 free mixes for everyone to enjoy:
Fakeopedia lists creatorz and music and GEMz - @ Eye AM Eye Radio/musiversity/MOTION

Mooie Matrons will be able to enjoy the fuil mixes. For just $ 14.79 USD a month you support us AND you gain access to material which will be restricted to higher tiers later, so make use of this generous offer !

the more we are the more we share
the more we share the more we are