WTC Building details, window, plans, etc

All things 9/11
rachel

Re: WTC Building details, window, plans, etc

Unread post by rachel »

More bumph from a forum about services around the towers, nothing new listed as per this list. A little more information about the Oval Room.

Some information from the old WTC web site, amenities included if you were a tenent at he complex...

MEETING AND EXHIBIT SPACES
The Oval Room which is conveniently located on the 43rd floor of One World Trade Center is available for rental on a full or partial day basis. Comprised of an oval-shaped main room that can be divided into three separate, smaller rooms and an adjacent outer reception area, it lends itself to a variety of functions. Equipped with multi-media capabilities, this space is suitable for audio-visual presentations, seminars, and product displays. Capacities range from 35 to 250 persons, depending on event. Contact Nancy Gonzales at 212.435.3444.

The Windows on the World has over 18,000 square feet of the most dramatic private dinning rooms in New York City. A series of banquet and meeting rooms provides a myriad of choices for every special occasion -- all equipped with up-to-the minute audio-visual technology. It can accommodate everything from a private party for 12 to a seated dinner for 600, or a reception for 1000. Call 212.524.7000.

The New York Marriott World Trade Center Hotel offers over 26,000 square feet of flexible function space for business and social events. The meeting facilities include an 8,160 square foot ballroom and 14 suites. Call 212.938.9100 for more information.

For trade shows and larger events, you'll find the Mezzanine the ideal setting. Boasting 54-foot ceilings and arched windows, the mezzanine delivers over 12,000 spacious square feet of exhibition space. Contact Patricia Mescall at 212.266.6137.

The World Trade Institute of Pace University located on the 55th Floor of One World Trade Center offers meeting and seminar rooms that can accommodate 10 to 255 people with writing tables for note taking. Call 212.346.1177.

The Austin J. Tobin Plaza, joining One and Two World Trade Center, is ideal for large, outdoor events. Contact Lila Speciner at 212.435.5224.

EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING SERVICES
Located in One World Trade Center, The World Trade Institute of Pace University offers seminars covering international trade and logistics as well as transportation and legal issues. The World Trade Institute's School of International Trade and Commerce conducts job-oriented courses in international business. The Institute, through its Language Center, provides language training in 10 languages on a regular basis, as well as additional languages upon request. Translation services are provided upon request. Call 212.346.1177

MEDICAL/DENTAL SERVICES
Two private medical providers, Affiliated Physicians at Five World Trade Center, (212.938.1188) and Dr. Tadasu Tokumaru at One World Trade, (212.775.1218) are available on site. The World Trade Center Dental Group at Five World Trade Center, (212.466.0088) provides dental care.

CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY CENTER
The Children's Discovery Center, located at Five World Trade Center, offers childcare programs, from infant through second grade, year round. The Center accepts children for as long as ten hours a day, five days a week and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Pre-scheduled back-up or drop-in care is available upon request. The Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Contact Charlene Melville at 212.432.6806.

FITNESS CENTER
Connected to the World Trade Center complex, The New York Marriott World Trade Center Hotel offers a fully equipped health club -- the Fitness Center. Facilities include an indoor pool, indoor jogging track, racquetball court, saunas, and masseuse and exercise equipment. It occupies the entire 22nd floor of this luxury hotel and is open to public membership. Call 212.938.9100 for information.

RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS
Tenants can take advantage of over 80 stores, restaurants and eateries on site.

AIRLINE COUNTERS
Ticketing agents of American Airlines (800.433.7300), Continental Airlines (212.319.9494), Delta Airlines (800.221.1212), United (800.241.6522) and U.S. Airways (800.428.4322) maintain counters on the mezzanine of Five World Trade Center. Olympia Trails (212.964.6233 or 908.354.3330) maintains a ticketing counter and runs airport express shuttles between the World Trade Center and Newark International Airport. Buses depart and drop off at One World Trade Center on West Street approximately every 30 minutes.

POSTAL AND COURIER SERVICES
A U.S. Postal Service (212.967.8585) counter and representatives of several courier services including DHL Worldwide Express (212.775.0844), United Parcel Service (800.PICKUP) and Federal Express (800.463.3339) are conveniently located on the mezzanine level of Five World Trade Center.

BANKING AND BROKERAGE SERVICES
Full-service banks and ATMs as well as brokerages are located within the complex. They include Chase, Citibank, HSBC and Charles Schwab.

DISCOUNT THEATER TICKETS - TKTS
TKTS offers discount tickets to many current Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. Tickets are available, for cash or traveler's checks only, at a discount of 25% to 50%. At the World Trade Center TKTS booth, tickets can be purchased for shows held on the same day and for next-day matinees as well. TKTS is open on the Mezzanine of Two World Trade Center, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. On Saturday, it's open from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

TOP OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER OBSERVATORIES The Top of the World Observatories on the 107th floor of Two World Trade Center are a mini-theme-park-in-the-sky. Attractions and amenities include a theater that simulates a helicopter flight above the city, telescopes, multi-lingual information video monitors, food courts and gift shops. At 1,377 feet above street level, the Observatories' rooftop promenade is the world's highest outdoor viewing platform. Top of the World is open every day from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. For information, call 212-323-2340.
xileffilex

Unread post by xileffilex »

Strange that there's no apparent restaurant or cafe half way up WTC2 for "all those thousands of workers." [cf the Port Authority and SkyDive establishments on 43/44 in WTC1]
https://www.navasotaexaminer.com/articl ... 62nd-floor
This obvious fantasist seems to recall one on the 44th of WTC2.... during his almost 2.5 year sojurn [alleged] with Dean Witter on the 62nd floor from 1990-1993? How could he get so mixed up? [lol!]
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

rachel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:04 pm 58th Floor, Two World Trade Center [South Tower], circa 1999. By Jeff Lanka

So further to Jeff Lanka taking photos from floor 58 of 2WTC in 1999, we have a couple of photos uploaded by an Andy Blair, of his dad taken on floor 58 of 1WTC, April 1974. I wonder why he puts "near his office" in the description?
Andy Blair
Dad and my sister on the 58th floor near his office in the North Tower of the World Trade Center on "Bring your kids to work day". April 1974. New York
4083897433_26b31efbb9_b.jpg
4083897473_4337ceb4ee_b.jpg

I'm actually wondering if it's not a 'spot the difference' game. So Andy's dad's company buys its furniture second hand from thrift stores, because none of the chairs match in the office. Interestingly enough, neither do the lights or the tables from each picture. But he is wearing exactly the same clothes in both.

And it looks like the guy in the background has a time machine, because he's managed to photobomb the 1974 and 1999 photos from each tower.

grab_7.png
grab_6.png

All very 'Goodnight Sweetheart'.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I've got a couple of videos of pictures allegedly inside the towers. How many thousands of people worked there at a time? From The World Trade Center Facts and Figures, "50,000 people worked in the Twin Towers", and the towers were working spaces for over 30 years. So let's watch the myriad of images of work colleagues taking pictures of each other celebrating things like birthdays, Christmas...

Just a note, the first video is 2:22 minutes in length, and the second video 3:30 minutes. Why didn't the creator just put them together and make a 5:52 minute video? ...I think we know why.

Pictures - Inside the Twin Towers (WTC) - Part 1

Pictures - Inside the Twin Towers (WTC) - Part 2

I'll pull a few choice images out in the next couple of posts, but you'll see the same office photos I've already covered are in the videos. So let's start with this one and the nonsensical labelling. I'm pretty sure a poster in the thread I reference earlier said they walked past this sign daily when they worked at the tower. But to be fair, it might be a different picture, it's only with me having a better understanding of the internal layout does the problems with this one hit me in the face.

77to110.png

We are told in multiple places the Skylobbies were on floors 44 and 78, and the floor 44 factoid is backed-up by it being where the Skydive Restaurant in 1 WTC was situated. And also by actual floor plans posted up earlier in this thread. But we do have a know-it-all contrarian that assures us the Skylobbies were actually on levels 41 and 74. And then we have the new architects diagram on the first post of this thread that disagrees with both, and puts them at 43 and 77...maybe because it now seems ridiculous that people had to get the elevator up to floor 44, then an escalator down to floor 43 if they were using the bookable 'Oval Room' in 1 WTC...yet the plans tell us the escalator was there, together with a local set of stairs between the two floors. I've also subsequently found out there was another escalator on the opposite side of floor 44 going to floor 45.

If I blow up the plan showing how the elevators worked, we basically have a set of three 36 floor buildings on top of each other, that would give us a notional 108 story building. Interesting then the skylobbies are not actually on floors 36 and 72, which would even out distribution of floors the elevators served.

What we see from the diagram; we basically have ground and mezzanine levels that is six to eight stories in height. Does this mean the next floor up starts at two, or does it start at floor nine, and that's why we have the first Skylobby at floor 44 ( 36+8=44 ). Anyway, we have the express elevators that take people to the Skylobbies, the "ground levels" of whichever one of the three notional buildings a person works in; and then there are local elevators which go to a set of floors within that "building". So for example, if there are four elevators, each one would serve no more than nine floors of those notional 36 floors. I can confirm when I went up 2 WTC, this approximated what the lift operator told us about how the elevators work. Though at the time, he said there was no direct elevator to the Observation Deck. We can see the express elevator on the left of the diagram must not have been working, and instead, they used the express elevator on the right side that only went as high as floor 78. All of this fits with the idea this was a fully working building.

That photo though has the text "Lobby - Concourse Level - Elevator", and the picture showing the numbers '77 > 110'. First of all, from the Lobby, one would either get the express elevator to the Skylobbies on either floor 44 or floor 78, or one would get the local elevators, and they would not go any higher than floor 43. ...This is, if the lifts conform to the theory. So we disregard the labelling, because it's wrong. But what about floor 77? ...If the Skylobby is on floor 78, we would expect the label to be '79 > 110'... But we also know the top level for the elevators was floor 107, not 110; which was notionally the roof platform level...but does not look to ever have been stated as such on the signage around 2 WTC when the buildings were active.

flickr-GuyWong-wtc2-signage1.jpg
EjVRd_SLidw.jpg
WTC_sign1.jpg

There was no direct elevator to the roof anyway, instead there were a set of two escalators which took the visitors from floor 107 to the roof level on 2 WTC. And if we are instead talking about 1 WTC, there was the Windows on the World restaurant on floor 107, the top floor, and no access beyond this point for visitors. This means in that photo, the label should state "Floor 78 Skylobby" and the numbers should be '79 > 107', if we are to believe everything we have been told about the buildings.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

These next couple of pictures look genuine. I can confirm the Skyloby that is said to have existed on floor 78 of 2 WTC was there, because when I visited the building we had to switch elevators on that floor. As I've mentioned, we had a lift operator controlling the elevators, and very much like Aaron Dover states in his witness testimony, though I have very vague memories, it was set up in such a way that we were led directly to the second elevator that took us from the Skyloby to the Observation Deck...I seem to remember it was waiting for us, so we were led out of the first elevator directly into the second one while the operator continued his prepared talk.

floor78b.png
floor78a.png

In my example I stated, "if there are four elevators, each one would serve no more than nine floors of those notional 36 floors". We see on the second image, an elevator labelled with '101 - 107'; if this is real, which I suspect it is, it identifies 107 correctly as the top floor. It also gives a range of six floors for each elevator to serve, other than that of the Skyloby floor. This is consistent with there being six elevators serving those notional 36 floors, each local elevator going to six floors only.

Given the idea each elevator only served around six floors, it would be surprisingly easy for nothing to be happening in large sections of the building, and no one who actually worked there, or used the building regularly having a clue.

I mentioned in a different thread I'd found floor plans for floor 45 and floor 49. Floor 49 is within 'six-floors' of floor 44; and if we include floor 43, which technically should be part of the ground floor range, but which was likely included in that particular 'local-lift' range, we have the 'seven-floors' we imagine the '101 - 107' elevator was also designed to cover.

I'll copy the 45 floor section of the other post here to keep a copy in the correct thread.
rachel wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:08 am This is somewhat interesting. In looking at some of the archive WTC building work, I came across a couple of floor plans from 1 WTC floors 45 and 49. Looking at 49, it's generic, no details, just areas labelled as office or conference room, but floor 45 is quite different. It has companies listed on the plans, and If we think about this in relation to other known floors in 1 WTC, we have the Skylobby on floor 44, and this includes the Skydive Restaurant and two hairdressers. I suspect the hairdressers were specifically chosen because it's a slow process, so there are always bound to be people there; and I bet both has glass windows so people could look in as they passed. On floor 43 there is the Port Authority offices and the hireable 'Oval Room' conference area. There are escalators between floors 43 and 44, and we find out on this plan, there are also escalators shown on 45, I'm guessing going down to the Skydive Restaurant on floor 44. So I'm somewhat confident floor 45 was also a real place.

https://archive.org/details/NIST_FOIA_1 ... /scan0008/

And indeed, checking the plan of floor 44, we see there is another set of escalators on the opposite side of the building to the ones seen going to floor 43, and these are between floors 44 and 45.

If I go back to floor 44 for an overview, I'll pick out both sets of escalators. This is the only floor with two escalators and also stated in one of the descriptions, 'local stairs'. Floor 43 does not have a similar escalator to floor 42, neither does floor 46 have a similar escalator to floor 45. This, for me, is a notable design feature of 1 WTC, these two floors being specifically connected to the Skydive restaurant floor by escalators.

I've also picked out the stairs I can see, I don't know which ones continue down the entire height of the building to a fire exit, but we should expect there would be two sets, that's the usual safety regulations, so the bottom pair look favourable being out of the way and towards the outer part of the building. We have a 'transfer lobby', I'm not sure what that is, maybe the express lifts for the general public, so they can visit restaurant and hair-dresses. We then have the main corridor with the local elevators in banks of six and from another diagram I'll post up, two banks of express elevators in a row on the main corridor, that's probably what we see in the photo.

https://www.ae911truth.org/images/artic ... A-72_0.png
44 esc A-A-72_detail.png

Again, here's the link to the PDF archive of building works files. We see on this particular page link, the kitchen area on floor 44 is at the bottom and the 'Gourmet Food Centre' is to the right of the building, shaded.

https://archive.org/details/NIST_FOIA_1 ... /PA402818/
PA402818_0000.jpg
napoleon

Unread post by napoleon »

some great posts rachel so much detail thankuverymuchly
the amount of detail you and others give on the twin towers floor plan layouts, and planes and construction led me to daydream a little story....

bit of a timetravel ditty moreso ,maybe a twilight zone or tails of the unexpected ,but here it is

a truther like us with all the research gets sent back to prior 911 ,but with all his efforts they only end up accepting his evidence of planning it ,and he ends up being the reason it happened ,the financial profits were enough to convince them to make the same push options with specific companies ,they even use his camera footage clips which had fake planes in and all the other fraudulent evidence given to us over the years

a daydream fills gaps that i didnt even talk of but i would watch that film

just shows ya what the mind is capable of
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

As I keep saying, I'm quite a norman normie, and one of the things that bugs me is we have the real practical world we live in our daily lives...going to work, making dinner, shopping, doing the washing, etc, etc,...and then there is this world of freemasonry, numberwang, fallen angels, celebrities doing one eye symbols, politicians learning lines so the can lie to us, etc, etc,...and I don't accept they are two different worlds. So while I see your solution fits the magical trick that was performed on 911, I'm still interested in how it fits with norman normie land, particularly because I went there, I have pictures off the top.

Aaron Dover made a claim there were no floors in the towers, then dies in a ridiculous way. That suggests to me he was always part of the bread and circuses attraction. He fits nearer to Richard D Hall because he pushes hidden advanced tech. There are reasons to think he might be right, there are reasons to think he's pushing the same old nothing burger. There is no evidence that currently convinces me battery powered anything will take over the world. So I'm looking for a more mundane reason why the decision was taken to demolish the towers; and I think I begin to see one...next post.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Below, a diagram of the ground floor level, I've reorientated it to match previous plans. From it we get a better idea of the locations of the express elevators, as these were not specifically labelled on the floor 44 building work plan. But more interestingly, we see only one set of stairs, highlighted yellow. That would suggest it's exactly the opposite to what I assumed, and what modern safety regulations require, and perhaps the real reason the buildings had to come down.

This is going to be a little bit boring, but I am a certified health and safety officer. Is there no end to my talent? ...No, it's the fact universities don't actually want to pay people to do such jobs, so they get people who have entirely different specialisms and job descriptions to waste their time doing something totally unrelated instead...if you read David Graeber's bullshit jobs, the 'fish frying' section...it's exactly that. Anyway, turns out my certificate is of some use, because one of the things I know a fair bit about is modern fire regulations. For a building on a university campus, ideally every section should have two ways out; the logic, if fire blocks one way out, people can reverse direction and head for the emergency exit in the opposite direction. Every section of the building is assessed on this basis, and if there is only one exit, then an embargo is put on things like photocopiers or drinks machines being put in that corridor. The logic being if the equipment was to for some reason have an electrical fire, you've just potentially killed all the people in those rooms that have no other exit out of the building.

5.jpg

See the ground floor plan shows only one set of stairs pretty much smack bang in the centre of the building. Modern designs usually have emergency stairs near the external walls with their own exits. They shouldn't funnel people trying to escape into the exact same area other people from other parts of the building are using to escape. This becomes dangerous as it can cause exits to be blocked by a huge amount of people funnelled into the same space all trying to get through the same doors. Look at the size of that stairwell, it about the same size as one of the express elevators, so to all practical purposes, was never designed to be used in an actual emergency.

We are told "50,000 people worked in the Twin Towers". How long do we suppose it would take to evacuate that many people down that set of stairs? It's interesting what the 1993 "bombing" might have actually been about. I think I'll continue this in the next post, but here's a link to the Station Nightclub Fire, 2003, Rhode Island. It's a real fire and quite horrific, it kills around 100 people, and is now used to demonstrate the problems when everyone tries to leave a building by a single exit. It was shown in my safety training, captured by an audience member who was filming the band, he kept his camera rolling as he exited the building. It's after the towers came down, but likely the 1993 evacuation had a fire disaster in mind rather than terrorism. I'm not embedding because the video is not for the faint hearted.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

If we compare the ground level with floor 49, we are able to make sense of the floor layout. I now get what the 'transfer lobby' on floor 44 was in relation to. But let's first start by looking at the ground floor elevator layout and transferring it to floor 49.

The top yellow row are the 'express elevators' that go directly to the Skylobby on floor 78, we can see they are completely boxed off, so do not serve this floor. Then looking at the second lower set of yellow elevators, we see they are not present on floor 49. This confirms they are the 'express elevators' that go directly to the Skylobby on floor 44. This being floor 49, they don't exist. And this is confirmed on the floor 45 plan, because while most of this area is still taken up, it is likely designed that way to allow access for mechanical maintenance at the top of the lift shafts, as most of the space is boxed off.

floor 49.jpg

If we now look at the local elevator bays, we see three of the bays are walled off and the space is instead converted into male and female toilets. Out of all the elevators on ground floor, the six elevators on the very right are the only ones actually able to serve this floor.

If we just go back to what we've already learned. Each tower is roughly split into three 36 story buildings, one on top of each other; and these are to the most part self contained, the express elevators provide the connection between the three sections. The local elevators are split into four bays of six, and only one of these bays serve each floor, the others are boxed off and converted into male and female toilets.

Let's do a little bit of maths. If we divide the notional 36 floors by the four bays, we get nine floors. I'm going to guess there is no crossover with more than one local elevator bay serving a floor, because they would always want to use the other three bays for the toilets. That means if I was on floor 49 and for some reason I needed to get to floor 33, I only have the option of taking the local elevator to floor 44 where I can pick up the express elevator. As skylobbies only serve the local floors above them, I can't get an elevator directly from 44 to 33, so instead I would need to get the express elevator down to ground and then an elevator in one of the local bays back to floor 33.

Now let's go in the opposite direction; I want to get to floor 55 from floor 49, but the problem is, it's beyond nine floors from the floor 44 skylobby. This means the elevators the serve that floor are in a different bay to the ones that serve my floor. So I cannot get a direct local elevator even though the floor is technically in my middle building range. This time I have to get the local elevator down to floor 44 and switch to a different local bay that serves floor 55 and use that to get back up to my destination.

I'm guessing the point was, people would generally not need to move between floors because they were all separate companies, so the mechanics of it wasn't seen as an important design consideration. But clearly it cut the usability of the building, and for all the elevators they did have installed, in practice, it wasn't a particularly good design solution, and when it actually came to an emergency evacuation, probably a total nightmare.

Here's the floor 45 plan for reference so you can see what I mean about the express elevator areas being boxed off.

1wtc floor45a crop.jpg
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

With the help of a plan of floor 95, I think I've identified all the elevators in 1 WTC so the building layout makes sense. I'll get the floor 44 skylobby plan up again as an overview, then show what the transfer lobby is about.

floor 44 a.jpg

The second diagram is the elevator area of floor 44. If we start with the top row of twelve elevators again, these are the express elevators that go to the floor 78 skylobby. The four orange outer ones on both side do not stop at floor 44, but the four middle blue ones do; this is why it's called a transfer lobby. So, if I'm on floor 49 again, and this time I want to go to floor 88, then let's work it out; I could do it in two ways. The long way, I would first get the local elevator down to floor 44, and then the express elevator down to ground, I then walk over to the bay of elevators for the top third of the building, and get the express elevator to floor 78 skylobby, and then walk over to the bay of local elevators that serve floor 88 and get one of those to my destination.

Because that's quite mental, the 'transfer lobby' was included in the design. So this time, again starting at floor 49, I get the local elevator down to floor 44, and this time I walk across to the transfer lobby; here I can get one of those four blue express elevators up to the floor 78 skylobby, there will be no other stops. Once I'm at 78, I can go to the bay of local elevators that serve floor 88 to get to my destination. So the transfer lobby goes to ground, 44 and 78, but not 107. That row of express elevators all stop at 78 according to the floor 95 diagram.

2-Floor-layout-95th-floor-WTC-1-North-Tower.jpg

When we add the information from the floor 95 diagram we can assign all the areas that look like elevators. We see from ground level, there were eight express elevators that went to floor 78 skylobby only (orange) and eight express elevators that went to floor 44 skylobby only (yellow). Four express elevators went to both 44 and 78 (blue) The green express elevators are the only ones that went strait from ground to floor 107, I suspect that while the diagrams to list them with openings on 44 and likely 78, they couldn't actually be called from these floors. They were the express elevators we see videos of people getting from ground to the Observation Deck or Windows on the World. On the floor 95 diagram we see them highlighted in pink. The yellow areas on the 95 diagram are service shafts, so not for people. The interesting one is the one I've highlighted purple in the top diagram. It's called 'Elevator 50' and I doubt it was for public use. Because it appears on all diagrams, I suspect it was a staff service lift and could stop on any floor.