Doctor Who, how far does the Pantomime go back?

napoleon

Re: is it ok to ignore topics as a fakeologist

Unread post by napoleon »

i can't reccomend morgoths reviews enough and the matrix jokes on us is great ,hes a thinker ,not made it to sylvester mc coy yet ,that geordie accent hypnotizes me everytime
napoleon

in defence of keanu reeves ,he drinks a pint like a bloke ,i stood next to him in the drybar manchester watching a band for an hour or so,think he or she has 6 inches in height on me i think ,and his head was round ,by that i mean it was crwewcut fashion same as the matrix,may tricks,but he had a hat on for most of it

also he nods like a bloke ,same proportions as my mate mosman
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I included the Morgoth's Review video because I thought you'd like it, and I have hijacked your thread. ;) Yep, he has got a very listenable voice and a good observation, that one about the matrix reboot particularly amused me.

I don't think there are any set rules generally, just the curious nature of Doctor Who and the BBC. You remember, it's nickname used to be Auntie...that begins to make sense. I think a lot of historic stuff to do with the BBC, it was trying to put on a good show with a minimum budget. But Gen-X has taken it over and doesn't appreciate the context of the past, else doesn't want to.

Oh...I have no views on Keanu Reeves.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

So that was the end of the old Doctor Who series, and we had the reboot with the ninth doctor. In between we had Paul McGann doing a movie made for television. Luckily he didn't do a scouse accent for his doctor...that would have been a travesty. :D

Doctor Who: The Movie (1996) Ultimate Trailer - Starring Paul Mcgann

Looking at the ninth doctor's costume, all black, big boxy jacket to give wide shoulders, also covering the hips. Hidden hands in that shot, and in fact, he has his hands in his pockets a fair amount of time in the show.

ce-cutout.png
doctor-who-8f8ba234f8874a3eb0109fb7ab6509ba.png

I think one of the challenges that ended Eccleston's run was the fact that Billie Piper is such a tall woman. I know there will be other people saying she's a man, I doubt that given Rose and X's storyline, I seriously think the attraction falls flat with same-sex pairings. Rather, I'd put Billie's look down to a canny use of fakery at the jaw line, the point, to give her a striking appearance on camera.

ay_35038361.jpg
Doctor-Who-Christopher-Eccleston-Jacket-1200x1400.jpg

Compare Eccleston's outfit with David Tennant's. He doesn't need any camera trickery, so instead goes with a well fitted suit, it's almost like a trope..."I'm not arsed if my hips look big in this."

Tenth_Doctor_Who_David_Tennant_Suit__59685_std__57897_zoom.png

And who is everyone's favourite doctor, even when we consciously don't know the ins and outs of the fakery?
napoleon

you want to hit mr e up and do a chat with him ,hes really onboard with the deception root and the destiantion,

but it does seem that the fellas running the entertainment industry throw these creatures into limelight and have been doing so for years ,

i say you and mr e ,id rather you and mr e just record a caht not an in depth look at trannies ,itts far better bouncing the ball round and this topic and its offshoots ,politics sports ,even pretend serial killers have some fucking wierd looks now,its like they find a muse a pop a uniform on them ,here you go tennis player ,or here you go dr who, its fun to specuilate ,its always worse than we first thought everytime isnt it
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

The thing about what I'm suggesting, Tom Baker and David Tennant are probably considered the best doctors, four and ten, male. And logically the people creating the shows didn't have the added headache relating to camera trickery to hide actor size, instead, they could concentrate on the stories, and also, the chemistry between characters is natural.

Matt Smith is eleven and we are back to waste coats and long jackets.

bells of st john portrait-1.jpg

But to be fair, this was the look he sported in most of his appearances, the ones I saw anyway. The jacket is less fitted, and what I notice in this picture, look how low the cut of his trousers are compared to his hip height. If we assume I'm right, the reason for that would be to increase the optical length of the body so it looks male.

3e87957c333b950357fda28085831b28--elbow-patches-doctor-who-costumes.jpg

I didn't mention it in the Eccleston post, but I know for a fact, both Christopher Eccleston and Matt Smith pretend to be a fair bit taller than they actually are. I can't be bothered finding the series clip proofs as this is just a discussion, but looking at the previous Eccleston full length and the Matt Smith one, there is a clue if we look at their feet / shoes.

And then we are on to Matt Smith's plastic face. I thought he had a creepy face at the time, but looking at it now, it's all fake, a complete prosthetic, so I'm in no doubt the reason will be because it's a woman.

6176573234_ee59fa1f98_b.jpg

But it gets better, because I've got x-ray eyes these days. We have eleven, Matt Smith and thirteen, Jodie Whittaker. Jodie Whittaker is definitely a woman. But let's get up a side-by-side, because it's just occurred to me...

o-MATT-SMITH-DOCTOR-WHO-facebookconv.jpg
p06n8sqv.jpg

I'm seriously fancying that's the same person. I was looking at the lip profile, and the eyes, the face T is a proportional match, and I just intuitively get the way the BBC plays its game. It's almost...the masonic duality dictates it's got to be the same actor.
napoleon

funny looking fella ,probably look better with lippy ,the pants are a clue id say ,she could just be chosen for you ,a decoy ,or they could all be chosen for their weird looks because

are you ready because nerds who watched it to start wouldnt expect a goodlooking person to be in a sophisticated psi fi ,or shagabilty level to attainable for either the nerdy man or woman watching

haha ,im gonna guess funny looking is a prerequisite ,but how funny we'll figure it out ,well you will

i might point a bit x
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

And as if to prove me correct, and I honestly didn't know this when I first mentioned Doctor Who in this thread. I watched bowlestrek's video, The Current Disastrous State of Doctor Who, as soon as I saw Ncuti Gatwa, I knew that's a woman, look at the size of the head. So I thought, I'm wrong with my odds and evens, because that's the fourteenth doctor.

ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-615.png

Plastic fake naked chest to pretend breasts are pecs, and a fake moustache to complete the look. See the line of demarcation between real and fake skin? And apparently according to bowlestrek, the new gay doctor. No, not gay, just a cunt.

A11-22.png

But guess what, turns out Ncuti Gatwa is not the fourteenth doctor. Rather than David Tennant coming back as ten, he came back as fourteen for the sixtieth anniversary special. So the BBC could fudge the numbers again, pretend they are following through with their system, but get rid of fourteen as quick as possible, as they got rid of eight, and remember the sixth doctor got sacked, and now they can put another woman in to destroy the show...oh sorry, I mean to pretend to be progressive with social justice issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Doctor
Fourteenth Doctor

Fourteenth_Doctor_(Doctor_Who).jpg
Fourteenth_Doctor_(Doctor_Who).jpg (87.86 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

The Fourteenth Doctor is the current incarnation of the Doctor, the protagonist of the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who. He is portrayed by Scottish actor David Tennant, who previously portrayed the Tenth Doctor and was last seen in the programme in that role in 2013.

Within the series' narrative, the Doctor is a millennia-old, alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, with somewhat unknown origins, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS, frequently with companions. At the end of each incarnation's life, the Doctor regenerates; as a result, the physical appearance and aspects of the personality of the Doctor changes.

Ncuti Gatwa had previously been announced as Jodie Whittaker's successor as the programme's lead, and many reports stated he would play the Fourteenth Doctor and that Whittaker's Thirteenth Doctor would regenerate into an incarnation portrayed by Gatwa. Upon Whittaker's final appearance as the character, she instead regenerated into a form similar to that of the Tenth Doctor. This character was confirmed to be the Fourteenth Doctor, with later clarification that Gatwa would actually portray the Fifteenth Doctor following the 60th anniversary specials in November 2023.

The Fourteenth Doctor is set to appear in special episodes in 2023, executive produced by Russell T Davies, who also returns to the series having executive produced the show from 2005 to 2010.

It also confirms the notion of the same actor playing two nonconsecutive doctors, just like the Matt Smith / Jodie Whittaker idea I put forward in the last post.
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

I thought I'd take a couple of grabs from bowlestrek, just so we get the full extent of what is looking like it will TRANSPIRE. :D

ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-822.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-949.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-796 (1).png
ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-1010.png

I'm sick to death of actors pretending to be semi-naked, but in fact wearing fake plastic skin. That is the some total of television these days. Fake breasts, fake pecs, fake naked legs. If you see any expanse of flesh, it's probably incased in latex. Fact. So let's get a couple of grabs to confirm number fifteen is a woman.

Another frock coat to hide the hips. A strong shoulder line to optically increase the actors shoulder width, with sleeves cut long to hide wrists. Almost you don't need to do any transvestigation, just look at the garb the actor is wearing; for women, there are very particular areas of the body the clothing will seek to minimise or increase; that becomes the giveaway.

ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-542.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-558.png
ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-565.png

So, in the top grab, a definite breast shape which the dress designer uses fake skin to convince us are actually the actor's pecs. Because when you are gay all you want to do if find an excuse to get your pecs out at every given opportunity no matter the weather. The second grab gives us a clue that the jacket may well be somewhat wider at the shoulders than the person wearing it. And the last grab, just look at the stance, that's not a man, that's a woman.

Ignore the nose, ignore the top of the head, ignore the eyebrows.

ScreenShot-VideoID-6vhctZscED0-TimeS-539.png
rachel

Unread post by rachel »

Spot the difference.

max009.jpg
matt-smith-726178.jpg

I just thought I'd go back to Matt Smith. Looking at the pictures of him, it's fair enough for anyone to think I'm away with the fairies in suggesting that's a woman. But it's actually a work of art.

Matt Smith-18.jpg

The hand on the right is pretty convincing, but the hand on the left, at the wrist, there is a tell that all is not quite as it seems. What we are looking at here is an illusion. I'll not dissect it now, but the arms are as fake as the face. There is nothing real about it.

MV5BMjE0NzExMTg.jpg

And then next to a woman, there's another tell. See he doesn't look that much bigger side-by-side, yet he's wearing a full fake face. They position him closer to the camera in the wide shot to make use of forced perspective. Look at the weird thick neck and skinny arm. I lay bets that elbow is fake, the point, to give his upper arm two inches more apparent length.

ScreenShot-VideoID-c_WH-E4l8_Y-TimeS-221 (1).png
ScreenShot-VideoID-c_WH-E4l8_Y-TimeS-172.png

Let me pull up a proof of concept. How would you even know it's the same person?

anoniekt1.jpg
anoniekt3.jpg
kathrynold.jpg